Security Properties for The Org

I know that there is a way to modify the registry to see what permissions
are inherited from the parent.  Can someone point me to the correct article
about this?
Thank You.

0
koryg (56)

Hi Kory,
I think you want to be able to see the security tab in the ESM to do this
use the following steps:

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).

2. Locate the following key in the registry:

	HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\EXAdmin

3. On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry
value:

		Value Name: ShowSecurityPage
		Data Type: REG_DWORD
		Radix: Binary
		Value: 1

4. Quit Registry Editor.

This is from the Microsoft article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/264733
I hope that helps,

0
roberba (123)

User Clss Security
I am new to Microsoft Dynamics, and performing an evaulation using Rel.9. I am attempting to set up user class security to assign to usrs when I add them. When I set up a class for purchaing for example, selecting Windows and a series of Purchasing to allow access to the purchaing screens and save this. Then create a user and assign the class to the user I am creating, the end result when I print a security report for this user, the user has far more authorizations than the windows I granted to the Purchaning class. Authorizations include advanced security, Financials and many others. W...

Fonts on Property Sheets ???
Greetings: I have used the "OnInitDialog" of a CPropertySheet derived sheet to expand the size of the sheet and also move the tabs, pages and buttons down to make room for some additional controls along the top of the sheet. This all went very well. Until I tried to add some edit boxes and static controls along the top of the property sheet. The static text boxes are being rendered with this font that is different from and is much larger that the "MS San Serif" pitch 8 font that most dialogs default to. I created a pointer to a CFont and obtained the LOGFONT structure th...

Advanced Security Error
When I am in the Advanced Security form, I will select a user class (or user) and then select the "by menu" option on right of the form, I get the following error; The stored procedure WDC_Security_CloneClassEntity returned the following results: DBMS: 0, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 50403. I have search the knowledgebase and googled it and I can't find anything about how to fix this error. This error code means that it was trying to clone from an entity that did not exist in the Accelerator tables. I suggest that you Reset the Accelerator from the Advanced Security Options w...

Outlook2K7/Vista & Security Certificates??
I'm using Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate. My AOL IMAP mail worked fine until a about a week ago. Now I get this error message: "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate cannot be verified. Do want to continue using this server" I click "Yes" and it downloads the new email, but I have to do this each time I open Outlook 2007. Anyone have any clues how to fix this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thx can you download the certificate and add it to your trusted certs? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outl...

Security
Now with Money 2005 it seems you are pretty much required to use an MSN Passport to take advantage of its features. This means all your financial information is somewhere on some Microsoft server. Not only some statements from a certain bank, but ALL of your info. Your checking and savings accounts, your investment and retirement accounts and all the necessary passwords to access these accounts at each particular bank. Together with individual notes you may have added to each transaction (and with the combined information of all of your accounts) anyone accessing your data gets a pr...

check box back/fill property
Is it possible to set the fill property of a check box to no fill (i.e., transparent)? See: Format Check boxes on reports at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-52.html The article explains how to simulate a check box, so you can size, color, unbox, conditionally format it. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D997E59F-C327-4FDA-868F-8128DDB27344@microsoft...

Proper Security Settings on Exchange Install Folder?
I am trying to nail down the security of our Exchange 2003 servers before we start a mass migration off 5.5. One issue I am dealing with is securing the Exchange install directory, in my case c:\program files\exchsrvr I have a Microsoft Press Book "Secure Messaging with MS Exchange Server 2003" that talks about doing this on page 144, but the details aren't as clear as I would like them. For example, they say to remove the everyone inheritance. I don't have that. (thats not my question - but right away I'm seeing the book completely different from what I have) Th...

security setup
is there anyway to change security level of cashier by time. for example from 9am to 1 pm they have different security level and from 1 to 5 they have different. Also is there anyway to disable "tender" button on POS for all cashiers. i want to dedicate one of my machines just to make work orders so knowbody can tender amount on it. thank you Shoby, Not that I'm aware of. If you can't press the F12 Tender button, you can't save the workorder. But you can disable the Amount column in the Tender screen. When in POS, click on the bottom blank button on the le...

Outlook 2000 security update
Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security update? which one/why ? N "Jeremy" <jeremylee1975@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:01dc01c3ce3e$3509e140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security > update? ...

Default Security Roles for Canadian Payroll
It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. Fliehigh You could probably "mimic" the same security roles for Canadian payroll, no? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Fliehigh" wrote: > It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when > you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. > > Fliehigh No because the tasks do not mimic or relate to the US P...

Outlook 2003 Security
Hi everyone, I am having a problem with outlook 2003 when i am trying to synchronise my nokia 8210i phone to my addresses and calendar. When i try and do this i get the box popup that says that i have to allow access, so i press 10 minutes and allow. The only problem is that i have too much stuff i think and it takes longer then 10 minutes to sync. Its also through a serial cable, so it doesnt help. But when the 10 mins is up, then it wont allow the sync to finish and so it drops the connection with the nokia without finishing what needs to be done. I have tried the little install of click ye...

Apply that security package
--yuockqlvko Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mkoqpquddlxw"; type="multipart/alternative" --mkoqpquddlxw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="erudxjyh" --erudxjyh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help main...

