rpc errors every 10 days

I've got a weird problem. I have and E2k3 server and and E5.5 server in two
different sites. Every 10 days I have to reboot the E2k3 server to get mail
flowing between them again. Event log shows continuous RPC errors.
Restarting Exchange services on either box doesn't fix it, nor does
rebooting the E5.5 box; it takes a reboot of the E2k3 box to get everything
working again, and mail flows perfectly for 10 days when, like clockwork,
the RPC errors start again. Any ideas? I'm going crazy with this one! No KB
articles regarding RPC errors seem to apply.

Thanks,
Scott

0
me5306 (285)

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 07:57:55 -0600, "Scott" <me@here.com> wrote:

>I've got a weird problem. I have and E2k3 server and and E5.5 server in two
>different sites. Every 10 days I have to reboot the E2k3 server to get mail
>flowing between them again. Event log shows continuous RPC errors.
>Restarting Exchange services on either box doesn't fix it, nor does
>rebooting the E5.5 box; it takes a reboot of the E2k3 box to get everything
>working again, and mail flows perfectly for 10 days when, like clockwork,
>the RPC errors start again. Any ideas? I'm going crazy with this one! No KB
>articles regarding RPC errors seem to apply.
>
>Thanks,
>Scott

What are the exact errors?
0
adavid (8731)
11/17/2005 12:25:03 AM
"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message news:ohjnn15bjrmeooebkvq1bff5ha9rp9kdo0@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 07:57:55 -0600, "Scott" <me@here.com> wrote:
>
>>I've got a weird problem. I have and E2k3 server and and E5.5 server in
>>two
>>different sites. Every 10 days I have to reboot the E2k3 server to get
>>mail
>>flowing between them again. Event log shows continuous RPC errors.
>>Restarting Exchange services on either box doesn't fix it, nor does
>>rebooting the E5.5 box; it takes a reboot of the E2k3 box to get
>>everything
>>working again, and mail flows perfectly for 10 days when, like clockwork,
>>the RPC errors start again. Any ideas? I'm going crazy with this one! No
>>KB
>>articles regarding RPC errors seem to apply.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Scott
>>

> What are the exact errors?

The errors in the event log are continuous groups of three 9316 errors. For
example:

An RPC communications error occurred. No data was sent over the RPC
connection. Locality table (LTAB) index: 13. Windows 2000 error: 62937. The
MTA will attempt to recover the RPC connection. [BASE IL KERNEL 19 520] (12)

The "Windows 2000 error" is some random high number like the one above on
the first error, then 1726 on the next, then 0 on the third. Then the
sequence starts over about 10 minutes later.  Hope that helps with a
diagnosis!

Thanks.

0
me5306 (285)
11/17/2005 8:37:22 PM
Hi Scott, this is the problem with SP! in windows 2003. you have to increase
the maximam transmisson unit on ur firewall and router. otherwise microsoft
has a fix for this. if nothing works you have to deinstall the sp1. this is
what i have done on my server. i have updated all the pacthes manually after
uninstalling sp1.(most of the people never preffer deinstalling sp1) try out
it  will work.

Thanks Manoj Muscat

"Scott" wrote:

> "Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
> message news:ohjnn15bjrmeooebkvq1bff5ha9rp9kdo0@4ax.com...
> > On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 07:57:55 -0600, "Scott" <me@here.com> wrote:
> >
> >>I've got a weird problem. I have and E2k3 server and and E5.5 server in
> >>two
> >>different sites. Every 10 days I have to reboot the E2k3 server to get
> >>mail
> >>flowing between them again. Event log shows continuous RPC errors.
> >>Restarting Exchange services on either box doesn't fix it, nor does
> >>rebooting the E5.5 box; it takes a reboot of the E2k3 box to get
> >>everything
> >>working again, and mail flows perfectly for 10 days when, like clockwork,
> >>the RPC errors start again. Any ideas? I'm going crazy with this one! No
> >>KB
> >>articles regarding RPC errors seem to apply.
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>Scott
> >>

> > What are the exact errors?
>
> The errors in the event log are continuous groups of three 9316 errors. For
> example:
>
> An RPC communications error occurred. No data was sent over the RPC
> connection. Locality table (LTAB) index: 13. Windows 2000 error: 62937. The
> MTA will attempt to recover the RPC connection. [BASE IL KERNEL 19 520] (12)
>
> The "Windows 2000 error" is some random high number like the one above on
> the first error, then 1726 on the next, then 0 on the third. Then the
> sequence starts over about 10 minutes later.  Hope that helps with a
> diagnosis!
>
> Thanks.

