Restrict calendar?

We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year.  Our employers are holding off on the purchase due to the fact that there is no way to restrict certain users from even being able to see "Free/Busy" on their calendars.  They want it so that a whole Active Directory OU can be set to not have any calendar access to another OU's calendar.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  This is huge for us so a great big Thank You in advance to those who might have suggestion.
0
syr64 (1)

sgsundqu wrote:
> We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year.  Our
> employers are holding off on the purchase due to the fact that there
> is no way to restrict certain users from even being able to see
> "Free/Busy" on their calendars.  They want it so that a whole Active
> Directory OU can be set to not have any calendar access to another
> OU's calendar.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  This is huge
> for us so a great big Thank You in advance to those who might have
> suggestion.

Hi,

you can change "default permissions" on the "free/busy" public folder to
forbid access for a specific group.
But this can have  bad sides not immediatly seen! I don't really advise it!
Bye.

--
Thierry DEMAN-BARCEL�
MVP Exchange,SQL/Server,[MCSE option Messaging, MCSA 2003].

Reminders from a deleted calendar
Hi, I created a calendar, populated it with reoccuring meeting then about a month later I deleted that calendar but I still get the reminders regarding a meeting from the deleted calendar. How can I get these to stop? Thanks Close Outlook, then in the Windows Run Box put OUTLOOK /cleanreminders then enter Bookstore Mike wrote: > Hi, > > I created a calendar, populated it with reoccuring meeting then about a > month later I deleted that calendar but I still get the reminders regarding a > meeting from the deleted calendar. How can I get these to s...

Delete old calendar items
Hi, I did a search and already found the post on this subject. I was just wondering if anyone had a new idea or a macro or something to accomplish this: I have a user with a calendar which has tons of items (she is a secretary). I need a way to delete only the items before a certain date i.e. a week ago. I cannot create a new pst file for internal reasons. I have Outlook 2002 SP3 running on XP pro. Thanks! Use AutoArchive. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service ...

Is there a 2005 Excel Calendar Available?
I went to http://office.microsoft.com/templates/category.aspx? CategoryID=CT061993171033&CTT=6&Origin=EC010963431033 and have already used the 2004 Excel template but when I clicked on 2005 there were no Excel templates. Does anyone have a place where I can get next years or is there a way to manipulate the 2004 to create 2005 month tabs? Thanks in advance. Feel free to email me at mdking001@msn.com if you have a template or would prefer not to post here. try http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011371131033.aspx -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com &q...

Calendar Year FA Depr Report
I was shocked I couldn't think of a way to do this with standard product. So, I figure I'm missing something easy. I'd like to run a Depreciation Detail Activity Report for 1/1/2008-12/31/2008. The fiscal and FA year for the company is 6/1-5/30, though. Based on this I can't say give me Fiscal Year 2007 through Fiscal Year 2008 period 8 through period 7, because period from can't be less than to and it'd pick up both sets of period/years anyway. Is there a standard report for this, or should I resign myself to writing one in Crystal using the FA Activity table? ...

How do I remove reminder from corrupt calendar entry?
When I try to remove this ancient calendar entry, I get error message saying original entry can't be found or is corrupt. What do I do not to be plagued forever by this reminder? Close Outlook, then click Start, Run, type in OUTLOOK.EXE /cleanreminders and OK. henpeck wrote: > When I try to remove this ancient calendar entry, I get error message saying > original entry can't be found or is corrupt. What do I do not to be plagued > forever by this reminder? > ...

printing outlook calendars smaller
please help me to print a smaller calendar so i can have 2 months per page "bronski" <bronski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2FC9E7E-08E9-4CD0-B094-AD1EA67D5BA9@microsoft.com... > please help me to print a smaller calendar so i can have 2 months per page Outlook version? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Page Setup, Monthly, Paper, Page Size, 1/2 Sheet Booklet bronski wrote: > please help me to print a smaller calendar so i can have 2 months per page You need to use Page setup and select a format that prints 2 per page. Or you...

