SBS2003 with Exchange

Hi all,

I have a little problem.
I had a HD crash wich destroyed some sectors on the HD, So i needed to
reïnstall SBS2003. With our backup situation I lost only 1 day of mail but
wich is very important. Is there any way of recovering some mail from the
recovered folders from the crashed HD.

0
DBot (1)

You will be able to recover mail from the last backup tape.  Any mail sent
your your domian after the crash is most likely being queued on ther SMTP
Servers.  Typically they are set to retry for 1-2 days.  So the sooner you
get your SBS 2003 restored the better.  Otherwise the senders will recieve
an NDR back.  Here is link to help you restore your SBS 2003 Server which in
turn also restores your Exchange Data.  Done it about a dozen times with no
problems.

http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/support/articles/backup_restore_sbs2003.mspx

--
John Oliver, Jr.
MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP
"DBot" <DBot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have a little problem.
> I had a HD crash wich destroyed some sectors on the HD, So i needed to
> re�nstall SBS2003. With our backup situation I lost only 1 day of mail but
> wich is very important. Is there any way of recovering some mail from the
> recovered folders from the crashed HD.

0
jcoliverjr (1013)

Exchange SMTP forwarding
Hi, I would like to know how to configure an exchange server to forward all non local mail to another SMTP server using authentication. Thanks, David =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgR3JlZW5l?= <DavidGreene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:DE97CE9E-2B5D-44BA-A368-CFEC11170D39@microsoft.com: > Hi, I would like to know how to configure an exchange server to > forward all non local mail to another SMTP server using > authentication. Which version of Exchange are you using? I'm sure we can point you to a tutorial ;) Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.excha...

OE attachments on exchange open slow.
Hi I am using exchange 5.5 SP4 on Winnt 4 SP6a. When my users open any attachments using exchange it opens slow and day by day it is getting slower. I don't have the DNS server and i am using ISP provided DNS. I have tried the host file and it works slowly too. There is no virus and spyware on my exchange. Please help. Thanks Faz wrote: > Hi > > I am using exchange 5.5 SP4 on Winnt 4 SP6a. When my users open any > attachments using exchange it opens slow and day by day it is getting > slower. I don't have the DNS server and i am using ISP provided DNS. > I ...

Exchange Activation
I have installed a copy of Small Business Server Premium 2008 and believe I need to activate Exchange? For some reason I do not have the activate option from the Actions tab when I click on the server in the Exchange Management Console. Am I missing something? Thanks Sarah On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 11:14:51 -0000, "Sarah Kingswell" <sarahkingswell@hotmail.com> wrote: > >I have installed a copy of Small Business Server Premium 2008 and believe I >need to activate Exchange? For some reason I do not have the activate >option from the Actions tab w...

exchange server 2000
Hi, I am using Exchange server 2000 on Win 2k for my intranet mailing. Now i want to download emails from my pop3 server / smtp server from internet and distribute it to my user on intranet. I am finding tools which down load from the intenet and distrubute on exchange server. Do i require to user 3rd party tools? Please help me and guide me. May be there is some inbuilt services in Exchange server 2000 which i am not able to know. Bye Vish Yes.. there is a pop connector built into Exchange 2000. Go to system manager then connectors. You will see the pop connector there.. right ...

Exchange All Tools
Hi! I have been trying to find/guess/read when and which application I would to use :) Unfortunately many of them have not got description but the best description is your experience i think. Do you use some of them? When? Have you ever used some of them? When? Why? Which is the most frequenlty use tool? ------------------ app list -------------- AddRootCert Agents ArchiveSink AUTDTroubleShooter Authrest BadMailAdmin BindingCleanup Ccma Data Collector Disable CertCheck Email Journaling Advanced Configuration Err Exarcfg ExBPA Exchsync Exdeploy ExIpSecurity Exmerge ExProfre GUIDGEN JetStre...

Multiple Exchange Mailboxes
I am trying to setup a shared mailbox for our payroll department (payroll@domain.com). I have created a user in AD, which is only because I do not know of any other way to create just a mailbox, and under the Payroll User Properties -> Exchange Advanced - > Mailbox Rights I added a group called Payroll Mailbox Users and gave that group Read and Full Mailbox Rights. I then went into outlook for each user in the Payroll Mailbox Users group and under the email account settings -> change -> more settings -> advanced tab I added the payroll mailbox to the open these additional mailbo...

