Restricting access #2

Hi,
We have Exchange 2003 Sp2 on windows 2003 Sp1 server.
We wanted to give a client access to a public calendar. Is it possible to do
this with out giving them an exchange account? If they need an exchange
account, is it possible to restrict them to only viewing the calendar and not
having them have access to the inbox, contacts etc..?  I probably try to set
them up with a pop 3 account. Or is there an easier way using OWA? Any
thoughts? Thanks.

Mitch
0
Mitch (67)

POP3 does not support public folders.

You can have clients access the PFs using OWA -
http/https://server.domain.com/public - you would still need to create an
account to authenticate with - unless you allow anonymous access to your
public folders.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"mitch" <mitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> We have Exchange 2003 Sp2 on windows 2003 Sp1 server.
> We wanted to give a client access to a public calendar. Is it possible to
> do
> this with out giving them an exchange account? If they need an exchange
> account, is it possible to restrict them to only viewing the calendar and
> not
> having them have access to the inbox, contacts etc..?  I probably try to
> set
> them up with a pop 3 account. Or is there an easier way using OWA? Any
> thoughts? Thanks.
>
> Mitch

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
3/14/2006 4:29:52 PM
I wanted this user to only be able to access the calendar and restrict them
from using the inbox and contacts. Is this possible?

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> POP3 does not support public folders.
>
> You can have clients access the PFs using OWA -
> http/https://server.domain.com/public - you would still need to create an
> account to authenticate with - unless you allow anonymous access to your
> public folders.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "mitch" <mitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > We have Exchange 2003 Sp2 on windows 2003 Sp1 server.
> > We wanted to give a client access to a public calendar. Is it possible to
> > do
> > this with out giving them an exchange account? If they need an exchange
> > account, is it possible to restrict them to only viewing the calendar and
> > not
> > having them have access to the inbox, contacts etc..?  I probably try to
> > set
> > them up with a pop 3 account. Or is there an easier way using OWA? Any
> > thoughts? Thanks.
> >
> > Mitch

0
Mitch (67)

money for pocketpc #2
Money for pocketpc won't recognize money 2003 on my desktop pc. I don't know what is wrong, one time it worked although it changed my balances to values that did not match my bank accounts. Recently, I tried to re-install money for pocketpc but it told me that it did not detect a copy of money on my computer even though I have money 2003 installed on my computer. This probably depends on the version of Money for PPC that you're using. Generally, each version that's onl the MS site only works with a limited number of versions of Money, so unless you're trying to use...

RSS Feeds - Duplicate downloads
Hi everyone, I've added a few RSS feeds to Outlook 2007 beta 2 such as slashdot and when new feeds are downloaded, they are downloaded in duplicates. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks folks Damon Hi Damon, Yes. It stopped after a while here. Patrick Schmid "Damon" <damon7@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1149117762.657798.223560@h76g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > Hi everyone, > > I've added a few RSS feeds to Outlook 2007 beta 2 such as slashdot and > when new feeds are downloaded, they are downloaded in duplicates. Has > anyone had this proble...

Access Subtotal in Query
I have a simple query that uses 3 fields. Location, Person and Value. When I group by location and person and sum value, I get all the results I need but I would love to see subtotals for each location. I'm using Access 2003. How do I add in the subtotals. Something like Maryland, Person 1, 5 Maryland, Person 2, 10 Maryland Subtotal, 15, - this is the line I'm trying to get New York, Person 1, 20 Do this in a report. In report design view, open the Sorting And Grouping box (View menu.) Choose the Location field, and in the lower pane of the dialog, set Group Footer to Yes. You ...

Accessing Portfolio
Using Money v.14 (2004 I think) Up until a few days ago I accessed my investment portfolio by clicking on 'Investing' then 'view my portfolio'. Now 'Investing' brings up a page of msn marketing bumf, and I can't find any route on it to my portfolio details! I just want to access my accounts. How can I bypass this marketing junk? Jonathan Gibbs ...

Restricting Input
Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell restriction that will only allow data input if another cell is "empty" or has a certain value? Kind of like an IF function, only when "true" exists, I can input any value, and when "false" exists, I must leave it blank. Thanks in advance. Randy, you can accomplish this using data validation. Select: data-validation, then input your restriction. Randy Vieira wrote: > Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell > restriction that will ...

