RUS doesn't work! new users never get email addresses!

2000 AD with 2003 exchange I run the rebuild on the
Enterprise and domain RUS then update as well. I turned
diagnostic logging for msexAL to max and when i do the
enterprise rebuild and update i get some info entries but
the domain gives nothing... I have to manuall use ADSI to
modify the user attributes
msexhidefromaddrlist
showinaddresslist
mail
to get anything to work
and I have waited for replication PLEASE HELP
0
Jaelink (1)

Is the RUS pointing to a valid DC and Exchange server?

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"james" <Jaelink@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> 2000 AD with 2003 exchange I run the rebuild on the
> Enterprise and domain RUS then update as well. I turned
> diagnostic logging for msexAL to max and when i do the
> enterprise rebuild and update i get some info entries but
> the domain gives nothing... I have to manuall use ADSI to
> modify the user attributes
> msexhidefromaddrlist
> showinaddresslist
> mail
> to get anything to work
> and I have waited for replication PLEASE HELP

0
neil.hobson (1158)
8/6/2004 7:49:19 AM
I needed to restart the service..

0
anonymous (74723)

Resolve IP Addresses in Excel
How can you resolve an IP address to the NetBIOS name in Excel? see: http://www.developerfusion.com/show/1628/ or http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0067.htm keepITcool < email : keepitcool chello nl (with @ and .) > < homepage: http://members.chello.nl/keepitcool > "Prescott Small" <Prescott.Small@Bakerhughes.com> wrote: > How can you resolve an IP address to the NetBIOS name in > Excel? > ...

Keep getting task pop 3 Send /Recieve Error 0x800 40 900
Outlook 2003 when I hit send /recieve to get mail the above notification appears, does this mean I have messages but unable to access them due to the error or could there be another explanation. Cheers Neil Is this a newly set up account? Did it ever work before? Have you checked with your ISP to verify your account settings? Check their website for the server details. Make sure you have spelled everything correctly in the account details - this is in the Control Panel mail applet. "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8D1CE45-5CE2-4651-850F-DA514...

Making a certain transaction always get the same default category.
I'm using Money 2004 and i'm having a few issues that I hope Money has a solution for. Is there a way to set something so that whenever a payee has a particular word in it a default category will be set? For example we gas up at many different Pioneer gas stations and use credit card. So each one has a slightly different name. "Pioneer #153 Waterloo" is the most often used one and comes up with the default category Automobile: Gasoline, I assume because it's the most used. Other pioneers usually come up with no category and one "Pioneer #75 Kitchen" always ...

RUS / Policies
Hello We are running Exchange 2003 Enterprise on a Windows Server 2003. We have a Recipient Policy for purging Emails and of course the Deafult Rec. Policy. I have checked RUS to find out when these policies are being applied and I have found two RUS's. Bothe are scheduled to run always. My first question is, how can I determined which RUS is being used? I am not sure why we have two RUS's? They both point to the same Domain Controller, domain, exchanges server and have the same schedule - to always run. The only difference is in name RUS (LTDTOO) where LTDTOO is our domain nam...

email account order
Yesterday I added a ninth email account to Outlook 2003, and 8 of them are numbered 1-8, but the 9th has no number. It all works ok, but seems weird. Any suggestions? Tony Linguini <tonylinguini@nospam.inland.com> wrote: > Yesterday I added a ninth email account to Outlook 2003, and 8 of > them are numbered 1-8, but the 9th has no number. It all works ok, > but seems weird. Any suggestions? Apparently Outlook doesn't generate an Alt-shortcut to the ninth account. Those numbers are so that you can press Alt>n>X (where X is the number). Examine the account name i...

Access 2007 force new page property not working for me
In Access 2007, Force New Page property is not working for me. I have tried selecting "Before section", "After section" in the Force New Page properties of the group header and group footer sections of my report, in report design view. Any suggestions? jerry176 ...

