Same Domain, multiple domain names?

We have a domain name, companya.com which is both the windows 2000 domain as
well as the e-mail domain.

We recently completed 2 acquisitions, companyb and companyc.

I want to be able to house all companies e-mails under the companya domain,
but still be able to send and receive under the companyb.com and/or
companyc.com as well as the original companya.com.

how do I set it up so that all three domains are set up, and that particular
users have either a, b, or c as thier default e-mail address?

Thanks

Joe

0
joe322 (40)

Well... depends on where the users for CompanyB and CompanyC reside... do
they all reside in the AD for companyA.com?

--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Joe Williams" <Joe@anywhere.com> wrote in message
> We have a domain name, companya.com which is both the windows 2000 domain
> as well as the e-mail domain.
>
> We recently completed 2 acquisitions, companyb and companyc.
>
> I want to be able to house all companies e-mails under the companya
> domain, but still be able to send and receive under the companyb.com
> and/or companyc.com as well as the original companya.com.
>
> how do I set it up so that all three domains are set up, and that
> particular users have either a, b, or c as thier default e-mail address?
>
> Thanks
>
> Joe

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
9/13/2005 7:57:46 PM
Just add recipient policies based on an attribute - like company name or
department or a custom attribute) for each domain. Company A's policy will
apply to all, no filters.

Company B and Company C policies will only apply to their respective
recipients and be filtered by company name (or whatever other unique
attribute you select.... ). This is assuming all users are are in same
Forest.

--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Joe Williams" <Joe@anywhere.com> wrote in message
> We have a domain name, companya.com which is both the windows 2000 domain
> as well as the e-mail domain.
>
> We recently completed 2 acquisitions, companyb and companyc.
>
> I want to be able to house all companies e-mails under the companya
> domain, but still be able to send and receive under the companyb.com
> and/or companyc.com as well as the original companya.com.
>
> how do I set it up so that all three domains are set up, and that
> particular users have either a, b, or c as thier default e-mail address?
>
> Thanks
>
> Joe

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
9/13/2005 9:04:25 PM
You can assign addresses from multiple domains through careful use of
recipient policies.

If you want a certain user to be able to send from multiple reply addresses,
I'm sorry to notify you that MAPI doesn't support it.  An alternative is to
give such users more than one mailbox and have them switch profiles.  I
recognize that is a pain.  Another alternative is to use Outlook for their
"primary" mailbox, and use Outlook Express or some other POP or IMAP client
for alternate mailboxes or to connect to the primary mailbox but send from
alternate addresses.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Joe Williams" <Joe@anywhere.com> wrote in message
> We have a domain name, companya.com which is both the windows 2000 domain
> as well as the e-mail domain.
>
> We recently completed 2 acquisitions, companyb and companyc.
>
> I want to be able to house all companies e-mails under the companya
> domain, but still be able to send and receive under the companyb.com
> and/or companyc.com as well as the original companya.com.
>
> how do I set it up so that all three domains are set up, and that
> particular users have either a, b, or c as thier default e-mail address?
>
> Thanks
>
> Joe

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Changing Multiple Pivot Ranges #2
Please help: I have about 330 pivots (yeah, it's a lot) on six different tabs whose source data (range) is located in two different files. My Excel crashed and after I accepted the auto-save updates, the range addresses changed from being located in the same folder (where my pivots are located, [Filename.xls]Sheet1!$A$1:$ZZ$62000) to being the entire address (C:\Documents and Settings\user\applications\etc...). I tried in Edit->Links to 'relink' the correct files; however, when I re-open the file, it continues to reference the entire address. How can I effeciently change all...

Excel file saved as htm with multiple worksheets
How do you specify a hyperlink to a specific worksheet within a workbook. The excel file in question has been saved as an htm file. And actually, this excel file was created from a macro that is outputting date from MS Project. Each workbook (page) within the htm workbook is the individual tasks for each resource within project. That is, within a wiki site (that can use html), I want to put a link that when one clicks it, the htm file (saved from Excel) is opened and more specifically, is opened to a particular worksheet within that multiple-worksheet workbook. For further informa...

forged sender domain
Can anyone tell me if sending an email with a forged sender domain (for example the sender domain=the destination domain) actually violates any RFCs for internet mail? We are working with a service that sends legitimate mail to us but it appears "from" us. A recent policy addition by our ISP to block internet mail from our local domain has started blocking this real mail and we are left to solve the problem. Thanks I don't know about the RFCs but it will be flagged as suspect (possibly forged) if anyone is doing a reverse DNS lookup. Nue "William Gilles" <Wil...

Friendly Name second request
All I have a need to change how Exchange sends email using friendly names. I know you can disable friendly names, but, I would like to know if there is a way, via AD or somewhere else, that you can modify what exchange uses as the attributes for friendly names. Right now it uses FirstName LastName, could or is there a way we could use say: Custom Attribute #2 ?? The reason I ask this is because, the internal corporate names for some users are not what they want others to read, like full last names for example, others don’t care I need a way to make this happen. Sending only email addresses ...

