security setting in Active Directory

Not sure where to post this one but I will give it a try here.

I have setup a OU in active directory to allow our help desk technician to
create, delete, and change members of the distribution groups in that OU.
She can do this just fine but does not have the right to mail enable the
group. How do giver her security to do that and not everything else on the
exchange server? Also she has requested to have the right to change the
group membership users are in from the "member of " tab on that user.   How
do i give her just access to that and nothing else in Active Directory?

Thank You, Chris

0
k0rnshell (37)

This information goes along with the following article:

316792 Minimum permissions necessary to perform Exchange-related tasks
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316792

Mail Enable Group
-----------------
The following permissions have not been verified to be the minimum
permissions that are required to apply the Mail Enable Group task to a
user, but they have been verified to work. To apply the Mail Enable Group
task to a  user, the user account must have the Exchange View-only
Administrator role in Exchange System Manager, and must have Write
permissions to the following attributes on the user objects:

	autoReplyMessage
	adminDisplayName
	dLMemDefault
	homeMDB
	homeMTA
	legacyExchangeDN
	mail
	mailNickname
	mAPIRecipient
	mDBUseDefaults
	msExchADCGlobalNames
	msExchControllingZone
	msExchFBURL
	msExchHideFromAddressLists
	msExchHomeServerName
	msExchMailboxGuid
	msExchMailboxSecurityDescriptor
	msExchPoliciesExcluded
	msExchPoliciesIncluded
	msExchRecipLimit
	msExchResourceGUID
	msExchUserAccountControl
	proxyAddresses
	quotaNotificationStyle
	quotaNotificationSchedule
	showInAddressBook
	targetAddress
	textEncodedORAddress
	displayName
	reportToOriginator

Since you also want the user to be able to modify the members of the
groups, give her Write access to the member attribute as well.

Thanks,
Richard Roddy
Microsoft Exchange Support

--------------------
>From: "Chris T." <k0rnshell@charter.net>
>Subject: security setting in Active Directory
>Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 15:53:26 -0500
>
>Not sure where to post this one but I will give it a try here.
>

>I have setup a OU in active directory to allow our help desk technician to
>create, delete, and change members of the distribution groups in that OU.
>She can do this just fine but does not have the right to mail enable the
>group. How do giver her security to do that and not everything else on the
>exchange server? Also she has requested to have the right to change the
>group membership users are in from the "member of " tab on that user.   How
>do i give her just access to that and nothing else in Active Directory?
>

>Thank You, Chris

0
rroddy (682)

Changing Default Filter on Associated Activities
Hi can anyone confimr whether it is/isn't possible to change the default filter from 30 Days to All within the associated activities view ?? Thanks ...

User Clss Security
I am new to Microsoft Dynamics, and performing an evaulation using Rel.9. I am attempting to set up user class security to assign to usrs when I add them. When I set up a class for purchaing for example, selecting Windows and a series of Purchasing to allow access to the purchaing screens and save this. Then create a user and assign the class to the user I am creating, the end result when I print a security report for this user, the user has far more authorizations than the windows I granted to the Purchaning class. Authorizations include advanced security, Financials and many others. W...

Advanced Security Error
When I am in the Advanced Security form, I will select a user class (or user) and then select the "by menu" option on right of the form, I get the following error; The stored procedure WDC_Security_CloneClassEntity returned the following results: DBMS: 0, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 50403. I have search the knowledgebase and googled it and I can't find anything about how to fix this error. This error code means that it was trying to clone from an entity that did not exist in the Accelerator tables. I suggest that you Reset the Accelerator from the Advanced Security Options w...

Track Activities in Public Folders
I want to put all of our customer contact information in a public folder. I also want activities of each user related to contacts. I know that tracking is configured in the properties of a folder. If the folder is in Public Folders\Favorites, can tracking be configured at the user level? If yes, what will happen when the user synchronizes with the server? If not, is there some other way to accomplish tracking activities related to contacts? ...

Outlook2K7/Vista & Security Certificates??
I'm using Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate. My AOL IMAP mail worked fine until a about a week ago. Now I get this error message: "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate cannot be verified. Do want to continue using this server" I click "Yes" and it downloads the new email, but I have to do this each time I open Outlook 2007. Anyone have any clues how to fix this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thx can you download the certificate and add it to your trusted certs? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outl...

