Rich text internal, Plain text incoming external - Exch 2003

Any suggestions on how to accomplish the following goal and systems

Server: Exchange Server 200
Workstations: Outlook 200

Internal email communcation: Rich text primary, plain text secondary, no HTML for messages sent or receive

External email communcation (incoming): Plain text primary, no Rich text, no HTM

Thank you.
0
anonymous (74722)

Formatted text in QuickParts/AutoText
Word 2007 I'm back with another issue. I cannot seem to get my saved QuickParts to hold its formatting, specifically, underlining. So, in reading the boards, I decided to use AutoCorrect instead, and apply formatted text settings. While the text shows up formatted in the little window in the AutoCorrect tab, when I insert it into my document, the underlining ONCE AGAIN is gone! Is anyone else having these issues with autotext / quickparts functionality? This entire feature in Word 2007 just does not work properly in so many ways for me. Of course I'm not discounting us...

Income from Tax deferred Retirement account (Canadian RIFF, simila

how do you Create flashing Text
I am creating a newsletter and want one of the titles in the newsletter to flash or blink. How do I do this? Ask this here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&cat=en_US_1845e149-582a-4e62-8d76-f1c90f948f44&lang=en&cr=US -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "lukieguy22" <lukieguy22@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E40D83D-8E98-40A7-ABE1-94307073C79E@microsoft.com... >I am creating a newsletter and want one of the titles in the newsletter to > flash ...

Incoming unsolicited emails to Outlook
How can I stop Outlook 2007 from accepting and saving HUNDREDS of news and US govt news "flashes" which keep arriving daily? I want NONE of them and don't know how to make my system reject them. Perhaps you can check the settings on your Junk e-mail filter! DavyDucks wrote: > How can I stop Outlook 2007 from accepting and saving HUNDREDS of news and > US govt news "flashes" which keep arriving daily? I want NONE of them and > don't know how to make my system reject them. "DavyDucks" <DavyDucks@discussions.microsoft.com>...

If/then to print text.
I want to use a formula so that when a value over zero is put into one cell, a line of text prints in another cell. I know it is an if then function, but I've forgotten the exact formula and the way to encode the text message in the formula. Shadyhosta wrote: > I want to use a formula so that when a value over zero is put into one cell, > a line of text prints in another cell. I know it is an if then function, but > I've forgotten the exact formula and the way to encode the text message in > the formula. Try this: =IF(A1>0,"print this text","prin...

Connect 2 Ex 2003 Organizations
How can I connect two Exchange 2003 Organizations, that are in 2 Windows 2003 Forests? We have to exchange the adress book and public folders. -- thanks Katrin "Katrin" <schmunzelhasl@gmx.de> wrote: >How can I connect two Exchange 2003 Organizations, that are in 2 Windows >2003 Forests? >We have to exchange the adress book and public folders. You need a directory synchronization tool. Or you can do the synchronization "by hand", entering the necessary information into both directories. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http:/...

How do I extract text content from an exported .rwz file
Outlook 2003, Office Pro - When you export Rules and create a .rwz file, the file is not a pure text file as it seems to be loaded with null chars. I would like to extract the long list of spam words used in a particular rule. Is there a way or a utility which will remove all the nulls from the file so I may edit it to get the contents I want ? The alternative storage location is not any easier - trying to get the same info, as it is similarly stored, out of the registry. :( -Ric Not possible. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and R...

Running backups on Great Plains database.
Is there recommend process in backing up the great plains databases? Can we use the normal Veritas Backup Exec software with the sql agent? There are recommendations in the Great Plains Administration manual. You can use the Veritas software for sure. The recommendations don't tell you what medium or software to use but when and what kind. "Steve" wrote: > Is there recommend process in backing up the great plains databases? Can we > use the normal Veritas Backup Exec software with the sql agent? I was told by one of Microsoft Solution Partner to run sql dumps of...

