Security question

Hi

Can an admin read a users mail with Exchange 2003 Enterprise and Windows
2003 without that the user will ever know about it?

If so, is it possible to deny it? 3rd part software?

Tomppa

0
tofors99 (51)

"Tomppa" <tofors99@hotmail.com> said

> Hi
>
> Can an admin read a users mail with Exchange 2003 Enterprise and Windows
> 2003 without that the user will ever know about it?

By default all admins are explicitely denied rights to users mailboxes. Being
admins, they can remove this restriction though.
There is also nothing stopping the admin from using ExMerge to get to the
contents of a mailbox, or enabling Journalling to a mailbox where they have
access.

> If so, is it possible to deny it?

Not that I'm aware of. An admin has full control over the system and can do
whatever they want. If you don't trust them they shouldn't be admins.

> 3rd part software?

Again, not that I am aware of.

--

Andy.
0

"Andrew Mitchell" <amitchell@removecasey.vic.gov.au> wrote in message
> "Tomppa" <tofors99@hotmail.com> said
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Can an admin read a users mail with Exchange 2003 Enterprise and Windows
>> 2003 without that the user will ever know about it?
>>

> By default all admins are explicitely denied rights to users mailboxes.
> Being
> admins, they can remove this restriction though.
> There is also nothing stopping the admin from using ExMerge to get to the
> contents of a mailbox, or enabling Journalling to a mailbox where they
> have
> access.

But if the administrator dont have entry to the Exchange server and Remote
Desktop is disable, he cant run exmerge. Right?
What do u mean by enabling Journalling? and how do u enable/disable it?

Tomppa

0
tofors99 (51)

User Clss Security
I am new to Microsoft Dynamics, and performing an evaulation using Rel.9. I am attempting to set up user class security to assign to usrs when I add them. When I set up a class for purchaing for example, selecting Windows and a series of Purchasing to allow access to the purchaing screens and save this. Then create a user and assign the class to the user I am creating, the end result when I print a security report for this user, the user has far more authorizations than the windows I granted to the Purchaning class. Authorizations include advanced security, Financials and many others. W...

A question that might could have been an exam question(e-learning)
Hi! The question is that some statement should be put into the right category. The six statements are. 1. Has replaced the ConfigurationSettings class 2. Helps you manage configuration elements 3. Implements a custom section 4. Is used to read from a configuration file 5. Inherit the ConfigurationElement class 6. Is a pointer to configuration files. These 6 statements should be placed into one of these categories ConfigurationSection ConfigurationManager ConfigurationElement 5 of these were quite easy but number "4. Is used to read from a configuration file should...

easy question .... i think
my spreadsheet data goes down to row 297 yet if i scroll alll the way down to the bottom it goes to row 690. How do i get rid of all empty rows ? -- thanks Dean Dean, have a look here : http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Dean" <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A0CEBDD-1564-4849-9EE2-0715370B0562@microsoft.com... > my spreadshee...

Advanced Security Error
When I am in the Advanced Security form, I will select a user class (or user) and then select the "by menu" option on right of the form, I get the following error; The stored procedure WDC_Security_CloneClassEntity returned the following results: DBMS: 0, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 50403. I have search the knowledgebase and googled it and I can't find anything about how to fix this error. This error code means that it was trying to clone from an entity that did not exist in the Accelerator tables. I suggest that you Reset the Accelerator from the Advanced Security Options w...

Many quick questions about store procedures
In MS SQL Server Management Studio Express I executed CREATE PROCEDURE UpdatePhoto ....snip... What I now see in the Stored Procedures is: db_owner.UpdatePhoto All the rest of the procedures are name like: dbo_AddPhoto Should I be concerned about that? What does that prefix mean? Do I ever use that prefix when I reference the procedure? Can I change it to dbo? Am I suppose to insert GO after the code when I Execute the Query in the Management Studio? Thank in advance to the answer to any of the above. Cal Who (CalWho@roadrunner.com) wri...

Outlook2K7/Vista & Security Certificates??
I'm using Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate. My AOL IMAP mail worked fine until a about a week ago. Now I get this error message: "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate cannot be verified. Do want to continue using this server" I click "Yes" and it downloads the new email, but I have to do this each time I open Outlook 2007. Anyone have any clues how to fix this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thx can you download the certificate and add it to your trusted certs? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outl...

