Restricting the stationary

I'm running Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003. I want to restrict users to
HTML e-mail, my own stationary and only a handfull of fonts.

Can this be acheived?
0
ashernat (63)

You will have to purchase Microsoft Office System Babysitter Server 2007.

Seriously, I don't know the answer to your question, but I believe the
answer will more likely be obtainable from an Outlook newsgroup, and your
solution, if any, will involve the use of the Outlook Custom Installation
Wizard and the Custom Maintenance Wizard.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Asher_N" <ashernat@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm running Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003. I want to restrict users to
> HTML e-mail, my own stationary and only a handfull of fonts.
>
> Can this be acheived?

0
curspice6401 (3487)
11/17/2006 7:27:36 PM
Use a script or other method to copy the stationery file to the =
Stationery folder for the user's Windows profile (See =
http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm) and set this registry value =
to mandate use of that stationery:=20

Key: =
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\MailSett=
ings
Value name: NewStationery
Value type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Value: Name of the HTML file, without the .htm tag

For example, if the name of the stationery file is =93Company =
Letterhead.htm,=94 the value for NewStationery would be =93Company =
Letterhead.=94

Similarly, a value called NewTheme in the same key controls the default =
theme for messages created using WordMail.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"Asher_N" <ashernat@gmail.com> wrote in message =
> I'm running Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003. I want to restrict users =
to=20
> HTML e-mail, my own stationary and only a handfull of fonts.=20
>=20
> Can this be acheived?
0
suemvp (4038)
11/17/2006 9:06:10 PM
"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in

> You will have to purchase Microsoft Office System Babysitter Server
> 2007.

What I really need is SpankTheStupidUSers 2.0

> Seriously, I don't know the answer to your question, but I believe the
> answer will more likely be obtainable from an Outlook newsgroup, and
> your solution, if any, will involve the use of the Outlook Custom
> Installation Wizard and the Custom Maintenance Wizard.

I xposted to an Outlook group.
0
ashernat (63)
11/17/2006 9:33:07 PM
"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in

> Use a script or other method to copy the stationery file to the
> Stationery folder for the user's Windows profile (See
> http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm) and set this registry
> value to mandate use of that stationery:
>
> Key:
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\MailSe
> ttings Value name: NewStationery
> Value type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
> Value: Name of the HTML file, without the .htm tag
>
> For example, if the name of the stationery file is �Company
> Letterhead.htm,� the value for NewStationery would be �Company
> Letterhead.�
>
> Similarly, a value called NewTheme in the same key controls the
> default theme for messages created using WordMail.

Thanks Sue.
0
ashernat (63)

Replay and Forward Stationary
I need to use my custom stationary when replying and forwarding massages, I have no problem with new messages but I can only seem to use the stationary if I attach the original message to a new message. Any help much appreciated. Gedster Gedster <Gedster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to use my custom stationary when replying and forwarding > massages, I have no problem with new messages but I can only seem to > use the stationary if I attach the original message to a new message. Outlook always uses the format of the original message when replying or forward...

Restricting Input
Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell restriction that will only allow data input if another cell is "empty" or has a certain value? Kind of like an IF function, only when "true" exists, I can input any value, and when "false" exists, I must leave it blank. Thanks in advance. Randy, you can accomplish this using data validation. Select: data-validation, then input your restriction. Randy Vieira wrote: > Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell > restriction that will ...

Restrict calendar?
We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our employers are holding off on the purchase due to the fact that there is no way to restrict certain users from even being able to see "Free/Busy" on their calendars. They want it so that a whole Active Directory OU can be set to not have any calendar access to another OU's calendar. Does anyone know if this is possible? This is huge for us so a great big Thank You in advance to those who might have suggestion. sgsundqu wrote: > We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our > employe...

Pricing restriction to price lists
Most of our customers do no wish to load all products to MS CRM. Therefore the system restriction to use price lists is too inflexible. In case of opportunities it is even not possible to enter manual prices on product level. ...

Outlook 2003 Template vs Stationary
How I use a page created with Frontpage as the body of the mail in Outlook 2003 ? The only way I had figure out is via Stationery, however only one picture is shown. ( The Page contains 2 ) Is there a way to set Outlook 2003 to use my webpage as the mail body, like a template? I dont use Word, since Word does NOT show the pictures the right size as they are on the webpage. Thanks ...

