Restrict email transmission

I need to restrict an incoming account from reaching specific parties.
I have gone to each user and setup a rule to delete email from an
outside party.  I would block it completely but one of the users need
to recieve email from this person. The rule does not seem to be
configure server side but client only. Is there away to make sure the
rule in on the exchange 2003 server.  Users, I setup the rule for, are
getting the email when they go through webmail.  Exchange 2003
enterprise, outlook 2000 and 2003.

0
rayk3 (1)

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Sender-Recipient-Filtering.html

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"Ray" <rayk3@cox.net> wrote in message
>I need to restrict an incoming account from reaching specific parties.
> I have gone to each user and setup a rule to delete email from an
> outside party.  I would block it completely but one of the users need
> to recieve email from this person. The rule does not seem to be
> configure server side but client only. Is there away to make sure the
> rule in on the exchange 2003 server.  Users, I setup the rule for, are
> getting the email when they go through webmail.  Exchange 2003
> enterprise, outlook 2000 and 2003.

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
7/24/2006 5:57:11 PM
Create a contact (mail-enabled user) for the external party. Set it up so
that it has an e-mail address (NOT a mailbox - skip the mailbox step when
creating the user in ADUC, then go to exchange tasks and assign the object
en e-mail address)

Once that's done, you can go to each specific mailbox that you need to
restrict this person from sending to - use the Exchange General tab to
restict those users from receiving messages from the external party.

After you've done all this, go hide the external account from the address
book.

Missy
"Ray" <rayk3@cox.net> wrote in message
>I need to restrict an incoming account from reaching specific parties.
> I have gone to each user and setup a rule to delete email from an
> outside party.  I would block it completely but one of the users need
> to recieve email from this person. The rule does not seem to be
> configure server side but client only. Is there away to make sure the
> rule in on the exchange 2003 server.  Users, I setup the rule for, are
> getting the email when they go through webmail.  Exchange 2003
> enterprise, outlook 2000 and 2003.

0
missy5697 (66)

email from Japan in Japanese
Why do I see the body of the email correctly (in Japanese) but the subject line gets one ? for each character that outlook 2002 can't decode? How do I fix this? Thanks in advance, Scott ...

OE sent emails
When I hit "send/receive", the status box showing the numbers of emails being sent (and received) actually shows MORE emails being sent than are in my outbox? I am concerned that I may have a virus, but my Norton antivirus & internet security are both up-to-date and operational, and I have also run Spybot to eliminate any spyware. Is there any trail I can follow to see what additional emails are being sent, and how they are being created? Oman <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I hit "send/receive", the status box showing the > nu...

Restricting Input
Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell restriction that will only allow data input if another cell is "empty" or has a certain value? Kind of like an IF function, only when "true" exists, I can input any value, and when "false" exists, I must leave it blank. Thanks in advance. Randy, you can accomplish this using data validation. Select: data-validation, then input your restriction. Randy Vieira wrote: > Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell > restriction that will ...

cannot send email through outlook 2002
When trying to send an email , I get cannot send encrypted email . there are no certificates found OL2002: Unable to send encrypted email when offl (SOX020313700153) TITLE: OL2002: Unable to send encrypted email when offl [SOOPENV ] Encryption continued to work; however, [2002 - W_2660 ] ID: SOX020313700153 CRT:Mar 13 2020 MOD:Mar 13 2020 STS:Cust <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>...

Font Problem
Why does my font change unexpectedly when the email is sent in Outlook 2002? I also have all recent service packs through SP3. I use HTML. I've tried the Mail Format tab options to change the fonts to always use my fonts and set everything to 10pt arial. It still arbitrarily changes its font size for no reason somtimes. Thanks ...

Email address fro list
Hi, I making a spreadsheet of all the users in my company. How do I auto populate the next cell so that it takes the first name of the user and add @domain.com (domain= our email domain) so I don't have to type up all the e-mail address of my users? Thanks, Liz It depends on how your list of names is constructed, but if you have "first_name other_names" in A1 then you can do this: =3DLOWER(LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1))&"@domain.com" and copy down. You will need to decide what to do if you have two or more first names that are the same. Hope this helps. ...

