rpc over https #11

I'm having trouble getting this to work on Win2003 server running
Exchange 2003 sp1 (for some reason sp2 did not install correctly and
need to re-apply).
The certificate is not installed on the default web site because we
host domains on the server(single server environment). Owa works fine:
https://mail.domain.com, I've made the registry changes for single
server but Outlook still connects with tcp even internally. Anyone get
this working in a hosted environment?

RPC over HTTP problem
I am running an exchange 2003 server in a mixed mode environment (both Exchange and domain environments) and one of the DCs is a windows 2003 DC. I follow the instructions from Microsoft web site to set it up and could not make it to work as it connects only to TCP/IP instead of HTTPS. The only things I could think of probably because I am running in a mixed mode windows 2000 ? or is it because I havenot converted my Exchange 2003 to native mode? Regards Steven Are all of your DC/GCs Windows 2003? (This is a must.) Are you using a certificate from an internal CA or 3rd party to secure...

Howto enable https outlook-web-access?
Hi there! Does anybody know a small tutorial which descibes howto enable https-access to the outlook-web-access feature? Thank you in advance, lg John On Wed, 4 May 2005 00:36:04 -0700, "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi there! > >Does anybody know a small tutorial which descibes howto enable https-access >to the outlook-web-access feature? > >Thank you in advance, lg John I'll send you to the complete article: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/OWA_Exchange_Server_2003.html even though you might not need it all for your setup. Tha...

RPC over HTTP setup help. RPC DIag returns no results.
I have been trying for several weeks to get RPC over HTTP workign in our environment. I refuse to put an ISA in place and am currently behing a Pix 520 ( which is not the issue, all logs show no denied traffic) I also see no error logs in either of my Exchange servers. Please any help is appreciated. From my Front end Server I see the followign when running RPCDIAG ** Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790] (C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp. C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools>rpcdump /p ncacn_http Querying Endpoint Mapper Database... RpcMgmtEpEltInqNext:(Access is denied....

excel question 11-30-09
i am writing a paper for school and i have to calculate the net pay on a spreadsheet. the formula my professor wants me to use is gross pay -( federal tax+state tax) i used formuia =e3-(f3+g3) and it produces a series of #### in the net pay category however if i hover over them it pops up with the correct total .. how do i make it show the total in the box not just a series of number signs? Place the cursor on that particular cell and Do right click>>Format Cells>>Number>>Category>>Select Number and give Ok. Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -...

Outlook 2007 via RPC
Hi, I have a XP workstation with Office 2007 working fine. If the computer is not a member of any domain, i can connect Outlook to an external RPC, this works fine, the install goes through fine too. If i then make that computer a member of a local Domain(not a member of the Domain that holds the RPC) and then log into that local domain with full supervisor rights I have connection problems.... "Cannot Open your Default e-mail Folders, You must connect to microsoft exchange with the current user profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file&q...

Office 2004 update 11.3.9 weirdness
Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 In article <1194878374.217619.309200@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>, pattigibbons@nycap.rr.com wrote: > Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed > it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard > drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? > > mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 The Office updat...

RPC
Since having to repair my windows installation i am now getting these error messages when i try to connect to my Exchange server: A system component, RPC required by outlook to connect to the e-mail server is not configured properly. for more information contact your system administrator. What can i do the resolve this. Do you have these registry keys? REGEDIT4 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\ClientProtocols] "ncacn_np"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncacn_ip_tcp"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncadg_ip_udp"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncacn_http"="...

Creating Appointments 11-22-06
Hi There I am realtively new to CRM and wonder if anyone can offer me assistance. When I set up an appoinment through CRM, it doesnt ping a reminder in Outlook for me. I would imagine the intergration of Outlook and CRM would do this. Should this work or am I expecting to much, or have I got some configuartion to do? Regards Peter If you have the CRM outlook client, go to the CRM, Options menu. On the synchronization tab, ensure that the following are checked: - Appointments I'm attending - Set this computer to be the Synchronizing client - Synchronize the CRM items in my Outlook ...

RPC
I was asked the following question from one of our developers. "Do we have RPC (remote procedure calls) setup with Exchange 2003 and Outlook?" I am running Exchange 2003 SP1. How do I verify this? Thanks, Tyson If you have to ask your answer is probably no. See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833401/en-us hth DDS W 2k MVP MCSE "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:447DD05E-FD4A-47E0-88CD-983A1374497A@microsoft.com... >I was asked the following question from one of our developers. > > "Do we have RPC (remote proce...

Outlook Rules #11
I have written a rule like to following using the Rules wizard but can get it to work. The rule should automatically reply to John but it doesn't Apply this rule after message arrives from John have server reply using Hey Outlook 2002 Windows 200o Pro What mail server are you using? If you have no Exchange server, the server option will not work. If the sender is external to your organization, and you are using Exchange, Exchange denies replies and forwards to the Internet by default. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact...

Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2000 / RPC over HTTP
Howdy all! Just wanted to verify that Exchange Server 2003 SP2 is indeed supported on Windows Server 2000 SP3 and above! Additionally, want to verify that in order to use RPC over HTTP you need to be running Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 (read: that it will not work on a WIN2000/EXCH2003 setup). Thank you! -- Cary W. Shultz Roanoke, VA 24012 Correct. http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/sysreqs/2003.mspx System Requirements for RPC over HTTP on Exchange Server 2003 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3RPCHTTPDep/91dc76e8-e60f-4f9...

