Script for Query-Based DL's

Pardon me if posted in the wrong place.

We are scripting a large amount of OU structures and administration groups
with delegation through dsacls.  This is something that is repeated many
times.  One item that is asked to create is a query-based DL.  Since it would
need to be ran so many times and for consistency I am trying to find if we
can have the script create the Q-B DL's.  I have found scripts for dsacls and
the Q-B DL's but I'm having a hard time finding how to script the creation of
the DL's.  Does anyone know how this would be done?

Thank you,
Michael

Reject script in pass through san script not working
I have a scenario that i had to check for dependencies of divisions(Human Resources) before their deletion and decide whether to let deletion proceed or not, i had done this for many entities like department(Dynamics) in my development dictionary, i registered a focus trigger before delete button of department form and checked dependencies for it on triggered script and allow or prevent deletion successfully. Now for division that is in the human resources dictionary i registered a cross-dictionary focus trigger to run before delete buttons change event as result = Trigger_RegisterFocus...

Update query not updating
I have a strange problem with a source code generator I have created, everything works fine for all SQL Server queries, and all the Access queries (Insert, FetchAll, Find and Delete queries) work correctly. The update query does not work on any table, but the code works, the queries are created correctly, and the query is exuted without any errors, but the update does not occur. I have an update query, create with C# and DAO, using the CreateQueryDef method, the query has the following text: Update [ReferencesSets] Set [ProjectID] = @ProjectID, [ReferencesSetName] = @ReferencesSetName...

How do I count based on two conditions?
Hi there. I have a long lists of data to sort though and I am trying to write a formula that counts that number of entries for a company with a certain condition entered in another column. For instance Company name Condition Big Corp operatonal Small corp operational Big Corp non-operational How do I count where Big Corp is operational and where it is non-operational? Thanks, Mark Try this, Mark: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/count_using_multiple_criteria_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "...

editing a query
I have two tables - tblPeople and tblBooking. Referential Integrity is set from tblPeople to tblBooking on the Client_ID field, which is an AutoNumber data type. I created a query with these tables. When try to add new data, I am only able to enter data in the fields of the tblPeople table. To enter in the tblBooking table fields, I first need to type something in any of the existing rows of that field and then type in the new record. Does anyone have any ideas of what I need to do to be able to enter new data? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.a...

Sort Column Script
I need to have a script in Excel that would allow the sorting of columns from column "D" to the column before the last column with data. I do not want the last column sorted. The criteria for the sort is in row 1 (Name of an employee). Additional columns will be inserted between column "D" and the last column so they need to be sorted. I hope this is clear. Can someone please assist me? Thank you! Bernie Bernie How can someone named Bernie NOT know how to do this? ;-) Sub BernieSort() Range(Range(Range("D1"), Range("D1").End(xlDown)), _ ...

Query Groups
Is there a way for users to find out who are in the query groups? User can send a message to query group with delivery receipt. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "HenryG" <HenryG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1098E4B9-7310-45A7-9FEA-9AA1C2B7DA24@microsoft.com... > Is there a way for users to find out who are in the query groups? Unfortunately there is no way to see group membership for QBDL, because when e-mail is sent to it, exchange is going to go to GC (global catal...

Outlook Attachment Query
Does anyone know if it's possible to strip attachments from items in the 'Inbox' [or 'Sent Items', for that matter] - so that I can keep the messages, without the bulk of attachments? Any help much appreciated! Yes, this is possible but requires a third party tool. Check out the link below from Slipstick for some options. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm Regards, -- Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group -- Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group <someone@somedomain.com> wrote in message news:cto5fm$9i2...

Deactivate field based on other field value
What I need to do is have some of the fields on the form deactivated (grayed out) untill the value in the preceding field is a certain value or text. I can't use conditional formating because I would need to use the values in the object fields to be the conditions. In this case I need a the value of a different field to be the condition. What is the best way to do this. Thanks in advance. YOu could place code in the before or after update to enable and disable the controls. I would have one function that updates all the forms controls and have each of the other controls call the o...