Blank emails #9
What does it mean when you get a blank email in your Outlook almost every day?? It is just a little envelope and I don't open it but I get them almost daily?? PatK <vegaspatk@cox.net> wrote: > What does it mean when you get a blank email in your Outlook almost > every day?? It is just a little envelope and I don't open it but I > get them almost daily?? It often means that someone's spam-generating program is brain-dead and spewing ill-formed junk. You can create a rule that will discard any message whose body is empty. -- Brian Tillman Thank you ver...

Move emails
Hi, I use WebDAV to move emails from one folder to another folder. The moving is ok. But some of emails still show up in the original folder. I use Outlook web Access to check, they are gone. But Outlook still has them. I run WebDAV program again and couldn't find them. Is there cache in Outlook that I need to clean it? Thanks in advance. Li ...

Unable to SEND Email
I have Outlook 2002 runnning on an XP machine (sp1). I connect to the internet with a cable modem and have no problems receiving or sending email while at home. However, while I am on the road I use a dial-up (tried Netzero and PeoplePC) and I can't *send* email. I can receive it fine but when I try and send I get a message, "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients." I have my incoming email server set to my cable server and my outgoing set to the dial-up. Again, I can receive just fine but sending doesn't work. I have tried the help lines for ...

How to email directly from publisher a document in the main body .
I am tring to email a flyer that I constructed in publisher. I do not want to send it as an attachement What version of Windows, Publisher, Outlook and Outlook Express are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "boxtteri" <boxtteri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E25049D9-676C-4ACD-8B6E-DFD83CB04267@microsoft.com... >I am tring to email a flyer that I constructed in publisher. I do not want >to > send it as an attache...

Outlook 2003 wont send email-very weird
Greetings. Last month installed Outlook 2003(Office 2003 Teacher/Student edition) The other day I found out that email I have been sending have not really been sent. Did some tests. Email goes into outbox fine. Email sends and then goes into my sent box. BUT, it never really gets sent. I have tested this many times. All the email in my sent box never actually goes anywhere. I have setup Outlook Express and it sends email with my ISP just fine. I have done a TEST AND REPAIR to no avail I have installed all updates to no avail I have uninstalled Outlook 2003 and reinstalled it to no ava...

Error printing HTML email
Hi, I get an error trying to print emails I receive in HTML format. I am currently using outlook 2003. I hope someone can help me with the frustrating problem. Thanks Glen ...

Recovering/accessing email folder
I recently updated an account - my address book is still current, but no longer have access to my old email folders. How can I access those folders? Can we assume you're using Outlook and not Outlook Express? If you're using Outlook, look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:065c01c3d3b3$0ad89a40$a001280a@phx.gbl, Ri...

Email from Publisher
This is my first attempt to email from within Publisher 2003. I have run into 2 problems I don't understand. I'm sending with the Publisher page imbedded in the message area (not as an attachment). The first test I ran I set my Outlook Options to display as plain text so that I could check to make sure a "if you have trouble reading this click HERE" text box in the document would get displayed (for those with HTML turned off). I get some of the text boxes but not all (including the one above). Why? Second, I have two versions of the Publisher page. The one that I...

Sending email
I wish to stop a generic Nt acoount from sending via a generic email. However i do require them to via the Inbox only. The problem. over 25 users login to 3 machines with the same login NT4 login account. they open a Generic email account using Outlook 2000 connecting to an Excjhhnage 5.5 server. at present they can send and recieve email, we want to limit them to recieve only. is this possible and if so How. Thanks Michael ...

Variables in email template in workflow manager
All, I am building rules in CRM workflow manager and would like the email that is sent out to have some of the fields value embedded. I know this can be done as the default emails that come with the system (email to account when status changes) have owner and title values included. How do I include the variables in the body of the email? Thank You for your help, Barry Sunshine Try to use an email template. Rgds, Per >-----Original Message----- >All, > >I am building rules in CRM workflow manager and would >like the email that is sent out to have some of the >fi...

