retain messages that user deletes from "sent" and "deleted items"

We back up to tape daily. Between backups, new messages that are deleted from
the "sent" and "deleted items" folders on the server are not backed up. Does
Exchange Server 2003 have a setting that will retain these deleted messages?

that's not exactly correct... if you are performing online backups, all
these items will be backed up by backing up transaction log files, and if
you also configure DIR, and set your stores to not purge deleted items until
they are backed up, you will have them backed up even if someone deletes AND
purges the items...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"aaahart" <hotmail@aaahart.com> wrote in message
> We back up to tape daily. Between backups, new messages that are deleted
from
> the "sent" and "deleted items" folders on the server are not backed up.
Does
> Exchange Server 2003 have a setting that will retain these deleted
messages?

0
sconkey (3059)

viewing deleted items that are outgoing "sent" messages
Version: 2004 Processor: Power PC Hi: I was able to view my deleted messages in the "deleted items" folder until recently. I am still able to view the deleted items that are incoming messages, but the outgoing messages or "sent" messages have completely disappeared. Can someone please advise on how I can fix this? Thank you. Diana "Diana_Kim@officeformac.com" wrote: > I was able to view my deleted messages in the "deleted items" folder until > recently. I am still able to view the deleted items that are incoming > messages, but the outgoing...

Remove sent and deleted items on all MB
Can I remove all sent items and deleted items in all mailboxes. Is the a utility or somewhere in Exchange to do this. I am running Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000. I don't want to manually open all mailboxes and do it. Thanks http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q278024&ID=KB;EN-US;Q278024 On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 18:48:04 -0800, "Ken Pollard" <kpollard@mvusd.org> wrote: >Can I remove all sent items and deleted items in all mailboxes. Is the a >utility or somewhere in Exchange to do this. I am running Exchange 2000 on >Windows 2000. I don't...

retain messages that user deletes from "sent" and "deleted items"
We back up to tape daily. Between backups, new messages that are deleted from the "sent" and "deleted items" folders on the server are not backed up. Does Exchange Server 2003 have a setting that will retain these deleted messages? that's not exactly correct... if you are performing online backups, all these items will be backed up by backing up transaction log files, and if you also configure DIR, and set your stores to not purge deleted items until they are backed up, you will have them backed up even if someone deletes AND purges the items... -- Susan Conkey [MVP...

Reason for e-mail sent to Deleted Items
Whenever an e-mail is sent from the officer manager in my office the e-mail is automatically sent to my deleted items file. I have searched my Blocked Senders list several times and have not found her e-mail address on that list. Thought maybe it had been added to the list by mistake. Is there a way to find out why a particular e- mail has been automatically deleted? If not, is there a way to allow her e-mails to be delivered to my inbox? Please help - could miss something important. Thanks What version of Outlook do you use? Have you checked the Rules Wizard? Maybe there is a ru...

Message Sent to Deleted Items No Rule That Matches
Some e-mails are being routed to deleted items box but they don't match any rules. Thanks, Which version of Outlook, Charlotte? Do you happen to have the Junk Mail feature enabled? Or are you perhaps using a third-party tool for junk mail filtering? -- Regards, Chris Burnham Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ------------------- "Charlotte Simpson" <cjsimpso@email.uncc.edu> wrote in message news:0c7901c346ed$f0f38330$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Some e-mails are being routed to deleted items b...

Email being sent directly to Deleted Items folder
I am having some email go directly to the Deleted Items folder rather than appearing in my Inbox. I have no rule. I have junk mail filering set to High. "Permanently Delete Suspected Junk Email Instead of Moving it to the Junk Email folder" is unchecked. Why is this happening? OS Window XP all SPs and paths loaded Outlook 2003 all SPs and paths loaded Thanks, Will Will Fleenor <will@k2e.com> wrote: > I am having some email go directly to the Deleted Items folder rather > than appearing in my Inbox. I have no rule. I have junk mail > filering set to Hig...

Duplicate Inboxes, Drafts, Sent items, Junk email, deleted items
I have 4 email accounts that I'm using in Win Live Mail. Each account has an inbox, a drafts folder, a sent items folder, a junk email folder, and a deleted items folder. Talk about overkill ! I'm happy that each account has an inbox....that does what 4 message rules did in Outlook Express. But the multiple drafts, sent items, junk email, and deleted items are just plain irritating. The program won't let me delete them. Is there any way to fix this irritant? I just don't need all these folders. Thanks. Each account has its own compliment of ...

Email being sent to Deleted Items folder
Outlook 2002. Some emails I get (mainly mailing lists) get sent straight to my Deleted Items folder. I have NO rule set up to do this, and in fact I have added these mails to my exceptions list. They STILL get sent to my Deleted Items folder. How do I stop this? thanks. ...

deleted items folder and sent items folder not available in outlo.
I installed office 10 beta. Outlook will download and send emails, but will not delete measages and has error "Deleted Item folder not available". What type of email account? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://foru...

New email getting sent to deleted items and junk folder
Running Outlook 2002. All rules and filters deleted. New incoming messages get sent straight to the trash folder or the junk folder. Any advice is much appreciated ejmcardle@gmail.com <ejmcardle@gmail.com> wrote: > Running Outlook 2002. All rules and filters deleted. New incoming > messages get sent straight to the trash folder or the junk folder. > Any advice is much appreciated Make sure you're not scanning incoming mail with an anti-virus or -spam scanner. -- Brian Tillman Remove the account from Outlook, restart Outlook and then add the account again. &quo...

