Restrict calendar?

We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year.  Our employers are holding off on the purchase due to the fact that there is no way to restrict certain users from even being able to see "Free/Busy" on their calendars.  They want it so that a whole Active Directory OU can be set to not have any calendar access to another OU's calendar.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  This is huge for us so a great big Thank You in advance to those who might have suggestion.
0
syr64 (1)

sgsundqu wrote:
> We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year.  Our
> employers are holding off on the purchase due to the fact that there
> is no way to restrict certain users from even being able to see
> "Free/Busy" on their calendars.  They want it so that a whole Active
> Directory OU can be set to not have any calendar access to another
> OU's calendar.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  This is huge
> for us so a great big Thank You in advance to those who might have
> suggestion.

Hi,

you can change "default permissions" on the "free/busy" public folder to
forbid access for a specific group.
But this can have  bad sides not immediatly seen! I don't really advise it!
Bye.

--
Thierry DEMAN-BARCEL´┐Ż
MVP Exchange,SQL/Server,[MCSE option Messaging, MCSA 2003].

Calendar,Data valid. and "Save as Webpage"
Hi, I tried for the first time to save a file as a web page. The sheet has a calendar and simple code to add the calendae selection to the active cell. I also have a data validation formula to change the list contents based on another cell's input. When I saved the file as a webpage (in anticipation of a upcoming work project) the .html file was only a copy of the worksheet with no controls or data validation. I tried again and added user interaction, but still only the worksheet and nothing else. Is it possible to save as webpage and keep it exactly like the .xls file and if so, how do I ...

Restricting Input
Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell restriction that will only allow data input if another cell is "empty" or has a certain value? Kind of like an IF function, only when "true" exists, I can input any value, and when "false" exists, I must leave it blank. Thanks in advance. Randy, you can accomplish this using data validation. Select: data-validation, then input your restriction. Randy Vieira wrote: > Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell > restriction that will ...

Copy calendar items within the Calendars in Public Folders
How do I copy the calendar items within the Calendars in Public Folders by just doing it once? I have quite some Calendars in the Public Folders and this will help so that I duplicate them in one go. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Change the view to 'events', select all, right click, drag to the other calendar folder, release and choose Copy. Angie wrote: > How do I copy the calendar items within the Calendars in > Public Folders by just doing it once? I have quite some > Calendars in the Public Folders and this will help so > that I duplicate them in on...

Restrict calendar?
We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our employers are holding off on the purchase due to the fact that there is no way to restrict certain users from even being able to see "Free/Busy" on their calendars. They want it so that a whole Active Directory OU can be set to not have any calendar access to another OU's calendar. Does anyone know if this is possible? This is huge for us so a great big Thank You in advance to those who might have suggestion. sgsundqu wrote: > We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our > employe...

Duplicate appointments in Outlook Calendar
I imported my Calendar from my office computer. When importing I selected the box not to duplicate appointments, but that is exactly what I got. I also received duplicate holidays past and present. This makes for a very nasty calendar. I want to delete all of the duplicate appointments without having to remove Office XP. Is there any way to perform this task? ...

Create appointment to custom (shared) outlook calendar
Hi, I'm using access 2003 I'm looking for some code to create appointments into a shared outlook calendar. We've got several shared calendars and I need to post appointments into a specific one using dates and times from our access database. I've got the following code, but this puts the appointments in my personal calendar; I can't figure out how to modify this code to make it work for me, Anyone any ideas? Cheers, Paul Private Sub cmdAddAppt_Click() On Error GoTo Add_Err 'Save record first to be sure required fields are filled. DoCmd.R...

Outlook Calendar Sharing glitch
We run Outlook through the latest vers. Exchange server and have recently discovered that two of our users cannot see any items on shared calendars. They are able to search for shared calendars and the person's calendar will appear on their screen (but will be blank other than holidays). All other users on the network can see these two users calendars as well as all other calendars on the network with all added events and details. This is such a random thing that these two computers cannot see shared info while all others can. Anyone else experience this and have any ideas?????...

