Second email address for recipient

running windows server 2003, with exchange 2003.
I've been tasked to create an email address, specifically
comments@mycompany.com to be used in conjunction with my web site. I want
messages sent to this email address to be delivered to one of my users, who
already has their own email address. I tried just creating a contact for
this but that didn't work out. Anyone have any suggestions? Do I need to
create another alias for this particular user?

0
nweldon (23)

There may be a better method then mine, but for us I just create a
distribution group with email address of comments@mycompany.com, and add the
intended person(s) as a member of the group.

"Nathan Weldon" wrote:

> running windows server 2003, with exchange 2003.
> I've been tasked to create an email address, specifically
> comments@mycompany.com to be used in conjunction with my web site. I want
> messages sent to this email address to be delivered to one of my users, who
> already has their own email address. I tried just creating a contact for
> this but that didn't work out. Anyone have any suggestions? Do I need to
> create another alias for this particular user?

0
rcook1 (2)
6/29/2005 3:57:18 PM
Go into the Active Directory Users and Computers, find the use and
right-click and select Properties.
Click the "E-mail Addresses tab and add a second SMTP address to their
account.
That's all there is to it.  :-)

Bob Schmidt

"Nathan Weldon" <nweldon@usaarchitects.com> wrote in message
> running windows server 2003, with exchange 2003.
> I've been tasked to create an email address, specifically
> comments@mycompany.com to be used in conjunction with my web site. I want
> messages sent to this email address to be delivered to one of my users,
> who already has their own email address. I tried just creating a contact
> for this but that didn't work out. Anyone have any suggestions? Do I need
> to create another alias for this particular user?

0
name1 (21)
6/29/2005 4:24:23 PM
i would just add that address to their mailbox...

"Nathan Weldon" <nweldon@usaarchitects.com> wrote in message
> running windows server 2003, with exchange 2003.
> I've been tasked to create an email address, specifically
> comments@mycompany.com to be used in conjunction with my web site. I want
> messages sent to this email address to be delivered to one of my users,
who
> already has their own email address. I tried just creating a contact for
> this but that didn't work out. Anyone have any suggestions? Do I need to
> create another alias for this particular user?

0
susan1334 (131)
6/29/2005 4:35:16 PM
Yep, that's the answer.

Alternatively, you may want to consider using a mail enabled public folder
to house the comments from the internet.  Having the address mapped to one
user may not be idea when you want to delegate others to manage comments sent
to that address.  Having the email going to a Public Folder will give you the
flexibility to allow more than one person view and respond to those emails.
(look at Sent As permissions to enable others to send using that email
address)

Regards,
Leonard Lee

"BSchmidt" wrote:

> Go into the Active Directory Users and Computers, find the use and
> right-click and select Properties.
> Click the "E-mail Addresses tab and add a second SMTP address to their
> account.
> That's all there is to it.  :-)
>
> Bob Schmidt
>
> "Nathan Weldon" <nweldon@usaarchitects.com> wrote in message
> > running windows server 2003, with exchange 2003.
> > I've been tasked to create an email address, specifically
> > comments@mycompany.com to be used in conjunction with my web site. I want
> > messages sent to this email address to be delivered to one of my users,
> > who already has their own email address. I tried just creating a contact
> > for this but that didn't work out. Anyone have any suggestions? Do I need
> > to create another alias for this particular user?

0
LeonardLee (18)

error message with emails
Whenever I send or reply to an email an error message appears says outlook cannot find MS09.dll. It then wants to send an error report to Microsoft. I have tried completely reinstaling Office 2003, repairing it, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help please? Brian ...

email me
email me ...

Initialize Second Dialog
Hello: I have a dialog application that I've created, and I can initialize a combo box on this dialog box before it is shown. I also have a menu in this dialog. A selection from this menu opens another dialog box... CMyOtherDialog otherDiag; otherDiag.DoModal(); However, when I try to initialize a combo box in the otherDiag through the constructor, it doesn't work. I can add a button in otherDiag and once the user clicks it, it will populate the combo box, but the constructor doesn't do it. Any ideas? Saul775 "Saul775" <Saul775@discussions.microsof...

import email from outlook expressv6.0
would be grateful for any pointers for importing emails from xp based, outlook express v6.0 into my vista based machine running win live mail 2008 and win mail ver6.0 6000.16386. have burned 4 files : ( archive (.pst), backup (.pst), extend.dat, outlook (.pst) ) from old system but both win mail and win live mail seem not to recognize the files when i try to read these files or import them. thks. "jchan" <jchan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5438430C-BA1E-4A3E-A8AA-93DBF3E6C08E@microsoft.com... > would be grateful for any pointers for importing emai...

