SBS 2003/ Exchange Problem

Server: SBS 2003 Server SP1

I created some new accounts for users and applied the exchange task in AD
User.

All user accounts set NO LIMIT. But if i send e-mail to new accounts from
outside. such as gmail.com; hotmail.com, it will come back say:

**********************************
Your message has encountered delivery problems
to the following recipient(s):

catchall@xxxxx.com
(Was addressed to xxx@xxxxx.com)
Delivery failed
User's mailbox quota exceeded or would be exceeded

I checked the internal email, working well with new account.  but i don't
know why it can't receive email sending from outside.

Please help.
0
Yuk (1)

In news:912457EB-5C82-46B2-8DD9-10F04E5B2FFE@microsoft.com,
Yuk <Yuk@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Server: SBS 2003 Server SP1
>
> I created some new accounts for users and applied the exchange task
> in AD User.
>
> All user accounts set NO LIMIT. But if i send e-mail to new accounts
> from outside. such as gmail.com; hotmail.com, it will come back say:
>
> **********************************
> Your message has encountered delivery problems
> to the following recipient(s):
>
> catchall@xxxxx.com
> (Was addressed to xxx@xxxxx.com)
> Delivery failed
> User's mailbox quota exceeded or would be exceeded

> I checked the internal email, working well with new account.  but i
> don't know why it can't receive email sending from outside.
>
> Please help.

Are you using the SBS POP connector? If so, try posting in
m.p.windows.server.sbs as it isn't part of Exchange.

Note that SBS does a lot of things its own way - you should be creating
users with the wizards. You should be doing most things with its wizards or
things may not work as you expect, even if you have a lot of experience with
Windows/AD/Exchange.

0
lanwench (7567)

dissapearing spreadsheet- excel 2003
Something awful has happened. I just finished a massive spreadsheet down to the last detail. Everything balanced out, it was perfect. I was ready to print the final draft. I wanted to take out the grid lines and the a-z and 123.. borders so I was looking at various commands on the tool bar. I got to the "insert' heading and clicked on "worksheet" to see what it was. Everything is now gone....... I am sick. Please tell me how to get the spreadsheet back. I have tried to open the one I want from the saved files but nothing but a blank worksheet comes up. While looking thru t...

Publisher 2003 Catologue Merge
http://home.a03.itscom.net/tsuzu/programing/en/ Here is a real winner that popped up today on www.nonags.com This is the perfect tool for the Publisher 2003 Catalogue Merge. This program will automatically list all the picture files in a folder to use with a Publisher 2003 Catalogue Merge. Does exactly what you want, has all the options you need, including sort, file extension you want etc. etc. Just a magic little program with all the needs and requirements. It will be so easy for users just to copy the path information to their database/CSV file whatever - simple I think if I sat down a...

Archiving the Outlook 2003 Calendar
My archive utility seems to be only working sporadically. When I attempt to archive my calendar, sometimes it works and I get a .pst file that is 2,000 kb (+). At other times it creates a .pst file that is only 265 kb in size and contains on data. Is there anything I can do to alleviate this? I'm asking that it archive items older than the current date (but I've also tried archiving items older than yesterday and had similar results). Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't. Any suggestions will be appreciated. ...

Limit Message Size In Exchange 2000
I am trying to find a way to limit external email message to a certain size, say 5mb, while allowing internal messages to be up to 10mb. Is this possible? In Exchange 5.5 I set the limit in the Internet Mail Connector, but apparently this changed in 2000. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mark You can set this limit in properties of SMTP virtual server. Mark wrote: > I am trying to find a way to limit external email message to a certain > size, say 5mb, while allowing internal messages to be up to 10mb. Is > this possible? In Exchange 5.5 I set the limit in the Internet ...

SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 migration headache!
Hi folks, Hoping someone can help me :( After spending yesterday prepping the source server- running both SBS 2003 Best Practices Analyzer and Exchange Best Practices Analyzer (and resolving all issues until they both came back clean), full backup, Migration Prep Tool, answer file etc I was finally ready to get going with the destination server today. I was very thorough with the documentation, taking it all step by step. All looked well, until it seemed to hang on what looked to be a final step. I don't recall getting the replication delay pop-up that I've seen m...

Outlook 2003 hangs when downloading POP3 messages

"Bogus HELO" from Exchange.
I've been reading these message boards for a couple hours, and cant seem to find the fix I need to confirm how Exchange uses HELO. I support many clients using Exchange 2000/2003, along with SBS 2000/2003. It has been brought to my attention that people sending to domains using the Secureserver.net SPAM filter are now getting reject notices: There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <mail.ipsaintl.com #5.5.0 smtp;553 Bogus helo 64.202.166.12. <http://unblock.secureserver.net/?ip=216.185.184.26>&...

