Restricting no. of recipients

Hello,

We are using Exchange 5.5 server now and for some reason,
we need to restrict the number of recipients that an user can send at once.

I tried to find at most of configuration dialogs, but could not find it.

Is it possible to enable this function in Exchange 5.5?
Or is there a 3rd party tool regarding this?

Appreciate it if you can find it or help me.

Thanks.

Richard

0
kpark (2)

You can set this, but it is for the maximum number of recipients in the
message before distribution list expansion, so a distribution list counts as
one recipient.  It is much more accurate in Exchange 2000/2003.
Here is a URL that has the Registry key.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/maintain/appc.mspx

You need the "Max Recipients On Submit" key.

--
Jim McBee
Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

"richard" <kpark@dreamwiz.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We are using Exchange 5.5 server now and for some reason,
> we need to restrict the number of recipients that an user can send at
> once.
>
> I tried to find at most of configuration dialogs, but could not find it.
>
> Is it possible to enable this function in Exchange 5.5?
> Or is there a 3rd party tool regarding this?
>
> Appreciate it if you can find it or help me.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Richard

0
jmcbee9404 (625)
11/2/2006 9:54:00 AM
Great! That's what I wanted.

Then, you mean that in Exchange 5.5 it would work, but can generate a bug or
something, right?
If that's the case, to what degree can I guarantee its operation?

Thank you.

Richard

"Jim McBee (MVP - Exchange)" <jmcbee@cta.spambegone.net> wrote in message
You can set this, but it is for the maximum number of recipients in the
message before distribution list expansion, so a distribution list counts as
one recipient.  It is much more accurate in Exchange 2000/2003.
Here is a URL that has the Registry key.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/maintain/appc.mspx

You need the "Max Recipients On Submit" key.

--
Jim McBee
Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
Directory Update - http://www.directory-update.com

"richard" <kpark@dreamwiz.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We are using Exchange 5.5 server now and for some reason,
> we need to restrict the number of recipients that an user can send at
> once.
>
> I tried to find at most of configuration dialogs, but could not find it.
>
> Is it possible to enable this function in Exchange 5.5?
> Or is there a 3rd party tool regarding this?
>
> Appreciate it if you can find it or help me.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Richard

0
kpark (2)

Bounce email if recipient doesn't exist.
We are running Exchange 2003. If an email is sent to our domain, but the recepient doesn't exist, the email is not bounced back. Can this be changed? Yes, use Recipient Filtering - (Message Delivery properties | Recipient Filtering tab | Filter recipients who are not in the Directory), *and* enable Recipient Filter in SMTP virtual server properties (General tab | Advanced | Edit | Apply Recipient Filter) Also look at enabling SMTP tarpitting if you use Recipient Filtering. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842851 -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog locatio...

Setup the excluding list for sending message size restriction
Hi, I want to setup excluding group of sending message size restriction and I do not where to start. For example, all employee have 2 MB attachement limit but I also need to setup exclusion group for manager and sale people which requiring 5MB. What will be the best way to implement it? I will be appreciated your suggestion and hints. Thank you in advance, Johnny Chow Johnny: I can think of a couple of ways to do this, but probably the simplest is to set your global outgoing message limit to 2MB. Then, on the Exchange General property page for the users that can send large...

Email returned as #5.5.0 smtp;553 Recipient rejected
When we send email to certain domains it gets bounced back with the following message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Subject Sent: 3/14/2005 4:16 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: name@recipientdomain.com on 3/14/2005 4:16 PM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <mail.ourdomain.com #5.5.0 smtp;553 <name@recipientdomain.com> - Recipient Rejected! SMTP server has delivery restrictions in place...

The recipient name is not recongnized
Trying to send out via internet mail. Exchange for local mail. When sending attachments I get error saying recipient name not recognized MTS-IS Exchange....When sending regulare mail it works fine. When sending attachments via Outlook 2000 it works fine. Any ideas? Not sure if it relates to your problem, but note that using Exchange & Internet mail in the same profile in Outlook 2000 and prior versions is not supported and can lead to all kinds of annoyances. Your Outlook is trying to send Internet out via Exchange, it sounds like....what's your default mail service?You can up...

restrict account assignment
Currently all of our users have the ability to assign Accounts to theirselves or someone else. I can understand maybe assigning an activity, but when an account gets assigned, it assigns everything along with it. This can cause serious problems with those who may be competing or if there was a disruntled employee or even just for those beginning using CRM. How do I tighten it down so that only specified users can assign things and are there any best practices for this? Modify the Security Role being used by the users who shouldn't be able to Assign records. You can do this by logg...