Cannot see child domain users in parent domain
Our domain has exchange servers in the parent domain and no exchange server in the child domain, when i create a mailbox for a user in the child domain the user can connect through OWA. The preview of the GAL on the server contains the user but on an outlook client i cannot find that user. the user cannot configure outlook because its name doesn't appear in the address list. help wanted please See if this helps re Outlook: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297801/en-us Nue "Hidma" <Hidma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0BF06DC-C9EC-483E-B219-FC3AB...

Recognition of crylic test in work sheet names, VB version 9108
I have named some worksheets using russian langauge text, which is not recognised by VB in computers running less than Excel 2003. Is there a patch or an upgrade for VB to read this text? ie VB=Sheets(Array("àðàõèñ", "peanuts")).Select and refers to the worksheet арахис (russian for peanuts) (the text is readable in excel, is not legible as worksheet names in VB) Cheers Ben ...

Exch. Server in Child Domain
I've added both exchange servers in the replication tab of all the objects that I want to replicate... Should the folder just appear in the child domain users' public folder stack? Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003 Dan Klinge wrote: > But.....how do I get the Parent Domain's calendars to show up in the Child > Domain's users' outlook??? > > > > "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message > news:%23pblelKOGHA.3728@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >> Yes. I just setup replication of the two main public c...

multiple Domains under one domain or multiple forests under one forest
I have to research on below scenario. Asia regional countries are in separate forests/single domains Europe has forest and child domains. Europe is separate systems only connected via WAN only. Our proposal was make one forest under Europe as =91APAC=92, and then we will migrate regional counties under to APAC forest to appropriate Trees. Europe proposed that instead of creating APAC migrate all the Asia regional forest to one of Europe Domain. As example, migrate all Asia user accounts to Germany domain under Europe forest. for me putting every domain to one domain sounds messy f...

Help Adding up multiple calculated cells
I have 8 columns that MAY contain NOTHING or may contain text chosen from a lookup name from a data validation pick list. Lic3 won't contain a value UNLESS Lic1 AND Lic2 are populated. I have 8 columns range named Lic1, Lic2, etc to hold a chosen license name. I have 8 other columns used for number counts relating to the lookups I have range named Lic1Cnt, Lic2Cnt, etc which hold a number such as 12. I need to add up the value calculated for each Lic based on looking up the text in a table, getting the price and then multiplying by the Lic? Cnt number. Some records may have only a singl...

multiple retained earnings accounts
hi there, we have several funds that each have their own retained earnings, and the total of these equals the GP retained earnings account. We have one company. For years, we've reported these funds outside of GP, but the number of these is growing, and we'd like to memorialize them in the GL, if possible. Can I write a BBF journal to get the desired result? It is neither a 2007 or a 2008 entry - falls right in between. A regular journal can't do that. Would appreciate your help! There is not a way to create a BBF entry manually. It would have to be done behind the sc...

multiples * in message tracking log file Exchange 2003 Server
Dear All, When i track message and click for details it shows me error message " The object ****************************** in the message tracking logs can't be found in the directory.The object may be deleted. The tracking history may be incorrect. Any similar expirience or idea what could be a problem? Regards Goran Kubelka <GoranKubelka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When i track message and click for details it shows me error message >" The object ****************************** in the message tracking logs >can't be found in the directory.The obj...

Invalid Column Name Error
I just added several new attributes to my CRM via Deployment Manager. They were all identical with the exception of the name. After publishing, I am now getting an error when trying to open an account record "Invalid column name 'CFSMultiBranch_Locs'." The name appears to be a valid name (no spaces, dashes, etc). Any clues as to how to fix this one? Thanks in advance! try restarting IIS "WFD" wrote: > I just added several new attributes to my CRM via Deployment Manager. They > were all identical with the exception of the name. After publishing, I am no...

Multiple axes/scales?
Is it possible to have multiple axes/scales on a graph? For example, side-by-side or top/bottom of things like degC/degF, radians/deg, etc.? You can have 2 Y Axis - one on the left hand side and one on the right. Just create a chart as normal. Then click on one of the data series select Format Data Series\Axis and select Secondary Axis Mat -- Mallyca ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mallycat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3551 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55703 ...

help needed on "sumif function with multiple ifs"
Hello! I am trying to generate a summary table. My primary table has a number of pipes different pipe diameters (8, 12, 15, 21, 24), on which different lengths of pipe repair need to be performed (less than 3 feet and between 3 to 8 feet). I want the summary table to display total length of "less than 3 feet" repair for each diameter pipe separately and total length of "between 3 to 8 feet" repair separately. I tried using the "sumif" condition using a nested if for the criteria. But, it doesnt seem to help. Would appreciate any help/ advice. This is the formula ...

