Restrict Users & Share 1 Address

Hi,

I have a few different questions...

1) I would like to only certain users to be able to send
external e-mail.  How do i restrict this and allow it?

2) We have staf that share a role and recieve e-mail as a
distribution group, the only issue is when they send a
mail to reply it has their own reply address and then we
loose track of the progress.

Can multiple users share one reply address?  and of so or
not how can i do this or how have others resolved this?
0
m.drane (4)

You can restrict external e-mail at the internet gateway. Create a DL and
restrict the members of the DL from sending. Add/remove users as needed.

Instead of using a distribution group, create a mailbox and give everyone
rights to it. Have them use OWA to connect to the mailbox and all sent will
stay there.
"Matthew Drane" <m.drane@d2k.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a few different questions...
>
> 1) I would like to only certain users to be able to send
> external e-mail.  How do i restrict this and allow it?
>
> 2) We have staf that share a role and recieve e-mail as a
> distribution group, the only issue is when they send a
> mail to reply it has their own reply address and then we
> loose track of the progress.
>
> Can multiple users share one reply address?  and of so or
> not how can i do this or how have others resolved this?

0
shamusnc1 (17)
6/6/2004 4:17:00 PM
I think that SendAsGroup application could sove your secind problem.
See http://www.ivasoft.biz/sendasgroup.shtml

--
Regards,

Victor Ivanidze,
software developer

"Matthew Drane" <m.drane@d2k.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a few different questions...
>
> 1) I would like to only certain users to be able to send
> external e-mail.  How do i restrict this and allow it?
>
> 2) We have staf that share a role and recieve e-mail as a
> distribution group, the only issue is when they send a
> mail to reply it has their own reply address and then we
> loose track of the progress.
>
> Can multiple users share one reply address?  and of so or
> not how can i do this or how have others resolved this?

0
no1498 (362)
6/6/2004 8:03:17 PM
Hi Jim,

Not sure what u mean by using a Distribution List, can
you give me some steps and background.

Do i leave their smtp address in their profile etc??

Matthew

0
m.drane (4)

User Form
Hello, Anyone who can help me with this problem/error in Excel 2000. System Error &H8007000B (-2147024885) An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. Error was encountered when trying to Insert a UserForm. Excel --> Tools --> Macro --> Visual Basic Editor --> Insert --> UserForm Appreciate any assistance. Thanks. ...

Http/1.1 500 internal server error
hi , i have an exchange server 2003 with windows server 2003 , and i am getting an problem with attachment when i click on attachment button it will give an error that " internal server error" or "http/1.1 500 internal server error" so plzz tell me what i have to doo for this . thanks in advance. Wouldn't know honestly. But, does right clicking | save as work? ...

Ex2K
How do we determine who are currently logged on to Exchange 2000 server? Thanks in advance. Kind of ambiguous question....to the console, or via MAPI? You can download ExMon, which will show users mapi sessions...http://www.msexchange.org/ExchangeNews/April-2005-Exmon-Tool-Released.html "C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:%23juh2L4TGHA.5496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How do we determine who are currently logged on to Exchange 2000 server? > > Thanks in advance. > On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 14:38:50 -0600, "C C" <someone@atsbcglo...

SSL Crystal error om 1.2
Is itpossible to run Reports in combination with SSL. If I use http connection everything works fine but with https it won't work. I know that these was a problem with 1.0 version. Thanks I have run reports over an ssl connection on 1.2 even though microsoft says not possible. What issues are you seeing? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP "marc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2cf0201c469dd$69a16410$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is itpossible to run Reports in combination with SSL. > If I use http connection everything works fine but w...

Access- How to log which user has modified access db?
Hi All, We have one MS Access database, which is being shared/accessed by number of users at the same moment. Few of them are admin users too who can perform update/delete/insert operations too. Now we have a requirement to log which users has perform which update operations. Is there some way, can you please advise. Thank you so much in advance, Best regards, Sunil Somani If you have User Level security enabled, you can add a column to each table and call the CurrentUser() function and add that user in the before update event of the form. Without that, you can use t...