Inbox, Sent Items & Outbox in Deleted Items in Outlook 2003 & OWA with Exchange
Hi there, I am running Outlook 2003 on two different machines (desktop & notebook) against the same hosted Exchange account offered by an ISP. Recently the ISP seemed to have an outage of some kind and ever since, my account/mailbox seems to be unstable and inconsistent. I ran SCANOST (no help) and then rebuilt my OST file on my Desktop to resolve synchronization issues. I resolved the synch issues however, here's what I'm seeing now: DESKTOP - Inbox occasionally automatically "moves" to Deleted Items folder! - When new e-mails come in, jumps back out to top-level fol...

Echange deleted items sent to disabled
Can we still restore and recover deleted emails from a user's deleted items folder in Outlook if our Exchange Server did NOT have the deleted items retention selected? Dana wrote: > Can we still restore and recover deleted emails from a user's deleted > items folder in Outlook if our Exchange Server did NOT have the > deleted items retention selected? Nope. Only from backup. Which is a royal pain. One of the first things you should enable when setting up Exchange is DIR...will save you a lot of headaches. Also - since you posted something related to this a few messages...

User moved Sent Items folder into Deleted Items
One of our users has found a way to move the Sent Items folder into the Deleted Items folder (I'm guessing from an IMAP client). I can't seem to do anything with it from Outlook or OWA. I tried the /resetfolders and /resetfoldernames switches but they don't help move it back. I also found a utility called Ffolder on sliptick that allows me to rename it, but gives an error when I try to delete it. We're running Exchange 2003 SP2. Anyone have some good tricks for this? Thanks. -GT If you can find a copy of the old Exchange 4.0 or 5.0 client you can fix it with tha...

User experiencing sent items moving to deleted items
Hello, We have an Exchange 2003 SP1 on Server 2003 with Outlook 2003 on XP client environment running in Cached Mode. We are experiencing very odd behavior on a user's mailbox. This user started to notice that his sent items were missing on a few days worth of sent mail. I verified in the Message Tracking Center that he in fact sent more emails than were showing in his sent items. After investigating this further, I found that they were going to his deleted items. I checked all his rules, and none of them corresponded to this behavior. There doesn't appear to be a particular p...

no sent items no drafts no deleted items
Hi , I am using OE6 but I got no access to my deleted items, sent items or drafts otpions. Any help? Joe --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.558 / Virus Database: 350 - Release Date: 2/01/2004 This is not a newsgroup for OE, but for Outlook. Try this newsgroup instead: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress When you post there, be more precise about what you mean by "I got no access". Do you not have those folders there at all. Is this a local store or IMAP? Ivan --------------...

Sent Items, Deleted Items, Drafts, Templates
how do i configure outlook 2003 to store Sent Items, Deleted Items, Drafts, and Templates on my IMAP server rather than treating them as local? ...

Emptying Inbox,Deleted Items and Sent Items Folders.
Hi, In order to avoid files piling up in the INBOX, DELETED ITEMS and SENT ITEMS folders, I have created Inbox 2, Deleted Items 2 and Sent Items 2 folders, into which I move the appropriate files. Should these be sub-folders of the INBOX folder or the LOCAL FOLDERS folder? or somewhere else? Andy I. They can be regular folders, or subfolders of any folder. They have their own dbx files and that's all that OE cares about, so whatever suits you is fine. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Andy I.&qu...

Setting Deleted Items and Sent Items to auto purge
Can someone please tell me how in Exchange 2007 I can set my deleted items to auto delete after 3 days and my Sent Items to auto delete after 60 days? I have read tons of stuff but have yet you be able to figure it out and we are going live tomorrow. Help! Thanks. Matt - Setup Managed Content Settings for Managed (default) Folders like Deleted Items - Create Managed Folder Mailbox Policies (this dictates how long to retain content in the folder) - Apply the policy to recipients - Schedule the Managed Folder Assistant to run Exchange Server 2007: Why aren't Managed Content Settngs...

Emails moved from Sent Items to subfolder moving to Deleted Items instead
We have a problem where a couple of users are moving emails from their Sent Items to folders that are subfolders of their Inbox. However, random emails are moving to the Deleted Items instead. The users have no rules set up, and there is no limit on mailbox size for users. I know it's easy to dismiss them as having made a mistake, but one of the users is pretty competent and has in fact had this problem in the past. Has anyone experienced this problem? ...

Reading mails from Sent items, Deleted items, Draft folder of outlook from VB6.0
Hi All! Reading mails from Sent items, Deleted items, Draft folder from VB6.0. It is very helpful for me if the code is written in ActiveX DLL and can be called from any form of other projects. -- Thanks and Regards S. Viswanathan Viswanathan wrote: > Hi All! > > Reading mails from Sent items, Deleted items, Draft folder from VB6.0. It is > very helpful for me if the code is written in ActiveX DLL and can be called > from any form of other projects. > > -- > Thanks and Regards > S. Viswanathan > > Thanks! Next.... Did you have a particular questi...

Sent E-mails going to Deleted Items folder instead of Sent Items f
Hi All I have a Windows 2003 w/sp1 and Exchange 2003 w/sp1 enviornment with my clients using Outlook 2002. I have a user that when he sends e-mails instead of a copy going to his sent items folders they are going to his deleted items folders. I have ensured that no rules are set. Is there a registry key that sets the sent items folder I am at a lost. Thanks for your help in advance. in Tools, Options, email options, is "Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder" selected? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Mike Moore" <MikeMoore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...