Restrict Incoming/Outgoing Internet Mail

We are running W3K3 Domain w/ Exchange 2003 - I need to create a network
account for an outside contractor who will be here for upwards of 6 months.
She needs to be able to book meetings etc with Internal Stafff - therefore
ability to view FREE/BUSY. I have looked at 'Publishing FREE/BUSY to an FTP
site.' - however that seems like a bit of work for the end user... so I am
going to create the contractor a network account complete with mailbox
HOWEVER - I want to limit the account to only be able to send messages to
internal staff as well only receive mail from internal staff. I know how to
do the 2nd part of this... but how do I accomplish the first? Limiting
sending to Internal staff only?
0
Allison (64)

I've had to deal with this myself.

To prevent users from email outside the company do the following:

1. Create a security group and add the users into it.
2. In the Exchange System Manager right click on your smtp connector, go to
properties, click on the delivery restriction tab, and under reject messages
from click add and add the group you want to reject.

Any time a user in that group tries to send email out to the internet it'll
hit the smtp connector and be rejected.

"Allison" wrote:

> We are running W3K3 Domain w/ Exchange 2003 - I need to create a network
> account for an outside contractor who will be here for upwards of 6 months.
> She needs to be able to book meetings etc with Internal Stafff - therefore
> ability to view FREE/BUSY. I have looked at 'Publishing FREE/BUSY to an FTP
> site.' - however that seems like a bit of work for the end user... so I am
> going to create the contractor a network account complete with mailbox
> HOWEVER - I want to limit the account to only be able to send messages to
> internal staff as well only receive mail from internal staff. I know how to
> do the 2nd part of this... but how do I accomplish the first? Limiting
> sending to Internal staff only?
0
BuckTaylor (13)
8/22/2005 9:55:36 PM
Here's exactly what you need.
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/mf009.html

"Allison" <Allison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are running W3K3 Domain w/ Exchange 2003 - I need to create a network
> account for an outside contractor who will be here for upwards of 6
> months.
> She needs to be able to book meetings etc with Internal Stafff - therefore
> ability to view FREE/BUSY. I have looked at 'Publishing FREE/BUSY to an
> FTP
> site.' - however that seems like a bit of work for the end user... so I am
> going to create the contractor a network account complete with mailbox
> HOWEVER - I want to limit the account to only be able to send messages to
> internal staff as well only receive mail from internal staff. I know how
> do the 2nd part of this... but how do I accomplish the first? Limiting
> sending to Internal staff only?

0
allen.miyake (137)
8/22/2005 11:13:24 PM
I have tried this... it is still not working properly... the contractor is
still able to send messages to external people???

Any ideas?

"Buck Taylor" wrote:

> I've had to deal with this myself.
>
> To prevent users from email outside the company do the following:
>
> 1. Create a security group and add the users into it.
> 2. In the Exchange System Manager right click on your smtp connector, go to
> properties, click on the delivery restriction tab, and under reject messages
> from click add and add the group you want to reject.
>
> Any time a user in that group tries to send email out to the internet it'll
> hit the smtp connector and be rejected.
>
> "Allison" wrote:
>
> > We are running W3K3 Domain w/ Exchange 2003 - I need to create a network
> > account for an outside contractor who will be here for upwards of 6 months.
> > She needs to be able to book meetings etc with Internal Stafff - therefore
> > ability to view FREE/BUSY. I have looked at 'Publishing FREE/BUSY to an FTP
> > site.' - however that seems like a bit of work for the end user... so I am
> > going to create the contractor a network account complete with mailbox
> > HOWEVER - I want to limit the account to only be able to send messages to
> > internal staff as well only receive mail from internal staff. I know how to
> > do the 2nd part of this... but how do I accomplish the first? Limiting
> > sending to Internal staff only?
0
Allison (64)
8/23/2005 9:07:04 PM
you have to add a reg key...see this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;277872