"Manoj Oommen Muscat 99206988"
<ManojOommenMuscat99206988@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Scott, this is the problem with SP! in windows 2003. you have to increase
>the maximam transmisson unit on ur firewall and router. otherwise microsoft
>has a fix for this.

I believe this is the one he's alluding to:

Installing security update MS05-019 or Windows Server 2003 Service
Pack 1 may cause network connectivity between clients and servers to
fail [898060]

>if nothing works you have to deinstall the sp1.

Or you could just reduce the size of the MTU for the NIC. Use "Method
#3" in this KB article and set the MTU size to, say, 1200:

Recommended TCP/IP settings for WAN links with a MTU size of less than
576

>this is
>what i have done on my server. i have updated all the pacthes manually after
>uninstalling sp1.(most of the people never preffer deinstalling sp1) try out
>it  will work.

Or you could fix the problem. :)

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Access date in 1 field and day in another
I have a Form that allows me to enter the date in one field and the day of the week (as a 3 letter day) into another field. I want to have the day computed once it has been entered into the date field, so I don't have to enter the day in the day field. How can this be done and what area does the code get placed? Thanks for any and all help. George, You can use the AfterUpdate event of the date control, something like: Private sub txtDate_AfterUpdate if isdate(me.txtDate) then me.txt_DayOfWeek = format(me.txtDate, "ddd") else me.t...

RPC over HTTP problem
I am running an exchange 2003 server in a mixed mode environment (both Exchange and domain environments) and one of the DCs is a windows 2003 DC. I follow the instructions from Microsoft web site to set it up and could not make it to work as it connects only to TCP/IP instead of HTTPS. The only things I could think of probably because I am running in a mixed mode windows 2000 ? or is it because I havenot converted my Exchange 2003 to native mode? Regards Steven Are all of your DC/GCs Windows 2003? (This is a must.) Are you using a certificate from an internal CA or 3rd party to secure...

Error message in Outlook 2007 AND Shutdown error in Outlook
I USED to have Microsoft Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing installed and functioning (and the Inbox still has a a subfolder named Access Data Collection Replies). For some unknown reason, that add-in is no longer functioning correctly and does not send/receive data as it used to and I can't find where to get the program to re-install it. The problem is two-fold - first, anytime I now select any email message to read, I receive an error message titled 'Custom UI Runtime Error in Microsoft Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing&#...

Error (81)
I Just upgraded my Office to Office Pro 2003 and now every-time I click the < TO...> to get the contact list to send an email mail, I get "Can't Contact LDAP Directory Server (81) Any help would me appreciated Laser Laser <laserfrk_remove_@hotmail.com> wrote: > I Just upgraded my Office to Office Pro 2003 and now every-time I > click the < TO...> to get the contact list to send an email mail, I > get > "Can't Contact LDAP Directory Server (81) > > Any help would me appreciated If you don't want to connect to the LDAP server, c...

*Second* Zero-Day Excel Flaw
F Y I http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6085982.html?tag=nl.e589 -- Regards, RD ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit ! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------- Has anyone tried the Windows Live Safety Center ? Biff "RagDyeR" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message news:uLpEKnTlGHA.4444@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >F Y I > > http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6085982.html?tag=nl...

CRM v4 no internet installation error
Hi all: I am trying to install v4 on a machine without internet access by following a post at: http://www.philiprichardson.org/blog/post/Installing-CRM-40-without-Internet-Access.aspx The post says that the following folder structure is needed: .. \Redist\i386\VCRedist\vcredist_x86.exe .. \Redist\i386\VCRedist\vcredist_x64.exe .. \Redist\amd64\VCRedist\vcredist_x64.exe .. \Server\i386\SetupServer.exe However no matter where I put the VC redistributable file I get an installation failure with the message "The system cannot find the file specified". I thought it might be because...