Msgbox question 01-07-08
hello I have often used DoCmd.MoveSize 1000, 500, 2000, 2500 to position and size forms. Is there a way to position and size Message boxes? -- Thanks No. If you want to do that, create your own form and use that as a "message box", then you can manipulate its location and size. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Sophie" <Sophie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:831A8804-5A40-4C3F-9E48-59AF65E4107B@microsoft.com... > hello > > I have often used DoCmd.MoveSize 1000, 500, 2000, 2500 to position and > size > forms. I...

DST Question
All, Can anyone tell me how recurring appointments that fall within the beginning and ending windows of the new DST will respond once Exchange/Outlook have been patched? I somehow got tasked to explaining this to our user group... My understanding is that recurring appointments that were originally set up within one of the windows will show a 1 hour difference from expected during the windows. For example, in 2006 I created a recurring appointment on March 8, with the time being set to 2:00 Central. My expectation is that during the start window, this appointment will show 3:00 Cent...

Security
Now with Money 2005 it seems you are pretty much required to use an MSN Passport to take advantage of its features. This means all your financial information is somewhere on some Microsoft server. Not only some statements from a certain bank, but ALL of your info. Your checking and savings accounts, your investment and retirement accounts and all the necessary passwords to access these accounts at each particular bank. Together with individual notes you may have added to each transaction (and with the combined information of all of your accounts) anyone accessing your data gets a pr...

Question on Excel
How do i delete when i click one of this autoshapes? Right-click > Cut Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "billy" <billy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C99FD7EA-EFED-4C31-A50B-5F0F19D7FDD5@microsoft.com... > How do i delete when i click one of this autoshapes? After you select the autoshape, right click - delete, or just hit the delete key on the keyboard. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "billy" wrote: > How do i delete when i click one of this autosha...

Custom workflow activity question
Hi all, It seems to be impossible to use any custom entities / attributes in the custom workflow activities. Any suggestion how to accomplish this a simple way? Thanks in advance, Robert I have seen post somewhere about accessing custom entities , you need to google it. As well as custom attributes are concerned , you need to use dynamic entity for example accessing "new_link" which is custom attribute : DynamicEntity regardingAccount = (DynamicEntity)retrieved.BusinessEntity; if (regardingAccount.Properties.Contains("new_link")) { // do somethi...

Multi Store Workflow Question
We have one store and a warehouse. We need to order and receive items at the warehouse and transfer them to the store. We need the store to be able to see what is on order and all inventory at the warehouse. Is anyone doing something like this, and how easy it it? At a recent demo, this required many steps, logging into 3 different databases, doing updates, etc. Very confusing for simple tasks we need to do every day. Marvin: Microsoft RMS HeadQuarters would be the solution for you. You can view the inventory in Warehouse and items on order from the Store Mihir Shah Diviasoft, In...

Proper Security Settings on Exchange Install Folder?
I am trying to nail down the security of our Exchange 2003 servers before we start a mass migration off 5.5. One issue I am dealing with is securing the Exchange install directory, in my case c:\program files\exchsrvr I have a Microsoft Press Book "Secure Messaging with MS Exchange Server 2003" that talks about doing this on page 144, but the details aren't as clear as I would like them. For example, they say to remove the everyone inheritance. I don't have that. (thats not my question - but right away I'm seeing the book completely different from what I have) Th...

security setup
is there anyway to change security level of cashier by time. for example from 9am to 1 pm they have different security level and from 1 to 5 they have different. Also is there anyway to disable "tender" button on POS for all cashiers. i want to dedicate one of my machines just to make work orders so knowbody can tender amount on it. thank you Shoby, Not that I'm aware of. If you can't press the F12 Tender button, you can't save the workorder. But you can disable the Amount column in the Tender screen. When in POS, click on the bottom blank button on the le...

Popup window question
When I first open my Outlook 2003, a window pops up that says "Microsoft LDAP Directory" Then it says "Server Name: NULL" "Port: 3268" "Username: NULL" "Password: " How can I keep this from popping up and what does it mean? Thanks! ...