Listing calendar events by attachment size.
Entourage 2008 for Mac, Web Services Edition. Version 13.0.4 My user is trying to list all calendar events that have attachments. Her inbox on the Exchange server is getting full and it's always because people include all sorts of documents in the meeting request. In Entourage when I list "all events", events with attachments do not show up in that list with the Attachment check box checked. If I go back to the PC in Outlook and say search for Calendar events with attachments messages show up in the list. Can these only be listed and deleted on the PC? Sounds sil...

Add-In to Show Tasks in Calendar View on Start and Due Date and Be
When I go to the daily to the daily or weekly calendar view I want my tasks to show up in the task like starting on the start date and UNTIL the due date. As it is Outlook only allows you to select start date or due date. Is anyone aware of an add-in to alter this behavior? Thank You http://www.taskline.com -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, David asked: | When I go to the daily to the daily or week...

Restricting outbound email
I have some security concerns of people internal to my network emailing senstive files out side of the company. I would like to be able to manage what comes in, but just as importantly what goes what. Does anyone know if Exchange has any built in outgoing filter functionality or some way to achieve this. On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:05:07 -0700, mclarence <mclarence@discussions.microsoft.com> hired a team of monkeys to write: >I have some security concerns of people internal to my network emailing >senstive files out side of the company. I would like to be able to manage >what...

Restricting Internet Email
I am currently running Exchange 2003 and what I am looking to do is set up Internet Email in this fashion (we are converting from GroupWise and this is how we do it now). GroupWise had a simple ACL on its Internet Agent, but the world is different now in Exchange (better!) - Default is to deny all internet email traffic - Allow ALL internet email only for people of specific group (Incoming-Outgoing Internet Email) - Allow specific group to be able to send and recieve emails to a specific list of addresses. How would I go about accomplishing this? I found an article on MSExchange, but it is...

Message Restrictions not Working
I have inherited an Exchange organization. There is a mailbox with message restrictions - accept only from certain users. However, a user not on the list of these specifically authorized users is able to send a message to the mailbox. I note the previous administrator set up the AD account of the mailbox as a security group, not a distribution group. The user who was able to send this message--even though not authorized--has the restricted mailbox in her Outlook contact list. Would that bypass the restriction rule. How can we enforce the sending of messages to this mailbox only to membe...

E2K7
How to allow specific user to have larger message size while sending e-mail. If I change the limit on the mailbox, the e-mail is blocked at the organization level. The restriction is set at Mailbox, Sent Connector, HUB server. But, how to make it possible for specifc user without changing the entries at the connector or hub server level. On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 20:31:01 -0700, sekhar <sekhar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How to allow specific user to have larger message size while sending e-mail. >If I change the limit on the mailbox, the e-mail is blocked at the...

Sharing out a users calendar
I a trying to share out one of my users calendar, something I have done countless times before, but this time it is giving me an error. We have Outlook 2002 SP2 running on NT Workstation 4 SP6, I am able to set permissions on the calendar itself, but when go to set permissions on the "Mailbox - User" it gives me "The modified permission could not be saved. The client operation failed." Any suggestions? Thanks Eric Any help from http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=197001c36054%24968c43c0%243501280a%40phx.gbl&rnum=4&am...

Publisher 2000 and calendar wizard
Hello, In Publisher 97, the calendar wizard used to give the choice of the Monday or the Sunday to be the first day of the week. In Publisher 2000, the choice is gone, Sunday is the only option. Could someone confirm? Is there a workaround? Thank you. Eric. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Eric <eric@email.com>!"... > Could someone confirm? Is there a workaround? The Regional Settings in the Control Panel allow you to specify the first day of the week. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before read...

Restricting the input to certain values in an input box
Dear Experts: below macro - which is running just fine - performs the following tasks: 1. Ask the user to input a row number 2. The entered row number and all subsequent row numbers till the last one will acquire a user defined paragraph style. Now here comes my additional requirement to be incorporated into the code: The input is to be restricted to .... 1) only numeric values 2) should range only between 1 and the total number of rows of the currently selected table 3) figures entered that are not within that range should throw an error message (Input not within the rang...

