Restricting Message Size In Exchange 2000

I am trying to figure out how to set a limit on external email to 5mb, while having an internal limit of 10mb or maybe no limit at all.  In Exchange 5.5, I set this up in the Internet Mail Connector.  How would I accomplish the same thing in Exchange 2000?  I have one server in a single site layout.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
0
Cash (10)

To limit all sending message size to 10MB, you can modify the Message
Delivery Properties under Global Settings in Exchange System Manager.  If
you wanna override the setting for some users, you can use AD users and
Computers to set the limit user by user.  The setting is under the Exchange
General tab on user properties window.

To limit outgoing message from your organization to 5MB, you can modify the
default SMTP connector (the "SMTP *" address space connector).  Under the
Content Restrictions tab, you can set select the "Only messages less than
(KB):" checkbox and set a value.

--

S.Y.P. Lai
MCSE+Internet NT4

"Mark Cash" <Mark Cash@discussions.microsoft.com>
> I am trying to figure out how to set a limit on external email to 5mb,
while having an internal limit of 10mb or maybe no limit at all.  In
Exchange 5.5, I set this up in the Internet Mail Connector.  How would I
accomplish the same thing in Exchange 2000?  I have one server in a single
site layout.

> Thanks in advance for the advice.

0
syplai (116)
8/3/2004 1:39:10 AM
So any messages internal to the organization does not get passed through the SMTP connector?

Thanks, this was a big help.  I have been trying to get an answer to this for several weeks now.

Mark

"S.Y. Paul Lai" wrote:

> To limit all sending message size to 10MB, you can modify the Message
> Delivery Properties under Global Settings in Exchange System Manager.  If
> you wanna override the setting for some users, you can use AD users and
> Computers to set the limit user by user.  The setting is under the Exchange
> General tab on user properties window.
>
> To limit outgoing message from your organization to 5MB, you can modify the
> default SMTP connector (the "SMTP *" address space connector).  Under the
> Content Restrictions tab, you can set select the "Only messages less than
> (KB):" checkbox and set a value.
>
> --
>
> S.Y.P. Lai
> MCSE+Internet NT4
> MCSE+Security Win2K
> MCSE+Messaging Win2k3
>

> "Mark Cash" <Mark Cash@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > I am trying to figure out how to set a limit on external email to 5mb,
> while having an internal limit of 10mb or maybe no limit at all.  In
> Exchange 5.5, I set this up in the Internet Mail Connector.  How would I
> accomplish the same thing in Exchange 2000?  I have one server in a single
> site layout.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for the advice.

0
MarkCash1 (1)

Messages queue up in hte outbox
I see the below described events listed in the system log & anywhere from 30 min to 8 hours later users begin to complain that messages are not leaving their outboxes. I try & restart the information store & it times out trying to stop the service, I then kill the store.exe process & restart the services & all is happy until that event appears again. This has happened probably 7 times in the past two weeks. I have reinstalled Sp4 for Exchange, didn't help. event: Source: Application Popup Category: None Event ID: 26 Description: Application Popup: store.exe - Applicati...

Restricting Input
Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell restriction that will only allow data input if another cell is "empty" or has a certain value? Kind of like an IF function, only when "true" exists, I can input any value, and when "false" exists, I must leave it blank. Thanks in advance. Randy, you can accomplish this using data validation. Select: data-validation, then input your restriction. Randy Vieira wrote: > Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell > restriction that will ...

Message Sorting Problems
Running Outlook 2003 I have ran into some problems sorting emails. Usually when I have an email highlighted and I sort my messages by the senders name it will jump me to the highlighted email after the sort. When I do this in Outlook now, it jumps me to the top of my messages list after the sort. Any idea why this is happening? Found the solution. Go into Outlook disable group views. You do this by clicking View>Arrange By>Current View>Customize Current View. Click Group button and uncheck the Automatically group according to arrangement option. Go back to your messag...

Some "Exchange Tasks" missing. #2
I have recently installed Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition on our Windows 2000 Server SP4 and encountered no problems during the installation. I have made no signifigant alterations to the setup since the installation. In the "Exchange Tasks..." wizard in the AD Users and computers snap-in, the only task that appears for users is the "Remove Exchange Attributes". Furthermore, there are no Exchange-related tabs on the properities page of each AD user. This means I have not been able to create any mailboxes yet. I have installed and reinstalled the Exchange S...

Font size changing on different computers
Having problems with header font changing size when opened on computer B. Both computers running Word 2003. Network shared letterhead template has Arial 12, 10 & 9 one size on each line. Created on Cmpt A and saved to shared network drive, opens on Cmpt B with font changed to 11, 10 and 10. Prints that way from Cmpt B, but saved to network and printed from Cmpt A, prints correctly. Letterhead is fine when opened on Cmpt B using template. Tried font substitution, but states no substitution necessary. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks. Hi Bette Beau, With the documen...

Autoarchive/Cached Exchange Mode
Using Outlook 2003 in cached exchange mode the autoarchive function does not work. I was wondering as there is no data on the local machine as we're using cached exchange mode and it stays all on the server if that would have any bearing. Cheers AutoArchive works fine when using Outlook 2003 in cached mode. There are things that can influence when an item is eligible for archiving and/or the default setting of Outlook 2003 does not enable all folders for archiving. "any" <any@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:%23mLGJFuqEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Usin...

Exchange Disaster Recovery #5
hello been asked to come up with some DR (in the event of total meltdown) plans for Exchange 2003 across 2 sites. Each site hosts a 2 node passive/active 2k3 exchange cluster what i had planned both locations have their databses backed up with netbackup, what id planned on doing duplicate the backup jobs (weekly/monthly backups) to a netbackup server in the DR site in the event of total disaster of siteA rename exchange DRserver to exch-siteA, add to domain restore databases to this server this would keep the AD pointers to homeMDB intact? and would remove the need to mess about with legacyD...

Formatting changes in message replies.
I know I ought to know the answer to this but... My OE is set to Ariel for both composing and reading messages, and not to reply in the same format they are received. Yet I send a message to a friend who is using Outlook (I'm not v familiar with Outlook settings), which he says is set to Ariel, and when he replies, his part is in Ariel, but mine has been converted to Times. Which, if that is how it appears to others, he might send my stuff to, makes me look even more quaint and old fashioned than I really am! How might I tell him to correct this, or is there some way my...

NDR - Counter
Hello, My exchange organisation is 2 exchange serveur 2003 ( SP1 ) Back end and 1 Exchange 2003 ( SP1) Front end. During a problem with the 2 exchange back end servers, a lot of emails were not delivered and a lot of NDR were generated. Is it a way to know the number of failed mails and NDR generated ? (Message tracking is on function) If that's not possible for this past event, what is the best way to monitor this in the future ? (Counters, third partie, ...) Many thanks James In the future, which counters On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 08:22:06 -0800, "James" <James@discus...

Exchange 2000 Default mailbox size
Hi to all! I'm auditing every mailbox in our Organization all is set to default limit size. I'd like to know is how much is the size in MB for a default mailbox size in Exchange 2000. Thanks in Advanced. Emslan Hi Emslan, There is no default limit for mailbox size, you need to set this limit. Also Exchange 2000 does not set any Default message size limits (Send & Receieve), as Exchange 2003 now does. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "emslan" <emslan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Restrict calendar?
We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our employers are holding off on the purchase due to the fact that there is no way to restrict certain users from even being able to see "Free/Busy" on their calendars. They want it so that a whole Active Directory OU can be set to not have any calendar access to another OU's calendar. Does anyone know if this is possible? This is huge for us so a great big Thank You in advance to those who might have suggestion. sgsundqu wrote: > We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our > employe...

Pricing restriction to price lists
Most of our customers do no wish to load all products to MS CRM. Therefore the system restriction to use price lists is too inflexible. In case of opportunities it is even not possible to enter manual prices on product level. ...

Cannot delete one message in Windows Mail
A message fron Sen Feinstein to an individual copied to me can not be deleted ? On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:43:18 +0100, John Kirby wrote: > A message fron Sen Feinstein to an individual copied to me can not be > deleted ? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows version number in the message. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail ...

Error message #77
I get following Outlook error message: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? "If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'. [Options Yes, No, Help] Never got this until I installed Adobe Acrobat 6, Standard. Adobe Tech says they can solve problem but will cost $39 on my nickel (no toll-free phones to Adobe Tech). They say MS problem but cannot find fix. Anybody out there know how to fix this? Thanks. Emmett <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get follow...

eliminate message from append query to eliminate duplicate record.
Create a new query in design view. Add the two tables for which you wish to compare. When you see the two tables in the design view of the query click on one of your 2 join fields and drag to the corresponding join field in the other table (a line should appear) then double click on fields to add them to the query. For your comparison field Your going to have to explain how you want to compare the two fields. What type of field is in table B, and what kind of comparison do you want to do? You could start with something simple like entering "ComparisonField:Iif(tableA.field1=tableB.field2,...

Error Messages
i have a cell that draws information from the sheets that have not been filled in yet and i recive #N/A i would like to recive nothing in that cell. =SUM(Q39*144/V39) In a nother sell i recive #DIV/0! The formula is =((0.109136*(Q39^1.9))/R39)^(1/5.02) if the imformation is not avalible would like it blank any help with this would be great Use ISERROR formula within IF eg. =IF(ISERROR(B1/C1),"",B1/C1) general forms is =IF(ISERROR(your formula),"Result if formula gives error",your formula) "msao" wrote: > i have a cell that draws inform...

Find Message in Multiple Queues?
Does anyone know of an easy way (tool\utility or just something I am missing) to find a message across multiple queues at once? We recently had a user try to send out a 0.5MB email to 3000 "sales leads" (yes, that's 1.5GB total) and it brought our Internet bandwidth to its knees. I had to disable out-bound email, and the delete the message manualy from nearly 2900 queues. It would have been really nice if I could have done a "Find Message" accross multiple queues, rather than one queue at a time. Thanks, Just check the queue folder under mailroot\vsi 1 on you...

Undeliverable message!
I have one user that is recieving this following message only from one person all other e-mails that she sends semm fine except for this particular person: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: amsnitow@igc.org on 9/22/2004 10:39 AM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <mailsvr.eef.local #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)> ...

Phantom outbox message
I have no messages in my outbox folder, but when sending and receiving emails, outlook always tries to send 1 or 1. If I do have one email waiting then it is sending 1 of 2. There may have been an email that was deleted, unsent. But how to I get rid of this phantom email? Outlook 2003 Sending to an SMTP mailserver Thanks http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/delete_rr.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, jingle ...

Verifying I am a BCC recipient of a message in Outlook 2003
I've been getting numerous SPAM messages addressed to other people at my ISP. My ISP writes the problem off, claiming that I am a BCC to these messages. This may be the case, for even when I send myself an e-mail from work with my home address as a BCC, I cannot get Outlook 2003 to display the fact that I am a BCC recipient. I would expect that my address (and only my address) would show up as a BCC. I'd also expect to see it in the internet header. Further, when I use field picker to add BCC as a new column, my BCC is still shown as blank How do I confirm that I was the BCC reci...

Message if address is unknown
It appears that this doesn't happen, I assumed that this is configured at first install or that this is a standard message that would be send out if the e-mail address wasn't found. As a complete novice on excange where can i find this? How can i configure the message? Can someone assist me? Thanks On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 23:51:07 -0700, Jo@work78 <Jowork78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >It appears that this doesn't happen, I assumed that this is configured at >first install or that this is a standard message that would be send out if >the e-mail address wasn...

unauthorised to access page message
I just thought I would share this interesting issue with the group, I have been rolling out CRM without to many issues but then I had one laptop which refused to allow the user access to the CRM server. The error message was reported as "unauthorised to access page" error. after a lot of checking the configuration and playing with security levels etc I found by chance that the laptop had not completed a recent Windows update correctly. This was resolved by booting into safe mode, connecting to the windows update site running an outdate ( this failed as expected ) and then reb...

Exchange 2003 intermittent crashing
Hi. I'm having difficulties with inetinfo.exe intermittently crashing my Exchange 2003 Server. I have Server Alive installed on the server and have it setup so that it alerts me when the inetinfo service stops. Usually, it's able to restart itself and email continues along. Sometimes though, the following event (id 1000) is logged: Faulting application inetinfo.exe, version 6.0.3790.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.0, fault address 0x00008bfc. At this point email is no longer available to the user. When I get to the server all Exchange services are running (or...

Keep mail icon only for messages in inbox ???
Hello all, I running Outlook 2002 (XP Home) and SpamBayes. SpamBayes is an anti-spam filter that automatically removes messages as they arrive if they are deemed to be spam. (I also have Spam Bayes set up to mark these messages once moved to the Spam folder as read) Right now I get the new mail icon in my taskbar (the envelope icon) when any new mail arrives (no matter if it's a real message and stays in my inbox or a spam message that is moved to my spam folder). Is there a way I can set things up so I'll only get the new mail icon for "real" mail that remains in my inbox?...

Instant Messaging seperate server
Hi all, Has anyone installed Instant Messaging on a separate server from your corporate exchange server? I ran through the steps in the link below: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=44707 But I didn't enable the reversable encryption. Is this absolutely necessary? What are the ramifications of enabling this setting? Thanks, Pair Twisted Pair: I have installed IM and Conferencing on a separate server than our user server. It was around 4 years ago, but I do not recall having performed any steps out of the ordinary. What I would suggest, "in this da...