how do i keep a project from being changed when emailing
please help i donot want my work changed when i email. how do i protect it? Use PDF. There are free converters around. www.primopdf.com has been mentioned here. If you have 2007 Publisher there is a "save as" PDF converter add-in from Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "kpratt" <kpratt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFBAF43A-AB03-4963-B71F-8B1D8EFEFDB4@microsoft.com... > please help i donot want my work changed whe...

transfering emails
I've purchased a new computer and loaded my same version of Microsoft Office onto it. My question is with Outlook...how do I move all the folders and emails I've created/saved and my inbox (etc) onto the new computer? I'm going to assume you're using either Outlook 2002 or 2003 since you didn't mention your version...that assumption allows me to point you to a particular article :-) Look at the following two articles for help with this -- one is a primer on Outlook files, and the other gives instructions for moving to a new Outlook 2002 or 2003 machine. http://www.sl...

Email router: Question about incoming emails
Hi, I'm using email router with Exchange to have emails in CRM 4. Both incoming and outgoing is working fine however when any user goes to Activities > Type: Email > View: All E-mails, they can see all emails received in Exchange for everyone regardless of how sent or received the email. Is this a normal behavior or do I need to configure Email Router in a specific way to only import emails for users who are activated for Email Router? Thanks, -- Ali B ...

Outlook Express Default Email Handler Problem
Hi - is this the correct group for Outlook Express (2002)? I have a problem. I changed OE to the default email handler and now when I click an email address on a webpage I get multiple (up to 70) instances of Internet Explorer opening to the limit of my memory. Any clues? -- All the best, Pete ------------------------------------------------ Home Page: http://users.bigpond.com/lansma Location: 42�53'S; 147�19'E No. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Expres...

change email address
My user names are first+last name and are too long. How do you change the email address to a shorter name. Open the user mailbox properties, go to the Email Addresses Tab and Highlight the SMTP address and edit the address. "Nathan" wrote: > My user names are first+last name and are too long. How > do you change the email address to a shorter name. > ...

how can i change my outlook email address
I have stupidly put the wrong user name (email address) in when setting up outlook on my computer i wished to put in my email address at work but did it wrongly how can i change it Tools-> E-mail Accounts -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "bgf99" <bgf99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCDB1424-8835-471C-AEB2-1BA03992A89F@microsoft.com... >I have stupidly put the wrong user name (email address) in when setting u...

second axis
How can I use bar graphs for three different products with two axes becuase of two different sets of info for each product and get the graphs to stop plotting on top of each other? Please help!! Jon Peltier has instructions for a column chart on two axes: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html carrie in pa wrote: > How can I use bar graphs for three different products with two axes becuase > of two different sets of info for each product and get the graphs to stop > plotting on top of each other? Please help!! -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips &...

Duplicate emails after changing POP3 server name
This might be a similar problem to the "Emails over and over," below. We run an Exchange 2000 server (W2K/SP4) in our office, and allow users in a remote office to get their email by POP3. To make a long story short - we had to change the name of the POP server in Outlook from a valid DNS name to a local network name. Now, one of the users (Outlook 2002) who leaves his email on the server is getting duplicate emails of everything that's already in his in-box. It was very handy - he left a copy of messages on the server so that he could use Outlook Web Access and have a backu...

convert number of seconds to date
I have an integer 1060128571 which is the number of seconds since 1/1/1970. The number evaluates to 6/08/2003 10:09:30 So my question is given the start date is always 1970 how do I calculate the end date e.g 6/08/2003 10:09:30. if I divide 1060128571/60/60/24 I can get the number of days etc. If anyone has an easy solutions,please send it on --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Gordon, 1/1/1970 12:00 AM equates to 25569. Divide the number of seconds by 86400 (number of seconds in a day). Subtract that from 25569 and format the cell as m/d/yyyy h:mm:ss AM/PM. Ba...

email size limit
Hi, I set the email attachment size limit > 5mb on 3 places, like globe..smtp connector and smtp virtual server on exchange 2003. for some reasons, I still cant receive anything > 5mb. any ideas...? please help! thanks -- al What the maximun mail size limit you set in Exchange Sysntem Manager? What is the mail you are testing to send large? You must to know if you send a mail with 4MB attachment file, in Exchange db the ame items can be more large until 30% 40% of original wtk ha scritto: > Hi, > > I set the email attachment size limit > 5mb on 3 places, like gl...

