RUS not working on Exchange 2003 since KB873333 applied

I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003. Since I applied the latest
Microsoft updates (Feb 2005) the RUS is not working.
I removed the KB873333 update and the RUS is working again.
Has anyone else experienced this issue?

DalyB
0
DalyB (2)

I am experiencing this issue as well . . . has anyone found a solution to
this, besides removing the patch?  Don't want to test in a live enviroment,
but I'm building a virtual today to see if I can duplicate the RUS not
updating the user's e-mail addresses.

Thanks

"DalyB" wrote:

> I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003. Since I applied the latest
> Microsoft updates (Feb 2005) the RUS is not working.
> I removed the KB873333 update and the RUS is working again.
> Has anyone else experienced this issue?
>
> DalyB
0
PaulS (15)
5/25/2005 12:12:06 AM
Paul,

I fixed it by removing the patch and then reinstalling it.

It now appears fine.

Cheers
DalyB

"PaulS" wrote:

> I am experiencing this issue as well . . . has anyone found a solution to
> this, besides removing the patch?  Don't want to test in a live enviroment,
> but I'm building a virtual today to see if I can duplicate the RUS not
> updating the user's e-mail addresses.
>
> Thanks
>
> "DalyB" wrote:
>
> > I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003. Since I applied the latest
> > Microsoft updates (Feb 2005) the RUS is not working.
> > I removed the KB873333 update and the RUS is working again.
> > Has anyone else experienced this issue?
> >
> > DalyB
0
DalyB (2)
5/25/2005 12:20:02 AM
Thanks, I'll give that a try and let you know how it worked out!

Paul

"DalyB" wrote:

> Paul,
>
> I fixed it by removing the patch and then reinstalling it.
>
> It now appears fine.
>
> Cheers
> DalyB
>
> "PaulS" wrote:
>
> > I am experiencing this issue as well . . . has anyone found a solution to
> > this, besides removing the patch?  Don't want to test in a live enviroment,
> > but I'm building a virtual today to see if I can duplicate the RUS not
> > updating the user's e-mail addresses.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "DalyB" wrote:
> >
> > > I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003. Since I applied the latest
> > > Microsoft updates (Feb 2005) the RUS is not working.
> > > I removed the KB873333 update and the RUS is working again.
> > > Has anyone else experienced this issue?
> > >
> > > DalyB
0
PaulS (15)
5/25/2005 12:25:01 AM
DalyB,

Did the removing and re-installing require a reboot?  Just want to cover all
bases before I attempt this.
Thanks
Paul

"DalyB" <DalyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Paul,
>
> I fixed it by removing the patch and then reinstalling it.
>
> It now appears fine.
>
> Cheers
> DalyB
>
> "PaulS" wrote:
>
>> I am experiencing this issue as well . . . has anyone found a solution to
>> this, besides removing the patch?  Don't want to test in a live
>> enviroment,
>> but I'm building a virtual today to see if I can duplicate the RUS not
>> updating the user's e-mail addresses.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> "DalyB" wrote:
>>
>> > I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003. Since I applied the
>> > latest
>> > Microsoft updates (Feb 2005) the RUS is not working.
>> > I removed the KB873333 update and the RUS is working again.
>> > Has anyone else experienced this issue?
>> >
>> > DalyB

0
PaulS9783 (1)

Exchange 2003 Intelligent Message Filter (IMF) attributes in active directory
Hi there, I'm trying to figure out a way to search for all of the users in my domain who have opted-in to the Exchange 2003 IMF (Intelligent Message Filter). Does anyone know of the Active Directory attribute that this refers to or any other way to scan for how many users may have opted in to the IMF? Thanks~ Matthew What do you mean by opted-in? Anyway in AD there is no per recipient info related to IMF. IMF itself does store the thresholds there but this is not what you are looking for I guess. cheers, Alexander Zammit Software Development Consultant Check out, ExchangeInbox....

RUS / Policies
Hello We are running Exchange 2003 Enterprise on a Windows Server 2003. We have a Recipient Policy for purging Emails and of course the Deafult Rec. Policy. I have checked RUS to find out when these policies are being applied and I have found two RUS's. Bothe are scheduled to run always. My first question is, how can I determined which RUS is being used? I am not sure why we have two RUS's? They both point to the same Domain Controller, domain, exchanges server and have the same schedule - to always run. The only difference is in name RUS (LTDTOO) where LTDTOO is our domain nam...

outlook 2003 email problems
I can send email fine, but i cannot receive my email. I can only receive email through outlook express6. outlook 2003 tests mail settings as fine, so what can I do to receive my mail with this program? thank you Have you done all of the following? 1) Make sure Outlook is listed as your default mail program here: Control Panel | Internet Options | Programs tab. 2) Remove all mail accounts from Outlook Express (unless you can't bear to part with them for some reason). 3) Disable automatic checking for new mail in OE. 4) Only open OE if you're going to use it for newsreading (Out...

