SBS2K Exchange 2000 Inbox Question

To All,

This past week, all of a sudden, I am getting multiple 10+ employees saying
that they are no longer getting emails into their Inbox Realtime... when I
asked, what exactly do you mean... they showed me...

If they click off their inbox, let's say onto their SavedEmail Folder, and
then back to their inbox, anywhere between 1 and 5 emails suddenly appear.
It's strange... it's not like their hitting SendOrReceive....their just
switching mail folders within outlook.

I put this in the Exchange Administration Discussion because it's my belief
that since it is suddently happening across multiple computers all at once,
it can't be outlook... it's somehow has to be exchange.... any ideas??

--
----------
Chris

exchange 2003 and exchange 5.5
can 2003 and 5.5 running in the same network, different domains, seperate orgs, can users view each others address list? You might try this link for help, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;238573 -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Mostro" <oveloz@glas**flossnospam.com> wrote in message news:10f59d91kildved@corp.supernews.com... > can 2003 and 5.5 running in the same network, different domains, seperate > orgs, can users view each others address list? > > ...

Exchange server resending message
I have a SBS2003 server that uses a pop connector to pull over messages from an ISP. The server has been resending an incoming message that has over a thousand recipients! One of my users got an email from a Professional organization he is a member of. Every time he gets a copy of the message, the server starts sending out a flurry of these messages. I spoke to the organization and they informed me that there have been thousands of returned mail. I have checked the server for viruses but have found none. I have up to date versions Symantec Antivirus Server and Exchange Antivirus by Syma...

currentdb.execute options question
Homer Simpson R Me... I am trying to use CURRENTDB.EXECUTE strSQL, dbSeeChanges, dbFailOnError No matter how I put it in the system, I get errors. How does one use two options with CurrentDB.Execute? TIA Vanya The Execute method is only used for Action queries, so dbSeeChanges would not be appropriate. Also, the Execute method bypassed the Access User Interface, so it would not apply anyway. If what you are doing is adding a record that should be in the form's recordset, then you need to requery the form so the new record will be included. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Acces...

SBS2k Login Question
Hi, The partner prep webinars show prompting for domain login each time the CRM web interface is accessed. In the default SBS install the current users credentials are used without prompting. How do force prompting for user / domain login? (for testing with the sample database) Kerry the only time you would be prompted would be if you were not part of the domain where crm is running why do you want to be prompted for a login? "ms" <anon@msmail.com> wrote in message news:%23P411IolDHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > The partner prep webinars show prompt...

Re Install Exchange 2003
Hi, I think I have problem 2 in the following MS KB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;296095 I deleted the following files on my exchange 2003 server to solve another problem. C:\WINDOWS\system32 \wbem\Repository. I then restarted the server and the repository was recreated. However I know get the following error every 5 minutes in the application log Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Monitoring Event ID: 9098 Description: The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from the DS, error '0x80041010' Going b...

Exchange 2000 Database to Exchange 2003
We have a Exchange 2000 environment that we are migrating. We are creating a whole new domain (new domain name, new domain controllers) Windows 2003 OS, with Exchange 2003. Would it be possible to move the exchange 2000 database to the 2003 environment? Exchange 2000 isn't supported running on Windows Server 2003, howerver Exchange 2000 can exist in a 2003 AD Domain. Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >We have a Exchange 2000 environment that we are migrating. We are >creating a whole new domain (new domain name, new domain controlle...

UNIX and Exchange in the same domain
I have an existing SGI UNIX mail server handling mail for our company. I added a SBS Exchange 2003 server for some of my clients to have Outlook Web Access and other features. The UNIX server handles the incoming mail for all the mail recipients. I put a cost on the incoming Exchange SMTP server so it doesn’t receive mail for the outside. The users have Outlook 2003 running with and Exchange server installed and the UNIX mail server installed. When the Outlook 2003 sends mail thru the Exchange server (which it switches to by default ever time you launch Outlook 2003) to a user that is i...

Fonts Problem on Exchange 5.5 OWA
Dear , I have install one Exhange 5.5 on NT 4.0 for OWA Server I find WHen I logo in it .. All Trad. CHinese Fonts can't read , I need to change the Encoding to GB to See .... Anyone know Why, and how to fix it Regards, Sean ...

