security attribute properties

hi  all,
i have denied accidentally the read rights for "the authenticated user"
in "all groups" subcontainer in "All address list" into exchange system
manager.
I'm not able to recover the error.
I have tried "DSACLS.EXE" command, but the syntax is  too much
difficult for me.
Can you help me to resolve this situation?
Sorry for my bad english and thanks for all.
Mauro

0
alongsoul (1)

Ooops...    Have you tried to re-assign them using ADSIEDT?

--
Jim McBee
Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

<alongsoul@tiscali.it> wrote in message
> hi  all,
> i have denied accidentally the read rights for "the authenticated user"
> in "all groups" subcontainer in "All address list" into exchange system
> manager.
> I'm not able to recover the error.
> I have tried "DSACLS.EXE" command, but the syntax is  too much
> difficult for me.
> Can you help me to resolve this situation?
> Sorry for my bad english and thanks for all.
> Mauro

0
jmcbee9404 (625)

User Clss Security
I am new to Microsoft Dynamics, and performing an evaulation using Rel.9. I am attempting to set up user class security to assign to usrs when I add them. When I set up a class for purchaing for example, selecting Windows and a series of Purchasing to allow access to the purchaing screens and save this. Then create a user and assign the class to the user I am creating, the end result when I print a security report for this user, the user has far more authorizations than the windows I granted to the Purchaning class. Authorizations include advanced security, Financials and many others. W...

Fonts on Property Sheets ???
Greetings: I have used the "OnInitDialog" of a CPropertySheet derived sheet to expand the size of the sheet and also move the tabs, pages and buttons down to make room for some additional controls along the top of the sheet. This all went very well. Until I tried to add some edit boxes and static controls along the top of the property sheet. The static text boxes are being rendered with this font that is different from and is much larger that the "MS San Serif" pitch 8 font that most dialogs default to. I created a pointer to a CFont and obtained the LOGFONT structure th...

Advanced Security Error
When I am in the Advanced Security form, I will select a user class (or user) and then select the "by menu" option on right of the form, I get the following error; The stored procedure WDC_Security_CloneClassEntity returned the following results: DBMS: 0, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 50403. I have search the knowledgebase and googled it and I can't find anything about how to fix this error. This error code means that it was trying to clone from an entity that did not exist in the Accelerator tables. I suggest that you Reset the Accelerator from the Advanced Security Options w...

Outlook2K7/Vista & Security Certificates??
I'm using Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate. My AOL IMAP mail worked fine until a about a week ago. Now I get this error message: "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate cannot be verified. Do want to continue using this server" I click "Yes" and it downloads the new email, but I have to do this each time I open Outlook 2007. Anyone have any clues how to fix this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thx can you download the certificate and add it to your trusted certs? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outl...

check box back/fill property
Is it possible to set the fill property of a check box to no fill (i.e., transparent)? See: Format Check boxes on reports at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-52.html The article explains how to simulate a check box, so you can size, color, unbox, conditionally format it. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D997E59F-C327-4FDA-868F-8128DDB27344@microsoft...

Security
Now with Money 2005 it seems you are pretty much required to use an MSN Passport to take advantage of its features. This means all your financial information is somewhere on some Microsoft server. Not only some statements from a certain bank, but ALL of your info. Your checking and savings accounts, your investment and retirement accounts and all the necessary passwords to access these accounts at each particular bank. Together with individual notes you may have added to each transaction (and with the combined information of all of your accounts) anyone accessing your data gets a pr...

isDirty attribute 06-12-07
hello everyone, I'm working with crm 3.0 and got the following issue. I have some fields that are disabled for the user, but are showing data calculated from other fields. When I save the form I enable them, otherwise they would not be saved. That works fine when the user uses the Save & Close button. But when the user click on the Save button and he hasn't made any changes, the disabled fields become enabled. I've been trying to workaround this problem, but with no result. I tried to use the OnLoad event to disable the fields everytime, but when the Save button is c...