Email Address and name
Hi, I have a question. Is it possible to send e-newsletters in publisher but having publisher change the addresses' names according to the email adds? Example :- andre@hotmail.com, so publisher will change the name matching to the email. Is there like a macro or script so that publisher can pull the datas from and change the names according to the individual email adds? Thank you very much Andre Tay wrote: > Hi, I have a question. Is it possible to send e-newsletters in publisher but > having publisher change the addresses' names according to the email adds? > Exampl...

how to get a domain name
I sampled Outlook and obtained a license for it but how do I download it, open it or create it? Am I allowed a domain name? What are you talking about? Outlook is a PIM - nothing to do with = domains.=20 If you purchased Outlook, put in the CD, put in your PID when prompted, = then configure a mail account and start using Outlook. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, AJ asked: | I sampled Outlook and obtained...

"Block auto-forward outside local domain" question
I know that Exchange can be configured to block auto-forward/redirection outside of it's own domain, and that this can be enabled for certain specified domains. But is there the possibility to add a "user exit" that can also enable this feature, based on some programtic criteria? For example, if Exchange user X has an external e-mail address my-x@somewhere.else.net, could a user exit allow X to auto-forward to their external account? If "yes", where is some information about this feature, and where would be a good place to configure the external e-mail address to mak...

100% stacked column with multiple years (3) and areas (7)
looking how to do a stacked column chart with multiple yeras and regions with the years being group together under respected region You could probably adapt this technique: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/19/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Miles04" <Miles04@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41C2A5A4-1304-4F58-8DED-646949878790@microsoft.com... > looking how to do a stacked column chart with multiple y...

Sorting by multiple names in excel
Here's the problem I have. We receive word documents with names (first, last). Is there a way to dump these names into Excel and sort by the last name? Or is there a way to paste the names into seperate cells? Example (1 cell): Katie Mac Stewie Long Dan Agerert Sorted to: Dan Agerert Katie Mac Stewie Long Hi Scotty Easiest option is to use the Data / Text to Columns feature to separate the names (delimited & space as the character) Select the column with the names in it - ensure that there's a blank column to the right, choose Data / Text to Columns Choose delimited click...

Intersite domain connection issues
I have been battling a strange problem that has been difficult to troubleshoot and difficult to explain or categorize. I'm hoping that someone may have encountered similar issues and have some ideas. Problem: About every 3 days or so, the exchange server in the branch office will experience some or all of the following problems: 1. Mail flow between the main office and this branch office will stop including outgoing and incoming Internet mail and mail. 2. From this server, I cannot connect to the administrative share (c$ or d$) of one or both of the domain controllers in the ...

Buliding A Search For A Field Name and Extract Contents
I have to compare different tests we give our middle school students. I have a form with 155 Fields. I have to seach each field (That fit 5 catagories) to see what the contents are and then find the range(s) which are stored in a table. Here is the code I have so far. Rem: Store All The Field Names for a catagory. The Contents of Me!TxtAC09 is 356. Rem: I Check every field of a catagory Set. Do Until IndxA = 20 IndxA = IndxA + 1 If IndxA < 10 Then HldField = "TxtAC0" & IndxA Else ...

domain to domain TLS
Hello, In Exchange 2003 is there an easy way to enforce TLS between my domain and one or two specific external domains? I know there are some overriding, more global settings but in the case of just a few domains is what I'm more curious about. If possible, what would I need to do on my end and what would the recipient domain require to be done? Thanks for any help! Scroll down to: Enable Transport Layer Security Encryption for a Specific Remote Domain in an Exchange Organization in the following KBA: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829721 The remote domain would also need to co...

Changing Domain Name
We have mix W2k & W2k3 DCs and one E2k2 in a W2k3 member server. We now xxx.yyy.zzz.ca.us as our domain name. Now we have approval to change it to xxx.yyyyyyyy.gov format. What is the most efficient way to do it? We need to retain the old domain name with new domain name for a period of time to give our users enough time top inform their friends, other senders,etc. Thank you. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO In news:B8BD42A2-428A-4156-BE94-4CCAE8FF1E8E@microsoft.com, JoeCL <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > We have mix W2k & W2k3 DCs and one E2k2 in a W2k3 member server. ...

Excel Macro
Hi, I need some help please. I am attempting to create a new spreadsheet from the macro and name all the sheets according to data in the original spreadsheet. The original spreadsheet can change every month - so I need - what is "copied" to be the name of each sheet. my attempt below - actual hardcodes the "result" - I need it to be what was copied - Workbooks.Add ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ "C:\Jan2004b.xls", FileFormat:=xlNormal _ , Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, _ C...

Multiple Companies with different settings
Hi, We are currently using GP and after a review, we would like to use GP fully and activates features (like serial numbers, credit limits etc) without affecting the current settings (this is also to ensure no disruptions to the current operations). I would like to know can this be done without getting the need to set another sql database, GP entirely on a new server? Thks in advance. Hello Richard, You will not require to setup another SQL for activating those features As far as credit limit ceoncerned you may activate it any time by setting the option to limit to a certain a...