Routing mails to another domain for the same user in this domain

Hi,

We have couple of outside vendors in our work place who have their email
address here. But they would like to have any email communication that comes
to this email address to be either forwarded or sent to their email address.
I checked in Exchange 2003 to add their email address but could not do it.

Went to the properties of the User /  Exchange General / Delivery Options
and found that I could only add the email address from my AD and could not
add the users outside email address.

Any suggestions or is there a way to do it?

thanks,
Neil

We usually create contacts for the external person then set the alternate
recipient to the contact.

0
mattee76 (43)
12/22/2006 3:52:08 PM
Create a Contact for the user's external address - go to Delivery Options
and forward to the Contact.

Alternatively, if no logon capabilities are required, you can simply create
a Contact so user gets all email redirected to their external address.
If logon capability is required, you can create a mail-enabled user (with no
mailbox) - this behaves like a Contact but provides ability to logon.
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Neil" <neil.christopher@xyz.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We have couple of outside vendors in our work place who have their email
> address here. But they would like to have any email communication that
> comes to this email address to be either forwarded or sent to their email
> address. I checked in Exchange 2003 to add their email address but could
> not do it.
>
> Went to the properties of the User /  Exchange General / Delivery Options
> and found that I could only add the email address from my AD and could not
> add the users outside email address.
>
> Any suggestions or is there a way to do it?
>
> thanks,
> Neil

0
bharat3597 (1006)
12/22/2006 4:00:10 PM
Great help and thanks guys, this was really helpful.

In news:O3A0x0dJHHA.4760@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl,
Neil <neil.christopher@xyz.com> typed:
> Hi,
>
> We have couple of outside vendors in our work place who have their
> email address here. But they would like to have any email
> communication that comes to this email address to be either forwarded
> or sent to their email address. I checked in Exchange 2003 to add
> their email address but could not do it.
> Went to the properties of the User /  Exchange General / Delivery
> Options and found that I could only add the email address from my AD
> and could not add the users outside email address.
>
> Any suggestions or is there a way to do it?
>
> thanks,
> Neil

Do they need to have a full mailbox on your system at all? Or, do they just
need to have an e-mail address on your domain? If the latter, you have a
couple of choices -

1. (my preference) - create mail-enabled (not mailbox enabled) accounts for
them, and assign them both their internal & external addresses in the Email
Addresses tab. Make the external one the default (and untick the option to
update from the recipient policy). They'll show up in your GAL. Mail sent to
joebloggs@mydomain.com will come in (from internal senders, or external
senders) and be sent out to joebloggs@externalisp.com .
or
2. Create both a mailbox and an AD contact...the latter with the external
address. In the mailbox properties, use delivery options to send a copy of
all inbound mail to the AD contact (and don't keep a copy). Hide the contact
from the address book.

0
lanwench (7567)

Exchange 2k3
Greetings, What's the easiest way to setup exchange to email the admin when a user's mailbox is either at the warning or prohibit limit? Thanks! FGJ You should be able to create a system policy, then right click your server in ESM, there should be a policy tab or something to that affect that has settings to configure intervals and a setting to have reports sent to an admin. James Chong Frank G wrote: > Greetings, > > What's the easiest way to setup exchange to email the admin when a > user's mailbox is either at the warning or prohibit limit? > > Than...

Re: No Mail icon in the Control Panel!?
You could also try creating a shortcut directly to C:\Program = Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033\mlcfg32.cpl (or the comparable = location on your machine).=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message = news:... The Mail applet is a 32-bit applet, not a 64-bit ap...

How to create mailing list
How can we create a mailing list to send email to a group of person who all belong to that group? Please advise. I read your documentation on the internet but it seems that my version of vista mail does not have it. Thank you in advance for your help Rolland "Rolland & Nycole" <rb.merlin@videotron.ca> wrote in message news:OGWUWwuPLHA.2104@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How can we create a mailing list to send email to a group of person who > all belong to that group? Please advise. > > I read your documentation on the internet but it seems...

552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation #3
I'm trying to recieve a monthly news letter. when the company sends the message they recieve the following error."552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation" I have no storage limits on my Exchange 2003 sp1 server. When they send the mail without the HTML content I recieve it. When they add the content it gets the error. Can anyone help. this is a very important email that my company needs to recieve. I can recieve at my hotmail account so it has to be a problem on my server. Could it be the amount or type of headers? I can't even find any settin...