MSCRM w/ SBS2k
Hi, If I have an existing domain, can I add SBS2k to the domain as one of the domain's DC's? Or do I have to create a new domain for SBS2k and trust it to my existing? We would like to install MSCRM in our existing business network using SBS. Thanks, Do SBS will not allow you to create a trust with another Domain. "Do" <doduong12141214@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23rx8xwpvDHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... Hi, If I have an existing domain, can I add SBS2k to the domain as one of the domain's DC's? Or do I have to create a new domain for SBS2k...

Exchange 5.5 Public Folders
We are running Exchange 5.5 with SP4 on W2K Server and utilizing the Public Folders for everyone to access certain documents. I have about 10 folders under All Public Folders with special permissions. Folders can only be modified by the users who have proper permissions, which work great, but here is my problem. Any user is able to create a new Folder under All Public Folders from their Outlook client and I would like to block this access. I have tried to modify the permissions under Exchange server Admin as well as from within Outlook as an Admin but not able to do so. Any help wou...

MS Exchange 2003
If accidently deleted an user's account with mailbox. After re-create the user account, how to recover the user mailbox? Em Yeu wrote: > If accidently deleted an user's account with mailbox. > After re-create the user account, how to recover the user mailbox? Open the System Manager then drill down to the respective Mailbox Store > Mailboxes. Right-click the Mailboxes container and select Run Cleanup Agent, then find the mailbox in the right pane (indicated by a red X) right-click it and select Reconnect. -- Henrik Walther Exchange MVP Exchange-faq.dk MSExchange.org ...

Windows 2000 address book
How can I convert a Windows 2000 pab file to use it in the NTFS environment? No need to repost within minutes. This is not a chatgroup. See your original post. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "BeetleB" <BeetleB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:235EC58E-50ED-46ED-89E7-B9DF7311DADE@microsoft.com... > How can I convert a Windows 2000 pab file to use it in the NTFS > environment? > > ...

Crystal License Error on SBS2K Install
I have installed MSCRM on a Small Business Server 2000 box and I have gotten just about everything working except for the reports. When I try to access the reports I get the error about not enough crystal licenses. I saw the section in the implementation guide about this error but it doesn't seem to apply since the SBS2K box is an AD DC. Looking at the event logs it looks like the primary issue is logging in the IWAM_<server_name> account. Where does Crystal store this password? Incidentally the CrystalAdmin application crashes and will not allow the password to be changed. Wh...

Need some help in exchange 2000
Whenever I go into the Exchange 2000 system manager to check the queues status for the SMTP Virtual Server, it shows me what's going on. Now everytime I try to check the current sessions, it just remains blank, as if nothing is happening. Is this a working feature in exchange 2000 server or am I doing something wrong? ...

Exchange instructors
Hi everyone, One of our top Microsoft instructors is leaving so we need a replacement that really knows his stuff. I'm looking for exchange 2003 instructors. Please email me directly if you are a pro at Exchange 2003. Frank X. Gartland Director of Live KnowledgeNet frank.gartland@knowledgenet.com ...

Item Level Recovery for Exchange
Hi, We are testing DPM 2010RC. We tested it for SharePoint 2010Beta and Item Level Recovery works Perfact. Does same thing is available for any version of Exchange Server. I mean Can we Restore Individual Mailbox and Email from Backup taken by DPM 2010..? -Tejas Hi Tejas, DPM 2010 does not support Restore individual mailbox or Email. DPM supports restore at Storage group level or database level. However DPM recovery UI, enumerates mailboxes under a DB (useful in finding the DB containing a mailbox) but the recovery is at DB level only. -- Thanks, Nagesh Thi...

microsoft exchange #2
I access my office e-mail by using Outlook through Microsoft Exchange. Depending on the computer that I am using to access Outlook through Exchange there are times that I cannot reply to an e-mail. I can read e-mails and send new messages but I cannot reply or forward e-mails. I never had this problem on my home computer until yesterday when I downloaded the recent Windows update. I always assumed the problem was the fire wall on the computer I was using but now I have the problem on my home computer. Anyone know what is causing this problem? Jim Is the Windows Firewall on? Go t...