Entourage 2004 and Exchange Server
Hi there, We have recently installed an exchange server. We have a public folder with 2 calendars in it. Everyone on PCs can see the calendars except for the 2 Macintosh users (Entourage 2004). The mac users can see Public Folders > Internet News Groups but not the 2 calendars. Any help appreciated? Matt The fact that you can't access calendar entries or contacts stored in Public Folders is a known issue. Your request here should be logged. Alternatively, you can send feedback using the web form. In Entourage X or 2004, go to Help > Send Feedback on Entourage. Otherwise, click...

Appointments from Access to Outlook Calendar
I prepare a table in Access then from inside Outlook I import it assigning table fields to Outlook fields via wizard, and checking "Replace duplicates with item imported", etc. How can I automate this manual procedure with a VBA routine from inside Outlook or (better!) from inside Access? Bruno ...

Select all calendar function?
I frequently have to copy/move several meetings from one day to another. Is there any way to "select all" meetings from one day, then copy and move them to another? Currently, I single click on each individual meeting while holding down the ctrl key, but this is rather time consuming. you can hold ctrl as you click to select appt to select multiple ones. hold shift when you select the first appt to be moved and then select the last one and you'll select all in between. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common T...

OWA Calendar not working
Exchange 2003 Enterprise. Windows 2003 standard. Tuesday night, power outage, batteries ran out. Server booted back up wednesday morning, all is fine, except OWA calendars. When someone uses OWA and clicks calendar, it shows the default view with no entries and says "updating view" on the right, forever. Any help would be appreciated. btw, nothing unusuall in eventvwr or IIS logs. Happens for all users that i've check using OWA. Outlook calendar is fine. "Nick Pile" wrote: > Exchange 2003 Enterprise. Windows 2003 standard. Tuesday night, > power o...

can I search the calendar and print the results?
subject says it all. I can't seem to find a way. Better yet would be to export the search results to Excel. Thanks Try Tools, Advanced Find. Free Agent99 wrote: > subject says it all. I can't seem to find a way. Better yet would be to > export the search results to Excel. > > Thanks Sometimes wishes do come true... :) See http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/copyto/excel.htm for a method you can use to get the data into Excel. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: ...

How do i raise events for dropping items into shared calendar
Hi, I am working on an outlook addin project where i want to capture an event when the user drags an appointment item from his outlook calendar and drops it in a outlook shared calendar on his machine. So when the user takes this action an event must be trapped to perform some business specific operations like sending emails. Is there any event raised on such action which gives details of the appointment item which is dropped in the shared calendar. Thanks and Regards See the ItemAdd event of the Items collection. For more programming related questions, please use...

Using the Calendar's "reminder" feature in Outlook
I would like to know if there is a way to configure my Outlook so that a calendar event that I have a reminder set for will activate the reminder even if Outlook isn't open. I normally use Outlook express, and find the Outlook program slow and cumbersome, not to mention, it doesn't have a newsreader, so I don't often have it open, and end up missing the reminders. If this is not possible, does anyone know of a good program that can be used to similiarily schedual events on a calendar, and be reminded of them at a prescribed time before the event, by some sort of noise, etc. Thank y...

add a gif to an appointment in Calendar
Hello, I'd like to know if a gif can be added to an appointment in Calendar (Outlook) Thanks a lor With cursor in notes area, click Insert, Picture. Cruz wrote: > Hello, > I'd like to know if a gif can be added to an appointment in Calendar (Outlook) > Thanks a lor On the Day/Week/Month grid you view, no. On a printout, only if you use a word template (http://slipstick.me/calprint) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: ...

Sync Palm desktop with Calendar in outlook 2003
Is it possible to somehow synchronise a Palm desktop organiser with Outlook - or better still sync the palm directly to the tasks and calendar in outlook? Install the Chapura PocketMirror that came on your Palm OS CD - if it did not, then go to http://www.chapura.com and purchase it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Greendragon asked: | Is it possible ...

How to configure which records are shown in the "Services calendar" view? (CRM3.0)
�ste es un mensaje de varias partes en formato MIME. ------=_NextPart_000_0061_01C9225F.B6CCEA90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, all: =20 We are using the "Services calendar" view to allow all the service and = sales team can see the whole team location and occupation. We've found = two problems in the standard behaviour: (1) That view only shows service appointments for those users that are = invited as required participants. When an assistant is optional, = although the activity is shown in the pers...