Incorrect Recipient Policy Applied to users
Hi everybody, I have created a user using script and set the ldap values for msExchHomeServerName, homeMDB, when mail box is created for this user incorrect recipient policy applies. Any Ideas. I have compared this with the users created using AD native tool, the values of msExchHomeServerName, homeMDB, homeMTA all point to same values. but SMTP is set for the first server(The first server discovered). Any Ideas. Thanks Arome On 24 Nov 2006 01:57:42 -0800, "Arome" <arumugamk@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi everybody, > >I have created a user using script and set the ldap v...

odd recipient error
Program/Use: Outlook 2000- dial-up internet connection (not "always-on"). Problem: Try to send e-mail, but get the "Invalid recipient" error message; just as if e-mail address is wrong. Address(es) correct, however. Description: Can attempt to send one to several times with no success, sometimes trying for days, and then all of a sudden the mail will go through perfectly fine- no changing settings or anything. Can copy/paste exact info into a webmail account (same addresses/account/sendmail etc as set up in Outlook) and e-mail sends perfectly every time. Anyone have an...

No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient #3
Hi All, Is there a way of specifying the account that an e-mail is sent from? Is there a way of specifying the default account? I am receiving the error "No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient" when trying to send an e-mail. I am using outlook 2000 with the following setup:- 2 profiles - 1 for a microsoft exchange account and 1 for internet e-mail On the internet e-mail profile I have 3 e-mail accounts. E-mail was working for the first half of today and now isn't working. I have checked with the account provider and they aren't experiencing...

Is there a way to set recipient name resolution order?
I have a client that uses their initials as logon id's to AD. In the AD I have three users whose first names are Sandy. One of these users logon ID's is SAN. When addressing an email in Outlook, users want to put in the recipient's initials in the address line. This works great except for the one one user with the initials SAN. Is there any way that I can tell exchange/AD that when resolving a recipient name, look to the logon ID first, then look to the display name? John wrote: > I have a client that uses their initials as logon id's to AD. In the > AD I hav...

Restricted access to the sheets
Hello, I'm using Excel 2007 and I have a task to make an excel dokument where different user of my company will have access only to their own sheets not but to the sheets of their colleague. Is there a way to accomplish this duty? Ivan These are shared on a server? Separate workbooks? Can you store them in separate folders and give the user can only access sheets in his own folder? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/excel.htm "Ivan" <ivan@nekje.si> wrote in message news:ucYxiD94HH...

Is it possible to restrict who can send me a meeting request?
Hello, Is it possible to restrict who can send me a meeting request? Thinking of a CEO who doesn't want just anyone to be able to request a meeting with them. Using Outlook XP with Exchange 2003. Thanks, - Alan. You could set a rule to delete all meeting requests unless it is coming from certain amount of people. Exchange level solutions would probably require the use of Event Sinks. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Ques...

Restricting who can send to distribution lists
Hi, I want to restrict people from sending email to my distributin lists. The problem: I want that just "@domain1.pt" and "@domain2.pt" (SMTP external domains to my organization) are authorized to send mail to my lists. How can i do this in Exchange 2003? How cai i restricy by smtp domain? Thanks, Clemente Portugal - You can create a mail-enabled Contact for every sender in domain1.pt and domain2.pt, and set up the distribution groups to receive mail from your internal recipients and those Contacts... (ouch!) - Try setting up the Distribution Groups to accept mail...

How to change restriction to open internet links on outlook email?
HI, I tried to open a link in an email sent to me but a message popped up saying this, "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your administrator." I am the administrator. What do I do? Thank you for any help. It is an error with Internet Explorer see the following for the fix http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Hello" <Hello@discussions....

Message Restrictions not Working
I have inherited an Exchange organization. There is a mailbox with message restrictions - accept only from certain users. However, a user not on the list of these specifically authorized users is able to send a message to the mailbox. I note the previous administrator set up the AD account of the mailbox as a security group, not a distribution group. The user who was able to send this message--even though not authorized--has the restricted mailbox in her Outlook contact list. Would that bypass the restriction rule. How can we enforce the sending of messages to this mailbox only to membe...

System Attendant on recipient policies
Have had new Exchange enviroment up for 5 weeks (Native 2003). Set up 3 recipient policies to apply age limits for items in 3 separate storage groups. The 4th group has no policy. These were set to "generate report only" so I could get an idea of the effect of the policies. I also set them to generate report. The problem from the beginning was that I would receive 4 System Attendant messages every night approximately 15 min. apart. The users were also receiving 4 reports. The report states that each time it runs it is running against every group in the information store....

multiple recipients on one email address
We are using Exchange... Is there a way to set up an email address, so that multiple people in the office would all be sent the email? We work on projects as a group, and it woudl be so much easier if people on te eoutside could type one email, rather than one, plus everyone else that shoudl be copied. Many times, folks get in a hurry and jsut reply to an email, and don't remember to copy everyone else. I know we can do it inside, with a group, btu how about from outside? Gene Marz wrote: > We are using Exchange... > Is there a way to set up an email address, so ...