How to get paper size from dmPaperSize returned from GetDevMode?
For example, dmPaperSize returns 1 which is DMPAPER_LETTER, how do I calculate the paper size like in this case 8.5"x11"? There are so many paper sizes, is there any function call to calculate based on the return value of dmPaperSize or mapping between the value of dmPapersize and actual size? Thank you. The reason I asked the question was because dmPaperLength and dmPaperWidth are 0 for some printers. Also, my HP laserjet returns as a color printer (dmColor = 2) from GetDevMode call. Anyone knows why? ...

send email as message
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi - I'm migrating from pc to Mac. <br><br>On the pc microsoft version of publisher and word there is an option to send my created page as an email (not as an attachment but actually in the body of the email). I find this sends really attractive and eye catching emails - newsletters, flyers etc. <br><br>On the mac word (2008 version) it only appears to allow me to send an email as an attachment. I'm seriously impressed with my Mac now, but will be disappointed if such a simple bu...

customize does not work #2
I have 1 WinXP computer that has Outlook 2000 installed as the mail client. When I select "Customize Outlook Today" nothing happens. I do not get the chance to change any of the default configuration of the Outlook Today page. Does anyone know the reason for this? thx in advance. >-----Original Message----- >I have 1 WinXP computer that has Outlook 2000 installed >as the mail client. When I select "Customize Outlook >Today" nothing happens. I do not get the chance to change >any of the default configuration of the Outlook Today >page. Does anyo...

INDEX do not work
hi... I have this cell containing {=INDEX(poeng_1;MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307;poeng_1))} It stopped working. It's supposed to fetch the last numer i a column but not the nulls It shows 0 even though it should say 24 right now.. -- Kind regards ´┐Żyvind Granberg tresfjording@live.no www.tresfjording.com There's nothing wrong with your formula, although it *doesn't* need the CSE entry (if that's what the curly brackets signify), AND it could be shortened to: =INDEX(poeng_1;MATCH(99^99;poeng_1)) OR =LOOKUP(99^99;poeng_1) I would suspect something's differen...

Restrict all Exchange user from receiving from specific domain
hi i'm having Exchange 5.5. and i would like to know if there's any way to prevent the whole user from recieving messages from specific domain. i found only way to prevent a specific user but not all users. your effort is highly appreciated On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 06:07:01 -0700, "Maan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi > >i'm having Exchange 5.5. and i would like to know if >there's any way to prevent the whole user from recieving >messages from specific domain. > > i found only way to prevent a specific user b...

Login failed for user ... Please, what am I doing wrong?
Hello, I configured a SQL Server to remote connections and I have the following connection string: <connectionStrings> <add name="WA.Tasks.Domain.Properties.Settings.WATasksConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=xxx.xx.xxx.xx \SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=WATasks;User Id=wa;Password=wa1111;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> </connectionStrings> I added a login and set the SQL Authentication. Then I set this login as db_Owner and public for that database. But I keep having the error: ...

Hotmail not receiving Email's sent from Outlook if they contain a "insert>picture"
Every time I send an email from Outlook 2003 SP1 (office pro), and I use HTML to compose the message. I want to add an image to a signature on the email. I don't want to link the image to an external address (ie. http://www.ddd.com/logo.gif) as Outlooks blocks these image references on the email recipients side. Seeing that most the people we send email to uses outlook, So I choose to use the "insert > picture > from file" and place the image in. Now the problems come, any other email address I send mail to such as, Gmail, yahoo, various web based email clients, Notes, etc...

How to get Sumi Painting back
I managed to delete Sumi Painting as one of my AutoFormats (open a form in design mode>click Format>AutoFormat) Could someone tell me how to get it back? I've uninstalled, reinstalled and repaired Office - to no avail. Tried renaming the Microsoft Office folder and reinstall - no joy. Went poking around in the Registry and didn't see anything obvious. Its a small thing, but I sure would like to get it back. Anyone? James The file name is: ACSUMIPT.GIF Look for it at: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Bitmaps\Styles\ -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.da...

Group Inbox
We have a group mailbox that 7 people can view (the boss & 6 staff). We often get 'information' emails in that everyone should read. The problem is either they are 'filed' before everyone has read them or they stay in the inbox for months because people are too scared to file them in case someone hasn't read it. My boss wants a way of confirming each person has read the email. We use the flags to define the 'owner' of each email, so each colleague knows who is dealing with a particular issue, but for this we would need 6 flags? We can&#...

Enter key not working in Excel
How do I unlock my 'enter' key in Excel. It works in other programs but has stopped working in Excel. The arrow keys are fine, but I can no longer "return" anywhere using the 'enter' button. Hi one idea: goto 'Tools - Options - Edit' and check that the selection moves after hitting ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dana wrote: > How do I unlock my 'enter' key in Excel. It works in other programs > but has stopped working in Excel. The arrow keys are fine, but I can > no longer "return" anywhere using the 'en...