Getting text from hidden text producing error
I am using code to populate a drop down from hidden text (in text formfields) in a Word form. The code works great, however, I have now hidden the section that contains the text form fields and the code returns an error. Is there something I should be inserting in the code so that it can cope with hidden text/ bookmarks? I don't want to unprotect, unhide, run existing code, and then rehide and reprotect as this is cumbersome. ub Fillnamelist() Select Case ActiveDocument.FormFields("scheme").Result Case "CAMBERWELL" With ActiveDocument.FormFiel...

Exchange 2003 Mail Boxes Query
Hi I not am Exchange 2003 expert but have some questions about the Administration of Exchange 2003. 1) Does Exchange 2003 provide notification of corrupted mail boxes and mail stores and if yes how can this be set up? 2) Does Exchange 2003 provide tools for administration of mail boxes and mail stores, ideally that can run as part of the standard process of maintaining an Exchange system without having to take down who mailbox stores? 3) Does Exchange 2003 provide a tool that can run as part of the standard operation with out having to take the system offline for the re...

Excel 2003 VBA Phantom Breakpoints
Excel 2003 VBA Macro Anybody run into a phanton breakpoint in Excel? The code stops without an error. Hit continue and the code finishes w/o error. I have run into this in MSA and had to decompile. Is there a way to decompile Excel? Regards, Todd You probably need to force VBA to purge out its internal code storage areas. This involves exporting all your modules to text files, removing the module itself and then importing the text files. This cures many problems related to VBA editing and execution. The whole export/import operation can be reduce to a mouse click ...

TEXT problem...
Hello. I have a cell with the following formula: TEXT(e2,"mmmm dd, yyyy (CSC)") cell e2 contains a date formatted value, "March 27, 2004" Question, although the formula appears to work in terms of converting the date to a text datg (for manipulation later), why does the result yield "March 27, 2004 (C0C)" instead of "March 27, 2004 (CSC)"? For some reason, the function is replacing my 'S' for a zero (0). Any ideas? Mark :) Hi Mark! Its because the S is being interpreted as seconds. Since you (presumably) have a naked date in E2...

Getting details and adding text to the receipt
Hi... I want to get some details from the Receipt and also want to add some text to the receipt... How can I do this... I tried to this with session.variable was not able to successed. I want to do this through VB.Net... A example in VB will also do for me... Waiting for your reply... :-( Vicky... :-) Can provide a sample of what you have tried? Rob "Vicky" <Vicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A75FF20D-9549-48DB-8C76-C2A544A321CD@microsoft.com... > Hi... > > I want to get some details from the Receipt and also want to add some > text...

Formatting Cell Text
Can you set a text up to display number's in foot and inches example 12 would appear as 1' 13 would appear as 1'1' etc.? Thanks, Ben Hi Ben this is not possible with formtas. You have to use a helper column for this. see Chip's site for some more information: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/fractional.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ben wrote: > Can you set a text up to display number's in foot and > inches example 12 would appear as 1' 13 would appear as > 1'1' etc.? > > Thanks, > > Ben Thanks, Frank. Ben >----...

Exchange 2003 Backup Agent
I recently began testing in preparation for WinNt 4.0 Exchange 5.5 to Win 2003 SBS Exhchange 2003 migration. In the process I found that when I load the Exchange 2003 Management tools on my backup box loaded with Win 2003 SBS the Exchange backup agent does not load. Is there something I extra I need to load that I have not seen? Any help would be appreciated. Thank You, Dilbert ...

Get Rich
Take advantage of a great deal ...

#N/A Excel 2003
I am using VLOOKUP in a spreadsheet. I would like not to see the #N/A in the cells I have the VLOOKUP command set up in. I searched for a solution but was only able to find a solution that has you change the color of the font so it gets mixed in with the background of the cell. That does not work for me because when a user types in a value (say SCHOOL#1), the field which has the vlookup statements is not visible! My question basically is, is there a way to hide the #N/A value until there is REAL data in that cell? Thank you. Put an IF function around your vlookup. Instead of =vlooku...