Old mail account data file won't delete #2
A while back I had set up a new mail account (IMAP- based), and with that Outlook created a new data filed named by the mail server I connected to. When I no longer used that mail account, I deleted it through Tools | E-mail Accounts | Remove. However, the data file still shows up in the "All Mail Folders" pane, and I'd like to remove it. But, if I click on the entry, I get an error message that says, "The set of folders could not be opened." If I right-click on it and choose "Close [datafilename]", I get this error message: "The message interfac...

How to disable mail from the world, yet keep inter office mail functional?
I've been asked to shut down mail access for a user who is running some private clubs via our company email. I have to close internet mail, yet leave office mail up. Which protocal is best used for this? I'm running Exch 2000, on an AD Domain. Thanks C.J. In article <484e01c3e448$d3ae4e60$a001280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I've been asked to shut down mail access for a user who > is running some private clubs via our company email. > I have to close internet mail, yet leave office mail up. > Which protocal is best used for this?...

Sending mail to multiple contacts
Hi- I often send mail to a whole group by category. So, I sort by category and choose the category then choose "send new message to contact". This puts everyone in the "To" field. My problem is that some of these contacts have more than one email address (i.e. email1 and email2 etc.). I want to be able to send email to both addresses, but it doesn't allow that, I only get one of the two. Is there a workaround for this so I can get both Email1 and Email2? Thanks Doug Only if you create duplicate contacts with a different default address. Another way to go would be to...

e-mail clients are saying "I am here" to spammers
Microsoft e-mail readers seem to give opportunity to spammers to detect that the e-mail recipient, which is you, actually exists and know that you recieve and view the e-mail they are sending to you. Although some HTML content in e-mail is not viewed for security reasons, images are fetched from their associated web servers when the e-mail is previewed/viewed. This gives spammers an opportunity to detect that the e-mail has been delivered and at least previewed. Procedure is easy. Simply place an image with a known ID within the e-mail you are sending and tell your web server to keep track o...

users in GAL going to Junk e-mail
I have a user who is getting mail from users in the Global Address List going into his junk e-mail folder. He has no rules regarding this. I was under the impression that someone in the GAL could not be considered junk senders. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you! Andy Siegel Andy Siegel <AndySiegel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a user who is getting mail from users in the Global Address > List going into his junk e-mail folder. He has no rules regarding > this. I was under the impression that someone in the GAL could not > be considered junk sende...

Accessing Outlook Express for Multiple Users in XP
Is there a way for 2 users in Windows XP to be able to access the same Outlook Express account? In Windows ME, there weren't multiple "users"...we'd both like to have access to Outlook. Thanks to anyone who can help! See if http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com has the information you need. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions ...

routing mail with routing group
Folks, I am having problems routing mail within a routing group.. Any ideas Regards Hi, Perhaps you can be a bit more specific? In general the Exchange servers should be able to communicatie with the active directory/dns and with smtp to eachother. In case you are using an internal firewall sometimes ports get blocked that are needed for the communication such as smtp en the linkstate port (tcp 691). Regards, Steven "ricky" <rakumi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eVcLmk4DFHA.3256@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Folks, > I am having problems routing mail within a ...

working with remote users
I have 5 users using a database remotely. They all work from home and/ or out at the client. The never return to the main office which is just someone's house. We have set up a system to collect the data they are entering into the system. I wanted a way to let them share lookup tables through the internet. Does anyone know how this might be handled? Also, does anyone have a good method for notifying the user that there is an update? Right now the users update the system by downloading a new version through FTP. I was hoping for a way that when they open their version, it checks to...

mail merge in word from excel
I am doing a merge in word using excel data. The spreadsheet has numerous columns which are being pulled to the merge. The first column can contain a name and the second can contain a number. All further columns follow that same pattern. I have some blank fields in excel in all columns and do not want them to print on the merged document. It is not printing the fields that are blank in the name columns but is printing a 0 in the number columns that are actually blank in excel. Is there a way around this?? (I've already tried formatting the excel columns as text and general) For exa...

Apply Recipient Update Policy to users in 1 OU
How do I properly configure a filter rule for an Exchange (2003) recipient policy so that it only applies to a specific OU? I want users created within 1 OU to have a recipient policy applied to it. That policy will only apply to users in that OU so it will have a higher priority than the default recipient policy. I've created such a policy and the syntax looked like this, where OU is Tampa but the policy never applied to users in the OU. (&(ou>="")(name=Tampa*)) I found this http://msdn.itags.org/exchange-server/157858/ which says you can...

mail and calender
I believe I used to see a small calender on the right of my screen when in outlook mail. It would also spell out the nature of upcoming appointments. Can't seen to recall this option. Please help. It's called the Date Navigator. How you get it back on depends on your version. Please enlighten us - which version of Outlook are you running????? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Sc...