Gettting an SQL snippet from a query
Given: select cde from mytable; A1% BV7% CV5% What SQL will give me the following as a result (SQL snippet): where cde like 'A1%' or cde like 'BV7%' or cde like 'CV5%' Thanks. AA2e72E (AA2e72E@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Given: > > select cde from mytable; > > A1% > BV7% > CV5% > > What SQL will give me the following as a result (SQL snippet): > > where cde like 'A1%' or cde like 'BV7%' or cde like 'CV5%' It is far from clear what you are asking for, but if I make a b...

Web Queries #4
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C5B92B.FC805BD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I use Excel web query in spread sheet to go to yahoo site for stock = prices. Recently this has stopped working with an error message saying = data is not available. Does anyone know if something has changed? How = can the problem be corrected? ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C5B92B.FC805BD0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE...

Looking up a previous record based on criteria
Hi everyone, I have a textbox in my form that needs to display the value of another textbox on the form, but from the previous record, given two criteria: 1. that the value of "ModNumber" (on the current record) is > 1 and 2. that the value of "TaskName" on the current record matches the "TaskName" of the previous record More Details: My database contains task orders, and each task order can have many Mods. This question was about the ModForm, which updates the ModTable. TaskName is a foreign key from the TaskTable (no two TaskNames wil...

Query to extract
I am trying to find a solution to the following. I have a Table with thousands of records that look like the following: "CN=ExchangeService I want my QUERY to extract everything to the RIGHT of the "=" sign In the example above.....I want to endup with ExchangeService Can anyone help me solve this?? Thanks Warren Phillips On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:42:00 -0800, WDP wrote: > I am trying to find a solution to the following. I have a Table with > thousands of records that look like the following: > > "CN=ExchangeService > > I want my QUERY to extra...

Script error found during opening Dynamics
I just upgrade to the latest Canada Payroll tax update, when one of the user who sign on to Dynamics after upgrade, she got the "Internet Explorer Script Error" window pop up and saying "An error has occurred in the script on this page" Line: 335 Char: 6 Error: The data is invalid Code: 0 URL: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/UserA/Local%20Settings/Temp/tmpAD1.tmp I tried to clear all the temp file in this folder but still no luck to get rid of this message during loading Dynamics. I asked the user to click on "Yes" button to continue "D...

VBA script help..Please !!!!
I have been given the script below by Ron De Bruin - and I can't thank him enough, however I'm still scratching my head as it doesn't EXACTLY what I want. I want ALL the built in command bars/toolbars etc that are shown in a normal excel sheet to be hidden when I open my 'Log' - EXCEPT my own personal toolbar named 'LOG' and the 'Worksheet Menu Bar'. 2 problems arise from the script below :- 1) The Worksheet Menu Bar is displayed, but my 'LOG' toolbar is not. 2) If I open another seperate excel sheet, all the same commands have been copied to...

Help with RBS Based Permissions
Hi everybody, I have what I hope is an easy question. I have been trying to configure the Category and Group permissions to allow managers to view their resource's tasks in the Resource Center based on their RBS group. I know this is accomplished through the Category and Group settings but I can't seem to find the right combination. I know it is difficult to diagnose in this format but I hope there are some key items that need to setup to accomplish this. Any help is tremendously appreciated! -Bryan Hi Bryan, In the Project Manager group, you will need to includ...

Access Query Question
I'm pretty new to Access, but old to SQL, so I can follow what's going on. My quesion: Is there a way to sum a field in Access using a condition on a field that I don't want in my output. In SQL it's: Select sum(dollars) as Dollars From Table1 Where Region = '001' Here, Region 001 dollars are summed, but the region isn't displayed. Please post in the Access Forum - not Excel >-----Original Message----- >I'm pretty new to Access, but old to SQL, so I can follow >what's going on. My quesion: Is there a way to sum a >field in Acce...