Outlook 2000 security update
Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security update? which one/why ? N "Jeremy" <jeremylee1975@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:01dc01c3ce3e$3509e140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security > update? ...

Going from Project Server 2007 to Project Server 2010
Right now we have an official Project Server 2007 production instance as well as a little test installation on a VM. However, we are far from a robust multi-environment shop with formal change management procedures in place, data refresh procedures in place, etc. We have two choices: 1) We can do the fancy infrastructure build out now in Project Server 2007 THEN migrate to Project Server 2010 2) Wait until 2010 to do a fancy infrastructure build out. Which is the very best of the two options that has the least pain associated with it? We are running 32-bit Windows Server 2003...

newbie questions
I'm new at excel so bear with me. I built a sheet and it has a button i attached some vba code to. Now i cant get back to that code, the button still works ok but i want to add some code beyond what is there First... How do i get back to the code attached to the button? When i do tools/macros/vb editor the code isn't there, nor is the routine listed in either of the procedure drop down boxes. Next... I have a text box, can i set up a formula to put the date/time in the text box (or with a macro) can it refresh on a timer (say once per minute?)? Next... One column in my sheet has ...

e-mail question #2
I just set up outlook & need help. I can send e-mails to other addresses but I am unable to recieve them. Any sugestions? Check with your ISP to make sure your POP account settings are correct. Will wrote: > I just set up outlook & need help. I can send e-mails to > other addresses but I am unable to recieve them. Any > sugestions? ...

Default Security Roles for Canadian Payroll
It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. Fliehigh You could probably "mimic" the same security roles for Canadian payroll, no? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Fliehigh" wrote: > It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when > you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. > > Fliehigh No because the tasks do not mimic or relate to the US P...

Beginner XML question
Hello, I have a simple XML file which I want to parse through in .NET using C#. Do I have to parse line by line , or is there a way to marshall the tree into an object type? Can someone refer me to an online document describing how I would do either? Thanks D When you said "tree" I assume that this is the Document Object Model (DOM) yes? Then the equivalent will be the XmlDocument class on System.Xml namespace. You can use the XmlDocument.Load (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemxmlxmldocumentclassloadtopic.asp) or XmlDo...

Outlook 2003 Security
Hi everyone, I am having a problem with outlook 2003 when i am trying to synchronise my nokia 8210i phone to my addresses and calendar. When i try and do this i get the box popup that says that i have to allow access, so i press 10 minutes and allow. The only problem is that i have too much stuff i think and it takes longer then 10 minutes to sync. Its also through a serial cable, so it doesnt help. But when the 10 mins is up, then it wont allow the sync to finish and so it drops the connection with the nokia without finishing what needs to be done. I have tried the little install of click ye...

Apply that security package
--yuockqlvko Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mkoqpquddlxw"; type="multipart/alternative" --mkoqpquddlxw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="erudxjyh" --erudxjyh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help main...

Secure Site Security Emblem
Windows XP(Home) SP3, OE6, IE8; Plenty of RAM & HHD space. Continuous checks for Virus/Malware 1.4Ghz, VIA Technologies, Inc. 8 kilobyte primary memory cache, 256 kilobyte secondary memory cache, P4X266-8233, Enclosure Type: Desktop V2 Premier, Windows XP (Home) SP3, 2 External USB 500/1TB Hard Drives (NTFS), 1.5 GB Ram, Upgraded PSU, Belarc Advisor, Multimedia - lists, MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device - Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller - Standard Game Port. Circuit Board: P4X266-8233, Bus Clock: 100 megahertz, BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.0...

Newbie Questions
This must be incredibly easy, but I've poked around in most of the chart options I can find and haven't been able to see it. I have a sheet that looks something like: 6/11/05 6/12/05 6/13/05 ... Inventory Totals A 419 431 432 ... B 145 145 144 ... I'm charting only the values in the A row, 419, 434, etc. An appropriate range is shown on the Y axis. I have the X axis formatted as dates, but I get the dates 1/1, 1/2, etc. How do I tie the X axis labels to the dates in my data? Another question: This data will grow indefini...