RPC over HTTPD while on remote network

Hi Everyone,
I have been successfully able to setup RPC over HTTP on a computer that is
not part of a domain when on the local area network where my domain and
exchange server reside, but I was wondering if there is a way to do it while
not on the LAN.

The main problem I see is that when I select the exchange mail server when
setting up the mail account and I use the FQDN, mail.companyname.com,
outlook is never able to find the exchange server.  when i am on the LAN and
I put the FQDN it changes it to the local network name and everything works.
I feel like I am very close to making it work, but not quite there.

How can I make it so when I select the exchange server by entering the
public FQDN of the mail server it finds the exchange server?

Thanks guys,

Paul

0
pauls2796 (15)

Check this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827330

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833401

--
Regards,

Menko den Ouden
MCP 2003,MCSE 2000, MCSE NT4+I
Netherlands

"Paul Stephenson" <pauls@pswerks.com> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone,
> I have been successfully able to setup RPC over HTTP on a computer that is
> not part of a domain when on the local area network where my domain and
> exchange server reside, but I was wondering if there is a way to do it
> while
> not on the LAN.
>
> The main problem I see is that when I select the exchange mail server when
> setting up the mail account and I use the FQDN, mail.companyname.com,
> outlook is never able to find the exchange server.  when i am on the LAN
> and
> I put the FQDN it changes it to the local network name and everything
> works.
> I feel like I am very close to making it work, but not quite there.
>
> How can I make it so when I select the exchange server by entering the
> public FQDN of the mail server it finds the exchange server?
>
> Thanks guys,
>
> Paul

0
menko (48)

Free Network Marketing Home Business
This Incredible system provides free training (visual, audio and text), websites, step by step setting up and continuous coaching. Find out how to earn legitimate comfortable monthly income. visit: http://classifieds.byindia.com/detail.php?siteid=5805&cityid=127&show_still=1&citydetail=1 General details Sold by Abdul Johar Email Contact seller Location Wint rd, ...

Outlook Web Access on Exchange 2000 doesnt work remotely in IE
I cannot access OWA using IE when trying to access it remotely. I have tried the suggestions in KB 327843 and made no progress. When I access OWA remotely I am asked to login and get a page cannot be displayed error immediately. However if I use another browser(ie. Mozilla Firefox) when I log in the site comes right up. We do have a linux box proxying webmail but up until recently all has been working very well. Anyone have any thoughts? Derek Try checking your language settings in IE. Make sure you have English-US in there. "Derek Schauland" wrote: > I cannot ac...

RPC over HTTP problem
I am running an exchange 2003 server in a mixed mode environment (both Exchange and domain environments) and one of the DCs is a windows 2003 DC. I follow the instructions from Microsoft web site to set it up and could not make it to work as it connects only to TCP/IP instead of HTTPS. The only things I could think of probably because I am running in a mixed mode windows 2000 ? or is it because I havenot converted my Exchange 2003 to native mode? Regards Steven Are all of your DC/GCs Windows 2003? (This is a must.) Are you using a certificate from an internal CA or 3rd party to secure...

RPC over HTTP setup help. RPC DIag returns no results.
I have been trying for several weeks to get RPC over HTTP workign in our environment. I refuse to put an ISA in place and am currently behing a Pix 520 ( which is not the issue, all logs show no denied traffic) I also see no error logs in either of my Exchange servers. Please any help is appreciated. From my Front end Server I see the followign when running RPCDIAG ** Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790] (C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp. C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools>rpcdump /p ncacn_http Querying Endpoint Mapper Database... RpcMgmtEpEltInqNext:(Access is denied....

Remote web workplace for regular server
I have clients with SBS 03 & 08 and they have the Remote Web Workplace feature Is it possible to use RWW on a regular windows 2003 or 2008 server? (Not SBS) Hello David, The RWW isn't available in other versions then SBS. Within Windows 2008 and higher you can have a look into the new Remote desktopn services. Maybe that is an option for you: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd640164(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only r...

Outlook 2003
I have a cleint that has three WinXP computers with MS Office 2003 installed. They would like to keep all of their contacts on their "server" workstation and be able to use and add contacts from all three computers. I have read articles about using share point services or MS Exchange, but nothing in my searches fits this scenario. Please point me in the right direction. Thanks, Joe G. On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 19:02:21 -0400, "Joe Gazda" <email@1on1cc.com> wrote: >I have a cleint that has three WinXP computers with MS Office 2003 >installed. They would lik...