Profile and Personal Folder problem
I have posted the two problems below as seperate problems but no one could solve them. I hope, by posting them together, someone will find a common solution. Outlook 2002 and XP Profiles - when I open Outlook I am asked to chose which profile I want to open. I just have one Profile listed. I can select 'always open this option' but, on opening Outlook next time, I get the same request to choose a Profile. Personal Folders - I have 2 Personal Folders the the left hand column. I want to delete one (don't know how it got there). But when I choose PROPERTIES|CLOSE, I get '...

Exchange 2003 OWA #3
I am having a problem receiving certin attachments using Outlook web access 2003 ( owa ) I Can receive .zip , .pdf , and even .rar files with no problems... how ever when i receive an Microsoft Access file ( .mdb ) it says " Access to the following potentially unsafe attachments has been blocked: Filename.mdb" This is also happening when I try to receive a .xml file. I have been searching all over for info on this and can't find any... any help here would be greatly appreciated... Our server setup just incase you need it is... Win 2k server running exchange ...

Problem size of MFC View, with Vista.
When the application expanded to the maximize and the manifest of the application contain : <dependency> <dependentAssembly> <assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" version="6.0.0.0" processorArchitecture="X86" publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df" language="*" /> </dependentAssembly> </dependency> I'm get a View who the right edge go not to the border frame on Vista. Someone has an idea? Since I see nothing in this manfest that has the slightest...

OWA setup on SBS 2003
Hi, I can't access OWA on an SBS 2003 server, for any user. Not sure what is stopping it - is it ISA settings? I've checked in Active Directory Users and Domains under the user and they are permitted to use OWA. Also tried to connect using Sever Activesync and a smart phone, but that failed too. Hope you can help. Neil Hi, Could be ISA server stopping OWA from functioning, could also be a lot of other things (like permisions on folders, web site etc). What happens when you try to access OWA? Leif "Neil G Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> wrote in mes...

Excel 2003 Slow
Have any other users of Excel 2003 found it really slow when entering data into cells. I know 2 others users who have the same problem and we are being slowly driven mad with frustration. Is there some option we can deselect somewhere that will speed things up? No comments have come in about this, so I don't know how many others have the same problem I wrote about below a few days ago. However I have found a way round it - to uninstall Excel 2003 and install Excel XP instead. Now I can enter data in cells at my usual speed. I'd still really like to know what causes the slowness ...

NT Backup with Exchange 2003
I am not sure whether or not my backup is actually performing. I have selected the Exchange Server to be backup up to a file, but when I go to restore, and I catalog the file and look at the Mailbox Store it reads 'no entries found'. Is this normal? This is with Server 2000 Standard and Exchange 2003 Here is what is in the log: Backup Status Operation: Backup Active backup destination: File Media name: "Media created 7/27/2004 at 1:05 AM" Backup of "CRAZYJUMPER\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group" Backup set #1 on media #1 Backup descriptio...

Problem when trying to pdf publisher file
When trying to pdf a publisher file it comes out being about 7 times larger than the publisher file. Too big for email which I need. Why is this? Thanks, Stephanie Stephanie wrote: > When trying to pdf a publisher file it comes out being about 7 times > larger than the publisher file. Too big for email which I need. Why > is this? Thanks, > Stephanie With the wealth of infomation you've given, I'm sure you'll have people clamouring to assist you. Why don't you start by answering some basic questions: - 1) What version of Publisher are you using? 2) ...

Outlook and Office 2003
Outlook hangs when trying to attach files via the paperclip icon and excel and word hang when moving up through the directory structure while I am trying to "open" or "save as". Has anyone come across these problems and are there any fixes/work arounds? I really don't want to reinstall 2000! Thanks Ian Is this from local or network drives? If network drives, pure Microsoft world or are you living in a mixed world of Novell, Unix, .etc and Microsoft? FWIW, I've seen Microsoft Office applications hang in the file open/save dialog and living in a Novell/Mic...

Unable to add an e-mail address to an existing contact in Outlook 2003
When I try to add an address to one of my contacts it dissapears as soon as I enter it and tab to the next field. I've tried "enter" too. I've tried detect and repair, I've looked in newsgroups for a similar problem, but I'm not seeing it. Any help out there for this problem? Thanks, Eric Where are you trying to add it in the contact record? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Eric Feinstein <erc1@nospamhotmail.com> asked: | When I try to a...