Missing email body
I have a Exchange server 2003 SP1 with Windows SP 1. The server was not sending/ receiving email all of a sudden. I rebooted the server and all is well...... except that some users emails the body of the previous saved emails is missing. I can send and receive emails now and view the body of the emails now. The only thing that I can determine right now that it happened to majority of outlook 2003 users and only 1 outlook 2002 user. Anyone have a clue what happened to the body of the emails and if they are recoverable. Any help would be gretly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Morl...

EMails #12
I am receiving emails fine but new mail doesn't show up right away. If I click on another folder all of a sudden it shows my new mail. I am running Windows XP with Outlook 2002. Any idea's? Thanks Try adjusting the time between "send/receive" functions. >-----Original Message----- >I am receiving emails fine but new mail doesn't show up >right away. If I click on another folder all of a sudden >it shows my new mail. I am running Windows XP with >Outlook 2002. > >Any idea's? > >Thanks >. > Luigi <anonymous@discussions.micro...

Outbox won't send email with attachment or let me delete it
Have a large email attachment that is stuck in my outbox in Outlook 2007. I cannot delete it either. Restarted the computer, that doesn't help. All other emails are now very slow to send. Any suggestions? File > Work Offline and then try to delete it. Or you can open the email in your Outbox, close it, and then try to delete it. "Peacockgirl" <Peacockgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C208D01F-A8BE-4F8F-A8F6-0670585A0FBE@microsoft.com... > Have a large email attachment that is stuck in my outbox in Outlook 2007. I > cannot delete ...

Pricing restriction to price lists
Most of our customers do no wish to load all products to MS CRM. Therefore the system restriction to use price lists is too inflexible. In case of opportunities it is even not possible to enter manual prices on product level. ...

Restrict calendar?
We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our employers are holding off on the purchase due to the fact that there is no way to restrict certain users from even being able to see "Free/Busy" on their calendars. They want it so that a whole Active Directory OU can be set to not have any calendar access to another OU's calendar. Does anyone know if this is possible? This is huge for us so a great big Thank You in advance to those who might have suggestion. sgsundqu wrote: > We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our > employe...

HELP: Email body transcript deleted when receiving response emails
Hi All, I am sending emails in outlook with voting buttons. But once I receive the email and I vote using voting buttons in outlook, Email body history gets deleted when the voting response email is received. Is there any outlook property that I can use to keep the email body transcript from getting deleted when the voting responses are received? Thanks in advance. ...

Backup/Restore Emails
I moved from one machine to another and I used Outlook express backup to backup my messages/address from a 5.0 version and restored my email on the 6.0 version, what I noticed was none of my attachments was loaded up to 6.0 version. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Lee Dodoo <LDodoo@us.imshealth.com> wrote: > I moved from one machine to another and I used Outlook > express backup to backup my messages/address from a 5.0 > version and restored my email on the 6.0 version, what I > noticed was none of my attachments was loaded up to 6.0 > version. Ask in an ...

Restrictions
All of a sudden I am no longer able to click on hyperlinks embedded within email and get an error message "THIS OPERATION HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO RESTRICTION IN EFFECT ON THIS COMPUTER. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR." I haven't knowingly changed anything but some other program may have. How do I get back to normal? See if the articles at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D310049 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D307818 help with this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrator...

Can't import winmail emails into outlook (2000)
A Brief Preamble... I searched for info on this problem. I couldn't find any on target, though I'm sure it's there, somewhere. I recently upgraded to Vista and discovered that winmail doesn't have an address book, as such, and doesn't permit the use of address folders like I had in Outlook Express. Why not? I don't know why such a basically useful--and, in my case, an essential feature--was abandoned. Anyway I really do need it, so I bought a copy of Office 2000 in order to get Outlook (which has the old faithful address book). I then installed and update...