Outlook 2007 via RPC
Hi, I have a XP workstation with Office 2007 working fine. If the computer is not a member of any domain, i can connect Outlook to an external RPC, this works fine, the install goes through fine too. If i then make that computer a member of a local Domain(not a member of the Domain that holds the RPC) and then log into that local domain with full supervisor rights I have connection problems.... "Cannot Open your Default e-mail Folders, You must connect to microsoft exchange with the current user profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file&q...

RPC
Since having to repair my windows installation i am now getting these error messages when i try to connect to my Exchange server: A system component, RPC required by outlook to connect to the e-mail server is not configured properly. for more information contact your system administrator. What can i do the resolve this. Do you have these registry keys? REGEDIT4 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\ClientProtocols] "ncacn_np"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncacn_ip_tcp"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncadg_ip_udp"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncacn_http"="...

Problems connecting with Outlook Remotely
We have an Exchange 2003 Server and we can connect in our office fine, and on via webaccess anywhere. However we cannot connect with Outlook from outside the office. We are using various versions of Outlook including 2003, and it will not connect? We have disabled the firewall and still nothing. The webaccess works fine, not sure what I am missing The information should be help you http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833401 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;840255 -- Jammy "Simple Chris" <Simple Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> �...

how to find system ipaddress in network connection
hi, i want to find system ipaddress in network and i run application in serverside to check whether that system get installed software or not in the particular system in vc++. Thanks and Regards Muthukkumaran.S.A ...

RPC
I was asked the following question from one of our developers. "Do we have RPC (remote procedure calls) setup with Exchange 2003 and Outlook?" I am running Exchange 2003 SP1. How do I verify this? Thanks, Tyson If you have to ask your answer is probably no. See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833401/en-us hth DDS W 2k MVP MCSE "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:447DD05E-FD4A-47E0-88CD-983A1374497A@microsoft.com... >I was asked the following question from one of our developers. > > "Do we have RPC (remote proce...

SQL Server Remote Connection Problem
Hi All, I did RDP to a server that has SQL server named ABCsql. From my local machine, I created a new connection and put ABCsql in Server name dropdown box and selected Windows Authentication/SQL Server Authentication (sa,sa) but it failed to connect using Database Engine. Because I want to remote to the SQL Server: ABCsql but I don't know how to do it. Thanks for any help from you guys. ...

Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2000 / RPC over HTTP
Howdy all! Just wanted to verify that Exchange Server 2003 SP2 is indeed supported on Windows Server 2000 SP3 and above! Additionally, want to verify that in order to use RPC over HTTP you need to be running Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 (read: that it will not work on a WIN2000/EXCH2003 setup). Thank you! -- Cary W. Shultz Roanoke, VA 24012 Correct. http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/sysreqs/2003.mspx System Requirements for RPC over HTTP on Exchange Server 2003 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3RPCHTTPDep/91dc76e8-e60f-4f9...

RPC over HTTP #7
I have an Outlook 2003 client that is connecting to exchange server via RPC over HTTP. Whenever Oultook is launched or an active sync is attempted with the client, the user is prompted to enter a username and password. Is there a way to turn this authentication off? Other systems on the network configured for RPC over HTTP access are not prompting for authentication. I'm puzzled by what is causing this. Thanks, Mike Do you have the authentication set to Simple or NTLM? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolic...

RPC over HTTP and internal RPC access?
If I implement RPC over HTTP on an Exchange 2003 server do all the clients have to be configured to use this option or will the clients that connect through VPN or internally using previous versions of Outlook still be able to connect? In other words, is the server still backward compatible once the change is made on the server? Thanks, Mike They will still be able to connect. RPC over HTTP requires client side configs to get it to work right as well... "Mike G." <wet@dog.com> wrote in message news:K9ydndVGTcIrNdDfRVn-iA@pghconnect.com... > If I implement RP...

RPC over HTTP #8
I use Outlook 2003 with SP2 on a windows XP SP2 laptop. I need to configure it so that I can connect to a Small Business Server 2003 that has 15 other users already using Exchange with RPC over HTTP. I configure the Exchange over Internet settings the same as another laptop user but it always gives me the response "Outlook could not logon.....Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action". Any help is appreciated ! ...