Access 2007 force new page property not working for me
In Access 2007, Force New Page property is not working for me. I have tried selecting "Before section", "After section" in the Force New Page properties of the group header and group footer sections of my report, in report design view. Any suggestions? jerry176 ...

customize does not work #2
I have 1 WinXP computer that has Outlook 2000 installed as the mail client. When I select "Customize Outlook Today" nothing happens. I do not get the chance to change any of the default configuration of the Outlook Today page. Does anyone know the reason for this? thx in advance. >-----Original Message----- >I have 1 WinXP computer that has Outlook 2000 installed >as the mail client. When I select "Customize Outlook >Today" nothing happens. I do not get the chance to change >any of the default configuration of the Outlook Today >page. Does anyo...

INDEX do not work
hi... I have this cell containing {=INDEX(poeng_1;MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307;poeng_1))} It stopped working. It's supposed to fetch the last numer i a column but not the nulls It shows 0 even though it should say 24 right now.. -- Kind regards �yvind Granberg tresfjording@live.no www.tresfjording.com There's nothing wrong with your formula, although it *doesn't* need the CSE entry (if that's what the curly brackets signify), AND it could be shortened to: =INDEX(poeng_1;MATCH(99^99;poeng_1)) OR =LOOKUP(99^99;poeng_1) I would suspect something's differen...

Restrict all Exchange user from receiving from specific domain
hi i'm having Exchange 5.5. and i would like to know if there's any way to prevent the whole user from recieving messages from specific domain. i found only way to prevent a specific user but not all users. your effort is highly appreciated On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 06:07:01 -0700, "Maan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi > >i'm having Exchange 5.5. and i would like to know if >there's any way to prevent the whole user from recieving >messages from specific domain. > > i found only way to prevent a specific user b...

print message options and or headers in outlook 2003
hello, I have a series of email that I am trying to print out the headers or options when printing the email in outlook 2003. how would I accomplish this task. thanks ...

Exchange 2000 Database Name
I'm trying to run a repair on my Exchange 2000 database (eseutil.exe). It is asking for the database name. How do I know what is the database name? Pull up properties on it in ESM - click the database tab. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Sam" <sam_nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uNh9Joq...

Outlook 2003 and exchange server
I want to set up outlook 2003 such that each client that accesses the exchange server by default accesses one accounts contacts, tasks, notes and calander as opposed to haveing their own calander and then having to click on the other accounts calander to open it Thankyou Do you mean have all clients access the same mailbox? Why? Why not use public folders for items that you want all people to access? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading...

Enter key not working in Excel
How do I unlock my 'enter' key in Excel. It works in other programs but has stopped working in Excel. The arrow keys are fine, but I can no longer "return" anywhere using the 'enter' button. Hi one idea: goto 'Tools - Options - Edit' and check that the selection moves after hitting ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dana wrote: > How do I unlock my 'enter' key in Excel. It works in other programs > but has stopped working in Excel. The arrow keys are fine, but I can > no longer "return" anywhere using the 'en...

Using Exchange 2003 to host our own e-mail
We have SBS 2003 w/Exchange 2003 installed. We also have OWA working (all this was done by a third party). Is there a way (or place I can look this up?) to use Exchange to host our own e-mail (easily)? Carl, There as many tasks that need to be done to do what you ask. Although generally not hard it just need to be done in the correct order. Also it more than just SBS to make this happen. To give all the details here is beond the scope of newsgroups. I suggest using your favorit search engine. The SBS getting started docs also has the requirements. Hope this helps. "Carl Gross...

Send To\Mail Recipient not working
I have WinXP w/Outlook 2003. When I right click a file and choose Send To\Mail Recipient, the feature does not work. I have got it to work one time by going to Control Panels\Add Remove Programs\Set Program Access and Defaults. There I select Microsoft Windows, (instead of Custom), restart the computer and I can then send to mail recipient, but only one time. After that I get the Error message, Microsoft Office Outlook, The operation failed. This feature works when I select Outlook Express as my default Email client in Internet options. Please can someone help! Thanks in advance. Gregg ...

convert works suite 2002 to access 2003
I have just purchased office professional 2007. here is the plan: backup all my files and convert them to office 2003, then convert them to my office prof 2007. I believe the word files should be fine but how can I do my data base and spreedsheet files? I hope this is possible. Please Help!!!! On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 08:40:02 -0700, ceo-campbell-farm <ceocampbellfarm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have just purchased office professional 2007. here is the plan: backup all >my files and convert them to office 2003, then convert them to my office >prof 2007. I believe the...