Sending eMail Without Queing To Outlook?
I've done a few apps that send eMails, but always using MAPI - which requires somebody to open up Outlook and click "Send". Now I'm about to start on a "tickler" app that keeps a highly-customized To-Do list and prints a report of upcoming tasks. Seems like a natural for email: a list of recipients, compose a task list, and send it - running the app on an application server where that part of it seldom, if ever, needs any human intervention. Is there any hope for this: writing VBA code to send an eMail directly to the company's eMail server? -- PeteCresswe...

blocking emails
I'd like to reject emails from a particular sender. Have added to Junk email list but all that does is "color" the messages when they come in. Same for Adult Content filter. Any ideas? What version of Outlook? Have you tried using Rules to delete the sender's messages? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Debra <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: ...

my cursor jumps around in my Office Outlook email program..why?
Can anyone help? My cursor is constantly jumping around the page while I am writing emails... (twice just while I was writing this...its making me crazy!) Using a laptop with a touchpad? codycuts wrote: > Can anyone help? My cursor is constantly jumping around the page while I am > writing emails... > (twice just while I was writing this...its making me crazy!) Does it jump in other programs? Do you have a microphone connected and turned on? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center...

How do I add a second y-axis in an xy(Scatter) chart?
I would like to create a xy-scatter chart for a dataset with two different x-axis. I have one set of data, but I need to plot it against two axis, "concentration" and "dilution factor". The dilution (and therefore the concentration) is not linear, so a line chart will display the data "distorted" or "skewed". I tried the tip from bj (9/9/2005 4:44 AM PST, to the question "Line chart or scatter chart??") > there can be two x axis in a scatter chart. > first select one of the data series and <axis> select secondary > next i...

converting Minutes & Seconds into seconds
When my time is 10 minutes and 50 seconds how can I convert the time into seconds? Depends upon how the 10 mins 50 secs is entered. I have 00:10:50 in A1 In B1 enter =A1*86400 I have 10:50:00 in A1 In B1 I enter =A1*1440 Format as General.........returns 650 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 10:46:01 -0800, Joe <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When my time is 10 minutes and 50 seconds how can I convert the time into >seconds? ...

Why don't I have a 'Send' button on my outlook express email page
I have downloaded Microsoft Office 2003. When I go into my Outlook Express email page I can write an email but I have no 'send' button showing on the page so that I can get the email sent off. Where is it....or how can I find it??? "rednil" <rednil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCFFAA00-0E21-4704-B603-DC033EA95A78@microsoft.com... > I have downloaded Microsoft Office 2003. When I go into my Outlook > Express > email page I can write an email but I have no 'send' button showing on the > page so that I can get the...

How can I display hundreths of seconds?
I'm trying to design a speadsheet to display lap times such as 1:26:329 (1 min, 26 secs etc) however I cannot sort the data in order from highest to lowest. I've been inputing the data as 1.26239. This s OK to sort frm Highest to Lowest but when you graph it there is a massiv gap beween 1.59960 (1.59.960) and 2.00765 (2.00.765) and there shouldn't be. I need Excel to recognize hundreths of seconds Please help D The way you're entering the data, you don't have seconds or fractions of seconds at all. You have minutes and (decimal) fractions of minutes. 1.59960, ...

retreieve old email
how can i retreive my old email and accounts after i logged onto a new domain and created a new account on my XP workstation? the old user account is still available under doc & settings, but i can find the right thing to import or copy over. tia, mcnewsxp mcnewsxp wrote: > how can i retreive my old email and accounts after i logged onto a new > domain and created a new account on my XP workstation? the old user account > is still available under doc & settings, but i can find the right thing to > import or copy over. > tia, > mcnewsxp File -> Open Br...

Backup your Outlook Email to Gmail
Using the new IMAP feature of Gmail, you can backup your Outlook PST file to Gmail quite easily. http://www.labnol.org/internet/email/export-outlook-email-to-gmail-pst-backup/1938/ Cheers. ...

Second window for second excel file
How to open second excel fine in seperate window Hi goto 'Tools - Options - View' and check 'Windows in taskbar' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Murthy wrote: > How to open second excel fine in seperate window ...

Workflow Emails Sent to Titles not Users
I need to set up emails from a workflow that send to groups based on their titles not user names or owner manager, etc. i.e. I want to send an opportunity won email to "sales manager", "vp of operations", etc. These titles can reside in Active directory or the CRM system user base table but how can I tell the email template/workflow to send to users based on titles only. The thought being that if a user quits and a new person assumes this title/position he/she will start getting these emails with no change to the workflow needed. This can be done in Salesforce.com a...