Tool available to install Exchange SP2 on SBS 2008
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ffd2fe61-9278-489e-9b96-3816394c9cb6&displayLang=en Works great. Note you need to download and extract Exchange SP2 before running the tool. -- Kerry Brown MS-MVP - Windows Desktop Experience: Systems Administration http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/ I hope I'm not the only one who read your post? I'll just post now even though I read this the day you posted. Thanks for the much needed info, Kerry Russ :) -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Microsoft Certifi...

Exchange Users have lost rights
ok all users have now lost the ability to delete or send emails all users use OWA only when they try to delete a email they get "Some items could not be deleted. They ware either moved, already deleted or access was denied" When some one tries to send a email they get "forbidin" When some one tries to move a folder or create a folder they get "Access denied" i dont knwo what i did or where to check at this point thanks Roger, check the mailbox server's event logs & available disk space. If you have front-end / back-end topology, try running OWA a...

Tidying up 5.5 pre 2003?
OK I'm going to spend some time tomorrow tidying up our 5.5 directory ready for when I start migrating us to 2003. So far I'm planning on: Getting rid of all old/unnecessary mailboxes (duh!) Setting all resource mailboxes to no Primary NT account, users have access via the permissions tab (assuming ADC will create disabled domain account). Setting ex-employee mailboxes so that their already disabled domain account is the primary account, again their manager has access via the permissions tab. Is there anything obvious that I'm missing? TIA, Paul -- paul@spamcop.net Pau...

Ms Outlook 2003 #5
Hi. I have Vista Home Edition. I am trying to set up my mail accounts with Microsoft Outlook 2003 in Vista. When I put all the details and I test the setting it asks me to verify the E mail address. I know its correct as it works ok in Windows mail Is Outlook 2003 able to work in Vista or do I have a setting wrong??? Outlook 2003 works fine in Windows Vista. Did you check your email = address as suggested? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =...

Migrating AD Back to SBS
We had a domain which was working in a SBS2003 normally but since we had to change the hardware we added a second DC which is a windows 2008 and transferred all the roles to it, and let it working alone. Everything is fine now with the win2008 as a only Domain Controller We now have to reinstall back the SBS2003 and transfer everything to it from the win2008, is that possible? is there any how-to or best practices? As it seems that all i can do is start a new domain from scratch. Thanks, Chris There is an official MS document for adding SBS 2003 to a Server 2003 domain, but...

Interesting problem when hiding main window
I recently wrote a very small app that was heavily dependent upon some of our custom libraries. These libraries all assume a 'multiple document' app but all I wanted was a simple dialogue. Since I didn't want to rewrite all the libraries, I simply wrote a 'multiple document' app, 'hid' the main window (m_pMainWnd- >ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) on startup, and then called a do.Modal to my little dialogue box (which only had one button :) well, two buttons, if you include 'exit'). The problem is that 'SW_HIDE' also seems to not include a program icon on ...

MSN messenger and Exchange 2003
Hi, Is it possible to use MSN messenger connect to Exchange 2003, so that staffs can talk to each other witin the Exchange 2003 environment ? If it's possible, how exactly can that be done ? I am trying to find some step by step doco but with no luck so far... Is this setup recommended or it's something that better to avoid ? TIA Steven You can do it with Exchange 2000, but microsoft have shifted it to Live communication server fro 2003. Its like an internal msn. "Steven Wong" <sazabi75@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eSL4s6uJGHA.2300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

Outlook 2003 won't shutdown
On one users computer I can't get Outlook 2003 to shutdown completely. After closing the app the icon stays in the taskbar and won't go away. When you try and right click on the icon you get nothing and when you double left click it pops up a baloon that reads... Outlook is not rsponding. If your are using and Exchange server e-mail account, you can cancel pending server requests by clicking the Outlook icon in the notifications area, and then clicking Cancel Server Request on the shortcut menu. After this the only way to close it is to go into Task Manager and end task out the OUTLO...

Office pro 2003
Office pro 2003 - Works 2004, Publisher 2003, Plus! Digital Media Ed OFFICE SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL V2003 (c) MICROSOFT [5 CDs] CD1=OFFICE 11 CD2=FRONTPAGE 2003 CD3=VISIO 2003 PRO CD4=PROJECT 2003 PRO CD5=ONENOTE 2003 SN: OFFICE11: GWH28-DGCMP-P6RC4-6J4MT-3HFDY SN: for REST: WFDWY-XQXJF-RHRYG-BG7RQ-BBDHM Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 Microsoft Works Suite 2004 [5 cdS] SN:QTXM8-56C9R-XQPRT-CTJJ8-PPGGD Plus! Digital Media Edition (c) Microsoft 12 337 we will help You to find any software which need Yo...