Restrict mailbox- receive from specific locations only

I have a mailbox Joe Schmo.
He's the CEO and wants an email address that he can use to receive emails.
He wants to restrict who can send to him.  I can do this with delivery
restrictions internally.  But how can I do this with incomming SMTP from the
outside?

If he wants to receive emails only from bill@yahoo.com. How can I filter that?

Thanks
Ron

i don't know that there is a way to do that, natively, with Exchange...Are
you using any kind of anti-spam software on your edge server?  there might
be a way to configure it there...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Capt_Ron" <monbleau(notthis)@palmbeach.k12.fl.us.NotThisEither> wrote in
message news:72AC51B5-9D0B-4AF5-A9D4-A89C2A1A0847@microsoft.com...
>I have a mailbox Joe Schmo.
> He's the CEO and wants an email address that he can use to receive emails.
> He wants to restrict who can send to him.  I can do this with delivery
> restrictions internally.  But how can I do this with incomming SMTP from
> the
> outside?
>
> If he wants to receive emails only from bill@yahoo.com. How can I filter
> that?
>
> Thanks
> Ron

0
sconkey (3059)

email drop in wrong mailbox
Anyone know why email for/belong to userB drop into UserA mailbox. We are using exchange2003 , win2003 UserA email. susan@mydomain.com UserB email betty@mydomain.com Please help. Could be many things... Check delegates...client /server rules...delivery options ....worse case, SPYWARE, viruses...? <ray1088@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message news:449c1184$1@127.0.0.1... > Anyone know why email for/belong to userB drop into UserA mailbox. > > > We are using exchange2003 , win2003 > UserA email. susan@mydomain.com > UserB email betty@mydomain.co...

"Delivered" mail not in users mailboxes
Hello! I am trying to help a friend with an Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 server on Windows Server 2003 SP1. Several users report randomly not getting email, yet a review of the Exchange tracking logs shows event IDs 1023 and 1028, indicating successful delivery to their mailboxes. Is there any way to examine the Information Store on a deeper level than just using Outlook for the users' accounts? I would like to be able to search the whole store to see if it ended up anywhere else. Thank you! Gregg Hill Have you tried turning on message tracking and confirming delivery that w...

find specific titles in a table
Hi, I am looking for a certain text in a particular spread sheet,what function/code can I use and how can I store the position Thanks Hi, why not give us a little more detail: is the text going to appear more than once. Are you searching for a particular item of text or will there be many items. Do you want its position in R1C1 notation, as an offset from a specific location, in A1 style and with its value. And is the text imbedded in a longer string? suppose the range is B1:G100 and you are looking for the word Apple by itself in one single cell, then you can use the following arr...

Restricting Input
Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell restriction that will only allow data input if another cell is "empty" or has a certain value? Kind of like an IF function, only when "true" exists, I can input any value, and when "false" exists, I must leave it blank. Thanks in advance. Randy, you can accomplish this using data validation. Select: data-validation, then input your restriction. Randy Vieira wrote: > Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell > restriction that will ...

Exchange 2000 Default mailbox size
Hi to all! I'm auditing every mailbox in our Organization all is set to default limit size. I'd like to know is how much is the size in MB for a default mailbox size in Exchange 2000. Thanks in Advanced. Emslan Hi Emslan, There is no default limit for mailbox size, you need to set this limit. Also Exchange 2000 does not set any Default message size limits (Send & Receieve), as Exchange 2003 now does. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "emslan" <emslan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Restrict calendar?
We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our employers are holding off on the purchase due to the fact that there is no way to restrict certain users from even being able to see "Free/Busy" on their calendars. They want it so that a whole Active Directory OU can be set to not have any calendar access to another OU's calendar. Does anyone know if this is possible? This is huge for us so a great big Thank You in advance to those who might have suggestion. sgsundqu wrote: > We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our > employe...

Mailbox permissions in bulk.
Hi How can I set mailbox permissions in bulk ? Earlier it was a tool called Setperm, but I don't think it function well anymore together with E2K3 & Outlook 2003. John Hi John, ADModify can be used to set mailbox rights in a limited way. Download it from here and see if it does what you need: http://workspaces.gotdotnet.com/ADModify Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2003 Server, Exchange 2003 Admin & Design) http://www.ExchangeIS.com <123@123.com> wrote in message news:b2kpk195kfceep73v40t1ro4lqh5jhmrbv@4ax.com... > Hi > > How can I set mailbox permissions in...

can't receive mail sent in HTML from XP to 2000
One of our user's is using Office XP, which sends e-mail in HTML format by default. The rest of his staff use Office 2000. When he sends e-mail to them in HTML format, they get a blank e-mail. We have switched his default send option to Oulook Rich text, but would like to find out why the HTML option does not work. Anyone had this happen? John, On the Office 2000 machines please make sure Outlook 2000 is at SP-3 and Internet Explorer is at 6.0 SP1. Thanks, -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Joh...

CCSRCH tool on Exchange Mailboxes
CCSRCH tool on Exchange Mailboxes. This tool is suppose to go though files to see if there is credit card information in mailboxes. Has anyone had to run a tool like this? ...

Customize the mailbox to include new folders
I've been asked by my manangement to see if there was a way to automatically create folders in a mailbox depending on what dept you are in. We just migrated from Lotus Notes to Exchange and if you know Notes, it's relatively easy to cutomize the Notes mail database by creating different mail db templates for each dept, but I have no idea how to do this in Exchange. From what I see there isn't a way to select a mailbox template in Exchange or for that matter customize it. Can someone point me in a direction that will help me accomplish this. Thank you. There is no easy w...

Pricing restriction to price lists
Most of our customers do no wish to load all products to MS CRM. Therefore the system restriction to use price lists is too inflexible. In case of opportunities it is even not possible to enter manual prices on product level. ...

