restrict users from a fake ids

hi ,

 i have exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) i am getting
a problem is that my clients are mailing through fake ids from my domain , my
domain is "muet.edu.pk"  but the users are able to mail as a hotmail id , how
can i restrict them to mail from their own id , not from the hotmail or yahoo
ids which is fake .
thanks in advance
regards ALI.

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 20:54:16 -0700, mohammad ali
<mohammadali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>hi ,
>
> i have exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) i am getting
>a problem is that my clients are mailing through fake ids from my domain , my
>domain is "muet.edu.pk"  but the users are able to mail as a hotmail id , how
>can i restrict them to mail from their own id , not from the hotmail or yahoo
>ids which is fake .
>thanks in advance
>regards ALI.

Fire them?
Seriously, if your users are using Outlook in mapi mode, and you block
access to the SMTP VS to anything but your SMTP gateways ( and put the
required restrictions on them as well), you shouldnt have the problem.
Do you require authenticated relay? If not, disable that as well.
0
adavid (8731)

User Form
Hello, Anyone who can help me with this problem/error in Excel 2000. System Error &H8007000B (-2147024885) An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. Error was encountered when trying to Insert a UserForm. Excel --> Tools --> Macro --> Visual Basic Editor --> Insert --> UserForm Appreciate any assistance. Thanks. ...

Ex2K
How do we determine who are currently logged on to Exchange 2000 server? Thanks in advance. Kind of ambiguous question....to the console, or via MAPI? You can download ExMon, which will show users mapi sessions...http://www.msexchange.org/ExchangeNews/April-2005-Exmon-Tool-Released.html "C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:%23juh2L4TGHA.5496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How do we determine who are currently logged on to Exchange 2000 server? > > Thanks in advance. > On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 14:38:50 -0600, "C C" <someone@atsbcglo...

Outlook 2003 help setting up in/out of office users
We are looking to roll out a seamless package for users who work both in our office as well as on the road and off-line using Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 2003. Does anyone currently use a set-up similar to this, or can anyone direct me to any resources? Thanks Try the Office Resource Kit for tools to roll out Office/Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, tk asked: | We a...

"Delivered" mail not in users mailboxes
Hello! I am trying to help a friend with an Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 server on Windows Server 2003 SP1. Several users report randomly not getting email, yet a review of the Exchange tracking logs shows event IDs 1023 and 1028, indicating successful delivery to their mailboxes. Is there any way to examine the Information Store on a deeper level than just using Outlook for the users' accounts? I would like to be able to search the whole store to see if it ended up anywhere else. Thank you! Gregg Hill Have you tried turning on message tracking and confirming delivery that w...

Access- How to log which user has modified access db?
Hi All, We have one MS Access database, which is being shared/accessed by number of users at the same moment. Few of them are admin users too who can perform update/delete/insert operations too. Now we have a requirement to log which users has perform which update operations. Is there some way, can you please advise. Thank you so much in advance, Best regards, Sunil Somani If you have User Level security enabled, you can add a column to each table and call the CurrentUser() function and add that user in the before update event of the form. Without that, you can use t...

Restricting Input
Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell restriction that will only allow data input if another cell is "empty" or has a certain value? Kind of like an IF function, only when "true" exists, I can input any value, and when "false" exists, I must leave it blank. Thanks in advance. Randy, you can accomplish this using data validation. Select: data-validation, then input your restriction. Randy Vieira wrote: > Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell > restriction that will ...

hiding users from the global address list
When trying to hide a user from the global address list in Exchange 2003, the user is still visible in the global address list. Is there an area that needs to be configured that will hide the user immediately from the global address list? Thanks.... Are the users using Outlook 2003 in cached mode, therefore an address book rebuild/download is required? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "JohnnyG" <JohnnyG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:795C4BC5-F35A-4820-B395-48C008EF6BC4@microsoft.co...