Outlook 2007 via RPC
Hi, I have a XP workstation with Office 2007 working fine. If the computer is not a member of any domain, i can connect Outlook to an external RPC, this works fine, the install goes through fine too. If i then make that computer a member of a local Domain(not a member of the Domain that holds the RPC) and then log into that local domain with full supervisor rights I have connection problems.... "Cannot Open your Default e-mail Folders, You must connect to microsoft exchange with the current user profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file&q...

Excel Error Message #8
Hi~ I am using Windows 98. I have a spreadsheet that contains macros - which are from a safe source. The spreadsheet has a total of 8 worksheets. The first two worksheets have data, the remaining worksheets have charts which are based off of the second worksheet. The first tab is called "Input 2" and the second is called "Total $s and Per Hr 04". The data in the "Input 2" worksheet is from Access - and the "Total $s and Per Hr 04" sheet is the same data in a more appealing format. When I try and have a cell in the Total $s tab reference ano...

Stop: c0000218 error on OEM Laptop
Have read a few discussions on the repair of this error, but all seem to mention that the fixes are generally for NON OEM XP machines. This XP laptop does not have it's own XP CD, but the owner did make a set of recovery dvds about 3 years ago. I asked the owner if there was anything on the laptop that he wanted saving and he was only worried about programs in general. If I do a recovery with the supplied recovery DVDs, will it over write or delete any of his programs? TIA kleefarr wrote: > > If I do a recovery with the supplied recovery DVDs, will ...

Errors: R6025 and Friends
Hello All! We have a problem... which actually may be 2 problems with one of our large C++ 6.0 projects. Problem #1: On one of our test servers, we are getting an error whenever we EXIT our program that looks like the following: ----------------------------- Runtime Error! Program: [path and name] R6025 -Pure virtual function call [OK button] --------------------------- I have found the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125749 So I decided that I will run this program in Debug mode on the test server and set a breakpoint in the ATLIMP.CPP _purecall() function (I h...

RPC over HTTP setup help. RPC DIag returns no results.
I have been trying for several weeks to get RPC over HTTP workign in our environment. I refuse to put an ISA in place and am currently behing a Pix 520 ( which is not the issue, all logs show no denied traffic) I also see no error logs in either of my Exchange servers. Please any help is appreciated. From my Front end Server I see the followign when running RPCDIAG ** Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790] (C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp. C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools>rpcdump /p ncacn_http Querying Endpoint Mapper Database... RpcMgmtEpEltInqNext:(Access is denied....

RPC
Since having to repair my windows installation i am now getting these error messages when i try to connect to my Exchange server: A system component, RPC required by outlook to connect to the e-mail server is not configured properly. for more information contact your system administrator. What can i do the resolve this. Do you have these registry keys? REGEDIT4 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\ClientProtocols] "ncacn_np"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncacn_ip_tcp"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncadg_ip_udp"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncacn_http"="...

Exchange 2003 Errors
Greetings, Exchange has been runnning fine until this morning. I have received the following internal email BILBO has reported a Error. Reported status is: Queues - Unknown Drives - Unknown Services - Error Memory - Unknown CPU - Unknown If I restart the machine I receive some external emails then i receive the above. I cannot telnet from an external source internal yes. I am behind isa 2004 . I am in a lab setup so i can learn this product, any help would be well received Brad "Bradley Mitchell" <alyzarr@hotmail.com> wrote: [ snip ] >If I restar...

RPC
I was asked the following question from one of our developers. "Do we have RPC (remote procedure calls) setup with Exchange 2003 and Outlook?" I am running Exchange 2003 SP1. How do I verify this? Thanks, Tyson If you have to ask your answer is probably no. See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833401/en-us hth DDS W 2k MVP MCSE "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:447DD05E-FD4A-47E0-88CD-983A1374497A@microsoft.com... >I was asked the following question from one of our developers. > > "Do we have RPC (remote proce...

Re: Error Codes
I cant send or recieve email a box asking me to enter user name and password keeps appearing and when i press ok it keeps coming back. i also get this message Unable to send or receive messages for the Btinternet (carol.jsmith) account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account. Server Error: 0x800CCC90 Server Response: -ERR [AUTH] Error logging in. Please visit http://mail.yahoo.com Server: 'mail.btinternet.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92 Proto...

not enough system resources available error
Hey Everyone, I recently setup a brand new user workstation in my office. The system is running Windows XP Pro and only has about 3 other third party software packages installed.(Microsoft Office 2003, some Factory Business card software, and Timeslips accounting program.) Now for some reason when the user trys to view an email from his/her exchange account using Outlook 2003 an error occurs. The error is as followed. "Can't open this item there are not enough system resources available for this operation" This happens when trying to open an email or reply to an email. Can some...

Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2000 / RPC over HTTP
Howdy all! Just wanted to verify that Exchange Server 2003 SP2 is indeed supported on Windows Server 2000 SP3 and above! Additionally, want to verify that in order to use RPC over HTTP you need to be running Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 (read: that it will not work on a WIN2000/EXCH2003 setup). Thank you! -- Cary W. Shultz Roanoke, VA 24012 Correct. http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/sysreqs/2003.mspx System Requirements for RPC over HTTP on Exchange Server 2003 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3RPCHTTPDep/91dc76e8-e60f-4f9...

email error
I have been trying to send out an email to what I know is a valid email address and I receive the following error message. "550 not local host email.com, not a gateway" Any suggestions? ...

access 2007 how to fill a field in every record with a certain val
It was easy in access 2003 Much obliged dennist On Wed, 9 May 2007 03:54:04 -0700, dennist685 <dennist685@nospam.gmail.com> wrote: >It was easy in access 2003 Should be easy in 2007, though the user interface is certainly different. I'd use an Update Query. What have you tried? John W. Vinson [MVP] How do I do an update query! I found queries, but no update query. thanks, dennis "John W. Vinson" wrote: > On Wed, 9 May 2007 03:54:04 -0700, dennist685 <dennist685@nospam.gmail.com> > wrote: > > >It was easy in access 2003 > ...

UML Collaboration Diagram Error
I'm using Visio for Enterprise Architects SP1. In a UML Collaboration diagram when I try to connect two Classifier Roles via Association Role I keep getting the following error message: UMLE00080: Link1[AssociationRole] : [ClassifierRole - WFR1] - The association roles connected to the classifier role must match a subset of the associations connected to the base classifier. Thanks. ...

RPC over HTTP #7
I have an Outlook 2003 client that is connecting to exchange server via RPC over HTTP. Whenever Oultook is launched or an active sync is attempted with the client, the user is prompted to enter a username and password. Is there a way to turn this authentication off? Other systems on the network configured for RPC over HTTP access are not prompting for authentication. I'm puzzled by what is causing this. Thanks, Mike Do you have the authentication set to Simple or NTLM? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolic...

Error Accessing File
I have several problems and need to explain them slowly, that is why I ask for a nurse maid. I am using Access 2000 but ultimatley must convert the Database to Access 97 for usage in VB6. In my test data base in AC2000 every thing works OK. When I export to the other DB which is also at this time in AC2000 it supposedly exports. When I go to use the code section I get a message "Error Accessing file. Network connection may have been lost." I don't know what is going on and can not make corrections. How do I clear this error? Andy Pagorek Andy this sounds like this ve...

Error in Release version
Hi, when I quit my app (Debug version), everything is OK, but when I set configuration to Release, an error occurs (memory cannot be "written"). I cannot normally debug in Release version, so I can't locate line with error. Please help! -- Deli Read the article "Surviving the Release Version" http://www.flounder.com/debug_release.htm -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Deli" <deli_@ANTISPAMop.pl> wrote in message news:cjch1n$8d5$1@inews.gazeta.pl... > Hi, > when I quit my app (Debug version...

RPC over HTTP and internal RPC access?
If I implement RPC over HTTP on an Exchange 2003 server do all the clients have to be configured to use this option or will the clients that connect through VPN or internally using previous versions of Outlook still be able to connect? In other words, is the server still backward compatible once the change is made on the server? Thanks, Mike They will still be able to connect. RPC over HTTP requires client side configs to get it to work right as well... "Mike G." <wet@dog.com> wrote in message news:K9ydndVGTcIrNdDfRVn-iA@pghconnect.com... > If I implement RP...

MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION error
trying to exmerge a milbox and get the above error in exmerge.log file. The only thing on Microsoft's website is that this might be caused by Antivirus scanning attachements. So I've dsiabled antivirus rebooted machine. Same error. Uninstall antivirus, reboot machine. Same error. What else can i do to fix the issue. Thank You PS: Try to export to pst from Outlook is unsuccessful as well. Get message that some items could not be exported. ...