Routing Group Connection

Hello all,

We have a problem with a new company we purchased being on the same ip range
as one of our other companies.  this is causing the obvious problems so we
have isolated the 2 centre and they can no longer talk to each other.

The problem is they are both in the same exchange org and need to send mail
between the servers.  We have multiple routing and admin groups all with RG
connectors to each server.   I want to push mail from server 1 to server 2
via server 3 basically so the 2 servers can deliver mail for the users.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
0
LeeCarass (11)

Add a second NIC to each Exchange server with an IP from a different subnet.
Make sure mail routes over this NIC. Obviously you should test this in a
lab.

Nue
"Lee Carass" <LeeCarass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> We have a problem with a new company we purchased being on the same ip
> range
> as one of our other companies.  this is causing the obvious problems so we
> have isolated the 2 centre and they can no longer talk to each other.
>
> The problem is they are both in the same exchange org and need to send
> mail
> between the servers.  We have multiple routing and admin groups all with
> RG
> connectors to each server.   I want to push mail from server 1 to server 2
> via server 3 basically so the 2 servers can deliver mail for the users.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
imaneophyte (3004)
6/6/2006 1:36:21 PM
Thanks for the reply.  Is there no way or routing the mail through exchange
and a different exchange server.

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Add a second NIC to each Exchange server with an IP from a different subnet.
> Make sure mail routes over this NIC. Obviously you should test this in a
> lab.
>
> Nue
> "Lee Carass" <LeeCarass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello all,
> >
> > We have a problem with a new company we purchased being on the same ip
> > range
> > as one of our other companies.  this is causing the obvious problems so we
> > have isolated the 2 centre and they can no longer talk to each other.
> >
> > The problem is they are both in the same exchange org and need to send
> > mail
> > between the servers.  We have multiple routing and admin groups all with
> > RG
> > connectors to each server.   I want to push mail from server 1 to server 2
> > via server 3 basically so the 2 servers can deliver mail for the users.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

0
LeeCarass (11)
6/6/2006 1:44:02 PM
A different Exchange server would still need an IP address from a different
range so it seems overkill to add an Exchange server when it could be
achieved by using a second NIC.

> Thanks for the reply.  Is there no way or routing the mail through
> exchange
> and a different exchange server.
>
> "Nuevo" wrote:
>
>> Add a second NIC to each Exchange server with an IP from a different
>> subnet.
>> Make sure mail routes over this NIC. Obviously you should test this in a
>> lab.
>>
>> Nue
>> "Lee Carass" <LeeCarass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello all,
>> >
>> > We have a problem with a new company we purchased being on the same ip
>> > range
>> > as one of our other companies.  this is causing the obvious problems so
>> > we
>> > have isolated the 2 centre and they can no longer talk to each other.
>> >
>> > The problem is they are both in the same exchange org and need to send
>> > mail
>> > between the servers.  We have multiple routing and admin groups all
>> > with
>> > RG
>> > connectors to each server.   I want to push mail from server 1 to
>> > server 2
>> > via server 3 basically so the 2 servers can deliver mail for the users.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.

0
imaneophyte (3004)
6/6/2006 2:03:45 PM
Ok but we have 14 exchange servers that are on different ip addresses and can
talk to both servers.  Could we not just create some kind of connector that
forces all mail to another server first?  I don't really want to put another
NIC in as one of the machines is a cluster.

"Nuevo" wrote:

> A different Exchange server would still need an IP address from a different
> range so it seems overkill to add an Exchange server when it could be
> achieved by using a second NIC.
>
> Nue
> "Lee Carass" <LeeCarass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the reply.  Is there no way or routing the mail through
> > exchange
> > and a different exchange server.
> >
> > "Nuevo" wrote:
> >
> >> Add a second NIC to each Exchange server with an IP from a different
> >> subnet.
> >> Make sure mail routes over this NIC. Obviously you should test this in a
> >> lab.
> >>
> >> Nue
> >> "Lee Carass" <LeeCarass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
LeeCarass (11)
6/6/2006 2:58:01 PM
Ahhhh! Well in that case you may almost certainly be able to setup a routing
topology that takes care of your particular problem. Start reading:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3TransnRouting/b7c25326-3fd2-4049-bf3d-dc0e4976a373.mspx?mfr=true