Receive
On the Receive - Purchase Order Screen you should add the calculation sum at the bottom with Tax, no just value total Excluding Tax ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.m...

One User but 2 mailboxes
Hello How do I go about setting up one user account, but have 2 seperate mailboxes assigned to that account. They need to be seperate mailboxes and not just seperate email addresses that go into one box. Do i have to set up 3 users, and then change the permissions on 2 of them for the third to be able to access? Or is there an easier way? Thanks Richard If this is Exchange 2000 or 2003, then you need one Active Directory account per mailbox. Therefore, you'd need to set up 3 users and assign permissions as you've said below. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news...

Tool to verify mailbox migration
Hello, I am getting ready to migrate my users from E2003 to E2007. I have about 150 users and will be doing the migration in stagesover the next month and a half. I am looking for a tool that I can run after the migration is complete, to make sure everything got moved correctly. Does such a creature exist? Thank you Daryl On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 12:54:21 -0800 (PST), baron1211 <res0ew3q@verizon.net> wrote: >Hello, > > I am getting ready to migrate my users from E2003 to E2007. I have >about 150 users and will be doing the migration in stagesover the ...

Restrictions
All of a sudden I am no longer able to click on hyperlinks embedded within email and get an error message "THIS OPERATION HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO RESTRICTION IN EFFECT ON THIS COMPUTER. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR." I haven't knowingly changed anything but some other program may have. How do I get back to normal? See if the articles at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D310049 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D307818 help with this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrator...

"Direct" (or "bulk") emails are not received by contact recipient
Using CRM 3.0. I created an email template and followed the procedure to send a "direct email" to a contact. The direct email appeared to be sent (no CRM error was displayed) but it did not arrive in the contact's mailbox. Our CRM is integrated with MS Outllook and we can send regular email (CRM email activities) from within CRM and they are received by external recipients. This problem only occurs when using "direct mail". We have checked the settings in the contact's properties and they are set to receive "direct mail". Does anyone have a suggesti...

Restrict DB Access
Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a single SQL Database/Server when they login to GP? Thanks It's unclear exactly what you want to do. In GP, you can restrict access by user to the company databases via the User Access window. When you set up the ODBC DSN, you are determing which database server the user can access through GP. Additionally, if you happen to have multiple servers, the best way to handle it is to have different user accounts. -- Charles Allen, MVP "JDR" wrote: > Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a si...

Restricting no. of recipients
Hello, We are using Exchange 5.5 server now and for some reason, we need to restrict the number of recipients that an user can send at once. I tried to find at most of configuration dialogs, but could not find it. Is it possible to enable this function in Exchange 5.5? Or is there a 3rd party tool regarding this? Appreciate it if you can find it or help me. Thanks. Richard You can set this, but it is for the maximum number of recipients in the message before distribution list expansion, so a distribution list counts as one recipient. It is much more accurate in Exchange 2000/2003....

Mailbox size #12
Despite what I've read here, I am having a problem with mailbox size over 2GB. Using SBS2003, I am trying to increase the size of the user's mailbox beyond 2GB, but when I enter anything greater than 2097151kb I am told that this is the limit. How do I push beyond this threshold? On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 06:46:02 -0700, U. Pagane <UPagane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Despite what I've read here, I am having a problem with mailbox size over >2GB. Using SBS2003, I am trying to increase the size of the user's mailbox >beyond 2GB, but when I enter anything gr...

Importing deferral info with Receivables transactions
Is there any way to import deferral information when imported AR transactions with Integration Manager? Not yet "Elaine" wrote: > Is there any way to import deferral information when imported AR transactions > with Integration Manager? ...

Send/Receive Error Message #2
I am currently using another mail program and wish to start using Outlook 2002. I've duplicated my email setting as they are with the other program, (i.e. Pop3, incoming and outgoing settings, etc.). When I attempt to retrieve my mail using the Send/Receive option, an error box appears with the message: "Operation Failed. An object could not be found." How can I find out which 'object' and fix it? Outlook came already install on my system and I do not have the installation CD. Please send your reply to mgreen@nemonet.com as well as on this board. Thank you in a...

Receiving without PO and match invoice in different currency
how to handle receving of item without PO and later invoice is received in different currency? ...

restricting the drop lines to only a single series
I have mutiple-series charts, but would like restric the drop lines only to only one (ususlly the first) plotted data series. However, the drop line option seems to apply to ALL data series and creates an unreadable mess. Is there a way to see only what I want, i.e. the drop lines for a selected series only? z.entropic Hi Z, > I have mutiple-series charts, but would like restric the drop lines only to > only one (ususlly the first) plotted data series. However, the drop line > option seems to apply to ALL data series and creates an unreadable mess. > > Is there a way...

Mailbox Management
Hi I have created a Recipiant Policy - Mailbox Management with the filter mail=user@domain.com an When starting the Mailbox management process and its done I can see that 4 other mailboxes are also running this policy. In the log I can see that these mailboxes are using 'Default Policy' and then all folders are listed The Default Policy is used to create addresses for new users and the Mailbox Management is not marked Any ideas about this Hello Stefan I dont even fully understand you question, how many policies do you have and what are they intented to do ... what 4 other mailboxes ...

restrict to export records to Excel and restrict to print
Hi, It is a major requirement for us to restrict some users to export Microsoft CRM records to Excel file and to restrict them to print as stated in our implementation policies. Is there a possible workaround for this restriction? Would greatly appreciate for your fedback. Lot of thanks in advance. In v1.2 there is no easy way to do this. v3.0 should enable this via security roles. In thoery, you could do something with javascript that conditionally removed the link, but not sure how reliable it would be as it would need to do a server-based call to determine the security. Matt Parks...