> I have tried this... it is still not working properly... the contractor is
> still able to send messages to external people???
>
> Any ideas?
>
> "Buck Taylor" wrote:
>
> > I've had to deal with this myself.
> >
> > To prevent users from email outside the company do the following:
> >
> > 1. Create a security group and add the users into it.
> > 2. In the Exchange System Manager right click on your smtp connector, go
> > properties, click on the delivery restriction tab, and under reject
messages
> > from click add and add the group you want to reject.
> >
> > Any time a user in that group tries to send email out to the internet
it'll
> > hit the smtp connector and be rejected.
> >
> > "Allison" wrote:
> >
> > > We are running W3K3 Domain w/ Exchange 2003 - I need to create a
network
> > > account for an outside contractor who will be here for upwards of 6
months.
> > > She needs to be able to book meetings etc with Internal Stafff -
therefore
> > > ability to view FREE/BUSY. I have looked at 'Publishing FREE/BUSY to
an FTP
> > > site.' - however that seems like a bit of work for the end user... so
I am
> > > going to create the contractor a network account complete with mailbox
> > > HOWEVER - I want to limit the account to only be able to send messages
> > > internal staff as well only receive mail from internal staff. I know
how to
> > > do the 2nd part of this... but how do I accomplish the first? Limiting
> > > sending to Internal staff only?

0
sconkey (3059)

New mail does not go through BUT a reply do
hi this is a very strange issue for me. don't know if you guys know this one. If i reply on a users e-mail, she do get the e-mail from me but if i click on the To button in a new e-mail and select her name from the contacts the e-mail does not reach her....I have echg2003 SP2 and xp pro - does this sound crazy or what... anyone that can help me here....please Does new-message-not-reply generate error message when it is not going through? Craig from Huguenot wrote: > hi > > this is a very strange issue for me. don't know if you guys know this one. > If i reply on ...

Distribution List
Hello, We have a SBS2003 with Exchange Server 2003 running. For the purpose of this post, <mydomain.com> refers to our Internet domain. The Exchange Server acts as the primary mail server for <mydomain.com>. We have a Organizational Unit created called External Contacts. This has several mail-enabled users who belong to another domain <seconddomain.com>. A Distribution List has been created with a mix of External Contacts and SBS2003 users. Specifically, we have 32 contacts from <seconddomain.com> and 4 users from <mydomain.com>. E-mails sent to the DL ...

Bad Mail folder #4
How do I read the mail in the Bad Mail folder? Exchange 2003 Thank you Drag the .BAD files into Outlook Express. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "John" <john@vickerstechnology.com> wrote in message news:12bfd01c44340$26fb7c40$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I read the mail in the Bad Mail folder? Exchange > 2003 > > Thank you ...

Re: Using Mail Merge
I have been using mail merge in Office for years and recently upgraded to Office XP. I don't understand how to use the mail merge or data base anymore. It won't even recognize one that I imported from another computer. I have an address of students and don't always use all of them. How do I use Address book or set up another data base that will work with Office XP????? Very confused. Linda In article <BBD7F1B9.127%laroth@porchlight.ca>, LINDA <laroth@porchlight.ca> wrote: > I have been using mail merge in Office for years and recently upgraded to > Offic...

Importing OE6 mail rules to Outlook 2000
I recently migrated from Ooutlook Express 6 to Outlook 2000. I used the import facilities to import all my mail, accounts, etc.. But the massive mail rules I had on OE6 (screening SPAM) only came across with the first excluded word! The rules are of the form ' if 'xxx' or 'yyy' or ...., then delete it' What I get in Outlook 2000 is only 'if 'xxx' then delete it. All the other SPAM trigger words did not import. Any advice? Saint Steve ...