Nue
"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
>A different Exchange server would still need an IP address from a different
>range so it seems overkill to add an Exchange server when it could be
>achieved by using a second NIC.
>
> Nue
> "Lee Carass" <LeeCarass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for the reply.  Is there no way or routing the mail through
>> exchange
>> and a different exchange server.
>>
>> "Nuevo" wrote:
>>
>>> Add a second NIC to each Exchange server with an IP from a different
>>> subnet.
>>> Make sure mail routes over this NIC. Obviously you should test this in a
>>> lab.
>>>
>>> Nue
>>> "Lee Carass" <LeeCarass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
imaneophyte (3004)

Can I use group by clause in DCount
I want to dispaly the total orders for orderid on the form next to Orderid. I tried creating a unbound text box and used Dcount which gives me the total number of records in that table. Where as I want the total number of records for that particular orderid. =DCount("*","[tblTemp]","OrderID") Is this possible? Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201003/1 Yes, but you need to fix your criteria argument. DCount("*","[tblTemp]","[OrderID] =" &...

Help with Pivot table and grouping
I am creating a pivot table that measure the time to place a case using DateReceived and Date Approved. The TimeToPlace would be by pivot and I want to have grouping of 15 like so: 0-15 days 16-30 days etc This is a calculated field. The problem is that sometimes it hasnt been Placed yet and is pending. So one would think - well use an if - do a calculated and return 0 if you have to. Well cases can be received and placed the same day, so 0 days cant be used for pending. I tried returning false, but then I cannot group based on that TimeToPlace because false or null is in there. Any s...

routing mail with routing group
Folks, I am having problems routing mail within a routing group.. Any ideas Regards Hi, Perhaps you can be a bit more specific? In general the Exchange servers should be able to communicatie with the active directory/dns and with smtp to eachother. In case you are using an internal firewall sometimes ports get blocked that are needed for the communication such as smtp en the linkstate port (tcp 691). Regards, Steven "ricky" <rakumi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eVcLmk4DFHA.3256@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Folks, > I am having problems routing mail within a ...

Partition + Grouping
Hi, I'd like to have a program that calculates all the partitions of a string as follows: The partitions of (1, 2, 3) should be: ((1, 2, 3)) ((1, 2), (3)) ((1, 3), (2)) ((1), (2, 3)) ((1), (2), (3)) Thanks in advance, Ram. ...

error connecting to linked tables
I built my own program for logistics purposes and use it on the intranet. Everything was OK till I had to reinstall my computer due to virus attack. Now I cannot connect to linked tables. I always receive message that MS Access encoutered a problem and have to be closed. I installed all updates and SP3 and compatibility pack... no use :( MS error reporting site simply suggests to by new version of office. Now I use 2002 version. Anybody knows the solution? It have to work because almost 4 month it worked! ...

email routing
I am trying to send a press release to multiple newspapers. Can I send it one time to multiple papers without each of them seeing the others that are getting it? I am not referring to bcc's. When the email is received by each paper in it would only show one paper in the To: line. Am I being clear. I have a POP 3 using Outlook and I have Internet Explorer. Thanks -- Brigid kiola <kiola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to send a press release to multiple newspapers. Can I > send it one time to multiple papers without each of them seeing the > others ...

How can I remove an administrative group?
We have a few Exchange servers that have been decommissioned from our Exchange org that were in their own AG. These servers were not removed through an uninstall but just taken off the network and deleted from AD. I am having a problem deleting one of these servers as a connector member, it doesn't do anything when I try and delete. Does anyone have suggestions on how to remove these orphaned AGs from Exchange System Manager? Thanks, Gary ...

totalling a group of worksheets
I want to create a summary worksheet which will total, say, worksheets between a sheet called 'start' and a sheet called 'end' without typing the individual sheet names, so that I can then insert sheets between those called start and end without redoing the formula in my summary sheet. something like =sum(start!A3:end!A3) but this doesn't work ... I know it can be done because i've done it before I just can't work out how to do it now This way: =sum(start:end!A3) Regards, Fred "iguana2go" <iguana2go@discussions.microsoft.com>...

routing
hello, how to under VC 6.0 access windows routing table ?, for example delete one route and add another. What do you mean by routing table? -- Ajay <wojciechfialkiewicz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:17bbf663-d7b8-418d-a1c2-8c0276028489@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > hello, > > how to under VC 6.0 access windows routing table ?, > for example delete one route and add another. It can be read using WMI...long time back I read it in C# using WMI. So, WMI is confirmed...but I don't know how to use WMI in VC++ :) wojciechfialkiewicz@gmail.com wrote: > hello, ...

Contacts Group Mailing
I'm using Outlook 2000 Internet Only in XP and can't find the answer to my question in "Help." I wonder if I might ask it here? I've built a group of about fifty individuals in my Contacts - just as a Group. I want to mail them something and not have individual e-mail addresses show. When I compose my letter only the Group Title appears in the To space. Is that all the recipients will see too? I don't want them to see all the e-mail addresses and don't want to send until I'm sure that's all they'll see - the Group Title that is. Many of you must...

Pivot Table Groupings Fail if 1of the items isn't in the next data
I am Grouping items together in a Pivot Table and everything works fine until I use the next months data. For example, I have different types of earning codes and I am grouping as follows. Codes 1, 3 & 5 = Group A 2, 4 = Group B 6 = Group C If in the next pay period, I do not have any Code 4 Earnings, Group B looses the Group B name, and becomes '2'. It changes every pay period and I rarely have all codes in the same pay period. Hi Jerry Double click on the field Code, and select Show Items with no data. -- Regards Roger...

Adding Distribution Group Permissions to Public Folder
We are currently running a Windows 2003 AD domain with Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Server as our e-mail server in Native Mode. When trying to add a distribution group to the permissions tab of a public folder I receive the following errors: From Exchange System Manager: The operation failed. 80004005 Exchange System manager From Outlook: The modified permissions could not be saved. I found Article ID 274046 referring to a similar issue in Exchange 2000, but nothing for Exchange 2003. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Distribution groups are just that, the...

[Group] Spreadsheets
What does it mean when a spreadsheet title finishes with [Group] ? Why is it not possible to sort the information as A-Z ? -- Billy Hi you have accidentically grouped some sheets. That is you have selected more than one tab with your mouese for example (you achieve this while holding down the SHIFT key and selecting several tabs). Easiest way to get rid of this. Select with your mouse a single tab and the [GROUP] extension should disappear. Note: you can use this grouping mechanismn if you want to change several sheets at one time together >-----Original Message----- >What does...

SMTP connection drops once in a while
We have an Exchange 2003, sp1, and it is the bridgehead server. It has the SMTP connector on it which forwards all outgoing messages to an SMTP server on DMZ (with an IP address forwarding). Recently I have noticed that once in a while during the day the outgoing messages go to the "Messages with an unreachable destination" queue and then the SMTP-Connector queue disappears from the list of the queues. I changed the time out for the SMTP Virtual Server from 10 to 30 to see if that will make any difference, but it did not. After 10, 20 or 30 minutes then it picks up message...

Dutch User Group Conference, International Speakers!!!
Please check this out: Software developers conference may 30-31th may Papendal/Arnhem The Netherlands 90 session covering C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Delphi 32 and Delphi.NET www.sdc.nl Software Developer Network www.sdn.nl The Software Developer Network is usergroup run by software developers for software developers. The goal of the Software Developer Network is to further the knowledge of its members and to form a network of developers. The SDN counts a total of 2000 developers. regards, Erik Visser ...

contact group
I have Outlook 2002 SP3. On each of my 3 machines I have the same issue. I must be doing something wrong. If I go to the address book I have 2 Contact, 1 Real Estate (contacts), and 1 Newsletter lists or contact groups. The first Contact list is defaulted into the list and is empty. How can I get rid of it? If I understand your question correctly you have multiple contact folders in Outlook (2 Contact, 1 Real Estate, 1 Newsletter) and one of the Contact folders is empty. To keep it from being displayed in the Address Book you will need to: 1. Open Outlook. 2. Right click on the Cont...

Connection Error
Hello I'm getting the next message error when I try to logon Microsoft Dynamics GP V9 " Connection Error, please try again or Contact your System Administrator" and click on accept Button, and then quit of the application. This was suddenly I could work properly before and I don't understand what is going on? May you help and support me with this please I'm appreciating in advance your help about this important issue! Socorro socorro_ros@hotmail.com Check first to be sure that the SQL Server is running. If so then check your ODBC connection to be...

Group and Count in Report
I have two tables: 1 - TblData Ptid Loc Discharge Date 2 - TblAnswers Ptid Question1 Question2 Question3 (there are actually 12 questions) I need to count the number of like responses grouped by location to each Question (good, very good, poor, etc) Thanks for any help. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Report Wrtier
On our POs the Line Item information in printed in two rows. On multi-page POs the last line item on will print one line of information and the other on page 2. Is there a way to keep the infomration together? We are on version 10. Report Writer engine is a single pass processing engine, this is, it navigates the tables that it uses to yield data on a report sequentially from top to bottom. This in turn means that Report Writer cannot go back to the previous record and figure out whether it needs to move it to another page before outputing the current record, and as you already kn...

Routing between 2 Routing Groups
I have an organizatiion with 3 exchange servers. 2 routing groups RG1 has 2 servers RG2 has 1 server In RG1 Server 1 has a smtp connector for the organization, Server 2 is the local bridgehead server to connect to RG2. Every time users from RG1 on the server with the SMTP connector with mail to be delivered to the server in RG2 the mail goes out to the internet instead of thru the routing group connector. Is there a setting that will force internal mail to go thru the connector. Any help will be appreciated ...

Global Disable for 'show in groups'
Does anyone know if there is a way to do a global disable on the 'show in groups' feature in Outlook 2003? I manage an abuse box on an IMAP server that adds a new folder for each day. Everytime I add a new day I always have to go to view and uncheck 'show in groups' Thanks! :) Andy Smith ...

Group Policy
Can we provide LOCAL AREA CONNECTION (LAN CONNECTION ) access to a normal user without providing him Administrativr rights.? ...

Two different Email Address policies for two different Administrative Groups
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2003 (sp1) in a pure 2003 native mode environment (including 2003 servers). Up until now we've had just one Administrative Group and I have configured the Default Policy (under Recipient Policies) to automatically generate an email address for new users (%g.%s@aaa.co.uk). I now need to create a secondary Administrative Group and all users in this secondary group will need a different email address (%g.%s@bbb.co.uk). I know I can add System Policies to each Administrative Group but I can't see anywhere to add email address policies within these. Ca...

"File Group Is Full" help!!
I get the following error when I log onto POS. " Error #-2147217900. Could not allocate space for object 'Journal' in database because the "Primary" file group is full" My server has 90Gigs of free space. I set up my database to grow automatically. What do i do? Thanks What version of SQL are you using, MSDE, SQL 2005, etc.? "Tony" <sales@windovers.com> wrote in message news:8BCDDCC7-C24C-421C-BF57-3B217088D913@microsoft.com... >I get the following error when I log onto POS. " Error #-2147217900. Could > not allocate space for objec...

Macro to add a connection point to the center of every circle in a dwg
Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to add a connection point that is relative to a shape, such as the center of a circle. I'm used to doing this in Autocad, but not in visio. Can someone show me how to make a macro or know if one already esists that can find all the circle shapes in a drawing, and insert a connection point at the center of each one. (Usiing visio2003) Thanks in advance.. You might try something like this, Al ' this is called by the following routine to add a standard set of ' connections to the rectangles used Public Function funcAddConnectionPointToS...