Restricting no. of recipients

Hello,

We are using Exchange 5.5 server now and for some reason,
we need to restrict the number of recipients that an user can send at once.

I tried to find at most of configuration dialogs, but could not find it.

Is it possible to enable this function in Exchange 5.5?
Or is there a 3rd party tool regarding this?

Appreciate it if you can find it or help me.

Thanks.

Richard

0
kpark (2)

You can set this, but it is for the maximum number of recipients in the
message before distribution list expansion, so a distribution list counts as
one recipient.  It is much more accurate in Exchange 2000/2003.
Here is a URL that has the Registry key.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/maintain/appc.mspx

You need the "Max Recipients On Submit" key.

--
Jim McBee
Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

"richard" <kpark@dreamwiz.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We are using Exchange 5.5 server now and for some reason,
> we need to restrict the number of recipients that an user can send at
> once.
>
> I tried to find at most of configuration dialogs, but could not find it.
>
> Is it possible to enable this function in Exchange 5.5?
> Or is there a 3rd party tool regarding this?
>
> Appreciate it if you can find it or help me.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Richard

0
jmcbee9404 (625)
11/2/2006 9:54:00 AM
Great! That's what I wanted.

Then, you mean that in Exchange 5.5 it would work, but can generate a bug or
something, right?
If that's the case, to what degree can I guarantee its operation?

Thank you.

Richard

"Jim McBee (MVP - Exchange)" <jmcbee@cta.spambegone.net> wrote in message
You can set this, but it is for the maximum number of recipients in the
message before distribution list expansion, so a distribution list counts as
one recipient.  It is much more accurate in Exchange 2000/2003.
Here is a URL that has the Registry key.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/maintain/appc.mspx

You need the "Max Recipients On Submit" key.

--
Jim McBee
Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com
Directory Update - http://www.directory-update.com

"richard" <kpark@dreamwiz.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We are using Exchange 5.5 server now and for some reason,
> we need to restrict the number of recipients that an user can send at
> once.
>
> I tried to find at most of configuration dialogs, but could not find it.
>
> Is it possible to enable this function in Exchange 5.5?
> Or is there a 3rd party tool regarding this?
>
> Appreciate it if you can find it or help me.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Richard

0
kpark (2)

Restricting Input
Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell restriction that will only allow data input if another cell is "empty" or has a certain value? Kind of like an IF function, only when "true" exists, I can input any value, and when "false" exists, I must leave it blank. Thanks in advance. Randy, you can accomplish this using data validation. Select: data-validation, then input your restriction. Randy Vieira wrote: > Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell > restriction that will ...

Pricing restriction to price lists
Most of our customers do no wish to load all products to MS CRM. Therefore the system restriction to use price lists is too inflexible. In case of opportunities it is even not possible to enter manual prices on product level. ...

Recipient Update Service #12
We have a Windows 2000 domain which has 3 domain controllers each of them is a global catalog and there is 1 Exchange 2000 server. Anytime that we reboot the DCs and the Exchange server, there is a problem when we create new mailboxes. When we open the mailbox in Outlook, it says that it cannot connect to the server; existing mailboxes are OK. So, we have to go the Exchange System Manager and change the domain controller that both the Recipient Update Service (Enterprise) and Recipient Update Service (Domain) uses. After changing, new mailboxes can logon. Has anyone encountered this...

How do I set sent column to show recipient instead of sender
I have transfered all my email from outlook express (XP) to a new windows 7 computer running windows live mail. All is good except for the sent items list. It is showing myself instead of the recipient , why is this and is there a way to correct it ? Hi, viporpa. This should work in WLM just about as it always has in OE: Right-click on any column header, click Columns... and choose the ones you want. I see both From and To as options. Note that you may some differences between the columns in Mail from those in News. RC -- R. C. White, CPA San Marcos, TX rc@grandecom...

Send to mail recipient
When I right click on a file and go to send to, mail recipient, Windows Installer opens up and then it comes up "Either there is no defaul mail client, or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Outlook is my default, I have checked all setting and I have tried reinstalling, etc. Any suggestions? I sure do need this feature. Thanks! Is Outlook open when you try this? Try it with Outlook open. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to ...

Restrict calendar?
We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our employers are holding off on the purchase due to the fact that there is no way to restrict certain users from even being able to see "Free/Busy" on their calendars. They want it so that a whole Active Directory OU can be set to not have any calendar access to another OU's calendar. Does anyone know if this is possible? This is huge for us so a great big Thank You in advance to those who might have suggestion. sgsundqu wrote: > We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our > employe...