Restrictions
All of a sudden I am no longer able to click on hyperlinks embedded within email and get an error message "THIS OPERATION HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO RESTRICTION IN EFFECT ON THIS COMPUTER. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR." I haven't knowingly changed anything but some other program may have. How do I get back to normal? See if the articles at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D310049 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D307818 help with this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrator...

Restrict DB Access
Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a single SQL Database/Server when they login to GP? Thanks It's unclear exactly what you want to do. In GP, you can restrict access by user to the company databases via the User Access window. When you set up the ODBC DSN, you are determing which database server the user can access through GP. Additionally, if you happen to have multiple servers, the best way to handle it is to have different user accounts. -- Charles Allen, MVP "JDR" wrote: > Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a si...

Restricting no. of recipients
Hello, We are using Exchange 5.5 server now and for some reason, we need to restrict the number of recipients that an user can send at once. I tried to find at most of configuration dialogs, but could not find it. Is it possible to enable this function in Exchange 5.5? Or is there a 3rd party tool regarding this? Appreciate it if you can find it or help me. Thanks. Richard You can set this, but it is for the maximum number of recipients in the message before distribution list expansion, so a distribution list counts as one recipient. It is much more accurate in Exchange 2000/2003....

restricting the drop lines to only a single series
I have mutiple-series charts, but would like restric the drop lines only to only one (ususlly the first) plotted data series. However, the drop line option seems to apply to ALL data series and creates an unreadable mess. Is there a way to see only what I want, i.e. the drop lines for a selected series only? z.entropic Hi Z, > I have mutiple-series charts, but would like restric the drop lines only to > only one (ususlly the first) plotted data series. However, the drop line > option seems to apply to ALL data series and creates an unreadable mess. > > Is there a way...

restrict to export records to Excel and restrict to print
Hi, It is a major requirement for us to restrict some users to export Microsoft CRM records to Excel file and to restrict them to print as stated in our implementation policies. Is there a possible workaround for this restriction? Would greatly appreciate for your fedback. Lot of thanks in advance. In v1.2 there is no easy way to do this. v3.0 should enable this via security roles. In thoery, you could do something with javascript that conditionally removed the link, but not sure how reliable it would be as it would need to do a server-based call to determine the security. Matt Parks...

restricted users
Is there any way to run pub 2002 xp as a restricted user? I want users on a certain machine to be able to user publisher but not install programs or make any system changes, as soon as they lose domain admin though, it barfs pretty hard. When you click on the icon it says it's running the installer package, then it throws a 1722 error saying there is a problem with the package and setup did not finish. The program at this point acually loads, but as soon as I try to do something it throws an error saying I have low memory or the disk is full and it crashes. Soon as I give domain...

Messaging size restriction bizzare
Hi, I am current using Trend Mico ScanMessage gateway and Exchange 2003. Incoming is going through ScanMessage gateway first and relay to Exchange 2003. I setup "sending message size" as 3900 KB in Global setting and 50000KB as receiving message size. I test it with internal mail and everything is fine accoring sending/receiving size restriction until external email such yahoo. For example, (External email) if I send 3 MB attachment which is fine and but not everything above 3900 KB (bounce: limit or email box is full). It seems Exchange is using sending message size (ov...

Restricted IPs still connecting despite Connection Restrictions
I have gone to System Manager -> Servers -> ServerName -> Protocols -> SMTP -> Default SMTP and setup the following under Access -> Connection Control on my Exchange 2003 SP1 Server. Select which computer's may access this virtual server: Only the listed computers... 1.2.3.0 (255.255.255.0) - Internal IPs AntiSPAM server IP 1 AntiSPAM server IP 2 AntiSPAM server IP 3 AntiSPAM server IP 4 AntiSPAM server IP 5 AntiSPAM server IP 6 AntiSPAM server IP 7 Still I am seeing connections from serveral other servers on the list. I have even accessed my server remotely via te...

Can I restrict the undo function to the current sheet only?
In Word, the undo function applies to the active document only. In Excel, it not only switches sheets, but workbooks as well. Is there a way to restrict the undo function to the active sheet only? I guess I would then want Excel to maintain a separate undo stack for each sheet. At the very least, can I get this at the workbook level? Not with anything built into excel. On 09/23/2010 00:27, Prof Wonmug wrote: > In Word, the undo function applies to the active document only. > > In Excel, it not only switches sheets, but workbooks as well. > > Is there a way to restrict the ...

restrict users from a fake ids
hi , i have exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) i am getting a problem is that my clients are mailing through fake ids from my domain , my domain is "muet.edu.pk" but the users are able to mail as a hotmail id , how can i restrict them to mail from their own id , not from the hotmail or yahoo ids which is fake . thanks in advance regards ALI. On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 20:54:16 -0700, mohammad ali <mohammadali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi , > > i have exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) i am getting >a problem is...

