RPC over HTTPS only + Encrypt data between Outlook and Exchange server Option

I need to clarify the difference between having only RPC over HTTPS setup
and working fine....
and adding the option in outlook 2003 to Encrypt data between Outlook and
Exchange server Option

what i need to know is:

1) what is gained in adding this option?

2) without adding this option what is the security issue?

RPC over HTTP problem
I am running an exchange 2003 server in a mixed mode environment (both Exchange and domain environments) and one of the DCs is a windows 2003 DC. I follow the instructions from Microsoft web site to set it up and could not make it to work as it connects only to TCP/IP instead of HTTPS. The only things I could think of probably because I am running in a mixed mode windows 2000 ? or is it because I havenot converted my Exchange 2003 to native mode? Regards Steven Are all of your DC/GCs Windows 2003? (This is a must.) Are you using a certificate from an internal CA or 3rd party to secure...

Blank Attachments Outlook
When I upgraded to Outlook 2003, I started noticing that the majority of my email attachments appear blank. The attachments that are not affected are files that are associated with programs other than outlook. For example, I can open and save *.doc attachments without any problems. However, when I open routine attachments, outlook opens a window which is blank. If I save the attachment as a *.msg file and then try to open it... it still appears blank. If I open the file with notepad, I can see the actual text of the attachment (along with the other microsoft-generated data). Based on th...

Howto enable https outlook-web-access?
Hi there! Does anybody know a small tutorial which descibes howto enable https-access to the outlook-web-access feature? Thank you in advance, lg John On Wed, 4 May 2005 00:36:04 -0700, "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi there! > >Does anybody know a small tutorial which descibes howto enable https-access >to the outlook-web-access feature? > >Thank you in advance, lg John I'll send you to the complete article: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/OWA_Exchange_Server_2003.html even though you might not need it all for your setup. Tha...

Connectning Outlook to MSN mail account (server names)
I need help trying to connect my outlook to my free MSN mail account. Please help, I need the server names to figure this out or a step by step guide to set this up. I have Microsoft Outlook 2000 Hi Steve please read this here http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/English%20Help.htm#19 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Steve" <aefwolf@msn.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0c9d01c46e8c$73b6c090$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I need help trying to connect my outlook ...

???Drop Down Box with data from 2 columns???
Is there anyway that I can incorporate 2 columns in a drop down box? or a way around this. I have a form with a drop down box that lists phone numbers. I want to be able to select a phone number and match it up with the correct name. Can this be done without VB? You need to tell us what type of drop down box you have. Is this on a userform? Created from the Controls Toolbox or the Forms Toolbar? -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack) To email, remove the NO SPAM. Please keep correspondence to the board, as to benefit others. "TotallyConfused" &l...

data from hyperterminal into excel
I collect data in hyperterminal - every minute one number - I want to put this number with a timestamp into excel - how do I do this ? 1. make sure that the sender supplies the timetag as well as the data 2. Transfer > Capture Text 3. In the file selection, call it something.csv (even though there may be no commas at all) 4. Start When data gathering is complete, use Excel to open the CSV file. -- Gary''s Student "bloechle" wrote: > I collect data in hyperterminal - every minute one number - I want to put > this number with a timestamp into excel - how do I ...

Outlook 2003 Won't Open
Just installed Office 2003 Pro, and everything was nominal except Outlook will not start. Get this error message: Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set folders could not be opened. I did NOT do a custom install. I did an upgrade install over Office XP. Tried the "solution" in the knowledge base that I found in connection with a custom install. No go. Running Win2k with latest upgrades. Connection to our Exchange server at school via VPN. Any ideas? Thanks! HK ...

Data Mining Add-In for Excel 2010
Is anybody using the Excel 2007 version of the data mining add-in with Excel 2010 successfully yet? From what I can fathom out there is no 2010 version yet. There doesn't appear to be any information on setting this up for 2010 including Microsoft. ...

How do I install add-in for data analysis in Excel Pro 2002?
How do I install from the Office 2000 installation disk? Howard wrote: > How do I install from the Office 2000 installation disk? Put Office CD in drive and cancel Intstall when it starts Use Start|Control Panel| Add Remove Programs Locate Microsoft Office; clcik on Change In dialog change the compontents of Excel to include (Data) Analysis ToolPac Now when you start Excel: Tools|Add In; check (Data) Analysis ToolPac best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address If Analysis Toolpak is not available in Tools>Addins, perhaps a "custo...

Outlook Error rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
I am unable to reply to anyone from one of my mail accounts on a certain domain. I recieve the following error. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'reply to name' on 8/14/2003 11:31 PM 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) Can anyone tell me how to fix this? It only happens in Outlook 2003, when I log into webmail I can reply without a problem. Thanks! You need to authenticate to your outgoing server in order to send. You can set that up on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account (click "...

can't delete a task from outlook 2002
When on Outlook 2000 someone sent me a task which I asscepted. Later the person who sent the task was terminated and removed from AD. When I attempt to delete the task I get the following error: "Can't open this item. The property does not exist. The field you want to modify is not valid for this type of item" That's it. I can't delete this item. Any suggestions? I didn't mention that since the original entry date, I've changed to Outlook 2002 and imported my .pst file. These tasks came over with the rest of the mail. >-----Original Message...

Format Data Labels
In Excel 2007 pie chart, there is an option called "format data labels" to let you determine what types of information to show. Unfortunately, whenever you want to change the options from default, Excel will *automatically enable all* labels for your data. I have 100 such data and I just wanna label some, say, the top 10 percentage categories. Bad luck does not only have one that I have to do the same things at least for 10 times (If my boss doesn't ask me to redo for minor modifications). So manually editing the charts are basically impractical, is there any...