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000 upgrade and x.400 connector
I'm about to run an in-place upgrade of Exchange 5.5 Enterprise Server to Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server, and would like to clean up/streamline the Exchange 5.5 configuration/stores before starting the in-place upgrade. I have already uninstalled the CCMAIL and MSMAIL connectors on my production 5.5 server, and have the option of also un-installing the X.400 connector. Are there any implications of doing this? Does Exchange 2000 Server require the X.400 connector for routing? I'm running single site, single server. Thanks in advance for your help. -Hung Tran You can go ahead &am...

mail merge issue
when using mail merge, i can select recipients and choose the folder. when the list within the folder comes up, there is NO column for the "EMAIL". when i go to "Finish & Merge" and it asks me to select "TO", there is not an option for "Email", I have used this 25 time for other folders. NOTE: i am only having this issue with the "Contacts" folder and NOT the other contact folders i have set up. FYI, believe i was attempting to edit the view in the past an may have made some changes. Please help me to fix this problem. ...

Converting a Exchange 2000 IS to Exchange 2003
I was tryingto convert Exchange 2000 Public IS to an Exchange 2003 Publix IS. How can I convert it and once converted how can I restore it to an Exchange 2003 Public IS? Eric Eric wrote: > I was tryingto convert Exchange 2000 Public IS to an > Exchange 2003 Publix IS. How can I convert it and once > converted how can I restore it to an Exchange 2003 Public > IS? > > Eric If you restore it to an Exchange 2003 server then the database will be upgraded to an Exchange 2003 version of the database. Or do an in-place upgrade of the Exchange 2000 server. ...

Exchange 2003 in Exchange 2000 network
Hi everyone, we are currently running a network which consists of Win2k advanced servers and Exchange 2000 enterprise servers. I am looking at adding another 2-3 exchange boxes on this configuration and need to check how happy Exch2k3 will be happy sitting on a Win2k server and talking to a Win2k version of AD. Please let me have any horror stories if you have tried this already or if there shouldnt be a problem with this. TIA, Koumin ...

Exchange scripting agent: EXCHANGE 2003
Does this exist in Exchange 2k3? How is it enabled? The following article only details this feature - but only in Exchange 5.5: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q1801/1/21.asp Thanks in advance! Hi, yes, this also still exists in Exchange 2003 and the service is started by default. Now, you can also use another new system called "Event sinks" which give more possibilities. Bye. -- Thierry DEMAN-BARCEL� MVP Exchange,SQL/Server FAQ Exchange: http://faqexchange.dyndns.org Site personnel: http://webfamilial.dyndns.org/thierry/pageprincipale.htm "Elliot Lop...

Question on firewall and Exchange 2000
What ports need to be opened? CONFIGURATION: Exchange Server ---> Firewall1 Active Directory Server They are on seperate networks... what ports need to be opened on the firewall to allow the active directory server to get in? Do I need to open any? Right now I have ports 25 80 and 110 open for mail, but do I need to open more then that for exchange to function correctly? Does exchange contact active directory servers? Or do the servers contact exchange? ...

why does exchange go outbound for unknown internal mail?
Hi, My exchange server is working fine, except for when mail is sent to invalid addresses internally. If it can find the address, it sends it to the right mailbox, but if it can't find the address, it pushes it back out through my firewall to my firewall, which then sends it back to the exchange server! In the event log i see a bunch of errors saying: A non-delivery report with a status code of 4.4.6 was generated for recipient 'blah@blah.com' Cause: The maximum hop count was exceeded for this message. This non-delivery report can also be caused if a looping condition exists bet...

Office 2000 and Windows XP
If I upgrade to Windows XP Home Edition, is my Microsoft Office 2000 application compatible with this operating system? Yes. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Richard Perry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06d601c4aacf$18f1aba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... | If I upgrade to Windows XP Home Edition, is my Microsoft | Office 2000 application compatible with this operating | system? OK but When I attempt to load Office I get an Error msg:" Windows files must be installed to proceed. Insert your Windows XP Professional(I have Home) CD now." I am insta...