Security
Now with Money 2005 it seems you are pretty much required to use an MSN Passport to take advantage of its features. This means all your financial information is somewhere on some Microsoft server. Not only some statements from a certain bank, but ALL of your info. Your checking and savings accounts, your investment and retirement accounts and all the necessary passwords to access these accounts at each particular bank. Together with individual notes you may have added to each transaction (and with the combined information of all of your accounts) anyone accessing your data gets a pr...

Custom workflow activity question
Hi all, It seems to be impossible to use any custom entities / attributes in the custom workflow activities. Any suggestion how to accomplish this a simple way? Thanks in advance, Robert I have seen post somewhere about accessing custom entities , you need to google it. As well as custom attributes are concerned , you need to use dynamic entity for example accessing "new_link" which is custom attribute : DynamicEntity regardingAccount = (DynamicEntity)retrieved.BusinessEntity; if (regardingAccount.Properties.Contains("new_link")) { // do somethi...

Proper Security Settings on Exchange Install Folder?
I am trying to nail down the security of our Exchange 2003 servers before we start a mass migration off 5.5. One issue I am dealing with is securing the Exchange install directory, in my case c:\program files\exchsrvr I have a Microsoft Press Book "Secure Messaging with MS Exchange Server 2003" that talks about doing this on page 144, but the details aren't as clear as I would like them. For example, they say to remove the everyone inheritance. I don't have that. (thats not my question - but right away I'm seeing the book completely different from what I have) Th...

security setup
is there anyway to change security level of cashier by time. for example from 9am to 1 pm they have different security level and from 1 to 5 they have different. Also is there anyway to disable "tender" button on POS for all cashiers. i want to dedicate one of my machines just to make work orders so knowbody can tender amount on it. thank you Shoby, Not that I'm aware of. If you can't press the F12 Tender button, you can't save the workorder. But you can disable the Amount column in the Tender screen. When in POS, click on the bottom blank button on the le...

Outlook 2000 security update
Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security update? which one/why ? N "Jeremy" <jeremylee1975@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:01dc01c3ce3e$3509e140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security > update? ...

Groups in Active Directory
I have group of people in a OU named processing. My Processing Manager is asking to use that address publically, or processing@mydomain.com, and access to the mailbox be granted to all of our processors. Secondly, this processing OU is also used for a security group that has permissions all over the network. Is there a way to get around this or do I have to recreate the OU with a slightly different name and then create and user called processing? Any help appreciated. Hi Chuy There is no problems having a User or Group with the same name as an OU. You say this OU is being used for...

Odd character set in WLM
When creating new, replying, or forwarding , I get strange characters come up when I type : ; " ' . < . > / ? I get what looks like an E or e with an ' over top. Best I can do a describing it. Does not occur when typing anywhere else (so far). Pain in the butt!!! Any ideas out there. On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 00:11:02 -0700, NEEDLENOSES wrote: > When creating new, replying, or forwarding , I get strange characters come up > when I type : ; " ' . < . > / ? I get what looks like an E or e with an ' > over top. Best I can do a describ...

Default Security Roles for Canadian Payroll
It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. Fliehigh You could probably "mimic" the same security roles for Canadian payroll, no? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Fliehigh" wrote: > It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when > you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. > > Fliehigh No because the tasks do not mimic or relate to the US P...

Active Directory
Hi Visio Standard 2007 Is there a way to inport your existing Active Directorty infrastructure into Visio? Ian you might check this out http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=cb42fc06-50c7-47ed-a65c-862661742764&DisplayLang=en al "Ian McCulloch" <-remove-toocoldincanada@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3B3FF599-218E-4023-9FE7-BF63FF40A3EE@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Visio Standard 2007 > > Is there a way to inport your existing Active Directorty infrastructure > into Visio? > > Ian Perfect! Many thanks "AlEdlund&q...

smartlist export to excel with large record sets
I read with interest a posting on 2/19/07 and the responses. The issue raised was how long it took to export a large record set (20,000 records) from Smartlist to Excel. I wish that speed was my only problem. In our case, when attempting to export as few as 2000 smartlist records, the computer freezes, and both excel and GP have to be restarted. We are using GP version 9 and Excel 2003. Similar thing happened with GP 8, and happens on other workstations, not just mine. Woudl really appreciate some pointers. thanks. Your problem is probably memory. First RAM should be 2 gig or b...