Profiles #2
Is there a way to create all the setting for an email account thru a resource kit or programming and send it out for users to install them? Victor Yes, the OFfice Resource Kit has the tools. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Victor Rodriguez" <salsa2k@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:%23G3brtndEHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to create all the setting for an email account thru a > resource kit or...

Formula Length #2
Hi all, I tried the following formula: =IF(L6=1,"ABC",IF(L6=2,"DEF",IF(L6=3,"GHI",IF(L6=4,"JKL",IF(L6=5,"MNO",IF(L6=6,"PQR",IF(L6=7,"STU",IF(L6=8,"VWX","XYZ")))))))) As in this formula, i can test 9 situations only. but i want to set more conditions on that cell only. but excel is not accepting more values than 9. how can i do it? please suggest. Regards Mukesh Hi! Create a table: 1..........abc 2..........def 3..........ghi Then use a lookup formula: =VLOOKUP(L6,table_range,2,0) Or: (no tabl...

Access- How to log which user has modified access db?
Hi All, We have one MS Access database, which is being shared/accessed by number of users at the same moment. Few of them are admin users too who can perform update/delete/insert operations too. Now we have a requirement to log which users has perform which update operations. Is there some way, can you please advise. Thank you so much in advance, Best regards, Sunil Somani If you have User Level security enabled, you can add a column to each table and call the CurrentUser() function and add that user in the before update event of the form. Without that, you can use t...

2 Axis Column Chart #3
I want to create a column chart that has one data series on the left axis, and the other series on the right axis. Pretty easy if you want the 2nd axis to be a line, but can't figure out how to do this with a column. Hi, You need to stagger your data to stop the 2 sets of columns overlapping each other. See here for information. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy dguilbault wrote: > I want to create a column chart that has one data series on the left axis, > and the other series on the right axis. Pretty easy if you want the 2nd axis >...

Restrict calendar?
We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our employers are holding off on the purchase due to the fact that there is no way to restrict certain users from even being able to see "Free/Busy" on their calendars. They want it so that a whole Active Directory OU can be set to not have any calendar access to another OU's calendar. Does anyone know if this is possible? This is huge for us so a great big Thank You in advance to those who might have suggestion. sgsundqu wrote: > We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our > employe...

Pricing restriction to price lists
Most of our customers do no wish to load all products to MS CRM. Therefore the system restriction to use price lists is too inflexible. In case of opportunities it is even not possible to enter manual prices on product level. ...

Restrictions
All of a sudden I am no longer able to click on hyperlinks embedded within email and get an error message "THIS OPERATION HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO RESTRICTION IN EFFECT ON THIS COMPUTER. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR." I haven't knowingly changed anything but some other program may have. How do I get back to normal? See if the articles at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D310049 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D307818 help with this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrator...

hlookup or conditional format? #2
Ah, thank you both. Extra brownie points for Frank once again gettin there first :D I had no idea you could have =cell=. That will solve a few othe problems I have too. Thanks again -- EARTHWALKE ----------------------------------------------------------------------- EARTHWALKER's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=493 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27734 I beat him by 36 minutes in another question :-) "EARTHWALKER" <EARTHWALKER.1fk8ep@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:EARTHWALKE...

Missing Folder #2
My unread mail folder is missing. How can I restore it? I looked in the delete file, etc. and it is not there. Please help me. I have outlook 2003. Wasnt aware there was such, unless you created one. Perhaps your refering to a View "capsrv" <capsrv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90183591-3509-45C3-9689-8F5BFB9B18DE@microsoft.com... > My unread mail folder is missing. How can I restore it? I looked in the > delete file, etc. and it is not there. Please help me. I have outlook 2003. capsrv <capsrv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

unauthorised to access page message
I just thought I would share this interesting issue with the group, I have been rolling out CRM without to many issues but then I had one laptop which refused to allow the user access to the CRM server. The error message was reported as "unauthorised to access page" error. after a lot of checking the configuration and playing with security levels etc I found by chance that the laptop had not completed a recent Windows update correctly. This was resolved by booting into safe mode, connecting to the windows update site running an outdate ( this failed as expected ) and then reb...