Data Validation drop down list query
Hi I have a data validation drop down referencing a list of approx 300 names- I have to choose about 20 names in 20 rows on a spreadsheet- is there a way of typing in the first letter and the scrol bar goes down to that point like a combo box?-- Thanks for your help Not with DV list alone. You have to ustilize a ComboBox in conjunction with the DV dropdown. See Debra Dalgleish's site for how-to. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal10.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 12:17:02 -0800, David <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >H...

Order Name J Script
Hi I want to automatically populate the order name to customer name + date. This is the script I have but it shows the dayand time etc. I want to format the date such that it is dd-mm-yy format. How do i go about this please? var lookupItem = new Array; lookupItem = crmForm.all.customerid.DataValue; var d = new Date(); if (lookupItem[0] != null) { crmForm.all.name.DataValue = lookupItem[0].name +" : " + d; } You might want to take a look at the snippets below to munipulate datetimes. http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/932 Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.cro...

Need a query that does this...
Consider the following table: ID dateField intFieldA intFieldB stringFieldA stringFieldB I want a query that will give me the row with MAX(dateField) grouped by ID. If I say: SELECT Max(dateField), ID FROM table GROUP BY ID; Then that will give me each ID in the table and its maximum dateField. I want the entire ROW that contains this maximum dateField, and I want it for each ID. How do I write this query? Do it in 2 seperate queries ( or in a union ). Part 1 finds the max date and ID, part 2 links the date/ID back to the table and pulls the row that...

Script running other scripts return values
hello I've got series of VB scripts that I run manually buy clicking on them, Can't I have one script that runs all of them? I would want to check a returned variable to is one script has a failure, the later one won't get executed. Can't I just use the .Run method? How do I return a value from one script, and read it in the other script? Thanks "Bill" <someplace@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:e72gZtg7KHA.5644@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > hello > > I've got series of VB scripts that I run manually buy clicking on...

Append Query help 02-18-08
Can Some Help me out with my Append Query or help me with a better way to do what im achieving. table one is Clients and table two is Suppliers. to each table i have related table client contacts and SupplierContacts which allows me to have , multiply contacts for each company. any way on the associated tables i have a tick field called Buzzsaw members and what i want to achieve is to have a table that shows combined client Buzzsaw members and all the supplier Buzzsaw members So What i did was created two Append Query's that append to a new table tbl_Buzzsawmembers and on the criteri...

vba Search Script for outlook?
I'm looking for some way to script a search for approximately 35 keywords within a PST file... I would like for the script to create a subfolder for each key word, then place a COPY of any message found withing the PST into the associated subfolder.. Anyone ever do anything like this before?? Troy ...

Business Portal Script Error
I've got Business Portal v1.2 and I have a user trying to add a new page. When he runs the wizard to create the new page, he gets a script error. The error is: A DLL initialization routine failed. http://server/BusinessPortal/UI/ClientCommon/Scripts/mbftreeview.htc He can't finish the wizard. Do I need to re-install something on the server? Thanks, John Does the user have the correct permissions? Click on Site settings and see if the user has te correct permissions. Might be worth adding the page as a user who is a administrator in BP. James "AnytimeAnywhere" <...

ANy script for this?
Hi all, I need to run the script on our file servers to get Last Acesses Date more than 180 days. It should search the sub-folders too. Windows 2003 server. Thank you. "ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> said this in news item news:4FF557C4-643F-4EB1-9738-AF22E0F1693E@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > I need to run the script on our file servers to get Last Acesses Date more > than 180 > days. It should search the sub-folders too. > Windows 2003 server. > > Thank you. Use the code you received in the Server group, leaving &...

Leading Zeros SQL query
I need to add leading zeros to every item in our RMS database that uses UPCs. Is there an SQL query that could accomplish this? Thanks, Wesley Sanders Hi wesley , I tried this query and it update my itemlookupcode with leading zero where the barcode format is 9(UPCA) but please backup your data before running this query. and before running this ..try to ask for second opinion...I might miss some files that needed to be updated... SQL--> update item set itemlookupcode='0'+ rtrim(ltrim(itemlookupcode)) from item where barcodeformat=9 9=UPCA I hope it helps :) "wessan...