Windows live ID removal
Some how I allowed MS to add Windows live ID to my MS money 2007 program. Now every time I start money I have to log in to this Windows live ID. For MS to have my password for my money account is scary! I went to the web site trying to remove it. No luck. Being I have a hotmail account I think it uses windows live ID which is ok. Thanks Jeff In microsoft.public.money, JG wrote: >Some how I allowed MS to add Windows live ID to my MS money 2007 program. >Now every time I start money I have to log in to this Windows live ID. For >MS to have my password for my money account is scar...

Restrict calendar?
We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our employers are holding off on the purchase due to the fact that there is no way to restrict certain users from even being able to see "Free/Busy" on their calendars. They want it so that a whole Active Directory OU can be set to not have any calendar access to another OU's calendar. Does anyone know if this is possible? This is huge for us so a great big Thank You in advance to those who might have suggestion. sgsundqu wrote: > We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our > employe...

Non Domain Users in CRM??
Is it possible to have non domain users in CRM? The reason i ask, is because we just went to an Active Directory Domain last March, and made the change from Novell and Lotus Notes, to AD and Exchange. I have allot of users who arent actually using the domain, and log into thier local machine. they have accounts in the AD for Exchange, and other stuff, but they will not want to be forced over to the daomain for this program.... any ideas? Rodney yes, all of them have domain accounts. We use Exchange, and they need it for that, as well as other network security. Rodney Alistaird @ ...

One User but 2 mailboxes
Hello How do I go about setting up one user account, but have 2 seperate mailboxes assigned to that account. They need to be seperate mailboxes and not just seperate email addresses that go into one box. Do i have to set up 3 users, and then change the permissions on 2 of them for the third to be able to access? Or is there an easier way? Thanks Richard If this is Exchange 2000 or 2003, then you need one Active Directory account per mailbox. Therefore, you'd need to set up 3 users and assign permissions as you've said below. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news...

2000 Public calendar corrupt for one user only
Hello We have a public scheduling calendar available to all Outlook users. For one specific user some but not all of the appointment view filters do not filter. For this same user appointments are scrambled (appear on the wrong days) only when using the webmail interface. The user has "Owner" permission for the calendar. How do I fix this user? Thanks I have no idea why or how a Public Folder view filter could work correctly for all users except one. Never-the-less, the problem was corrected when I deleted and recreated the offending filters. -- Rick Wetzel "R...

Pricing restriction to price lists
Most of our customers do no wish to load all products to MS CRM. Therefore the system restriction to use price lists is too inflexible. In case of opportunities it is even not possible to enter manual prices on product level. ...

how do I set up outlook for multiple users on 1 computer?
I have recently switched over to cox high speed from Aol. I am now using Outlook for retreiving email, calendar, etc... This is a family computer and others would like to use it to do the same. How would I configure Outlook to accomodate all of the users of this computer? We can't tell you until you tell us what version of Outlook you are using. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.gr...

win 7 new to accounts help
win 7 new to accounts help - How to Fix the Error The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded. Greg Buell here inventor @ electricwindmillcar.com please send email As I can not login to any user accounts get this error at the top Found this fix below but not experienced to do it... does anyone have a script I can run? Got into this mess by trying to copy my admin to user defautl I had 55 megs of setting in admin and as a 1st time user of win 7 and accounts I had no idea my user accounts would have nothing after I spent 40 hours setting up the...

query to pull DL's which a user manages
Hello, Please let me know if we have a query to pull the list of the managed DL's for a user. I tried to run a saved query in AD but it doesn't show me any output. THanks-- Vinod Kumar Vinod <Vinod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Please let me know if we have a query to pull the list of the managed DL's >for a user. >I tried to run a saved query in AD but it doesn't show me any output. Why not just use ADUC? Pick "Find", then the "Exchange" tab and select "Groups" and then the "Advanced" tab and search for "...

Restrictions
All of a sudden I am no longer able to click on hyperlinks embedded within email and get an error message "THIS OPERATION HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO RESTRICTION IN EFFECT ON THIS COMPUTER. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR." I haven't knowingly changed anything but some other program may have. How do I get back to normal? See if the articles at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D310049 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D307818 help with this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrator...