Restrictions
All of a sudden I am no longer able to click on hyperlinks embedded within email and get an error message "THIS OPERATION HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO RESTRICTION IN EFFECT ON THIS COMPUTER. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR." I haven't knowingly changed anything but some other program may have. How do I get back to normal? See if the articles at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D310049 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D307818 help with this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrator...

Verifying I am a BCC recipient of a message in Outlook 2003
I've been getting numerous SPAM messages addressed to other people at my ISP. My ISP writes the problem off, claiming that I am a BCC to these messages. This may be the case, for even when I send myself an e-mail from work with my home address as a BCC, I cannot get Outlook 2003 to display the fact that I am a BCC recipient. I would expect that my address (and only my address) would show up as a BCC. I'd also expect to see it in the internet header. Further, when I use field picker to add BCC as a new column, my BCC is still shown as blank How do I confirm that I was the BCC reci...

Customize handling of Send To -> Mail recipient
Hi, I'm writing a shell extension for a certain file type. When I right click mouse button on the file , choose Send To -> Mail Recipient, I want to call my own component that handles attaching the file and emailing it. Could someone tell me how I can handle the event on my own when the user chooses Send To-> Mail recipient from the context menu? Thanks. Raj ...

"Direct" (or "bulk") emails are not received by contact recipient
Using CRM 3.0. I created an email template and followed the procedure to send a "direct email" to a contact. The direct email appeared to be sent (no CRM error was displayed) but it did not arrive in the contact's mailbox. Our CRM is integrated with MS Outllook and we can send regular email (CRM email activities) from within CRM and they are received by external recipients. This problem only occurs when using "direct mail". We have checked the settings in the contact's properties and they are set to receive "direct mail". Does anyone have a suggesti...

Restrict DB Access
Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a single SQL Database/Server when they login to GP? Thanks It's unclear exactly what you want to do. In GP, you can restrict access by user to the company databases via the User Access window. When you set up the ODBC DSN, you are determing which database server the user can access through GP. Additionally, if you happen to have multiple servers, the best way to handle it is to have different user accounts. -- Charles Allen, MVP "JDR" wrote: > Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a si...

Restricting no. of recipients
Hello, We are using Exchange 5.5 server now and for some reason, we need to restrict the number of recipients that an user can send at once. I tried to find at most of configuration dialogs, but could not find it. Is it possible to enable this function in Exchange 5.5? Or is there a 3rd party tool regarding this? Appreciate it if you can find it or help me. Thanks. Richard You can set this, but it is for the maximum number of recipients in the message before distribution list expansion, so a distribution list counts as one recipient. It is much more accurate in Exchange 2000/2003....

restricting the drop lines to only a single series
I have mutiple-series charts, but would like restric the drop lines only to only one (ususlly the first) plotted data series. However, the drop line option seems to apply to ALL data series and creates an unreadable mess. Is there a way to see only what I want, i.e. the drop lines for a selected series only? z.entropic Hi Z, > I have mutiple-series charts, but would like restric the drop lines only to > only one (ususlly the first) plotted data series. However, the drop line > option seems to apply to ALL data series and creates an unreadable mess. > > Is there a way...

restrict to export records to Excel and restrict to print
Hi, It is a major requirement for us to restrict some users to export Microsoft CRM records to Excel file and to restrict them to print as stated in our implementation policies. Is there a possible workaround for this restriction? Would greatly appreciate for your fedback. Lot of thanks in advance. In v1.2 there is no easy way to do this. v3.0 should enable this via security roles. In thoery, you could do something with javascript that conditionally removed the link, but not sure how reliable it would be as it would need to do a server-based call to determine the security. Matt Parks...

restricted users
Is there any way to run pub 2002 xp as a restricted user? I want users on a certain machine to be able to user publisher but not install programs or make any system changes, as soon as they lose domain admin though, it barfs pretty hard. When you click on the icon it says it's running the installer package, then it throws a 1722 error saying there is a problem with the package and setup did not finish. The program at this point acually loads, but as soon as I try to do something it throws an error saying I have low memory or the disk is full and it crashes. Soon as I give domain...