Repost : Searching shared contacts in OWA for Exchange 2003
Is it possible to either search contacts stored in the shared contacts folder or to select one directly and send an email to it? This is possible if the contact is stored in the user's contact folder but we use shared contacts as a matter of course in our organisation and we can do this in Outlook XP with Exchange 2003 but not in OWA with Exchange 2003. To do this in Outlook you must add shared contacts as an address book and then put it in the search order. What is the equivalent in OWA?v Does anyone know the answer? TIA Tony Ain't no equivalent in OWA. See www.messageware....

IF to check color of text
I have a calendar made up of my work schedule. I have the days that am working a font color of black. I have the days that I am off a fon color of light gray. I'm looking to use an IF function in which detects the font color, an if true, add eight, otherwise add zero. Is this possible? E -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You have to use a userdefined function. See Chip Pearson's site for an example: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm "eckaner <" wrote: > > I have a calendar made up of my work schedule. I have the days that I > a...

Outlook 2003 and Exchange : Modifying the From to an AD value
All, To combat spam, I have a single inbox in exchange (xyz@somedomain.com) but with a million alias that are all in Active Directory (we have a page set up where a user can modify his or her own alias entries in AD). Everytime I register with a website (like Amazon.com), I create a new alias (such as amazon@somedomain.com). I only have to check one inbox because all my mail goes there. I never give out the xyz@somedomain.com account only the aliases. Therefore, if I ever start getting spam, I can kill the alias and voila, no more spam and I remember not to use that website that so bad...

Dupe Text Attachments
All of a sudden, starting yesterday, every message I receive has an attachment with a .TXT file with the contents of the message. It's like getting duplicate messages. How can I correct that? Help... I am having the same problem. I have isolated it to plain text messages sent from Outlook 2000 clients. It doesn't appear to happen with 2003. It also just started happening a couple of weeks ago. "Robert" wrote: > All of a sudden, starting yesterday, every message I receive has an > attachment with a .TXT file with the contents of the message. It's l...

Mailbox/Permissions 5.5 and 2003
When I create a mailbox on my 2003 server the mailbox rights are set to Self - Read and Full Mailbox access. If I move this mailbox to Exchange 5.5 which I did 24 hours later to test and then back again to the same storage group/mailbox store (the user account remains in the same nested OU), the mailbox rights fill up with a lot of special inherited permissions which I would have thought should have been there on the original mailbox. Can anyone explain this behaviour? The permissions are inherited from the Mailbox Store. So if you create a new mailbox and that user has never receive...

convert text to numeric values
My database (Access 2007) keeps track of bids from FE colleges. These are made in an academic year (these span two 'calendar years e.g. 2009-10 for the current academic year). Sometimes the bids are carried forward to, and paid in, the following academic year. The 'Bid Year' and 'Paid Year’ are text fields. When designing a query that will give me the total sum of bids made, bids approved and bids actually paid, I can do separate ones based on 'Bid Year' and 'Paid Year' but the totals are quite often different if a year has bids that have been carr...

Pasted text splits into separate text boxes.
Recently upgraded my Publisher program. When using a text box from a template, and I try to paste text, it breaks the text, line by line into separate boxes within the text box. I never had this problem with my previous Publisher program. What's up with this? A JackBird <A JackBird@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Recently upgraded my Publisher program. When using a text box from a > template, and I try to paste text, it breaks the text, line by line > into separate boxes within the text box. I never had this problem > with my previo...

Distribution list with internal and external email addresses
Help! I am not sure if this can be done - we have an internal distribution list that we would like to add external email addresses to - We are running Exchange 5.5 on WINNT 4.0 sp6 - we would like the DL to be in the Global Address Book on the server - not a personal distribution list on a local users machine. The external address are not on our network or part of our domain. Is this possible? Please advise. Thank you. -John Citigate Cunningham Helpdesk Add the external users as custom recipients and add those to the DL. "Citigate Cunningham Helpdesk" <citigate_cu...