Access 2007 freezes with everything
Hi, We've currently upgraded our Office 2002 to Office 2007. I know that with new programs comes "bugs" and "issues" to be worked out. However, we seem to be encountering a big problem with Access 2007. When opening an existing database (created in Access 2002), Access 2007 will allow the program to open, but if you try to do anything with that database....bam! it freezes. When I say anything, I mean just that. --If it's an existing database (any), as soon as you click in a record...Access freezes. --If it's an existing database (any), and you want ...

Time between 2 dates #2
Hi, I want to calculate the time (in minutes) between two dates. The forma is: dd/mm-uu:mm For example: (column B) Time 1 = 10/05-13:45 (column C) Time 2 = 10/05-20:30 (column E) Time 2 - Time 1 should give 405 minutes I attached the document. Any suggestions on this one? P Attachment filename: test.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=55445 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Enter this in to column E1 =(C1-B1)*1440 That should do the trick! Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Payee Rules Manager #2
I would like to get a message to the person or team that developed Payee Rules Manager. It is quite a disappointment to me, and others who've posted here to select a Preferred payee name then click Add under Payee name variation only to discover there is no drop down selection box for Payee name variation. There is also no obvious way to copy and paste the variations from somewhere else. Do you realize how much trouble this poorly designed dialog box causes customers? Was this tested for usability? With this design we sometimes have to manually type in payee name variations with l...

Is this possible in Access?
I have searched and searched for the 'perfect bingo program'. I have a few, but they don't do exactly what I want.I would like to create custom pages for printing, with one or two cards on each page. B4 landscape for single cards, B4 Portrait for doubles. A total of 50 pages for singles, 25 for doubles.On each page, I want to place a 5x5 grid with the numbers 1-25 placed at random. This I will do manually, I don't need access to generate random patterns for each page.Then, I would like to load a series of pictures, saved with the file names 1.jpg-25.jpeg.On each page, based on ...

Restrict DB Access
Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a single SQL Database/Server when they login to GP? Thanks It's unclear exactly what you want to do. In GP, you can restrict access by user to the company databases via the User Access window. When you set up the ODBC DSN, you are determing which database server the user can access through GP. Additionally, if you happen to have multiple servers, the best way to handle it is to have different user accounts. -- Charles Allen, MVP "JDR" wrote: > Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a si...

lovely #2
hi how do you do? bye ...

Converting access report to pdf format
hi I wrote a database that, among other things, prints a variety of reports for my clients. Once each report is done, I run a program called pdfWriter to convert each report to a pdf file. (When this program is installed, I select the printer called pdfWriter then print the file. It doesn't actually print a physical copy but saves the file in pdf format.) Then I e-mail these pdf reports to the clients. What I'm looking for are ways that I could automate this process from Access. Can this be done? If so, could someone point me in the right direction. Any clues would be grea...

2 kinds of "paste special"???
I have to copy many separate records from a very large excel file and pasted them into various places in another large excel file which is already formatted - So I use "paste special". I have done this before, selecting "value" from the options to maintain my formatting. Other options are paste special "formula" etc. But for some reason, this time when I go to paste, instead of getting the "paste special" box with the option "value", I get a different "paste special" box with options like "Biff5", HTML etc. I can selec...

Autodialer #2
I would like the "Create new Journal Entry when starting new call" checkbox to be checked by default so that every call made with the autodialer is logged. I believe I have followed Ken's registry instructions correctly, but without success. I had to create the "Enabled" value, but the others were already there and set. (I am running WinXP and Outlook 2002 SP-2.) Thanks a lot! ---------------------------------------------------------------------- J. Scott Smith Custom CAD Solutions www.customcadsolutions.com Current registry key: Key Name: HKEY_USERS\S-1-...

Preparing for Access 2010
I'm preparing my application's installation packaging and documentation for ultimate release of Access 2010. Checking with MS, I see that two versions are available (and quite a bit different in size). One is Access 2010 32-bit. The other is Access 2010 64-bit. There's also a download link for each ... I guess this dnwloads the beta version. Here's my question... The MS specs don't specifically state this, but will the 32-bit version of Access 2010 Runtime work on 64-bit Windows 7 ? It'll obviously install into the 32-bit "Program Files"...