Odd e-mail address
I am trying to send an e-mail to a very odd e-mail address. The address is: helpdesktest@1-6rgu4a59p4xtewoo8lai4zvdd.in.salesforce.com My Exchange 2003 SP2 server is bouncing it back. If I try an send it from a Gmail account it goes through... When I track the message it fails almost right away. My guess is the domain portion of the e-mail address is confusing Exchange. Does anyone have any ideas? Harrison Midkiff On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:00:30 -0500, "Harrison Midkiff" <HMidkiff@aviinc.com> wrote: >I am trying to send an e-mail to a very odd e-...

Saving Mail Account Settings for Outlook 2003 #2
Hi! I'm using Outlook 2003 and have to re-setup my my whole system (formatting partition). Therefore it would be usefull to save my Mail Account Settings like it is possible in Outlook express in an ".iaf"- file. Is there any possibility? Also I would like to save all my Contacts like in Outlook express in a ".WAB"-file, not several vcards... Could anyone give me a precise hint? Thank you! ...

Mail Merge to Email permission to access address book
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;263073 As described on the page at the link above, When you send a mail merge to electronic mail (e-mail), you receive the following warning message: A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". If you click Yes, you receive the following message: A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should cho...

Importing into Internet Explorer/Microsoft Outlook
I am in the process of switching from MSN 8 to Alltel as an internet service provider in order to get a DSL line (MSN 8 does not have broadband service available in my area). Alltel uses Internet Explorer/ Microsoft Outlook as a browser/email service. During this switch over, I have encountered several problems I need some help with. I have a rather extensive "Favorites" list (probably >100) and would like to import them into Internet explorer. When I go to Import Wizard, the "Import from an Application" option is not active. How do I activate this option ...

Exchange Service amd Internet E-Mail Service on the same computer
I am running Outlook 2002 connecting to a Microsoft Exchange Server 2000. The Outlook client is configured with both the MS-Exchange service and the Internet E-Mail service. Exchange is used for local e-mail and public folder sharing, and Internet E-Mail is used for SMTP/POP3 internet mail. Should these two be able to coexist. Sometimes I get system undeliverable kick backs on internet mail and it appears that it was being processed by the MS-Exchange transport instead of the Internet Mail service. Thanks a lot, JH Internet mail service and Exchange service should always exist in the...

Mail Merge | Open Data Source unavailable
Hi, I have Office 2000 Professional with SP3 installed. I created a postcard with Publisher and I attempted to do a Mail Merge, but the Open Data Source menu item is disabled (grayed out). I do have a text field selected. If I use the Wizard to create another postcard, that menu item is available. I searched newsgroups and MS Knowledge Base with no results. Anyone know what's up with this? For now I'm going to create another postcard and see if I can copy/paste all images and text, but I would like to know what happened. Thanks much, Jim ...

How do send all incoming to a certain folder?
I want to be able to send all incoming messages to a certain folder. Since most of it is spam anyway, I want to autorespond to those spam messages, by clicking once, to hightlgt the message, and having a rule set, which will autorespnd a 'pre-recorded' message to send right back. So, the only 'manual' steps I want to have to be able to do are this: 1) click on each of the undesireable mail messages 2) click something else, which will format each message, in the junk folder. 3) click Send/Receive. Is there any way to accomplish this? Rest assured that my intention is not to...

how can I auto download mail into outlook whenoutlook is on line
see subject -- Thanks Poppy in Vail wrote: > see subject You need to setup outlook to do it for you. It is always automatic by default. hth ...

Notes 2003 Connector - cant recieve mail
(sorry for cross post, i posted in outlook.interop by accident) Hi all, I have what seems to be a strange situation. I am using the Outlook 2003 notes connector. I had the connector working successfully for a few months. My account was then migrated to a different domino server. Once this happened my inbound mail stopped working. My outbound mail still works, appointment requests come thru, but inbound email is kaput. Outlook thinks it is synching with notes and says it completes sucessfully, but no mail shows up (however its there in my notes client). I am at a loss for how to debug t...