Append mail names based on whether 1 or two recipients and if marr
I have a table that can have two names on the various fields. What I want to achieve is like this: R Upson R & A Upson R Upson & A Other I have set up the first part but didnt know where to go on the 2nd part: Shortname: IIf([No_Of_Acct_Holders]=1,IIf([Customer1_FirstName]="",[Customer1_Surname],Left([Customer1_FirstName],1) & " " & [Customer1_Surname]),"XYZ") The table source is from a table so I could create a field that runs a macro to paste the data into the field if this is easier? There's not a simple, practical sol...

Recipient filter and Outlook error.
Good day, On our exchange 2003 environment we configured a few groups and normally users send mails to these groups. Since the groups should only receive mails from users that belong to the company (single exchange organisation), we added the groups' email addresses to the recipient filters and enabled this on the SMTP virtual server. The SMTP virtual server is configured to allow anonymous access as it is required for some company purposes. We have about 80 locations and about 3000 users. The problem we have right now is that for locations that are far off, we use POP/SMTP...

Emails sent are not being received by recipient
I am using Outlook 2007 installed via Office Professional 2007. Up until a couple of months ago, all seemed well. When I use REPLY or REPLY ALL to an email is it not always received by the recipient. It sends, shows in the sent box, but the recipient does not recieve it. There are NO indications it did not go out, and I don't get an error email saying it did not get received or their was a problem. ALL INDICATIONS POINT TO IT WAS RECEIVED. When I REPLY or REPLY ALL directly from my comast account, there are no problems. Therefore it seems to be an OUTLOOK 2007 proble...

Hi Im hoping someone could help with this one. I have a customer where i set up the ability for secretary to be able to access her bosses mailbox as well as the hope to send as that user (boss). Well i followed both of these articles, MS 327000, 281208. as well as information that i found from searching other post and still the user gets the message when trying to send as the other user: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: u...@xxxxxxx.net on 11/21/2005 10:14 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system adminis...

Restricting Inventory site for users
We are implementing GP for a large organization with many Inventory Sites and would like to have a way to restrict certain users from particular sites. Is there a solution for this? Thank you in advance, Ryan Which version of GP are you on? Are these sites with the same "company" in GP? There are some security restrictions that you can implement with GP security such as not allowing a user to post inventory transactions at all. But that would mean for a given user for all inventory transactions regardless of the site selected. The other way out is to customize the form and ...

Alternate recipient fail for external mail
We've got a 5.5 enterprise SP4 server. For forwarding e-mail to a external mailbox we've enabled alternate recipient for the user. When we send a e-mail from our internal accounts to the user, the mail is correctly forwarded to the external mailbox. So far so good. However, if an e-mail is send from an external sender to the user, th mail is not forwarded. The mail arrives in the users mailbox but is no forwared to the alternate recipient. intern mail->intern mailbox->extern mailbox works extern mail->intern mailbox->extern mailbox doesn't work What's is go...

How to determine a quantity that is weight restricted...
I have a calculated weight <B11>(given). I need to determine the max amount of fuel ( ? )that can be loaded to satisfy a landing weight restriction <I8>(given) knowing the consumption <H11> (given) for a specific period of time. Basically, I want to know the maximum amount of fuel in lbs that I can put into an aircraft, to fly a short flight, and not land above the maximum landing weight of the aircraft. > <B11> ... AC Min ZFW lbs ( 14343 ) > <L8> ..... AC Max Fuel lbs ( 6790 ) > <I8> .... AC Max Landing Weight lbs ( 18700 ) &...

What is Diff between "Recipient Update Policy and RUS"
Hi, I am very much confuged about the Diff between "Recipient Update Policy" and RUS. Please guide me... --- Regards Manish Gupta On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 21:37:37 +0530, <manish@nuis.com> wrote: >Hi, > > I am very much confuged about the Diff between "Recipient Update Policy" >and RUS. Please guide me... >--- >Regards >Manish Gupta > > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Guides/E2k3TechRef/a75e48d7-64bb-4040-9b6a-2c9f2c02b565.mspx?mfr=true Should help explain! ...

Outlook 2007 restricting me from connecting to IE 8
When I open an email that has a link, and i click on the link to access it I get a message that reads: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer, please contact your system administrator". Why am i being restricted? I check for permissions and it checked "no restrictions". Can anyone help? -- Tony R Tony wrote: > When I open an email that has a link, and i click on the link to access it I > get a message that reads: "This operation has been canceled due to > restrictions in effect on this comput...