Rights to Run LoadSim

LoadSim 2003 very clearly warns that you cannot run it unless you're a
domain administrator, because it "needs" to create accounts. I have tried it
with my permissions, and I can see that they mean it.

Are there any alternative utilities that don't have this restriction?

Is there any way to tweak LoadSim 2003 so that you can focus it on, say, one
OU in which you have been delegated? Even though this is just a test forest,
getting administrator rights on it can be a chore.

0
guppy413 (82)

Running Outlook as Scheduled task
Afternoon, i am looking at setting outlook up to run as a scheduled task on a server that has an application that uses some of the API's to check the public folders for some information. Running the application it opens outlook does what it needs and closes. Running the application as me in the scheduled task and in the processes that are running i can see an outlook session and the application running but it doesn't seem to work like it does when you double click it. I think its because outlook doesn't know who to open as even tho the exe runs as me the outlook p...

Why are the two codes below not getting the right formula for my worksheet event change formula?
Why are the two codes below not getting the right formula for my worksheet event change formula? The remaining ones do work, but these two are not getting the right results. Target.Offset(0, 6).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" Target.Offset(0, 7).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" I'm trying to get both column G & H to show a combined value of data in other columns. Column G should show result by combining data from column E & B, while column H should show result by combining data from column F & C. Column G is showing: =RC[-2]&RC[-5] ...

shortcut mouse right side key
the shortcut key on the right side no longer works in Excel. This is after installing a software inventory control in developed in Excel and removed for free on the Internet. Could anyone help me to run down the right side to link the mouse when using Excel? -- cslgh No menu when you right-click on a cell? Perhaps code from the inventory control program you installed disabled it. Alt + F11 to open VBE. View>Immediate Window. Copy this into that window and hit ENTER key. Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = True Alt + q to return to Excel.............

Giving rights to a user's mailbox
I have a number of users that I have created in my Windows2003 domain that are giving me greif. I have been unable to assign permissions to their mailboxes to give other users the full mailbox right. When I go through the motions of giving the correct rights and then I try to open the mailbox in Outlook by telling it to open an aditional mailbox under the advanced tab I get an error of: Unable to expand the folder. The operation failed. An object could not be found. Any ideas? Thanks Mike Aditional: This is Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I have also tried creating a new profile with t...

Very Easy...Right?
How do I change an existing code from... mynum = Application.InputBox("Select Submission_ID") ....to mynum is located in cell A4 on sheet 1 (ie use the number already located in A4) with no InputBox I've tried.... mynum = Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(R4,C1) mynum = Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(4,1).Value mynum = Range("A4") I've even tried... Range("A4").Select mynum = ActiveCell I just don't know how to tell it to input the number already contained in A4 as the input for the already existing code. i'd use ...

Administrative rights
I'm fairly new to Exchange 2003. I have it running on Server 2000. (I inherited this setup.) I'm trying to enable another user to create IDs and have the AD automatically create the Exchange mailbox at the same time. Whenever they create a user, they are NOT prompted to create the Echange info. That form never appears. I thought the solution was to delegate control to them at the Administrative group level. I set up a group and given it View and Full control. I have set up the user specifically with View and Full Control. Nothing seems to allow him to create mailboxes. ...

how to edit the access right of C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\
I test website, ant get Compiler error: CS0016 Access is denied Compiler need read files from C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\ I could not see the folders under C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\ in explorer. and I can access these file from Command window so these files are there I try to set the security let NETWORK SERVICE and IIS_IUSER have read right but perperty window of assembly folder does not have security tab. help and suggestion needed. Thanks "MXC" <mxchen100@hotmail.com> wrote: >I test website, ant get Compiler error: CS0016 Access is denied > &g...

MF_GRAYED for menu items (run time)
HI. I would like to enable and able some of my menu items in run time. Here is the code I have been writing, but it seems not to work, as nothing is gonna happen: BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CTestGLApp, CWinApp) //... ON_COMMAND(ID_REMOVE, OnRemoveData) //... END_MESSAGE_MAP() void CTestGLApp::OnRemoveData () { CSelectDlg SelectDlg; SelectDlg.DoModal(); MyGlobDat.erase(MyGlobDat.begin() + SelectDlg.GetIndex()); if(!MyGlobDat.size()) { CWnd *wind; wind = AfxGetMainWnd(); CMenu *menu = wind->GetMenu(); menu->EnableMenuItem(ID_REMOVE,MF_GRAYED); } } Thanks a lot for your help! ...

RIGHT-Return 10th characters to right
I have an Excel spreadsheet with 25 or more digits in column A. I want to put the 10th digits to the last digit in column B. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance. =RIGHT(A1,10) Regards, Felipe >-----Original Message----- >I have an Excel spreadsheet with 25 or more digits in >column A. I want to put the 10th digits to the last digit >in column B. > >Is there a way to do this? > >Thanks in advance. >. > Jh, =RIGHT(H8,LEN(H8)-9) Dan E "jh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00cf01c398c6$e9f044d0$a5012...

Execution time of several minutes
Hello group! A couple of weeks ago, Bob Phillips helped me with a function that rearranges and sorts my list of run times (for different courses when I've been out running). Now, I'm just wondering, is such a function supposed to take 3-4 minutes to execute (on a slow, 800MHz/384RAM (not the newer, faster type))? For each course that I've run (currently about 15 in the "course list"), the function runs through my list of runs (which consists of results from about 90 runs) so that the script can make a new listing of all runs, but this time grouped by course. Thereafter,...

What macro is run by a button???
Gang, There is a little smiley face button put on the toolbar at one of our computers that runs a macro when pressed. How can we find out which macro is being run???? Thanks Lee Johnson One way, right click on any tool bar (or do tools>customize) and select customize, right click on the button and select assign macro, in the name of the macro is in the name box. For instance if the macro is stored in the personal.xls the name would look like PERSONAL.XLS!macroname now when you know where it is stored you can press Alt + F11 to open the VBE, select the workbook and double click th...

Public folder right is missing!
Hi ou there, Permissions on Public folder tree is missing, users with right to modify or edit folder content are dinied access to the folder tree where they have permission. I used pfdavadmin to see and edit the permission but still the right are not retained. Help! ...

OL2007, Word as editor, right mouse button not showing autocorrection
Normally when using Word and the cursor is over a misspelt word, the right mouse button shows alternative words and various other options. However, when creating a new email in OL, the Word editor uses the right button for Work | Signatures. Can I get it back to the normal Word modality? TIA, Bill "Bill Davy" <Bill@SynectixLtd.com> wrote in message news:OV4P7gdEKHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Normally when using Word and the cursor is over a misspelt word, the right > mouse button shows alternative words and various other options. > > However, whe...

Access app does not run under access runtime
Hi, I developed a serial COM application it runs under access 2000, 2002, 2003 but not under access runtime version 10 (Access Runtime version 2002). The application is compiled to an MDE file. What shall I do to solv the problem? thanks a lot mumose Does the apcpation work on your machine when you use the /runtime switch? if yes, then, it does mean that it should be able to run on a target machine. however, you don't mention if you are in fact using activeX com control, and if you don't install it on the target machine, it will not work... So, have you tired use the /runtime s...

error running mailbox manager
Hi all I am running exchange 2003 in mixed mode on a windows 2003 server. I have been getting errors in the application log that say. This only happens when irun mailbox manager, all email is flowing fine. This error appears to have somehtingto do wit hthe System attendant, but i cant find exaclty what the problem is. Again i only see this when i run mailbox manager. Thanks for any help The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The information store could not be opened. The logon to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer failed. MAPI 1.0 ID no: 80040111-028...

Can't Run 2004 off LAN
I can't run 2004 when I disconnect from my LAN at work where I installed it. I tried to uninstall and reinstall without the connection and deleting all associated files that I could find and it still won't start. So I reinstalled it again connected to the LAN and it works fine. Am I forced to only use this program connected to the LAN? In microsoft.public.money, Reed wrote: >I can't run 2004 when I disconnect from my LAN at work >where I installed it. I tried to uninstall and reinstall >without the connection and deleting all associated files >that I coul...

running out of disk space
I seems to be getting a large number of temp_someFilename.zip in %temp% folder lately like 10 GB in two days. I deleted them a couple of days ago and got disk fill message today, seeing a large number of temp_....zip again in %temp% what is causing this? windows search? i've seen something like this before; could be spyware "GS" <gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS@msnews.Nomail.com> wrote in news:uig186UqKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl: > I seems to be getting a large number of temp_someFilename.zip in > %temp% folder lately > like 10 GB in two...

In right scroll bar can you change the page # in view box to sect.
The scroll bar on the right show in the view box the page number and then text from the document, can you change what the view box shows from page number to sections? Sueann wrote: > The scroll bar on the right show in the view box the page number and > then text from the document, can you change what the view box shows > from page number to sections? No, there is no option to control that display. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benef...

Rights required to access Exchange 'Mailbox Rights' in ADUC #2
*I believe I'm posting as a a manged newsgroup user with alias, but so far I'm not getting a response. This is my third try to see if I can get it to work.* Is it possible to provide IT staff access to manipulate Mailbox Rights under the Exchange Advanced tab in ADUC without giving them Exchange Administrator rights? We'd like our staff to be able to manipulate all aspects of users using ADUC, but not the back-end Exchange stuff in System Manager. However it appears to be an all-or-nothing situation, at least where access to the mailbox rights are concerned. The message...

Panning Sound from right to left
Is there a way to pan my sound from right to left with my animation. I immagine the effect of moving the stereo balance fader from right to left and back. Cravaus You cannot do the 'left right' pan in powerpoint itself, But there is nothing to stop you making the sound file have that effect built in to it. Use something like "audacity" to edit your sound files cheers TAJ Simmons PowerPoint Master http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com awesome - powerpoint templates, powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials... "Cravaus" <Cr...

MSEXTZM batch run err 8004005
DST tool (v2) is not updating mailboxes: HrSpawnOLTool:Spawned worker process as pid - 3944. HrScanEventLogForSuccess:Success Event not found in Application log, treating as failure. HrProcessMailbox:Unable to process mailbox /O=My_Org_Name/OU=My_OU/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=My_User - 0x80004005 HrProcessInputFile:Error Processing Mailbox:/O=My_Org_Name/OU=My_OU/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=My_User - 0x80004005 The account used has full Mbx and Send as permissions. DN used is the one found by the cfg tool. Time is running out, this had failed since v1 of the tool and users have already gotten OS DST updates ...

Mailbox rights in 5.5
I need to give multiple users access to a mailbox. I tried adding a group to the Primary NT account, but then I break pop access to the mailbox. I have users adding the mailbox to their outlook profile to access both their mailbox and this shared mailbox. In Exchange 2000/2003 it is mailbox rights in Active Directory. How did I do this for Exchaneg 5.5? If I remember correctly, you can do this in Exchange Administrator Program by going to the properties of the user and then under the "permissions" tab you can make changes. -- Mike Manjunath Microsoft Corp. "Please do not...

no rights?!
A message popped up stating a Java update is available. Fine, trying to install the update but... getting a message I have no rights. What's this bogus?? I am the bl**dy administrator! What "rights" are they talking about this time?? -- regards, |\ /| | \/ |@rk \../ \/os talking about your right to use linux and macosx "Linea Recta" <mccm.vos@abc.invalid> wrote in message news:4bcdf442$0$22936$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl... > A message popped up stating a Java update is available. > Fine, trying to install the update but... getti...

One Job that Runs 2 Maintenance PLans
Hello, I have created a job (Job1) that has several steps. These steps include Maintenance plans, TSQL commands and Windows commands. The job (Job1) was created from one of the maintenance plans. I added a step to execute the second maintenance plans. Everything runs sucessfully, but the second maintenance plans never executes. Even though the history of that steps says it completed successfully in 2 seconds. When I execute the job (Job2) for that one and only Maintenance plan, it executes completly, but as a step of the multi step job (Job1), it does not execute. Is t...

right-click command question
Hi All I have Creating a right-click command to backup file try txt and then xls file. Try txt file ok. Then try xls file, not ok, when right-click no option prompted ? Do you know why ? For txt file REGEDIT4 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\txtfile\shell\backupfile] @="Backup Text File" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\txtfile\shell\backupfile\command] @="cscript //b H:\Software\shell\xbcp.vbs "%1" "txt"" For excel file REGEDIT4 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\xlsfile\shell\backupfile] @="Backup Excel File" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\xlsfile\shell\backupfile\comman...