Issues after upgrade to Exchange 2007
After upgrading to Exchange 2007, we are experiencing these issues: 1. E-mails sent from CRM are not routing thru Exchange to the Internet (we use a forwarding e-mail, and all lights are green within the Router Config Manager) 2. Incoming CRM-related e-mails in Outlook are not automatically tagged with the CRM icon Specific to item #1, we are seeing this error: #27938 - An error occurred while checking for e-mail messages to process in mailbox crmadmin@domain.com. System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse(...

How to put a working calender in Excel
How can I insert a calender that dates could be picked and auto-inserted in Excel? Hi GV, Visit Ron de Bruin's site at: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm --- Regards, Norman "gv" <gv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7818FA95-6DD6-4AB0-9CA1-F18E1AF90AC3@microsoft.com... > How can I insert a calender that dates could be picked and auto-inserted > in > Excel? > "Norman Jones" wrote: > Hi GV, > > Visit Ron de Bruin's site at: > > http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm > > &g...

The "Organise" button and included functions doesn't work (2003)
Hello, I've just upgraded to 2003 from 2000, and i was tying to ad colours to certain emails. i've gone to "organise", now for some reaso off the toolbar and into the tools menu. however once i get to tha option, i get the normal screen: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/HA011330431033.aspx exactly as i should, however, clicking on the colors and views tab does nothing, nor does clicking on the X for the organise pane however, if i click on the new folder and rules and alerts buttons i the pane, they work normally. as a temporary stop gap, i've added a part...

How does this formula work?
I have a list of numbers in rows D7:D28, and another list of numbers in E7:E28 I then add this formula to rows G14:G24 (the placement is actually irrelevant) {=AVERAGE(IF(D$7:D$28=D14,E$7:E$28,""))} (please note its an array formula) can someone explain how this formula works and hence relates to the two lists thanks Let's use a smaller set of ranges to see how this works. ...........D..........E 1.......10.........10 2.......12.........15 3.......10.........20 4.......17.........20 5.......10.........30 =AVERAGE(IF(D$1:D$5=D3,E$1:E$5)) The IF function ta...

Re: some inbound mails get stopped at Exchange IMS server
Filtering/Turfing is disabled. The weird thing is that every other single mail from that domain get delievered to our users' mailboxes just fine. Is it possible that MS exchange IMS would drop a message if its message format is incompatible with the ones MS exchange would understand such as MDBEF, MINE? And even so, it should save a copy somewhere under c:\imcdata, shouldn't it? I didn't see it at all. Thanks a million. Trung > > "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in > message news:3h8981hoqe27eek3msn3il42a9efmjdls6@4...

RUS
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C3DF39.57B426E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable My RUS is not stamping any new users in a new domain I just created and = put an exchange 2003 server in.=20 everything else is exchange 2000 - and this domain is a subdomain of the = parent where the other users are. Any ideas on this? I have tried, REBUILD, UPDATE NOW, ive changed the RUS server, and DC = that it uses...all to no avail. Rummie ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C3DF39.57B426E0 Content-Type: ...

Keep POP mail out of Exchange's Sent Items
We use Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 for email. I got tired of going to my personal ISPs webmail site any time I wanted to send/receive email without it going thru my Exchange server, so I just created a .pst file, set up my POP account in Outlook, and created a rule to move all mail from that account to a folder in the .PST file. Unfortunately, I apparently can't create a similar rule for outgoing mail? I just sent a test email using Outlook, making sure to select the POP account as the account to send the message thru. However, it still showed up in the Sent Items folder in m...

problems faced when trying to download hotmail and outlook 2003
i kept getting unknown error whenever i try to download mail from hotmail on my outlook 2003 pls help this is nuisance ! ...

Exchange 2003 is not creating smpt address
We have recently migrage from 2000 to 2003. However, I have notice if I create a new mailbox the SMPT address or to say anything within the e-mail tab of the user account is not been created. But if I have the old exchange 2000 up and running it will create e-mail address. Why is this happening and how could I fix this? Check the configuration of your Recipient Update Service in Exchange System Manager in that it points to a valid domain controller and Exchange server. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Ron&quo...

Working with DirectoryInfo
I'm working on a function that removes files related to a virus. The files are called x[1], x[2], x[3], etc, and are found in "Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\<CacheFolder>". The script fails to detect and remove the files because the variable $CacheFolder (seems to return a string instead of a folder object (although the type is reported as DirectoryInfo). The Get-ChildItem cmdlet is trying to the cache folders in my home directory instead of the correct paths. How can I adjust this function to correctly search the cache folders? function ...

Can Exchange drop incoming email
Can Exchange drop incoming email under certain conditions? Our Exchange machine never had an issue with dropping incoming emails until recently. We recently loaded it up with a couple of graphics intensive apps that periodically do batch conversions of files. At these times, the processor goes straight to 100% for at least a minute. We're pretty sure that incoming email was dropped when we first made the change. We made some adjustments and everything seemed to settle down. However, we still suspect that we are periodically dropping 1-2 messages every couple of weeks. We've been ope...