Problem sending mass e-mail when one recipient mailbox have reached it's limit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap Hi, <br><br>A customer is currently running Entourage 2008 v12.2.3 client that uses IMAP connected to a MDaemon e-mail server. When we try to send an e-mail to a couple of users where one of these recipients has a full mailbox Entourage won't send the message to neither of the included recipients in the message. The strange thing is that this happens both when sending to internal as external users who's mailbox might be full. <br><br>Any setting in Entourage that we...

outlook mail services by default
I want use outlook for my mails, but outlook express is my mail services by default. How i can restore my outlook in default mail services? ...

Automatically forward a copy of all outgoing email
Hi, Is there any way that I can configure all outgoing email to be forwarded to a specific email address? Eg. All outgoing email sent from MS CRM should have support@microsoft.com in the TO/CC/BCC: field. My understanding from CRM Version 1.2, we cant customize any activities at all, and somemore the TO/CC/BCC are lookup field. Is there anyaway we can configure something at the Exchange 2003 Server level to track all the outgoing emails from Microsoft CRM to CC/BCC/Forward to a support alias (support@microsoft.com) Brief description on the environment setting: 1. Single domain 2. 4 server...

CRM Mail Merge Data Source
Does anyone know if there is a way to change the default data source when using mail merge from CRM? I have created mail merge documents in Word and saved them with the data source pointing to the SQL CRM Accounts database but when opening them in Word from CRM, I'm told that the fields are not found. In short, I can print company name and address but not a contact name as we are using "address1_primarycontactname". Also, is there a way to copy address info from the Accounts record to associated Contact records? Thanks. ...

Internet Headers
Why do internal messages have blank internet headers? I can see internet headers (view/options on a certain message) on any external message sent to me. Is there a way to turn on internet headers for internal mail? Thanks, Stephen First of all it is not internet email so it does not fall in the category og "internet headers". Second is that it is internal and you should know where it is coming from and the source. <usurf@news.postalias> wrote in message news:D7809D31-897C-4114-844B-F9CD901E3FAC@microsoft.com... > Why do internal messages have blank internet headers...

Sorting e-mail addresses
I have a large amount of e-mail addresses. How can I sort them so that I can isolate only those with @aol.com for instance ? thanks, ams set up a helper column assume the helper cell is E1 and the first email address is in A1 =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("@",A1)) Then drag fill down the column. then sort your data with this column as the key. Regards, Tom Ogilvy Anna Sargent <a.sargent@cox.net> wrote in message news:o0JSa.20588$b03.15055@lakeread03... > I have a large amount of e-mail addresses. > How can I sort them so that I can isolate only > those with @ao...

Mail Rules
Does anybody know how to make an email rule that is looking for message body text that is NOT there? In other words, can I make a rule like: body text CONTAINS A and NOT B and NOT C? ...

Forwarding e-mails containing embedded pictures.
Whenever I receive an e-mail that has embedded pictures (not as an attachment) and then try to forward to others the e-mail goes out with boxes containing an x in the corner where the picture should have been. Does anyone know what the problem is? ...

Mail go's to Badmail "This message does not have any recipients"
The problem I have is that email is being placed in the bad mail folder without an NDR. This email is send by our backup software ever night. When I check in the Bad mail dir the error listed is "This message does not have any recipients" Anyone have any ideas? ...

Trial Version Download Problem
Just out of curiosity... How many people have done as I have, and changed your original e-mail address for the passport login since you created the account, and are also having issues with the online purchase reverting to the trial version? There is a problem with the trial servers see http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "John Begley" <John Begley@discus...

Exporting e-mail to a data file
I've tried a couple of varieties (Access, CSV) with similar results. Neither option includes the "Received" field. Why is that? How do I include the "Received" field in the exported file? Thank you, Bill Allen If you use Access to set up a linked table connected to your mail = folder, you will see the Received date among the available properties. = Third-party export tools are also available; see = http://www.outlookcode.com/d/customimport.htm#tools --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olco...