Setting up new users
Setting up a new user using Active Directory Users and Computers does not create their e-mail addresses in Exchange 2000. Until recently when I created a new user in Active Directory Users and Computers after 1-2 minutes I could click on the E-mail Address tab and see a CCMail, MS, SMTP and X400 address auto-populated. I’m not quite sure what has changed but when I create new users now even though their mailbox does get created and can be opened using Outlook no addresses are populated. I can manually create the address but this just seems like asking for an extra opportunity to have a...

Outlook 2003 Security
Hi everyone, I am having a problem with outlook 2003 when i am trying to synchronise my nokia 8210i phone to my addresses and calendar. When i try and do this i get the box popup that says that i have to allow access, so i press 10 minutes and allow. The only problem is that i have too much stuff i think and it takes longer then 10 minutes to sync. Its also through a serial cable, so it doesnt help. But when the 10 mins is up, then it wont allow the sync to finish and so it drops the connection with the nokia without finishing what needs to be done. I have tried the little install of click ye...

ABILITY TO SET A $ CHECK AMOUNT IN AP for SELECT CHECKS
I have several customers who need to be able to choose invoices to pay based on a total check amount. For instance all checks over $ 5000 go to a different signing authority or all checks under $ 5000 have a signature already on the check form ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&qu...

How do I set up a clustered stacked column graph? Is it possible?
It appears that Excel 2003 will let you create a clustered column graph or a stacked column graph but not a combination of the two. Is it possible to created a combined clustered stacked column graph? Here are a few links that should get you started: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ BradT wrote: > It appears that Excel 2003 will let you create a clustered column graph or a > stacked column graph but not a combination...

Set Checkbox.Backcolor with ColorIndex #2
"ThisWorkbook.Colors" was what I was looking for!!! Thank you! ...

Apply that security package
--yuockqlvko Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mkoqpquddlxw"; type="multipart/alternative" --mkoqpquddlxw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="erudxjyh" --erudxjyh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help main...

Active X problem in microsoft Outlook
Whenever I retrieve e-mail in Outlook I receive the following message : "An Active X control on this page is not safe. Your current security settings prohibit running unsafe controls on this page." Do I need to install Active X? Do I need to reinstall Outlook? Please help. Thank you ...

USP with multiple results sets
Hi guys. I have a Stored Procedure that returns two results sets. how do I get the 2nd results set into a temp table. If it only produces one results set I should be able to do the following. Create ##temptable (table definintion...) insert into ##temptalble exec @err = usp_my_stored_proc @parm_1,@param2 ... but I can't find anywhere on the net how to tell it which results set to process into the temp table If anyone knows.. Obiron Oh yeah, forgot to say - OPENROWSET is not an option. It is not configured on our server and I am struggling to get the DBAs to tu...

Secure Site Security Emblem
Windows XP(Home) SP3, OE6, IE8; Plenty of RAM & HHD space. Continuous checks for Virus/Malware 1.4Ghz, VIA Technologies, Inc. 8 kilobyte primary memory cache, 256 kilobyte secondary memory cache, P4X266-8233, Enclosure Type: Desktop V2 Premier, Windows XP (Home) SP3, 2 External USB 500/1TB Hard Drives (NTFS), 1.5 GB Ram, Upgraded PSU, Belarc Advisor, Multimedia - lists, MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device - Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller - Standard Game Port. Circuit Board: P4X266-8233, Bus Clock: 100 megahertz, BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.0...

Security Service Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3F55C.A5DEBC20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Ok, I have a problem... my CRM Security Service fails to start and this = is the error I get: Source: MSCRMSecurityService Event ID: 5920 Error: An error occurred while attempting to update the SCP (Active = Directory update). -2147016656 (0x80072030) Description: There is no = such object on the server. I used to work then i rebooted and now this... Any Ideas, everything = else seems to be running ...