Restrict DB Access
Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a single SQL Database/Server when they login to GP? Thanks It's unclear exactly what you want to do. In GP, you can restrict access by user to the company databases via the User Access window. When you set up the ODBC DSN, you are determing which database server the user can access through GP. Additionally, if you happen to have multiple servers, the best way to handle it is to have different user accounts. -- Charles Allen, MVP "JDR" wrote: > Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a si...

Restricting no. of recipients
Hello, We are using Exchange 5.5 server now and for some reason, we need to restrict the number of recipients that an user can send at once. I tried to find at most of configuration dialogs, but could not find it. Is it possible to enable this function in Exchange 5.5? Or is there a 3rd party tool regarding this? Appreciate it if you can find it or help me. Thanks. Richard You can set this, but it is for the maximum number of recipients in the message before distribution list expansion, so a distribution list counts as one recipient. It is much more accurate in Exchange 2000/2003....

Get all mails by one user
In Exchange 2003, how can I set user1@domain.com to get all incoming mails for all other user's accounts. regards, Adil adil@informit.com.pk Adil, I don't think you can do that with Exchange alone. Try writing a small script in VB and register it as a Exchange sink. Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315631 PM Adil Akram wrote: > In Exchange 2003, how can I set user1@domain.com to get all incoming mails > for all other user's accounts. > > regards, > Adil > adil@informit.com.pk > > Not easily. You could make the AD ...

Problem in "Auto Generate Customer Id"
Hi I have a form named Frmcustomers. in this i have a field called "PartyId" which was auto number generating field. I used the following code for this. Me!PartyId = Nz(DMax("[PartyId]", "[TblParties]")) + 1 Now I want that the code should check the field "PartyId" and make increment in the id which starts from 65.... Example 65001 65002 65003 65004(+1) and so on..... while this field also has some id's starting from 61, 62 and 67 for example 61001, 61002, 61003..... 62001, 62002,.......... 67001,67002,......... Thank You ...

creating external users
Hi, I wanted to create just an e-mail for a consultant but not allow the user to access any resource other then his e-mail on my LAN. (by resource I mean, access to shares, files etc..) How can I do it the easiest way? Thanks MC Setup a Contact for the consultant, insert the external email address in targetAddress when you create it. Recipient Policy should generate email address(es) with your domain for the Contact. The Contact will be able to receive email for Contact@yourdomain.com and have it forwarded to the external email address. Contacts are not security principals - the con...

Users Currently Logged Into CRM
Is there a way to find out what users are currently logged into a CRM server? Not sure if there's a better way, but you can use the T-SQL command "sp_who" to get a list of existing SQL connections. -- Jason Hunt Advanced Computer Systems "JasonCat" <JasonCat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9A92492-A10B-4C38-B451-D9D8AF74EE67@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to find out what users are currently logged into a CRM > server? Unfortunately, this doesn't tell you who, or even how many, are logged in as the connections are poole...

User not Getting Some External E-mail but Message Tracking says He Is
Exchange 2000 SP4, Outlook XP. External email from a particular person apparently does not get delivered to one user's Exchange mailbox even though Message Tracking shows that it has. Another user gets the same external email in his mailbox OK. I have asked the user who isn't getting mail to check to see if he hasn't created a rule to move mail from this person to another folder. Any other ideas would be gratefully appreciated. Sorry! Should have posted in Exchange 2000! "Bill Glidden" <billyg1943@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OB2PIpDMGHA.500@TK2...

Cannot send email between users within same server?
Hi, Running Exchange 2003 Enterprise with latest SP on Windows 2003 Enterprise with latest SP. We are getting intermittent error message with users on the same Exchange server and OU. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Sent: 4/20/2010 11:44 AM The following recipient(s) cannot be reached: John Doe on 4/20/2010 11:45 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=...