Secure Site Security Emblem
Windows XP(Home) SP3, OE6, IE8; Plenty of RAM & HHD space. Continuous checks for Virus/Malware 1.4Ghz, VIA Technologies, Inc. 8 kilobyte primary memory cache, 256 kilobyte secondary memory cache, P4X266-8233, Enclosure Type: Desktop V2 Premier, Windows XP (Home) SP3, 2 External USB 500/1TB Hard Drives (NTFS), 1.5 GB Ram, Upgraded PSU, Belarc Advisor, Multimedia - lists, MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device - Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller - Standard Game Port. Circuit Board: P4X266-8233, Bus Clock: 100 megahertz, BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.0...

Security Service Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3F55C.A5DEBC20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Ok, I have a problem... my CRM Security Service fails to start and this = is the error I get: Source: MSCRMSecurityService Event ID: 5920 Error: An error occurred while attempting to update the SCP (Active = Directory update). -2147016656 (0x80072030) Description: There is no = such object on the server. I used to work then i rebooted and now this... Any Ideas, everything = else seems to be running ...

Can't find a property name
Hi, Your help is greatly appreciated. The following code snippet displays the Object Data OK... but if I try to update the edited fields SeqNum or Title I get the following error message: Could not find a property named 'SeqNum' on the type specified by the DataObjectTypeName property in ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1'. How do I define the Binding objects property names ?? <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" Runat="server" DataSourceID="ObjectDataSource1" AutoGenerateColumns="False" Width="100%" DataKey...

Security
I need to be able to prevent certain users from changing a single text box in our Customer Maintenance window. My understanding is that we shoudl be able to do this with Field Level Security. I am relatively new to Great Plains and would like some advice as to whether I am on the right track, and any recomendations on good references for this. ----- Thanks in Advance Chris Hornung Chris - yes, you could do that with Field Level Security. This would be a good option of you need to lock the field on a conditional basis--such as with a password. If you have Modifier, you can also just...

Linked Cell Property In Activex controls
Can someone point me to an example showing how this property can be used, linking, as an example, an option button to a specific cell? Say if I wanted "1" to appear in cell B2 of the worksheet if the option button is clicked KG, The option button puts TRUE or FALSE into its Linked Cell. You can get 1 or 0 out of that by referring to it with double negation operators. = --A1 -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "KG" <KG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:924E6B40-6040-4016-B75B...

Unable to install security program/referenced memory issue
Bear with me, this is the first time I have had to post. I am having an issue installing McAfee antivirus on my mom's system. She is using Windows XP (with no original program info or discs) and I recently uninstalled Symantec due to an issue of letting a virus in. When I uninstalled, it asked if I wanted to permanently the program and it's files. I inadvertently clicked yes and voila, I messed up. I now can't get McAfee from Comcast to install due to multiple, different "referenced memory" errors. Will Chkdsk correct this? How can I correct this? An...

Workbook password security
I've been asked to oversee the implementation of a process where organisations would send us sensitive client data via password protected Excel workbooks (i.e. the workbook would have the password on it, not the sheets contained therein. This worries me because it was always my understanding that Excel was never intended to function as a secure data repository and should not be used that way. Having said that, my recent reading leads me to believe that it is the WORKSHEET passwords that are easily worked around, not the WORKBOOK passwords. From what I can gather, the only thing tha...

Security error
Hi there, I installed my web site onto a newly installed version of Win Server 2008 and am now getting a "System.Security.Policy.PolicyException" trying to access any page. The error is "Execution permission cannot be acquired" but more specifically, it's related to the "'AjaxControlToolkit" I installed into my ASP.NET "bin" folder. There are various messages that it can't be loaded, that it "failed to grant permission to execute", etc. I've tried all sorts of different things but of course (as usual) there's ...

Tools-macro-security
One of my clients cannot get the change security to low option to stick. Every time she opens the database, she gets assaulted by meaningless security messages because she cannot turn them off. Is this being controlled by the IT department with some registry setting? Pat: It COULD be a Group Policy that their SysAdmin has set. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator ____________________________________ If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. "Pat Hartman" wrote: > One of my clients cannot get the change security to low option to stick. > Eve...

Outlook security settings block third party apps to send email
Hi A customer has a third party app that sends emails thhru e local install of Outlook on a Win 2003 server. We recently updated the server with patches, both for OS but also for Outlook. i this case we applied Sp2 and got problems with the security settings that now promts to allow or not allow this third party app to connect to send emails. Is there a way to get around this "by design issue" or Is the only solution to reinstall? TIA -- Henrik Arenblad, MCP SBS, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q555375 http://www.google.com/ Sry, forgott to mention, Outlook Is version 2...

Discount Security
I Am wondering if i can set a maximum discount level for a cashier i.e. 20% but unlimited for other cashiers ? ...

help needed property sheet
hi all I am using property sheet in my project. I want to put different formviews as pages. Any body knows good article about property sheet. Thanks in advance with regards Harish 1. Create a dialog with child style. 2. Use ClassWizard to add a new CFormView with of created dialog. 3. I think, you need to make the destructor/constructor public( since they are protected, by default ) 4. Add PostNCDestroy to this newly created CFormView class, and remove the base class invocation for PostNCDestroy(...). 5. Add a new function say, CreateFormView( CWnd* pParent) CFormViewEx::CreateFormVi...

Social Security Number Security
We have a lot of people who need to use various screens in Human Resources to record things like training, courses, etc. These people should not have access to the social security number of the employees. Is there a way (either in GP or SQL) where that field can be restricted and still allow access to the HR windows? You can use field level security to hide the field to certain employees. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com "Bob Harr...