DL Restriction
I've Exchnage 2003 as my Mail Server and we have created DL's for executives and managers.Now wht is happening is any one can send mail on any DL although we have restricted to receive mails from INDIA Team which has alla the Dl's.Can we restrict executives DL not able to send mails to all the DL's.... ...

Message size restrictions
Is it possible to set a limit on the maximum size a message can be that is being sent between 2 users on the same server in Ex 2003? I know you can set limits on the smtp server for messages that go out to the internet but I would like to set a similiar limit on messages that go from one Exchange user to another. Thanks. Bill Unfortunately this is not configurable as you desire. You can set a message size for all users, but not for just specific users. Bob "Bill Uyer" <buyer@dhblattner.com> wrote in message news:%23j%23MaVALFHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is it po...

Document restricted
I use the Avery add on for making labels when I am using Word 2007 from within the document itself. I recieve the following error message when I click the finish button when using the Avery program. "The addon method or property is not available because permission for this document is currently restricted" Windows 7 op system and Office Pro. Suite. I can not find how to fix this problem. Why are you not using the integrated label wizard that includes all the Avery labels? -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Larry H." <Larry H.@discussions.mic...

Restricting Message Size In Exchange 2000
I am trying to figure out how to set a limit on external email to 5mb, while having an internal limit of 10mb or maybe no limit at all. In Exchange 5.5, I set this up in the Internet Mail Connector. How would I accomplish the same thing in Exchange 2000? I have one server in a single site layout. Thanks in advance for the advice. To limit all sending message size to 10MB, you can modify the Message Delivery Properties under Global Settings in Exchange System Manager. If you wanna override the setting for some users, you can use AD users and Computers to set the limit user by user. The s...

Restrictions on Tables
Is it possible to do a lot of restrictions in MS Access tables? If it is, where can i do these restrictions? On Apr 10, 10:06 am, KARL DEWEY <KARLDE...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Yes. > > What kind of restrictions would you want to do? > > If you tell what you want to do then maybe someone can answer the question. > > -- > KARL DEWEY > Build a little - Test a little > > > > "emerl...@shaw.ca" wrote: > > Is it possible to do a lot of restrictions in MS Access tables? If it > > is, where can i do these restrictions?-...

Email size restrictions
I am still having problems with users sending messages over 2MB. The Global Defaults in Exchange server are 10240KB and the message limits in the SMTP Virtual Server are 4096KB (although that limit is not even enabled). Below is the NDR: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: picture Sent: 8/16/2004 2:35 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: ouratricle@yahoo.com on 8/16/2004 2:36 PM This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message b...

Restrict CD-Rom to specific group
I am trying to Disbale access to the CD/DVD-ROM drive on a single computer where only certain users are allowed to access removble media. I found the Group Policy to disable the CD-ROM drive at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555324, but I actually would like to restrict the CD/DVD-Rom to a specific user group. Is tis possible? This policy just disables it, but I can accomplish this through device manager. ...

SFO sync over restricted VPN
We have a situation where a parent company provides a subsidiary with their internet connectivity and allows remote users to vpn in through a checkpoint firewall. They are very security concsious and have limited the vpn tunnel to a small range of ports. Does any one have any idea's regarding the ports required to let sfo sync through this connection. (ie Active directory, SQL etc) here is the latest ports list ================ Ports used by Microsoft CRM SQL Server utilizes the following ports: TCP Ports (7) 135 DCE endpoint resolution 139 NETBIOS Session Service 445 Microsoft-DS...

Restriction on link
I have recently made an unknown change to my Outlook 2007 which has prevented me from going to links from Outlook. When I click on the link I get the error message that the "operation was canceled due to restrictions on the computer...contact your newtork administrator". Can anyoone tell me how to fix this? I can't figure out what change I made but this change just started. This is an issue with your Internet Explorer and not with Outlook See the following http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the bene...

Bug setting user from restricted to non restricted node
When you set a user to be a non restricted account and you have run out of licenses then you get the folloing exception on 'save and close' Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F12. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropService...