Restricting access to public folder

I need to restrict access to all public folders for some new employees for a
client. The client is using Exchanger Server 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 SBS
server. Can you tell me how I can accomplish this?

Jim

Very good article, please read it.

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Public-Folder-Improvements-Exchange-2003-Service-Pack-2.html

Systems Administrator-Messaging, India

"Jim Peterson" wrote:

> I need to restrict access to all public folders for some new employees for a
> client. The client is using Exchanger Server 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 SBS
> server. Can you tell me how I can accomplish this?
>
> Jim

Access Subtotal in Query
I have a simple query that uses 3 fields. Location, Person and Value. When I group by location and person and sum value, I get all the results I need but I would love to see subtotals for each location. I'm using Access 2003. How do I add in the subtotals. Something like Maryland, Person 1, 5 Maryland, Person 2, 10 Maryland Subtotal, 15, - this is the line I'm trying to get New York, Person 1, 20 Do this in a report. In report design view, open the Sorting And Grouping box (View menu.) Choose the Location field, and in the lower pane of the dialog, set Group Footer to Yes. You ...

Deleted Folder from MS Excel '97
Is it possible to retrieve a Folder that was deleted (by right side click delete) from the hard drive? It didn't go to the Recycle Bin. I would like to get it back. Only if you have special software that can do these things, the kind that FBI uses Maybe Norton utilities can do that but it doesn't sound like you have that installed -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Julie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:076801c3aadc$23ad68c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to retrieve a Folder that was deleted (by > right side click delete) from the...

Accessing Portfolio
Using Money v.14 (2004 I think) Up until a few days ago I accessed my investment portfolio by clicking on 'Investing' then 'view my portfolio'. Now 'Investing' brings up a page of msn marketing bumf, and I can't find any route on it to my portfolio details! I just want to access my accounts. How can I bypass this marketing junk? Jonathan Gibbs ...

Restricting Input
Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell restriction that will only allow data input if another cell is "empty" or has a certain value? Kind of like an IF function, only when "true" exists, I can input any value, and when "false" exists, I must leave it blank. Thanks in advance. Randy, you can accomplish this using data validation. Select: data-validation, then input your restriction. Randy Vieira wrote: > Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell > restriction that will ...

Searching a Public Folder to determine Bounced emails
I have setup a Public Folder to accept all of our bounced messages, and I am trying to see if anyone knows of a script which allows me to scan this folder and extract all of the bounced email addresses. ...

Access- How to log which user has modified access db?
Hi All, We have one MS Access database, which is being shared/accessed by number of users at the same moment. Few of them are admin users too who can perform update/delete/insert operations too. Now we have a requirement to log which users has perform which update operations. Is there some way, can you please advise. Thank you so much in advance, Best regards, Sunil Somani If you have User Level security enabled, you can add a column to each table and call the CurrentUser() function and add that user in the before update event of the form. Without that, you can use t...

I cannot view my pictures/word art in saved publications
For some reason when I open a saved publication it shows up blank without the pictures and wordart. I have re-installed my office.. but that didnt seem to solve the problem!! Have you looked at it on another computer? Does it print okay? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Krystal" <Krystal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBECC293-BFE5-4337-8230-8B0C8AFECE16@microsoft.com... > For some reason when I open a saved publication it shows up blank without > the > pictures and wordart. I have re-installed my office.. but that didnt seem >...

Restrict calendar?
We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our employers are holding off on the purchase due to the fact that there is no way to restrict certain users from even being able to see "Free/Busy" on their calendars. They want it so that a whole Active Directory OU can be set to not have any calendar access to another OU's calendar. Does anyone know if this is possible? This is huge for us so a great big Thank You in advance to those who might have suggestion. sgsundqu wrote: > We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our > employe...

Convert publication to Mac
I've created an event program in Publisher '00 with the intention of getting 150 color photocopies donated. The sponsor I found is willing to print at their business, on their computer/printer. They have Mac (and at this point I don't know what their publishing programs are) I don't even know where to start. And I need to have it done tomorrow! Thanks Judy Burrows Besides PDF like Brian suggested, you could always download the Adobe Generic Postscript driver from the Adobe website and give them a Postscript or EPS file. EPS is only a single page format, so if this publ...

Customize the mailbox to include new folders
I've been asked by my manangement to see if there was a way to automatically create folders in a mailbox depending on what dept you are in. We just migrated from Lotus Notes to Exchange and if you know Notes, it's relatively easy to cutomize the Notes mail database by creating different mail db templates for each dept, but I have no idea how to do this in Exchange. From what I see there isn't a way to select a mailbox template in Exchange or for that matter customize it. Can someone point me in a direction that will help me accomplish this. Thank you. There is no easy w...

Pricing restriction to price lists
Most of our customers do no wish to load all products to MS CRM. Therefore the system restriction to use price lists is too inflexible. In case of opportunities it is even not possible to enter manual prices on product level. ...

Missing Folder #2
My unread mail folder is missing. How can I restore it? I looked in the delete file, etc. and it is not there. Please help me. I have outlook 2003. Wasnt aware there was such, unless you created one. Perhaps your refering to a View "capsrv" <capsrv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90183591-3509-45C3-9689-8F5BFB9B18DE@microsoft.com... > My unread mail folder is missing. How can I restore it? I looked in the > delete file, etc. and it is not there. Please help me. I have outlook 2003. capsrv <capsrv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Restrictions
All of a sudden I am no longer able to click on hyperlinks embedded within email and get an error message "THIS OPERATION HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO RESTRICTION IN EFFECT ON THIS COMPUTER. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR." I haven't knowingly changed anything but some other program may have. How do I get back to normal? See if the articles at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D310049 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D307818 help with this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrator...

unauthorised to access page message
I just thought I would share this interesting issue with the group, I have been rolling out CRM without to many issues but then I had one laptop which refused to allow the user access to the CRM server. The error message was reported as "unauthorised to access page" error. after a lot of checking the configuration and playing with security levels etc I found by chance that the laptop had not completed a recent Windows update correctly. This was resolved by booting into safe mode, connecting to the windows update site running an outdate ( this failed as expected ) and then reb...

how to get "program files" folder?
Hi, I know "GetSystemDirectory" will get the system folder, such as "system32" in Winxp. but how can I get "program files" folder? thanks a lot, larry Read the "ProgramFilesDir" value from the registry, the path is below. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion "larry" <larry@xxx.com> wrote in message news:7oJCc.886925$Ig.305368@pd7tw2no... > Hi, > > I know "GetSystemDirectory" will get the system folder, such as "system32" > in Winxp. > but how can I get "program files&q...

Access 2007 freezes with everything
Hi, We've currently upgraded our Office 2002 to Office 2007. I know that with new programs comes "bugs" and "issues" to be worked out. However, we seem to be encountering a big problem with Access 2007. When opening an existing database (created in Access 2002), Access 2007 will allow the program to open, but if you try to do anything with that database....bam! it freezes. When I say anything, I mean just that. --If it's an existing database (any), as soon as you click in a record...Access freezes. --If it's an existing database (any), and you want ...

Sent mail not appearing in imap sent items folder ?
I am using windows live mail to handle my email for a number of accounts. In one account I'm connecting to an imap server. I can read the email for that account, and send emails from that account, but I do not see the sent mail items in the Sent Items Folder. If I reset the folder list I get an Inbox folder, with Draft, Sent items and Trash sub folders. Other imap accounts work fine, and the sent mails appear in the Sent Items folder for that account. This shows that the option to save sent mail in the Sent Items folders is working ok ? Any ideas ? Thanks Tony Which IMAP...

Notification for a fax posted to a public folder
We have setup our exchange to post incoming faxes to public folders. I've setup different folder for each department. The question has come up is there a way to notify a user like when they get a new email that a fax has been posted to the public folder? You can by means of an add-in; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Watch-Outlook-Folders.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setti...

Is this possible in Access?
I have searched and searched for the 'perfect bingo program'. I have a few, but they don't do exactly what I want.I would like to create custom pages for printing, with one or two cards on each page. B4 landscape for single cards, B4 Portrait for doubles. A total of 50 pages for singles, 25 for doubles.On each page, I want to place a 5x5 grid with the numbers 1-25 placed at random. This I will do manually, I don't need access to generate random patterns for each page.Then, I would like to load a series of pictures, saved with the file names 1.jpg-25.jpeg.On each page, based on ...

Restrict DB Access
Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a single SQL Database/Server when they login to GP? Thanks It's unclear exactly what you want to do. In GP, you can restrict access by user to the company databases via the User Access window. When you set up the ODBC DSN, you are determing which database server the user can access through GP. Additionally, if you happen to have multiple servers, the best way to handle it is to have different user accounts. -- Charles Allen, MVP "JDR" wrote: > Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a si...

Public folder permissions #3
On 5.5 you could change permissions on public folders via Exchange administrator and choose a tick box which prfopogated the permission to all sub-folders. I am now using e2003 how do I set a permission using Exchange System Manager to propogate to all sub folders as I can not seem to be able to see an option to do so and where exactly in System manager do I set permissions on public folders as there seems to be 2 places you can view them, 1 under public folders and 2 under the site name / server name / public folder store where you see all folders including subfolders. Open the Exchange S...

Converting access report to pdf format
hi I wrote a database that, among other things, prints a variety of reports for my clients. Once each report is done, I run a program called pdfWriter to convert each report to a pdf file. (When this program is installed, I select the printer called pdfWriter then print the file. It doesn't actually print a physical copy but saves the file in pdf format.) Then I e-mail these pdf reports to the clients. What I'm looking for are ways that I could automate this process from Access. Can this be done? If so, could someone point me in the right direction. Any clues would be grea...

Preparing for Access 2010
I'm preparing my application's installation packaging and documentation for ultimate release of Access 2010. Checking with MS, I see that two versions are available (and quite a bit different in size). One is Access 2010 32-bit. The other is Access 2010 64-bit. There's also a download link for each ... I guess this dnwloads the beta version. Here's my question... The MS specs don't specifically state this, but will the 32-bit version of Access 2010 Runtime work on 64-bit Windows 7 ? It'll obviously install into the 32-bit "Program Files"...

_shadowTemp Folder in outlook.
Hi, Do anybody know anything about _shadowTemp folder in outlook. Is this some sort of temp folder that outlook internally for some purpose ?. Also where do you get some pointer (entry id ) of this folder for the pst. Thanks, Sreenivas thsree@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > Do anybody know anything about _shadowTemp folder in outlook. Is > this some sort of temp folder that outlook internally for some purpose > ?. Also where do you get some pointer (entry id ) of this folder for > the pst. > > Thanks, > Sreenivas This turns out to be a temp profile created by...

exchange 2000 public callendar entries not showing on private calendar
Hello does anyone know why are my public calendar entries not showing in my personal calendar, does anyon know how is this done? thanks Hi, <jcharth@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1109108193.607366.108430@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hello does anyone know why are my public calendar entries not showing > in my personal calendar, does anyon know how is this done? > thanks do we talk about a calender in a public folder? cheers, Andy Andy Rath [MVP Exchange] wrote: > Hi, > > <jcharth@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag > news:1109108193.6...