Exchange Migration #6
I am getting close to migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. I had a meeting today with my AD team and they state some issues with AD as of today. They said Microsoft highly suggests that they run a command called DSACL. From my understanding that resets all the permissions in AD (depending on where you run the DCACL). My AD team wants to run it at the root of the domain. Now my question(s) to all you Exchange gurus are, does anyone have any experience with running this command prior or even after migrating to Exchange 2003? If so, what were the results, good/bad/ugly? What are ...

still cant get Exchange Active Dir Connector to work
I'm still having a problem in my Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 migration. I am using E2K3 migration tools wizards. I have installed the new Active Directory Connector on a new W2K3 server. When I run step 2 of the ADC tools it does not connect to my current Exchange 5.5 server and I get an error (listed below). It seems to be some type of Kerberos or authentication problem on the Exchange 5.5 server. (There was also a similar problem when running the DSScopeScan test. It could not connect to the E5.5 server either.) Data Collection stopped. Check the ADCTools.log file for the cause. Then...

New Exchange 2003 not receiving email from other Exchange Servers
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C6B889.7DBDD120 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a new Server 2003R2 server with Exchange 2003 installed. I have created domains, email address etc. I am able to send receive email to this new server & email accounts from = basic email. Such as Yahoo, Hotmail, my ISP POP account no problem. But = when I try and send email to it from another Exchange server it fails.=20 Here is one of the errors. The e-mail account does not exist at the orga...

Move Calendar from SBS2003 to SBS2008
I need to move a sharepoint calendar from one server to another. I followed this document http://www.dlocc.com/articles/how-to-move-sharepoint-calendars-fast/ that explains how to create a backup and restore. The backup seemed to work just fine and I could even restore the file on the new sharepoint but when I look under the tracking section the new calendar is not there. It shows up under the list templates in the gallery but it is not available from the tracking section. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! ...

public folders and exchange 2007
Hello, I was hoping to setup public folders on ex2007. does anyone have good instructions for me? I have the default First storage group with the OAB configured to use it. but when I create a second storage group and mount it then try to enable "Enable Public folder distribution" under "Default Off line address book properties" I get the error: -------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Exchange Error -------------------------------------------------------- The following error(s) occurred while saving changes: set-offlineaddressbook Failed Erro...

SBS2003 and office 2010
Hello, I have a SBS2003 Sp2 and a client PC with Windows 7 pro and office 2010 pro. in outlook 2010 everthing works fine the only thing that doesn't work is my personal agenda with exchange (email works). when I add a appointment with outlook 2010 I dont see it on my mobile and not in OWA. When I add a appointment in OWA I get a reminder from the appointment in outlook 2010 but I don't see it in Outlook 2010. What is the problem here, or is there a update fix for this ?? regards marc Is this the Beta of Office 2010? And What Exchange are you running? Russ -- R...

SBS2003
Hello, I want to setup a CRM pilot for my organization. We have an extra SBS 2003 Premium license that I can use. We already have a domain controller setup on another server. Can I just install SBS 2003, CRM SB, and SQL on the test server and use the current AD domain that is on the other server? Thanks, Kevin SBS by design is a single domain environment. Your best bet is to create a second totally independant environment for testing and demonstration. If you make customizations you can export them to file and then import them into the production environment once it is setup ...

Export Exchange Attributes
Hi Is there a way to export the exchange attributes on the Exchange specific tabs located on a users property page from ADUC? I want to use this as a way to compare the storage and delivery limits for users to ensure that I have set it for all staff without going into each user. Thanks Here's a script that will show mailbox limits (when individually set on user accounts): http://www.exchangepedia.com/blog/2005/10/script-show-mailbox-limits.html The post also lists the attributes that are exported - these are the ones you need to look at. Can export these and others using tools lik...

Two Exchange Servers #2
Here's my dilemma. I recently installed e2k3 on a w2k3 member server and connected it to an existing e2k server running on w2k SBS, which is also the DC. My problem is when I try and connect to an account on the e2k3 server locally using OWA, the OWA for the e2k server comes up and then when I add my credentials the OWA for the e2k3 comes up and I add my credentials again and log on. If I try this remotely i.e. from home, the e2k logon comes up but after i add my credentials, the e2k3 logon doesn't show and I end up not able to log in. There must be a configuration set up that ...

Making a Template for the e-mail signature on Exchange 2000 / 2003
Hi there, I was wondering if there's a way of creating a template to use the Active Directory's informations on a Default E-mail Signature. Let's say i've created a user, and fill out the description the phone number, e-mail address, etc. And I want this informations to appear on the E-mail Signature of the user automatically, and this signature will follow the default font sizes and family. Thanks, Rgs, P.S.: Sorry about the english, that's becouse i'm Brazilian... Márcio Frota. ...

Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5 SMTP
Hello! I recently upgraded my Exchange 5.5 to 2003 by joining existing site of the 5.5. Since then I moved all my mailboxes to 2003. My 5.5 is still in place and all external mail is still being routed to 5.5. Here is what i think is a problem that I noticed recently. When I send out mail to multiple external recipients, and then I go to the message tracking center in 2003, I can see that the email is being transfered from 2003 SMTP to 5.5 MTA for delivery. Why does this happen? Shouldn't the 2003 SMPT make the delivery itself? Please advise. Thank You On Tue, 21 Jun 2005...

Routing Group in exchange 2003
Hi There My company running exchange 2003 sp2 with os Windows 2003 server sp1. for the time being, all servers running in the same administrative group. I'm planning to create another administrative group for another child domain for Business Department. The question is, do we need to create routing group in order to make users in first administrative group sending/receiving email from 2nd administrative group vice versa? What happen if i don't create routing group between two routing groups? please enlighten. tq "Muhamad Taufik Khasim" <Taufik@uniten.edu.my>...

Exchange 2003 SP1
I'm trying to grant multiple users (2) "Send As" permissions on an Exchange mailbox to no avail. I have given the users individual Full mailbox access, and/or specific Send As permissions per MS KB HowTo's, however the same insufficient rights error occurs when they try to Send As. I also tried adding the security group with specific and full mailbox rights to no avail. I am a domain admin and by default, I can Send As from anyone's mailbox. Any help is much appreciated. Thx. ...

Send from exchange mailbox alias email addresses
I want to "send from" an alias email address. Example, admin@123.com (set as primary), admin@abc.com Exchange 2003, recipients policy accepts these domain names. So if you send to either email the admin@123.com will get the emails. I can receive, but now I want to send as one of my alias email addresses. I open outlook, I have my "from filed" showing in the email, in the "from field" I want the email to come from one of my alias addresses; I type it in, outlook resolves to my primary email address, first problem. So I create a "contact" with ...

Migration a Cluster Exchange
Hi Friends!!!, I have a native windows 2000 Active directory with Exchange 2000 i separated server. The thing is that i need to install a cluster o exchange using the current server where is Exchange running and anothe server that i have bought. They thing is � which steps must i take to achive the migration proces goal ? is it possible to restore the exchange configuration to other cluste server? Please, i have worried about this topic. Thanks in advance. Regards, Richar - Richard. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.c...

Exchange Calendar sync
Ok... very odd question. Is there a way or an application that will allow you to synchronize two calendars on seperate Exchange servers. When I say seperate I mean, different forest, different company completely. I know this is a security nightmare waiting to happen, but I have to investigate the possibility. TIA are you talking about mailbox calendars, or public folder calendars? "Michael" <michaelteff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eiFKRhL2EHA.1408@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Ok... very odd question. > > Is there a way or an application that will allow ...

BTW... I think I got Exchange clustering to work with the router...
Just contact me... I don't want to post unsupported stuff, but it works in my test lab. Jake was it easy or hard? Feel free to post anything you have discovered as its the only way we learn :-) "Jake Horn" <jhorn@no_order4chaos_spam.com> wrote in message news:u5WhTSrPEHA.640@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Just contact me... I don't want to post unsupported stuff, but it works in > my test lab. > > Jake > > Jake, You've been on this group long enough to know that unsupported is more thhan welcome. In fact, I think some of prefer to hear those ...

Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2002
I am currently trying to configure the out of office option on Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2002 running on the client. On Exchange 5.5 I have unchecked the 2 options 'Disable Out of Office responses to the internet' and 'Disable Automatic Replies to the Internet'. I have restarted the Internet Mail Service. It's still not working. Internally it works fine. Does anyone have any ideas? Is it possible there may be a conflict between Office 2002 and Exchange 5.5? Tks, uoc Try asking this in an Exchange news group. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group...

Download of OAB from Exchange 2003 to Outlook 2003 cached mode fails
I have recently migrated some mailboxes from a MS Exchange 5.5 server to an Exchange 2003 server using Outlook 2003 (on W2K SP4)in Cached Exchange Mode. All of the client PC's seem to be correct apart from a two. These Outlook 2003 clients don't seem to be able to download the OAB(Offline Address Book). Whenever I select "Download Address Book" from the SEND|RECEIVE dropdown on the toolbar at the top of Outlook 2003 I get the error: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' I thoug...