Global
We have a 10 mb limit on send & receive per the user mailbox, how can I limit the amount of people an email gets sent to? Example we have a user who sends out a 8 mb file to everyone (200) in the company which is under the 10 mb limit so it passes the limit size for send & receive, but this many emails to 200 people takes our Exchange server to a grinding halt with this attachment. Does anyone know of a way to restrict emails to everyone in the company (or say 100 or more recipients) all with an attachment over a certain limit of say 5 mb? You could accomplish this by co...

Messaging size restriction bizzare
Hi, I am current using Trend Mico ScanMessage gateway and Exchange 2003. Incoming is going through ScanMessage gateway first and relay to Exchange 2003. I setup "sending message size" as 3900 KB in Global setting and 50000KB as receiving message size. I test it with internal mail and everything is fine accoring sending/receiving size restriction until external email such yahoo. For example, (External email) if I send 3 MB attachment which is fine and but not everything above 3900 KB (bounce: limit or email box is full). It seems Exchange is using sending message size (ov...

Correct Recipient Policy not being applied
Hi, I have a Windows 2000 AD with Exchange 2003 SP1. I am trying to use multiple recipient policies to stamp smtp addresses on recipients which match the relevant filter. The filter is based on mailboxes on a specific server, with Company field equal to a particular value. The problem I have is sometimes the correct policy applies and sometimes it is only the default policy which applies. When I have turned up diagnostics logging I can see the new account being evaluated and even the correct policy being chosen, but then the smtp addresses for that policy are not applied, and only the...

Restricted IPs still connecting despite Connection Restrictions
I have gone to System Manager -> Servers -> ServerName -> Protocols -> SMTP -> Default SMTP and setup the following under Access -> Connection Control on my Exchange 2003 SP1 Server. Select which computer's may access this virtual server: Only the listed computers... 1.2.3.0 (255.255.255.0) - Internal IPs AntiSPAM server IP 1 AntiSPAM server IP 2 AntiSPAM server IP 3 AntiSPAM server IP 4 AntiSPAM server IP 5 AntiSPAM server IP 6 AntiSPAM server IP 7 Still I am seeing connections from serveral other servers on the list. I have even accessed my server remotely via te...

Change the form of "send to mail recipient"
I would like to modify the email forms that opens when I click send to mail recipient from explorer. I am looking to open an email with my signature. I have winxp and OL2003 In Outlook, go tools, options, mail format and there is an option at th bottom for signatures -- stressed ----------------------------------------------------------------------- stressed!'s Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=272 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187056679 That option works only for your email account when you create a new email from outlook I am looking to change the for...

Missing Recipients
Recently I have noticed that when I look in my sent items it will display that I sent the email but to no recipients. I am NOT using the BCC field to send the messages. They just often times appear as if addressed to nobody. The messages are sent and received properly. If I open a message with this problem I will see that even though I received it will not have my name in the To field and if I look in the sent items folder of the sender it will be blank there as well. It seems that it's only a problem with our internal addresses and not outside recipients. Any ideas? We are r...

Can I restrict the undo function to the current sheet only?
In Word, the undo function applies to the active document only. In Excel, it not only switches sheets, but workbooks as well. Is there a way to restrict the undo function to the active sheet only? I guess I would then want Excel to maintain a separate undo stack for each sheet. At the very least, can I get this at the workbook level? Not with anything built into excel. On 09/23/2010 00:27, Prof Wonmug wrote: > In Word, the undo function applies to the active document only. > > In Excel, it not only switches sheets, but workbooks as well. > > Is there a way to restrict the ...

DL Restriction
I've Exchnage 2003 as my Mail Server and we have created DL's for executives and managers.Now wht is happening is any one can send mail on any DL although we have restricted to receive mails from INDIA Team which has alla the Dl's.Can we restrict executives DL not able to send mails to all the DL's.... ...

restrict users from a fake ids
hi , i have exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) i am getting a problem is that my clients are mailing through fake ids from my domain , my domain is "muet.edu.pk" but the users are able to mail as a hotmail id , how can i restrict them to mail from their own id , not from the hotmail or yahoo ids which is fake . thanks in advance regards ALI. On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 20:54:16 -0700, mohammad ali <mohammadali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi , > > i have exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) i am getting >a problem is...

Document restricted
I use the Avery add on for making labels when I am using Word 2007 from within the document itself. I recieve the following error message when I click the finish button when using the Avery program. "The addon method or property is not available because permission for this document is currently restricted" Windows 7 op system and Office Pro. Suite. I can not find how to fix this problem. Why are you not using the integrated label wizard that includes all the Avery labels? -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Larry H." <Larry H.@discussions.mic...