searching for users or other objects

In AD/Exchange

Is there a way to configure the find feature in Exchange to show you
WHERE the object is you're searching for?

For instance, I need to locate John Doe's account.  I right click on the
domain in Active Dir Users and Computers (using mmc) and select FIND.
The find feature works great, but it doesn't tell me WHERE the user is
like the normal Windows Search does.  We have many office locations and
the users are broken down accordingly. drilling down is sometimes time
consuming

Can it be done?  Or is that just the way it is?  Does Windows control
the find feature or does LDAP do it?

note, I'm new to Outlook so I might have my terminology messed up.
Please do not hesitate to ask for more specifics

Mike

Hi Mike,
Have you tried going to the View menu->Choose Columns...in the find feature
and adding city or whatever else you need?

newsgroup purposes only."

"swamptrash67" <swamptrash67@verizon.net> wrote in message
> In AD/Exchange
>
> Is there a way to configure the find feature in Exchange to show you WHERE
> the object is you're searching for?
>
> For instance, I need to locate John Doe's account.  I right click on the
> domain in Active Dir Users and Computers (using mmc) and select FIND. The
> find feature works great, but it doesn't tell me WHERE the user is like
> the normal Windows Search does.  We have many office locations and the
> users are broken down accordingly. drilling down is sometimes time
> consuming
>
> Can it be done?  Or is that just the way it is?  Does Windows control the
> find feature or does LDAP do it?
>
> note, I'm new to Outlook so I might have my terminology messed up. Please
> do not hesitate to ask for more specifics
>
> Mike

0
mencina (41)
8/31/2004 10:55:53 PM
Turn on the advanced view and then on the properties of the object you will
have an Object tab. On this tab you can see the path to the object in AD.

Glen

"swamptrash67" <swamptrash67@verizon.net> wrote in message
> In AD/Exchange
>
> Is there a way to configure the find feature in Exchange to show you
> WHERE the object is you're searching for?
>
> For instance, I need to locate John Doe's account.  I right click on the
> domain in Active Dir Users and Computers (using mmc) and select FIND.
> The find feature works great, but it doesn't tell me WHERE the user is
> like the normal Windows Search does.  We have many office locations and
> the users are broken down accordingly. drilling down is sometimes time
> consuming
>
> Can it be done?  Or is that just the way it is?  Does Windows control
> the find feature or does LDAP do it?
>
> note, I'm new to Outlook so I might have my terminology messed up.
> Please do not hesitate to ask for more specifics
>
> Mike

0
glen6925 (138)
8/31/2004 11:59:09 PM
Thank you very much.

Glen Trafford wrote:
> Turn on the advanced view and then on the properties of the object you will
> have an Object tab. On this tab you can see the path to the object in AD.
>
> Glen
>

> "swamptrash67" <swamptrash67@verizon.net> wrote in message
>
>>In AD/Exchange
>>
>>Is there a way to configure the find feature in Exchange to show you
>>WHERE the object is you're searching for?
>>
>>For instance, I need to locate John Doe's account.  I right click on the
>>domain in Active Dir Users and Computers (using mmc) and select FIND.
>>The find feature works great, but it doesn't tell me WHERE the user is
>>like the normal Windows Search does.  We have many office locations and
>>the users are broken down accordingly. drilling down is sometimes time
>>consuming
>>
>>Can it be done?  Or is that just the way it is?  Does Windows control
>>the find feature or does LDAP do it?
>>
>>note, I'm new to Outlook so I might have my terminology messed up.
>>Please do not hesitate to ask for more specifics
>>
>>Mike

Thanks for replying. I'll try both of these suggestions tomorrow at the
office

Mauricio Encina [MSFT] wrote:

> Hi Mike,
> Have you tried going to the View menu->Choose Columns...in the find feature
> and adding city or whatever else you need?

COM Callout Partially Instantiated Object
I have a registered com callout and when I perform a function such as an update, I see in the component services snap-in that the package is being instantiated. However, the callout class is not. There are no errors in the logs and have the same issue with a component compiled with 1.0 of the framework as well as 1.1. Has anyone run into this before? Thanks in advance. Shannon, The following TechKnowledge article explains fairly completely how to get a callout running. Please verify that you have done the steps indicated. http://www.greatplains.com/techknowledge/techknowledge.asp...

Pre-fill a User Name on Onload
I am working with CRM 4.0. I have created a custom entity called Projects and have created a relationship with the User system entity and have named it Editor. I would like to pre-fill the name of a person in the Editor. I am new to java script. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Hi Andy, Following URL is from CRM SDK. It will guide you how to write JScript code for lookup field; http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb928151.aspx -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP Microsoft CRM Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.suppor...

Pass argument for a command waiting for user input
Hi All, I am using perforce, in one scenario after execution of the command it keeps waiting for the user input on the command prompt. Once i give it displays some data and exits. I need to pass the argument after execution of the command in my automation script. Please let me know how that can be done. Also i need to capture the data. Thanks in advance. Harsha Check this http://openadda.com ...

Searching for Newsgroups

Search & replace in formulae

Search engine optimization

Exchange User Properties on Exchange 5.5
For about 10 minutes none of my client machines could access the properties for the exchange server (i.e. to change the server or client settings for authentication). I do see any errors in the event log. Are there any processes that run that can cause such a problem. At about the same time I did see the database was defragging. Thanks EMcGrath@HCA_NOSPAM_Vendor.com <EMcGrathHCANOSPAMVendorcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >For about 10 minutes none of my client machines could access the properties >for the exchange server (i.e. to change the server or client settin...

No server object
Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 This is a strange one. This Exchange server has been running fine for almost a year now. All of the sudden, in the Exchange System Manager, there is no Server object, and no Public Folders. Also, when a new user is created, there is no prompt to create a Mailbox. All existing users are OK, and email seems to be working fine. There are no relevant errors in the event log Any suggestions?? sounds like it might be a DNS issue...are you running the ESM on the Exchange server itself? "Jorge Azcuy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Any Liquor store RMS Users
Are there any Liquor store using RMS ? Is anyone willing to share some of their best practices, some ways they do things. Is there anything as "best practices' booklet for Liquor store using RMS, Few questions i have How is your inventory kept? Is everything by case based on supplier item numbers and than having a parent/child relationship to single item (bottle, 6 pack , etc) Or is it better to keep inventory by bottle with fast moving items having parent/child relationship How do you cover the need for extra fields needed Size Price per ounce Type, Proof Verital(types ...

How can I permanently change the object (scale)settings?
I'm trying to copy and paste an object from Photshop into Publisher, but when I paste it in publisher it's always 3% of the original size. How can I permanently change this size? Have you tried saving the PS file as a gif or jpg and inserting that? JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "Marike" wrote: > I'm trying to copy and paste an object from Photshop into Publisher, but when > I paste it in publisher it's always 3% of the original size. How can I > permanently change this size? ...

excel VBA

Multiple fields using to search
Hi, Something i've been batteling for weeks with and theres probably such a simple answer to it and i just cant see it: Riiiight, i have this form (lets call it frmClientSearch) On this form i have a 2 list box thinghys; One called lstEmployee which is populated with Employee names and the other lstCity which is populated with City Names. Then i have a command button (cmdSearch) which, once click and values selected in both the lst boxes, should return only the values that are equal to both the lst boxes in a new form called frmSearchResult. (Hope i make sense) So... I know how ...

CRM 1.2 How to get queue to e-mail CRMEnabled users
We are running Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition and a Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition MS Exchange server. Can not get the CRM Queue to e-mail other users. E-mails come fine to support queue, but not to us. What do we have to do to configure the mail server properly, the CRM Router is in place on mail server, but there is something else missing. Any help would be great full thanks!!! alfuller@mobilewires.com ...

Search, Search, Thanks
In the last couple of weeks I have been fighting with different ways o synching my laptop and my home pc. I have ended up with numerou duplicate entries, duplicate address books and duplicate contact lists ALL of my questions/problems I was able to resolve simply by searchin through the forums. Chances are if you have a problem you're not th first. There are some really good people on these forums that know alo more about Outlook than I do. Just my .02 Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages dir...

Microsoft Store Operations POS: Attempt to process COM object 'ObjectName' failed. An unknown error ocurred.
I have a program that gets executed in POS. Occasionally POS closes that program in the midle of execution; after trying to restart it the error message shows "Attempt to process COM object 'ObjectName' failed. An unknown error occurred." I am invoking this program from Custom POS Button. Here is entry code. The exception below is never executed. namespace FrameWiz { [ComVisible(true)] public class Startup { public bool Process(object argSession) { FrameWizShell frameWizShell = null; Session mySession = null; try { //mine ...

Deserializing xml into an object using xsl:copy-of
Sample input XML... <Publication> <FilingMetadata> <Id>38EA51240E6643208DB1B6D52F779A82</Id> <Cycle>BC</Cycle> </FilingMetadata> <PublicationComponent Role="Main" MediaType="Text"> <TextContentItem> <Language>en-us</Language> <DataContent> <nitf> <body.content> <block> <p>The dollar dropped versus the yen again Thursday, extending th...

Adding users to Business Portal
Hi, Does anyone know what security rights are required for a user to add business portal user accounts? The user I'm using is a business portal administrator. The error message states I don't have rights to the domain group. In other words, it doesn't let me browse users in a domain group to select to add. Hi Jeff -- The BP Administrator role is the correct role... are you a member of the admin group on the server as well? -- Eric Parsons Business Portal Product Planner Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and con...

Opinions on multi-user environment
I am creating my first multi-user app at work. We have multiple versions of Access within the company from A2000 to A2007. There is really only one department/location that will be adding or manipulating data. All the other departments within the company will only need to view the data when they choose. There are currently about twelve departments, and a couple of them reside outside the company intranet so they will need web access. More departments or groups may be added later. All the data they need to view comes from the same table, but I want each dept. to be able to see only the data for...

Three user licence only allows two users
We've purchased a 3-user license for MS Office and installed it on our three OSX 10.3.8 Macs. One of the Macs works fine. The other two have a problem whereby if one is using MS Office, the other cannot open any MS Office Apps. A warning comes up saying "MS Word [etc.] cannot start because it is in use. It is in use by [other user]. We tried reinstalling the software several times on each computer, but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else encountered a problem like this? You need to make sure you used different licenses (aka Product Keys or CD Keys) on each installation. Try ch...

Display search results
Using OneNote 2010 Beta: file tabs are on the left; how can I make search result tabs appear on the right? Now they don't appear at all: the first search result is displayed in the middle of the screen (that's fine) but no way to move to the next search result, nor any way to scrool them all the search results. I'd like to see all the search result tabs listed on the right so I can choose the one I want (as was the case with the version of OneNote that got replaced by 2010 beta). Many thanks for any help. -- CH I can't really visualize what you want, but h...

Including imap folders in outlook 2003 search folders
Dear all, Is it possible to include imap accounts/folders as providers for "virtual" search folders in outlook 2003? At the moment, I only see the option to check folders in my personal folders but not to include imap folders. The reason that I ask is that I would like to be able to get a complete view of follow up tasks across all my accounts (1 pop3, 2 imap and 1 hotmail). Only the pop3 account gets delivered into the personal folders and is included in the follow up a nd unread search folders. Thanks for your help in advanced. Raj ...