"Delivered" mail not in users mailboxes
Hello! I am trying to help a friend with an Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 server on Windows Server 2003 SP1. Several users report randomly not getting email, yet a review of the Exchange tracking logs shows event IDs 1023 and 1028, indicating successful delivery to their mailboxes. Is there any way to examine the Information Store on a deeper level than just using Outlook for the users' accounts? I would like to be able to search the whole store to see if it ended up anywhere else. Thank you! Gregg Hill Have you tried turning on message tracking and confirming delivery that w...

Outlook 2003 help setting up in/out of office users
We are looking to roll out a seamless package for users who work both in our office as well as on the road and off-line using Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 2003. Does anyone currently use a set-up similar to this, or can anyone direct me to any resources? Thanks Try the Office Resource Kit for tools to roll out Office/Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, tk asked: | We a...

hiding users from the global address list
When trying to hide a user from the global address list in Exchange 2003, the user is still visible in the global address list. Is there an area that needs to be configured that will hide the user immediately from the global address list? Thanks.... Are the users using Outlook 2003 in cached mode, therefore an address book rebuild/download is required? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "JohnnyG" <JohnnyG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:795C4BC5-F35A-4820-B395-48C008EF6BC4@microsoft.co...

Restricting Input
Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell restriction that will only allow data input if another cell is "empty" or has a certain value? Kind of like an IF function, only when "true" exists, I can input any value, and when "false" exists, I must leave it blank. Thanks in advance. Randy, you can accomplish this using data validation. Select: data-validation, then input your restriction. Randy Vieira wrote: > Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell > restriction that will ...

Print Note from Contact when printing address book
I have not been able to set the formatting so that all of the NOTES area of a CONTACT prints out for address book purposes. It simply cuts off at an arbitrary point. With some contacts it is desirable to print a large quantity of extra contact info in the printed address book, and the NOTES area is the only default area to include this info. Any help would be appreciated. Sean The solution is to perform a mail merge to Word starting with the Tools = | Mail Merge command in your contacts folder.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://...

Restrict calendar?
We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our employers are holding off on the purchase due to the fact that there is no way to restrict certain users from even being able to see "Free/Busy" on their calendars. They want it so that a whole Active Directory OU can be set to not have any calendar access to another OU's calendar. Does anyone know if this is possible? This is huge for us so a great big Thank You in advance to those who might have suggestion. sgsundqu wrote: > We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our > employe...

Non Domain Users in CRM??
Is it possible to have non domain users in CRM? The reason i ask, is because we just went to an Active Directory Domain last March, and made the change from Novell and Lotus Notes, to AD and Exchange. I have allot of users who arent actually using the domain, and log into thier local machine. they have accounts in the AD for Exchange, and other stuff, but they will not want to be forced over to the daomain for this program.... any ideas? Rodney yes, all of them have domain accounts. We use Exchange, and they need it for that, as well as other network security. Rodney Alistaird @ ...

splitting up an IP address #3
macro works perfect. Thank you! -- eluehmann ------------------------------------------------------------------------ eluehmann's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13095 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=277766 On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:59:51 -0600, eluehmann <eluehmann.1fmgi2@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > >macro works perfect. Thank you! I'm glad it works for you. Thank you for the feedback. I'm curious -- what is the purpose of splitting up the IP address like this? --ron FWIW, You c...

=?iso-8859-1?q?Change_Stressed_Characters_(=E1)_to_Chinese?=
Hi I really got a problem with Outlook. I am Spanish and use Xp and W2003. I use Word to send invoices by email using a template. It sends through Outlook. If the recipient uses Outlook everything is fine, but if it uses Hotmail, then all the stressed letters(=E1 =E9 =ED =F3 =FA) and = the following letter are turned into chinese characters, making the reading a pest. I have tried with different configurations of internet explorer, outlook and word options, but nothing changes. Any ideas? Thanks for reading Possible solutions: 1. Your clients should get a better email program. 2. Don...

Excel 2002 & McAfee Virus Scan 4.5.1
Hi, I've just installed Office 2002 on 10 PCs using group policy software deployment. Users have reported that saving files is very slow, I've looked at the systems, and it doesn't seem to be the actual saving of files, or the typing of the file name. When users do file save, the type the file name, it can take up to 10 seconds for what they type to be displayed, while the system just hangs/freezes. I've run the office and windows updates, but it seems to be down to McAfee Virus Scan 4.5.1. If I disable the system scan, typing the file name is displayed real time, enable it ag...