Non AD user access to internal CRM
We have a client requesting access to a CRM instance in our environment. Is there any way that we can grant an external user access to CRM without having them in our AD? Hi Sixty4! You can do it but you need to create a web portal. We use to do it here at Columbus IT for our clients. Éber Gustavo www.columbusit.com.br "Sixty4" wrote: > We have a client requesting access to a CRM instance in our > environment. Is there any way that we can grant an external user > access to CRM without having them in our AD? > Hi Sixty4, In terms of licensing, CRM 3.0 requi...

Send To\Mail Recipient not working
I have WinXP w/Outlook 2003. When I right click a file and choose Send To\Mail Recipient, the feature does not work. I have got it to work one time by going to Control Panels\Add Remove Programs\Set Program Access and Defaults. There I select Microsoft Windows, (instead of Custom), restart the computer and I can then send to mail recipient, but only one time. After that I get the Error message, Microsoft Office Outlook, The operation failed. This feature works when I select Outlook Express as my default Email client in Internet options. Please can someone help! Thanks in advance. Gregg ...

Filling out address
When I start to type in the name of the person to whom I am sending an e-mail, OE fills out the rest of it, but there is one name where it won't do that! It used to, but won't any more. I have to instead, type in the beginning of the person's e-mail address (which happens to be her last name). Any idea why this is happening, or how to fix it? I have OE 6 and WinXP. ...

convert works suite 2002 to access 2003
I have just purchased office professional 2007. here is the plan: backup all my files and convert them to office 2003, then convert them to my office prof 2007. I believe the word files should be fine but how can I do my data base and spreedsheet files? I hope this is possible. Please Help!!!! On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 08:40:02 -0700, ceo-campbell-farm <ceocampbellfarm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have just purchased office professional 2007. here is the plan: backup all >my files and convert them to office 2003, then convert them to my office >prof 2007. I believe the...

No new email alerts
When I log on line I get an email alert telling me how many emails I have, after that when someone sends me something and I am still on line I do not get an alert telling me I have a new email. I keep my computer updated, I have uninstalled and reinstalled, the box is checked for alerts, I have rebooted, and nothing is working. Can someone help me PLEASE! Thank you Pat ...

Font not in color when I email PDF
I did a quick search on my problem and came accross this previous thread. "Bill Q" & I have the same problem. How do you go about "selecting a color printer" for your publication? To clarify, graphics and clipart are in color but the font is all black. The following is the question and answer to "Bill Q". +++++++++ "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Someone posted if you select a color printer for your Publication, then save as > a PDF, the fonts show color. > > -- > Mary Sauer > http://msauer.mvps.org/ > >...

user account rename ..not being resolved correct on file server
This is truly weird. HaS anyone seen this before.. A User account was renamed cosbor -> cmcdon yesterday. User directory ACL shows cosbor old account, I remove and re-add as cmcdon,hit apply on directory still comes up as cosbor . If I do the same add the user account to a directory a different server it works correctly comes up as cmcdon. It seems if I apply it anywhere on this file server is reverts back to the old account name.I was think DNS but checked and DNS setting is point to the same DC on all file servers. I am puzzled . With the exception of a server reboot I ...

copy address book to another computer
Hello, How can I copy my personal address book from work computer to home computer? Thanks, Jim. What I did was export my address book to the desktop and saved it there. Then I just saved the file to a disc and inserted it onto the other computer's desktop. Then I went to the new computer's email and imported it. I'm sure there's a better way but it worked for me. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >How can I copy my personal address book from work computer >to home computer? >Thanks, >Jim. > >. > How should I export and import? I am new in...

How to put a working calender in Excel
How can I insert a calender that dates could be picked and auto-inserted in Excel? Hi GV, Visit Ron de Bruin's site at: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm --- Regards, Norman "gv" <gv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7818FA95-6DD6-4AB0-9CA1-F18E1AF90AC3@microsoft.com... > How can I insert a calender that dates could be picked and auto-inserted > in > Excel? > "Norman Jones" wrote: > Hi GV, > > Visit Ron de Bruin's site at: > > http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm > > &g...