Moving data to new drives
I have W2k3 with E2k3 in a clustered envrionment. I have just moved all of my .edb and .stm files to a new set of shared storage. The only thing left on the original drive is a folder that contains the following folders: Config, GatherLogs, Projects and several clust0.0 - clust5.1 8KB files. I need to remove the old disk resource and disks. How can I safely move the afore mentioned files and folders. I think they are related to MS Search instance but I'm not sure. These files are related to the E2K3 full-text indexing feature. Is full-text indexing enabled? If the databases are fu...

Subform not Data Entry
Good Morning, A colleague and I have created a teleslaes database with multiple subforms embedded into 1 main form. The main form works fine but we seem to be having a problem with the subforms. The first sub form has all of its properties set to locked as this is where the call history is stored (we dont want this information accidentally deleted), the second subfrom is unlocked as this is where the new call information is entered (the form is set to data entry) Both of these form are working off the same table, one is purly for seeing the current records the other is for adding new ...

Outlook 2007 via RPC
Hi, I have a XP workstation with Office 2007 working fine. If the computer is not a member of any domain, i can connect Outlook to an external RPC, this works fine, the install goes through fine too. If i then make that computer a member of a local Domain(not a member of the Domain that holds the RPC) and then log into that local domain with full supervisor rights I have connection problems.... "Cannot Open your Default e-mail Folders, You must connect to microsoft exchange with the current user profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file&q...

Outlook Personal Backup
Is it possible to use this for 2 different users? PapaBear <PapaBear@redridinghood.com> wrote: > Is it possible to use this for 2 different users? Yes. -- Brian Tillman ...

Extract Contact Information direct from Exchange Database
Hi Is there a way to extract Contact details direct from the edb file? I know you can use Exmerge to PST mailboxes but am after searching a particular users contact items for a particular set of contact details only. Is this possible to do with Exmerge or any other facility? We have looked at using the Backup software to restore to a dummy mailbox but wondered if there is a facility we can use before going down that route. We don't want the user to know that this is happened, it is sensitive. We are also still on Exchange 5.5, NT4 SP6a. Thanks for any help nmcl72@blueyonder.co.uk ...

Can I manage multiple blackberries via a single Outlook?
Wife & I both have BB. Can we manage both, with separate email addresses, into one Outlook. Hoping to merge contacts and calendars, but keep emails separate. TwoPuttBoy <TwoPuttBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Wife & I both have BB. Can we manage both, with separate email > addresses, into one Outlook. Hoping to merge contacts and calendars, > but keep emails separate. You can define a separate mail profile for each of you. This will, however, necessitate having separate default folders for each of you. Each mail profile can include the other mail profi...

Windows Server 2000 compatibility
Can i install Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 on windows Server 2000? and SQL Server 2000 ? The system requirements for GP 10.0 list Windows Server 2003 SP 1 as the older supported OS. SQL Server 2000 is fine with SP 4. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Mhd.Barada" <MhdBarada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB4F086D-DB15-48CA-86AF-5105070452A0@microsoft.com... > Can i install Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 on windows Server 2000? and SQL > Server 2000 ? Since SQL 2000 is still supported on Windows 2000, you can have your data...

creating data points within collected data
I have some time series data (every hour) but I need my data to line up to a time series of every 15 minutes. Its from March to November its alot of data not to have a short cut for. :) Thanks For example: (what I have) Time data 3/1/2009 0:00 99.12 3/1/2009 1:00 99.07 3/1/2009 2:00 99.06 3/1/2009 3:00 99 3/1/2009 4:00 98.98 But I need to copy the known data cells 99.12 into all the 0:00 times, 99.07 into 1:00 etc etc Time Data (what I need) 3/1/2009 0:00 99.07 3/1/2009 0:15 99.07 3/1/2009 0:30 99.07 3/1/2009 0:45 99.07 3/1/2...

Exchange 2003 Details Templates
I just noticed that some details templates are missing from my Exchange 2003 installation. For example, English template has only "search dialog" and "exchange send options", "user" template that should be in there is missing. Is there any way to reinstall the details templates? I already tried setup with reinstall option, but that didn't help. "MVI" <mikko.vikman@nospam.pp.inet.fi> wrote: >I just noticed that some details templates are missing from my Exchange 2003 >installation. >For example, English template has only "sea...

Activesynch and outlook inbox
i want to synch my inbox in outlook to my pda using activesynch and it wont use the one from my imap account. How can i change this. Thanks ...

RPC over HTTP setup help. RPC DIag returns no results.
I have been trying for several weeks to get RPC over HTTP workign in our environment. I refuse to put an ISA in place and am currently behing a Pix 520 ( which is not the issue, all logs show no denied traffic) I also see no error logs in either of my Exchange servers. Please any help is appreciated. From my Front end Server I see the followign when running RPCDIAG ** Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790] (C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp. C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools>rpcdump /p ncacn_http Querying Endpoint Mapper Database... RpcMgmtEpEltInqNext:(Access is denied....

M04 not copying across split category data when converting from Quicken
I've had enough with Quicken and have taken the plunge to=20 move to Money. I've had to do some tidying up in Quicken=20 but Money now coverts cleanly in about 30secs bar one=20 problem. Any transaction which had split categories in quicken (eg=20 phone bil - rental and call cost)only retains the first=20 split category item. The remain entries all come across=20 as unassigned income =A30. Any suggestions? I've experimented with QIF import which does bring the=20 data in but with 50 accounts and 10yrs of records its=20 going take a long time to use that method. Surely the=20 qui...