One User but 2 mailboxes
Hello How do I go about setting up one user account, but have 2 seperate mailboxes assigned to that account. They need to be seperate mailboxes and not just seperate email addresses that go into one box. Do i have to set up 3 users, and then change the permissions on 2 of them for the third to be able to access? Or is there an easier way? Thanks Richard If this is Exchange 2000 or 2003, then you need one Active Directory account per mailbox. Therefore, you'd need to set up 3 users and assign permissions as you've said below. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news...

Outlook Calendar Sharing glitch
We run Outlook through the latest vers. Exchange server and have recently discovered that two of our users cannot see any items on shared calendars. They are able to search for shared calendars and the person's calendar will appear on their screen (but will be blank other than holidays). All other users on the network can see these two users calendars as well as all other calendars on the network with all added events and details. This is such a random thing that these two computers cannot see shared info while all others can. Anyone else experience this and have any ideas?????...

2000 Public calendar corrupt for one user only
Hello We have a public scheduling calendar available to all Outlook users. For one specific user some but not all of the appointment view filters do not filter. For this same user appointments are scrambled (appear on the wrong days) only when using the webmail interface. The user has "Owner" permission for the calendar. How do I fix this user? Thanks I have no idea why or how a Public Folder view filter could work correctly for all users except one. Never-the-less, the problem was corrected when I deleted and recreated the offending filters. -- Rick Wetzel "R...

how do I set up outlook for multiple users on 1 computer?
I have recently switched over to cox high speed from Aol. I am now using Outlook for retreiving email, calendar, etc... This is a family computer and others would like to use it to do the same. How would I configure Outlook to accomodate all of the users of this computer? We can't tell you until you tell us what version of Outlook you are using. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.gr...

Pricing restriction to price lists
Most of our customers do no wish to load all products to MS CRM. Therefore the system restriction to use price lists is too inflexible. In case of opportunities it is even not possible to enter manual prices on product level. ...

win 7 new to accounts help
win 7 new to accounts help - How to Fix the Error The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded. Greg Buell here inventor @ electricwindmillcar.com please send email As I can not login to any user accounts get this error at the top Found this fix below but not experienced to do it... does anyone have a script I can run? Got into this mess by trying to copy my admin to user defautl I had 55 megs of setting in admin and as a 1st time user of win 7 and accounts I had no idea my user accounts would have nothing after I spent 40 hours setting up the...

query to pull DL's which a user manages
Hello, Please let me know if we have a query to pull the list of the managed DL's for a user. I tried to run a saved query in AD but it doesn't show me any output. THanks-- Vinod Kumar Vinod <Vinod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Please let me know if we have a query to pull the list of the managed DL's >for a user. >I tried to run a saved query in AD but it doesn't show me any output. Why not just use ADUC? Pick "Find", then the "Exchange" tab and select "Groups" and then the "Advanced" tab and search for "...

Restrictions
All of a sudden I am no longer able to click on hyperlinks embedded within email and get an error message "THIS OPERATION HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO RESTRICTION IN EFFECT ON THIS COMPUTER. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR." I haven't knowingly changed anything but some other program may have. How do I get back to normal? See if the articles at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D310049 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D307818 help with this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrator...

Adding 1 to every value in the selection
How would I go about adding 1 to every value in the selected cells. For example I have the numbers 228, 72, 56, and 45 in 4 consecutive cells. How would I go about selecting them all and then adding one to each, all at the same time? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use the Paste Special command... 1. type a 1 in any blank cell 2. Copy the cell containing the 1 3. Select the four cells containing the numbers you wish to add 1 to 4. Click Edit-->...

Exchange 2003
Hi folks, Just recently migrated to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. I'd like to know if there is a way to create a company address book on the Exchange Server for the purpose of maintaining a list of all company employees (many do not have network/Exchange user accounts) and their cell, pager and other numbers. I would like to have one or two people have the ability to edit the entries so they can add and remove listings as employees come and go. Thanks in advance for any direction! -- Steve Project-43 http://project43.steve-mann.com/ "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a cho...