2000 Public calendar corrupt for one user only
Hello We have a public scheduling calendar available to all Outlook users. For one specific user some but not all of the appointment view filters do not filter. For this same user appointments are scrambled (appear on the wrong days) only when using the webmail interface. The user has "Owner" permission for the calendar. How do I fix this user? Thanks I have no idea why or how a Public Folder view filter could work correctly for all users except one. Never-the-less, the problem was corrected when I deleted and recreated the offending filters. -- Rick Wetzel "R...

Pricing restriction to price lists
Most of our customers do no wish to load all products to MS CRM. Therefore the system restriction to use price lists is too inflexible. In case of opportunities it is even not possible to enter manual prices on product level. ...

Formula, calendar of duties
Hi all, Right what I want to do seems simple but I may have overcomplicated the whole thing! The idea behind the worksheet is that I want a duty roster, so I know who has worked what days. I will have it layed out as a calender with two columns. Column 1. Person on duty Column 2. To be used if someone else does that duty So what I need is a total number of duties each person has done. I began with =COUNTIF(C5,""). C5 being column 2 I then thought in the next column "IF D5=1 then copy C4" (column 1) I could sum all those labled Andrew Smith. Can anyone suggest ...

Syncing Outlook Calendar to iPhone and IPod Touch
We are on Windows Vista and use Outlook 2003. My wife has an iPod Touch and typically syncs the calendar in Outlook to the iPod. About 3 weeks ago, the calendar stopped syncing. The old appointments were there, but anything she added did not show up. She just bought an iPhone this weekend and the same exact thing happens. I spent two hours on the phone with Apple and reinstalled iTunes and went through various troubleshooting, so I don't think it an iTunes or Apple issue. It seems to be something with Outlook. Any suggestions? Do you see them in By Category view? Are the ap...

Restrictions
All of a sudden I am no longer able to click on hyperlinks embedded within email and get an error message "THIS OPERATION HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO RESTRICTION IN EFFECT ON THIS COMPUTER. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR." I haven't knowingly changed anything but some other program may have. How do I get back to normal? See if the articles at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D310049 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D307818 help with this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrator...

problem to import calendar items after saving in csv file (with MD
Hello, I have lot's of outlook's mailboxes that are corrupted. I use MDBVU32 to remove corrupt item. Before remove, I export calendar in csv format. I delete the folder calendar with MDBVU32 tool and I restart outlook with /resetfolders to force the re-creation of calendar folder. I do the import from my csv file but all works except that Meeting organizer and attendees are not copied into calendar. We use outlook 2002 with domain controller 2003 and exchange server 2000. Thanks a lot for assitance. Eric See your other post -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.c...

Restrict DB Access
Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a single SQL Database/Server when they login to GP? Thanks It's unclear exactly what you want to do. In GP, you can restrict access by user to the company databases via the User Access window. When you set up the ODBC DSN, you are determing which database server the user can access through GP. Additionally, if you happen to have multiple servers, the best way to handle it is to have different user accounts. -- Charles Allen, MVP "JDR" wrote: > Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a si...

exchange 2000 public callendar entries not showing on private calendar
Hello does anyone know why are my public calendar entries not showing in my personal calendar, does anyon know how is this done? thanks Hi, <jcharth@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1109108193.607366.108430@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hello does anyone know why are my public calendar entries not showing > in my personal calendar, does anyon know how is this done? > thanks do we talk about a calender in a public folder? cheers, Andy Andy Rath [MVP Exchange] wrote: > Hi, > > <jcharth@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag > news:1109108193.6...

OWA calendar new appointment permissions
I'm setting up web calendars for resources using OWA 2003. I have given the users "publishin editor" rights and delegated authority. Other users can amend appointments but cannot add new appointments or delete old ones unless they log on as the resource Is this "by design" or can I adjust the settings? I'm using "users" for these calendars rather than making public calendars because some users need to have these resource calendars side-by-side with their own calendar. Any ideas? Using user objects for calendars is the way Outlook expects it all to ...