How can I remove a network connection/workgroup in Win 7?
Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium and McAfee antivirus. After I connected the laptop to the local network (don't remember if I created a network connection in Win 7 in the laptop or .), the desktop running Win XP Pro, SP 3 lost access to the workgroup (doesn't find even itself on the workgroup/LAN, while Internet works fine). After some struggle I found that McAfee has a feature that excludes PC:s not having McAfee installed on them! Now to my question: Can McAfee really change settings on other PC:s (?), so that the desktop...

Remote host said: 511 sorry, recipient address has invalid format (#5.1.1
When an outside user tries to email a mailbox on our organisation, she gets the following error: Remote host said: 511 sorry, recipient address has invalid format (#5.1.1 - chkuser) Giving up on <IP address> I have been unable to find much information on this. Can anyone here advise? Many thanks. Are you certain that the user address is being input correctly. Does this happen with all senders or just one? Nue "QH" <quentinhudson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1150719640.118329.13220@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > When an outside user tries to email a mail...

rpc over https and Invalid name of server
i hope someone can help.. first I want to use rpc over https for a couple of users that all have 1 main server and that is it. They are running windows 2003 server and exchange2003/sp1 along w/office 2003/sp3. went thru hole process of all steps to get rpc over http working. Also I created a internal standalone version of certificate server. Create certificate with fqdn of exchange server. When i http if fails and will only let me do https which is great. I also do the rpc test and it show correct. I have followed all the steps and it listens on correct ports 6001,6002,6004...My certi...

RPC vs. RPC Out for Linked Servers
When configuring a Linked Server the Server Options tab has check boxes for RPC and RPC OUT. Can someone explain why you would or wouldn't need to enable either of these options? Thanks! Tom Ashby - Panam (Tom Ashby - Panam@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > When configuring a Linked Server the Server Options tab has check boxes > for RPC and RPC OUT. Can someone explain why you would or wouldn't need > to enable either of these options? One of them, has no function at all, as far as I know. The other controls whether you are permitted to make Remote Proce...

RPC over HTTP Failing
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C3AD08.DB501CB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a Win2003/Exchange 2003 (both standard edition) box behind our = Netscreen firewall which I'd like to use for RPC over HTTP. I've = followed the directions in the Exchange Server 2003 Deployment Guide but = can't get Outlook to progress past the login screen. I keep giving it = my credentials and it keeps prompting me for credentials. a.. Server is single Exchange server, so there&...

network password
I keep getting a small box headed 'Enter Network Password' with three sections below headed: Server, User Name and Password, already completed + a small box that can be checked for 'Remember my Password'. I just click 'OK' and everthing is fine, however if I do not (which I may not if I am not at the machine)everything falls over. Is there some way round this e.g.removing it, making it fully aautomatic? Thanks, Graham ...

"Message delivery to the remote domain '<ISP SMTP server>' failed for the following reason: The connection was dropped by the remote host."
"Message delivery to the remote domain '<ISP SMTP server>' failed for the following reason: The connection was dropped by the remote host." For the past couple of weeks I have been getting the above message every 10-15 minutes on Exchange 2000 SP3, Windows 2000 SP4. The SMTP queue also clogs up for a while then suddenly clears out. I have asked our ISP to look at their end & they claim there are no problems. A while ago I had this problem & switching off 8 bit MIME appeared to work (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=262168). I have made no ...

cannon open money without network reinstall
i installed money 2004 from a network resource that i now no longer have access to. the program has worked fine for months, however now when i open money for some unknown reason it immediately and automatically tries to reinstall (or reconfigure?) money from the network resource i originally installed from. because i do not have access to this network resource, i cannot open money at all. why would it try to reinstall after months of use? i've had no other problems with the computer. what can i do? ...

RPC Connections
I have been using exchange 2003 for a year with no problems. I just setup a new server with SBS 2003. All is working well email and OWA. However we wanted to give outside access to sync our smart phones and outlook on our Laptops so I implemented the settings in the article “Implementing RPC over HTTPS in a single ES2003 environment” from msexchange.org (SBS had done most of them.) I can not get the 2003 outlook on my xp pro workstation to connect it gives me: Action could not be completed connection unavailable outlook must be online or connected. I think my issue is DNS My web doma...