RPC over HTTP #7
I have an Outlook 2003 client that is connecting to exchange server via RPC over HTTP. Whenever Oultook is launched or an active sync is attempted with the client, the user is prompted to enter a username and password. Is there a way to turn this authentication off? Other systems on the network configured for RPC over HTTP access are not prompting for authentication. I'm puzzled by what is causing this. Thanks, Mike Do you have the authentication set to Simple or NTLM? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolic...

RPC over HTTP and internal RPC access?
If I implement RPC over HTTP on an Exchange 2003 server do all the clients have to be configured to use this option or will the clients that connect through VPN or internally using previous versions of Outlook still be able to connect? In other words, is the server still backward compatible once the change is made on the server? Thanks, Mike They will still be able to connect. RPC over HTTP requires client side configs to get it to work right as well... "Mike G." <wet@dog.com> wrote in message news:K9ydndVGTcIrNdDfRVn-iA@pghconnect.com... > If I implement RP...

RPC over HTTP #8
I use Outlook 2003 with SP2 on a windows XP SP2 laptop. I need to configure it so that I can connect to a Small Business Server 2003 that has 15 other users already using Exchange with RPC over HTTP. I configure the Exchange over Internet settings the same as another laptop user but it always gives me the response "Outlook could not logon.....Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action". Any help is appreciated ! ...

rpc over https and Invalid name of server
i hope someone can help.. first I want to use rpc over https for a couple of users that all have 1 main server and that is it. They are running windows 2003 server and exchange2003/sp1 along w/office 2003/sp3. went thru hole process of all steps to get rpc over http working. Also I created a internal standalone version of certificate server. Create certificate with fqdn of exchange server. When i http if fails and will only let me do https which is great. I also do the rpc test and it show correct. I have followed all the steps and it listens on correct ports 6001,6002,6004...My certi...

RPC vs. RPC Out for Linked Servers
When configuring a Linked Server the Server Options tab has check boxes for RPC and RPC OUT. Can someone explain why you would or wouldn't need to enable either of these options? Thanks! Tom Ashby - Panam (Tom Ashby - Panam@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > When configuring a Linked Server the Server Options tab has check boxes > for RPC and RPC OUT. Can someone explain why you would or wouldn't need > to enable either of these options? One of them, has no function at all, as far as I know. The other controls whether you are permitted to make Remote Proce...

Error code 80070103 11-14-09
I'm running windows update after a fresh install of Win 7 Ultimate and it keeps trying to install an ATI driver for my ATI gfx cards and it always fails with this error. I've updated the drivers manually with the most recent ones from ATI's site but it won't recognize that they're above the version Windows is trying to feed me. Should I just hide the update or is there another reason/fix for why this is happening? Thanks! "LordofAscension" <LordofAscension@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E1769BA-F32B-41DB-8B16-A3A325F2CB...

creating invoices 11-11-07
Greetings all- I fear this an elementary question for an advanced discussion group; perhaps one of you could stoop to my level-- I am working on a financial database for a cooperative in rural Morocco; I need to create an invoice form for them that includes client data, purchased items, payments (oftentimes multiple), totals and amounts due. I have attemted to link all of the data by an AutoNumber "TransactionN" in a client data table, however in the form version I inevitable end up with errors or fields that should have data entered are not available. Particulary when I add...

Forecasting 05-11-10
I'm attempting to forecast the amount of money spent on the purchase of company cars for the remaining of the fiscal year. (Column 1: Costs of cars and Column 2: Volume of cars) I've done a simple regression but the Adjusted Square value was 80%. I dont think this would be the best way to forecast. I created an XY scatter chart to view the relationship and it is a direct relationship. I'm not sure which formula to use to obtain a very accurate forecast. Any help is appreciated. I also forgot to mention that I have about three fiscal years worth of historical dat...

TYPE MISMATCH 11-02-07
Hi All, I thought I got this code right until I tried it and got the error message "Type Mismatch". I have not figured out what went wrong. Dim rcdAttend As Recordset, Dtb As DAO.Database Set Dtb = CurrentDb Set rcdAttend = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("PatientAttendance") 'Type mismatch error rcdAttend.AddNew rcdAttend!DDate = DDate1 rcdAttend!DTime = DTime1 rcdAttend!PatientID = PatientID1 rcdAttend.Update It appears the error occured at the level of Addnew. I had to include Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Libr...

RPC over HTTP Failing
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C3AD08.DB501CB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a Win2003/Exchange 2003 (both standard edition) box behind our = Netscreen firewall which I'd like to use for RPC over HTTP. I've = followed the directions in the Exchange Server 2003 Deployment Guide but = can't get Outlook to progress past the login screen. I keep giving it = my credentials and it keeps prompting me for credentials. a.. Server is single Exchange server, so there&...

test #11
xxxx ...

RPC Connections
I have been using exchange 2003 for a year with no problems. I just setup a new server with SBS 2003. All is working well email and OWA. However we wanted to give outside access to sync our smart phones and outlook on our Laptops so I implemented the settings in the article “Implementing RPC over HTTPS in a single ES2003 environment” from msexchange.org (SBS had done most of them.) I can not get the 2003 outlook on my xp pro workstation to connect it gives me: Action could not be completed connection unavailable outlook must be online or connected. I think my issue is DNS My web doma...

Test 11/20
Test ...

Money 2003 #11
Does anyone know how to print a check reister by month or year to date? I have searched everywhere to no avail. ...