Restricting no. of recipients
Hello, We are using Exchange 5.5 server now and for some reason, we need to restrict the number of recipients that an user can send at once. I tried to find at most of configuration dialogs, but could not find it. Is it possible to enable this function in Exchange 5.5? Or is there a 3rd party tool regarding this? Appreciate it if you can find it or help me. Thanks. Richard You can set this, but it is for the maximum number of recipients in the message before distribution list expansion, so a distribution list counts as one recipient. It is much more accurate in Exchange 2000/2003....

Emailing from the calendar...
I use to be able to send emails thru the calendar. Now for about a month or so, I am no longer able to do so. I try to send an email and it gets hung up in the outbox. Is anyone else having this problem and/or know how to fix it? Can you send mails when viewing other folders? Are you sending new messages while viewing the calendar or sending meeting requests? What exactly happens and do you get any error messages? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by ...

Outlook 2003 - Calendar
Just got Outlook 2003 today!! (step one of an enterprise wide rollout that will lead to an upgrade to 2007...) I have two questions on the Calendar - my preferred view is work week: - Can you get the Weekday names to appear at the top of the columns? - Can you amend the calendar view to just display the work hours? (Cant imagine planning too many work appointments between 00 and 07 am!!) Thanks I'm using OL2003, and the day names do appear at the top of the column, like: Friday, March 12. Maybe a service pack issue? You can set your work hours, and everything outside of t...

Multiple Subscribed Calendars has issues
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange My client has one particular user account that has to subscribe to over 200+ calendars within Exchange. These are 200+ schools that he is administrating the Professional Development Calendars. He has major issues with using Entourage calendar feature for it seems that he has many events that just delete themselves, other are moved visually but when getting more info finds that they still contain the same date. Do you all have any suggestions for this type of user? On 2/25/10 12:04 PM, woodyh...

Calendar #10
Is there any way of putting your outlook calendar on a website? ...

restricting the drop lines to only a single series
I have mutiple-series charts, but would like restric the drop lines only to only one (ususlly the first) plotted data series. However, the drop line option seems to apply to ALL data series and creates an unreadable mess. Is there a way to see only what I want, i.e. the drop lines for a selected series only? z.entropic Hi Z, > I have mutiple-series charts, but would like restric the drop lines only to > only one (ususlly the first) plotted data series. However, the drop line > option seems to apply to ALL data series and creates an unreadable mess. > > Is there a way...

restrict to export records to Excel and restrict to print
Hi, It is a major requirement for us to restrict some users to export Microsoft CRM records to Excel file and to restrict them to print as stated in our implementation policies. Is there a possible workaround for this restriction? Would greatly appreciate for your fedback. Lot of thanks in advance. In v1.2 there is no easy way to do this. v3.0 should enable this via security roles. In thoery, you could do something with javascript that conditionally removed the link, but not sure how reliable it would be as it would need to do a server-based call to determine the security. Matt Parks...

Outlook 2000 Calendar #2
I installed the update to have the holidays show up on my 2000. However, now my calendar items are hidden in the Calendar mode. They show up on Outlook, but not on the Calendar. They show up busy, bold dates, but nothing is on that day. What can I do? Thanks, Dan. ...

Track in CRM button in other users calendar
I have a client using CRM 3, with the CRM client installed into outlook 2003 (and the problem also exists with outlook 2007). They are running CRM client version V3C with Update roll up 3. They have a problem in that one member of staff needs to be able to see the 'Track in CRM' button when viewing other users calendars. The button appears fine when the user views their own calendar. The user has the ability to view the other users calendar, do they maybe need some additional rights on the other users calendar, or is this feature just not available in CRM? Thanks, Bry, On Jan 14, 9...