Proper Security Settings on Exchange Install Folder?
I am trying to nail down the security of our Exchange 2003 servers before we start a mass migration off 5.5. One issue I am dealing with is securing the Exchange install directory, in my case c:\program files\exchsrvr I have a Microsoft Press Book "Secure Messaging with MS Exchange Server 2003" that talks about doing this on page 144, but the details aren't as clear as I would like them. For example, they say to remove the everyone inheritance. I don't have that. (thats not my question - but right away I'm seeing the book completely different from what I have) Th...

security setup
is there anyway to change security level of cashier by time. for example from 9am to 1 pm they have different security level and from 1 to 5 they have different. Also is there anyway to disable "tender" button on POS for all cashiers. i want to dedicate one of my machines just to make work orders so knowbody can tender amount on it. thank you Shoby, Not that I'm aware of. If you can't press the F12 Tender button, you can't save the workorder. But you can disable the Amount column in the Tender screen. When in POS, click on the bottom blank button on the le...

Outlook 2000 security update
Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security update? which one/why ? N "Jeremy" <jeremylee1975@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:01dc01c3ce3e$3509e140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security > update? ...

Default Security Roles for Canadian Payroll
It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. Fliehigh You could probably "mimic" the same security roles for Canadian payroll, no? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Fliehigh" wrote: > It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when > you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. > > Fliehigh No because the tasks do not mimic or relate to the US P...

Outlook 2003 Security
Hi everyone, I am having a problem with outlook 2003 when i am trying to synchronise my nokia 8210i phone to my addresses and calendar. When i try and do this i get the box popup that says that i have to allow access, so i press 10 minutes and allow. The only problem is that i have too much stuff i think and it takes longer then 10 minutes to sync. Its also through a serial cable, so it doesnt help. But when the 10 mins is up, then it wont allow the sync to finish and so it drops the connection with the nokia without finishing what needs to be done. I have tried the little install of click ye...

Apply that security package
--yuockqlvko Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mkoqpquddlxw"; type="multipart/alternative" --mkoqpquddlxw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="erudxjyh" --erudxjyh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help main...

Deleting/renaming custom attributes
Hi, I just added an attribute using the schema manager... and transposed two letters. How can I either delete (and reenter) the attribute or rename it? Thanks, Lindsay. After you have created an attribute there is not a way to delete or rename it (the name text box is grayed out) - you can restore from a SQL back though and start over >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I just added an attribute using the schema manager... and transposed two >letters. How can I either delete (and reenter) the attribute or rename it? > >Thanks, > >Lindsay. > > >. &...

Secure Site Security Emblem
Windows XP(Home) SP3, OE6, IE8; Plenty of RAM & HHD space. Continuous checks for Virus/Malware 1.4Ghz, VIA Technologies, Inc. 8 kilobyte primary memory cache, 256 kilobyte secondary memory cache, P4X266-8233, Enclosure Type: Desktop V2 Premier, Windows XP (Home) SP3, 2 External USB 500/1TB Hard Drives (NTFS), 1.5 GB Ram, Upgraded PSU, Belarc Advisor, Multimedia - lists, MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device - Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller - Standard Game Port. Circuit Board: P4X266-8233, Bus Clock: 100 megahertz, BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.0...

Can't find a property name
Hi, Your help is greatly appreciated. The following code snippet displays the Object Data OK... but if I try to update the edited fields SeqNum or Title I get the following error message: Could not find a property named 'SeqNum' on the type specified by the DataObjectTypeName property in ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1'. How do I define the Binding objects property names ?? <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" Runat="server" DataSourceID="ObjectDataSource1" AutoGenerateColumns="False" Width="100%" DataKey...

