Save copy of messages to sent items

Is there a way to prevent a user from unchecking the box that requires
"save copy of messeges in sent folder"?  We would like to implement
some controls/policy that ensures us that we have a copy of every email
that has come in and gone out from a user to remain in their mailbox
for at least 1 month so the monthly backup can get it on tape.

Any ideas, suggestions or hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0
tkoers (2)

On 2 Nov 2005 06:18:55 -0800, "tkoers@gmail.com" <tkoers@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Is there a way to prevent a user from unchecking the box that requires
>"save copy of messeges in sent folder"?  We would like to implement
>some controls/policy that ensures us that we have a copy of every email
>that has come in and gone out from a user to remain in their mailbox
>for at least 1 month so the monthly backup can get it on tape.
>
>Any ideas, suggestions or hints would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thank you.

Use message journaling instead.
0
adavid (8731)

Newbie question re column name does not belong to table item
This is my first time with XML and first time with vb.Net so it's an up hill learning curve for me but I would appreciate any help with this probably simple request. I've got a couple of column names in an xml source that my vb.net application can't handle. I know its because there is a ":" in both columns but i don't know of a way to treat the xml as a string, change the column names and then feed the results to an xmltextreader. regards, AndyB this is my xml feed: earthquake data from USGS. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsww/eqs1day-M2.5.xml below is the err...

Cut messages
Scenario: Outlook 2000 SP3, Exchange 2003 SP2. A User receive truncated/cutted email. Another user with the same configuration don't have this problem. Very strange... any helps? Thank's in advance Andrea Andrea Racca <raccaNOSPAMlibero.it> wrote: > Scenario: Outlook 2000 SP3, Exchange 2003 SP2. > A User receive truncated/cutted email. Another user with the same > configuration don't have this problem. Very strange... any helps? > Thank's in advance > Andrea Was this a message from outside/the Internet? Does it show up the same way in OWA? Was this a s...

I cannot send a fax from excel, I always get a line busy message.
I am using win xp and I am trying to send a fax with excel. I go to file chose print, pick fax driver and then fax wizard comes up, I enter phone number in wizard and click finish but I always get a line busy message in the fax monitior, can anybody help me. Thanks , Dan ...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Copying Information
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3350283589_2423585 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hello everyone, I'm having trouble copying data from a table ( st ) in one db ( tecnicil_industria1 ) to the same table in a different db ( tecnicil_ind2010r ). Below is my query and the result error I'm getting. Can any help on how to go about doing this: Use tecnicil_ind2010r Go insert into st select * from te...

Save and save as

Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem #4
Hi All, I am running Exchsrvr 5.5 SP4 with Post Sp4 fixes in installed. I have a user who sent an email to 4 recipients in the company and he got this error "Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem". None of the article in the knowledge base can help Anyone ever encountered this? Did any of them receive the message? Please post the complete NDR. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Vincez" <Vincez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFF49776-E253-4469-9561-140824BDBC05@microso...

PivotTable Calculated Items trouble
My PivotTable has two fields in the rows area: Country and Company, one columns field Date and one data field Profit. Profit Date Country Company 2003 2004 ------------------------------------------- Germania 110 170 BMW 50 80 Mercedes 60 90 USA 40 70 Chrysler 30 Ford 10 70 Grand Total 150 240 When I add a calculated item (difference between two Date items) to the PivotTable, it changes the affiliation of Companies to Countries and displays the whole list of Companies under each Country. Why? Profit Date Country Company 2003 2004 Diff -------------------------------...

Saving Images

"Unattainable" savings goals

error log message
I'm actually getting a couple of error messages. The load user profile call failed with the fallowing error: The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format. (The Source is the service control manager). Windows was unable to load the registry. This is often caused by insufficient mamory or insufficient security rights. Detail - The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format. for C:\documents and settings\networkservice\l...

Saving default tabs

How to create a pop up window with message?!
Hi, I'm responsible for the introduction of our CRM-tool and to customize the application according to our business processes and requirements. Unfortunately I'm absolutely not familiar in terms of programming and the SDK of CRM 3.0. I just need a simple (?!) event: Before activating (and then closing) a quote I want the Users to fill in a field "Reason" (pick up list with numerous reasons for closing a quote, e.g. price too high etc.). To make sure that the users do not forget this step I would like the system to open a pop-up window with the message "If you want to c...

copy different cells from 1 sheet to another
Is there a way to copy a range of non adjasent cells from one sheet to another without moving back and forth between the 2 sheets? i.e. copy D15 from sheet1 to K17 in sheet2 copy G10 from sheet1 to M17 in sheet2 copy range starting E21 until first empty line from sheet1 to colomn I in sheet2 starting the first empty line in that colomn. copy range starting C21 until first empty line from sheet1 to colomn F in sheet2 starting the first empty line in that colomn. try this Sub copyshttosht()'from source sheet With Sheets("DestinationSheetName") range("D15").copy .ran...

Save to unProtect a Document?

Save csv format to dbf format

Emails stuck Outbox even though Sent
I am in a situation where whenever I try send an email over 1MB in size it will stick in my outbox and not move to my sent items even when it has been sent. The result is that outlook continues to try and send the email resulting in the recipient receiving multiple copies of the email I am trying to send without me ever knowing it has been sent in the first place. Anyone know what the cause of this is or how to fix it?? sounds like a virus run AVG anti virus from www.grisoft.com Sunbeam: Tell me more about this AVG. I need it at the office on a 4 computer network system. Looks like...

Daylight Savings Time #2

How do I stop receiving triple copies of the same email?
I switched from Outlook Express. Works well except Outlook is making triple copies of each of my emails. The senders are not doing this. Help, anyone. - Thanks ...

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...