Selective Out of Office for users

Hello Everyone,

We have a situation where we have certain users that require out of office
replies to be sent to the internet; however the majority of the employees in
the company do not want/need this feature.  Is there a way to only allow
certain users this feature?

I know that auto reply to the Internet with outlook rules is a possibility
but not really a desired solution for IT or the user.  I know I can do this
for selective domains but the users that need this function needs it to reply
to any domain.

Thanks for any assistance.

Jason LaFrance

0
LaFrance (1)

I don't believe there's a way native to Exchange to do this
selectively...it's pretty much an all-or-nothing type of thing.  However,
certain "gateway" applications allow you to configure "policies" for this
type of thing.  We use Tumbleweed as our anti-spam and AV solution at the
gateway, and I've configured a policy that allows Out of Office
notifications to go out to the Internet for some users, and not to go out
for other users...

"Jason LaFrance" <Jason LaFrance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Everyone,
>
> We have a situation where we have certain users that require out of office
> replies to be sent to the internet; however the majority of the employees
in
> the company do not want/need this feature.  Is there a way to only allow
> certain users this feature?
>
> I know that auto reply to the Internet with outlook rules is a possibility
> but not really a desired solution for IT or the user.  I know I can do
this
> for selective domains but the users that need this function needs it to
reply
> to any domain.
>
> Thanks for any assistance.
>
> Jason LaFrance

0
sconkey (3059)

E2k3 OWA
Users have begun reporting a problem - from OWA they cannot reveal the smtp address of messages they receive from other Exchange users that have their accounts hidden from the GAL. They are able to reply to the messages, but if you try to switch to a cc or bcc it fails. From other clients (Outlook, POP, IMAP) it works fine - they can see the SMTP address. Is there a solution to this, it's quite annoying? I suspect this has happened after the latest patches, but can't be certain. -GT I suspect this is happening because of the way OWA queries the GAL (other clients use LDA...

Run report on multi selected records.

Excel user name
A while ago there was a thread here asking about excel user names - cant find it now but id like to know how i can create a MSGBOX that ca use names - for example the macro reads the excel user name, vlookup short (nick) name, then gives a more personalised message. Can anyone help? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi msgbox application.username -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "LB79 >" <<LB79.1axkrc@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:LB79.1axkrc@excelforum-nospam.com... > A while ago there was a thread here askin...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

Cannot load Shared libraries Office 2004 on new MacBook
I have just upgraded my laptop to a new Macbook. When i try to open any office app. (Word, excel, etc.) i get a 'cannot load MS office shared libraries' error message. I think i uninstalled the office trail before installing the full version. I can't remember. But either way i have uninstalled both, and have tried to re-install the Full version like 3 times. I have also repaired the permissions, and restarted. I have also downloaded the update and tried to install that, hoping that it would fix the problem, but it won't let me install it saying, 'installer could not locate...

Legal archiving for a group of users
I have a situation for legal reasons that i have to archive all communications for a group of users. I need to know how I can setup an Archive with either creating a seperate storage group for the users or installing some 3rd party solution. I've just never had a situation like this and need to know what my options are for doing such a task. Thanks in advance for anyone that might respond In article <00b801c3c006$571470c0$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "Linnie Gooch" <linniegooch@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a situation for legal reasons that i have to > archive a...

Select contact then hangs

Selecting rows from various sheets

MS OFFICE FOR MAC
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Hi there lovely people, I am gobsmacked as I accepted today a MS Office update for my Imac and now I cannot open any MS Office application...? I use Entourage daily for email where I have all my folders (Does this mean I will loose all those folders?) I am a wedding planner and I have lots of email templates, and inmportant info in there... Can anyone help, please? I'm desperate because I am in the middle of the wedding planning season... Many thanks S. Segura On 8/18/09 10:26 AM, in article 59b7a7ce.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, ...

select text in Calendar

REQ: Office for Mac Beta 3

How to switch Office Enterprise 2007 from one computer to another
I recently bought a new computer. I have Office Enterprise 2007 loaded on my old computer. When I tried loading the product onto the new computer it said I had maxed out the number of computers I am allowed. Question: How do I get the "authorized" software off my old computer (which is being trashed once I do this) and get it on the new computer? You get all the documentation that came with your HUP of Office 2007 Enterprise along with the info that was given to you from the Company where you purchased it and use the phone as per below Here you will find the Phon...

Link select with a blast

Select Case in a Change Event

How do I switch users with outlook?
I am use to using Outlook Express and there is a "switch identities" tab. Is there some equivalant with ouotlook? When I hit "send receive" I get mail for all 4 of my accounts when I only want one at a time to be accessed. Scott <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am use to using Outlook Express and there is a "switch identities" > tab. Is there some equivalant with ouotlook? When I hit "send > receive" I get mail for all 4 of my accounts when I only want one at > a time to be accessed. Outlook doesn't have identities....

Select Records based another table...

Multi-Select List Box Does Not Retain Selected Items
I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select items in the list box they do not remain select when I select another control on the form. Any suggestions? Did you bind the list box to a keywords field? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "kaykay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276dd01c4638d$bd5af590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select > items i...

VBA
I am very new to VBA and access and have a question regarding a SELECT statement. I am going to run a select (recordset - so I can loop through and process each record) but on my SELECT I want to make sure I return at least 20 rows, otherwise I am going to change my WHERE clause to include more rows. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to just do an inital SELECT COUNT(*) and then decide which WHERE clause to use?? Do you have an example I can look at? Thank you in advance! AJ On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:14:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I would not first ...

Drop down list quicker selection
We are using Excel 2003 We created a drop down list using the Data\Validation process, which works fine. When the arrow within a cell is clicked on to show the drop down list, how can you quickly select one of the many names in the list just by typing the first character of a name within the list. At the moment, we have to scroll up and down the list to select a particular name, which in itself isn't a problem, but slows down the process of finding the right name. Can the names within the list be alphabetically grouped when inputting the first character from the keyboard, and spee...

Exchange user
When i set up a new user, is there a way to automaticly have outlook pull the user informaion to set it up for exchange when the user logs into the domain on the computer? Not pull but use. Use the Custom Installation Wizard to create a mst-file or prf-file to deploy the settings. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "microsoft" <Bruce@italianhome.org> wrote in message news:%23VND4bg3EHA.936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > When i set u...

Selected fields to update
I need to have the ability, in OL'07, when I try to copy in a contact and am told there is a duplicate, to be able to select which fields I want updated and which not. Is that possible built-in or add-in? -- Boris You may find this of interest - ContactGenie DataPorter 2.0 - specifically handles updating of pre-existing contacts allowing you to define which fields you want to import/update from your input data file (custom forms/fields supported). Features: http://www.contactgenie.com/cg20features.htm Download" http://www.contactgenie.com/cg20dlorder.htm Karl _...

Change Form/Report Query Based on User Selection
I have a form and report based on a query. I need to change the query based on what the user selects on a form. Using VBA in MS Access 2002, can I change a single field in an existing query from GROUP BY to LAST? This process would be initiated by a click event on a form. Thanks in advance for any help. I would say only if you are willing to construct the entire query string in VBA and then apply that string as the source of the report. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2009 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County Wayne wrote: > I have a form ...