Security Service Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3F55C.A5DEBC20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Ok, I have a problem... my CRM Security Service fails to start and this = is the error I get: Source: MSCRMSecurityService Event ID: 5920 Error: An error occurred while attempting to update the SCP (Active = Directory update). -2147016656 (0x80072030) Description: There is no = such object on the server. I used to work then i rebooted and now this... Any Ideas, everything = else seems to be running ...

Linked Cell Property In Activex controls
Can someone point me to an example showing how this property can be used, linking, as an example, an option button to a specific cell? Say if I wanted "1" to appear in cell B2 of the worksheet if the option button is clicked KG, The option button puts TRUE or FALSE into its Linked Cell. You can get 1 or 0 out of that by referring to it with double negation operators. = --A1 -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "KG" <KG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:924E6B40-6040-4016-B75B...

Security
I need to be able to prevent certain users from changing a single text box in our Customer Maintenance window. My understanding is that we shoudl be able to do this with Field Level Security. I am relatively new to Great Plains and would like some advice as to whether I am on the right track, and any recomendations on good references for this. ----- Thanks in Advance Chris Hornung Chris - yes, you could do that with Field Level Security. This would be a good option of you need to lock the field on a conditional basis--such as with a password. If you have Modifier, you can also just...

Unable to install security program/referenced memory issue
Bear with me, this is the first time I have had to post. I am having an issue installing McAfee antivirus on my mom's system. She is using Windows XP (with no original program info or discs) and I recently uninstalled Symantec due to an issue of letting a virus in. When I uninstalled, it asked if I wanted to permanently the program and it's files. I inadvertently clicked yes and voila, I messed up. I now can't get McAfee from Comcast to install due to multiple, different "referenced memory" errors. Will Chkdsk correct this? How can I correct this? An...

Workbook password security
I've been asked to oversee the implementation of a process where organisations would send us sensitive client data via password protected Excel workbooks (i.e. the workbook would have the password on it, not the sheets contained therein. This worries me because it was always my understanding that Excel was never intended to function as a secure data repository and should not be used that way. Having said that, my recent reading leads me to believe that it is the WORKSHEET passwords that are easily worked around, not the WORKBOOK passwords. From what I can gather, the only thing tha...

Security error
Hi there, I installed my web site onto a newly installed version of Win Server 2008 and am now getting a "System.Security.Policy.PolicyException" trying to access any page. The error is "Execution permission cannot be acquired" but more specifically, it's related to the "'AjaxControlToolkit" I installed into my ASP.NET "bin" folder. There are various messages that it can't be loaded, that it "failed to grant permission to execute", etc. I've tried all sorts of different things but of course (as usual) there's ...

Tools-macro-security
One of my clients cannot get the change security to low option to stick. Every time she opens the database, she gets assaulted by meaningless security messages because she cannot turn them off. Is this being controlled by the IT department with some registry setting? Pat: It COULD be a Group Policy that their SysAdmin has set. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator ____________________________________ If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. "Pat Hartman" wrote: > One of my clients cannot get the change security to low option to stick. > Eve...

Outlook security settings block third party apps to send email
Hi A customer has a third party app that sends emails thhru e local install of Outlook on a Win 2003 server. We recently updated the server with patches, both for OS but also for Outlook. i this case we applied Sp2 and got problems with the security settings that now promts to allow or not allow this third party app to connect to send emails. Is there a way to get around this "by design issue" or Is the only solution to reinstall? TIA -- Henrik Arenblad, MCP SBS, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q555375 http://www.google.com/ Sry, forgott to mention, Outlook Is version 2...

Grant read/write to a specific custom AD attribute?
In OpenLDAP, we've got a number of ACLs set up, of the form "If you're in this group, you can read/write" this attribute on every object". I'm assuming a Win2003-mode AD server can emulate this, but I'm not sure how to go about it, especially with the case of custom attributes. I've done a lot of searching, but most of the examples seem to be for the general case of allowing an existing group (ie: Authenticated Users) the ability to control entire objects, or existing stock attributes. How would I go about it, for example, if I had a custom attrib...