Inbound mail issue after upgrade
I recently went from an exchange 2000 server to 2003 but installed it on another server. I had both servers rnning side-by-side and then I moved all teh mailboxes a little at a time. Well, everything has been moved and I haven't taken the old server out of the mix yet until I am sure that it all works on the new server independantly. It seems the only issue that I have is with SMTP. I currently have all teh EXCHANGE services stopped on teh old box but when I stop the SMTP service I stop receiving mail. Once I put the SMTP service back on I receive mail again. Can anyone tell m...

Mail Merge #10
I am running mail merge and need to connect to another .DBF file with identical field names. When I try to do it using the wizard it doesn't connect. Correct. You will have to manually navigate to the new file. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" ...

How to delete a user?
CRM 1.2 up and running OK. However I made a mistake when setting up a user and wish to delete them but can't for the life of me work out how to do it. - Scoured Google, CRM help etc. all to no avail! Any ideas anyone ? Ta in advance... ...

email routing
I am trying to send a press release to multiple newspapers. Can I send it one time to multiple papers without each of them seeing the others that are getting it? I am not referring to bcc's. When the email is received by each paper in it would only show one paper in the To: line. Am I being clear. I have a POP 3 using Outlook and I have Internet Explorer. Thanks -- Brigid kiola <kiola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to send a press release to multiple newspapers. Can I > send it one time to multiple papers without each of them seeing the > others ...

New mail notification
I'm currently evaluation Exchange 2003 on a win2k server and am having a problem w/ new mail notification. I was under the impression that upon receiving a new message, the server would contact my outlook 2003 client to let it know new mail has arrived. This isn't happening - I have to click send/receive to retreive the message or wait the 5 minutes I have outlook set to check for new messages. Is there something I have to setup on the exchange server to enable this functionality? Thanks for the help. Michael Are you running Outlook 2003 in Cached Mode? To check go to Tools, Ema...

Graphics and attached file in e-mail activity / quick campaigns e-mails
Hi. We have migrated from Siebel to MS CRM 4.0. We are happy with the decision, but very disappointed by the default options on e-mails, especially e-mails in quick campaigns: - Graphics cannot be inserted, e.g. a company logo - A file, e.g. a PDF, cannot be attached Can anyone help with a workaround, or any tips on a third party add-on / tool that can expand the functionality in CRM? We have tried deferent workarounds: - Export the targets e-mail addresses to Excel. Design the e-mail in Word, and send the e-mails from Word via the Excel list merge. That solves the graphics issue, but...

Unable to login to Vista User Profile.
Hi, On my laptop I am 2 User Accounts created (1) Administrator (2) Admin Generally I keep on logging in with Admin User ID. Suddenly I started facing problem with this profile.. Whenever I try to login with Admin it is getting logged in as Temp Profile instead of Admin Profile. After it gets logged in with Temp Profile I get a popup message right side crowner stating that all changes will be lost if you logoff as you have logged in as a temporary user. Can any one of you help me with the steps to retrieve my Admin User Profile? Thanks & Regards Krishnamurthy Kri...

E-mail set up
windows xp, want to set up outlook 2007 to work with my hotmail account. seems that I am not entering the correct info for the INCOMING MAIL SERVER and the OUTGOING MAIL SERVER. What should they be "Really lost" <Really lost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93770890-D37D-4717-8311-E143DFB73A2F@microsoft.com... > windows xp, want to set up outlook 2007 to work with my hotmail account. > seems that I am not entering the correct info for the INCOMING MAIL SERVER > and > the OUTGOING MAIL SERVER. What should they be > You can't use Hotmail i...

Contacts Group Mailing
I'm using Outlook 2000 Internet Only in XP and can't find the answer to my question in "Help." I wonder if I might ask it here? I've built a group of about fifty individuals in my Contacts - just as a Group. I want to mail them something and not have individual e-mail addresses show. When I compose my letter only the Group Title appears in the To space. Is that all the recipients will see too? I don't want them to see all the e-mail addresses and don't want to send until I'm sure that's all they'll see - the Group Title that is. Many of you must...

Another Report Question
I have set up a report that filters with a form containing a couple of combo boxes. Everything filters perfect. If I scroll through the pages of my report, I get the following message: "The value you entered isn't valid for this field" "For example, you may have entered text in a numeric field or a number that is larger than the FieldSize setting permits" OK Everything seems to filter and the report prints fine. I just don't know why this box comes up on some of the pages. What field are they talking about? That all the information it gives me. Could some one h...