Restore to Recovery Storage Group Failed

I'm trying to restore a backup file to a Recovery Storage Group, Exch
2003/Windows server 2003, backup made with ntbackup.
I set up the recovery storage group in exchange system manager, as per
kb824126, the restore fails right away.  It says it's restoring to the first
storage group, I thought it was supposed to restore to the recovery group?
Is there anything I have to set on the recovery group that the kb doesn't
mention?
0
dlw (166)

you added the store you want to restore to the RSG?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to restore a backup file to a Recovery Storage Group, Exch
> 2003/Windows server 2003, backup made with ntbackup.
> I set up the recovery storage group in exchange system manager, as per
> kb824126, the restore fails right away.  It says it's restoring to the
> first
> storage group, I thought it was supposed to restore to the recovery group?
> Is there anything I have to set on the recovery group that the kb doesn't
> mention?

0
sconkey (3059)
2/7/2007 9:50:41 PM
Yes I did not do that. :)
I added the database, but will have to wait and try the restore again
tomorrow.
Thank you.

"Susan" wrote:

> you added the store you want to restore to the RSG?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to restore a backup file to a Recovery Storage Group, Exch
> > 2003/Windows server 2003, backup made with ntbackup.
> > I set up the recovery storage group in exchange system manager, as per
> > kb824126, the restore fails right away.  It says it's restoring to the
> > first
> > storage group, I thought it was supposed to restore to the recovery group?
> > Is there anything I have to set on the recovery group that the kb doesn't
> > mention?

0
dlw (166)
2/7/2007 10:47:02 PM
Also make sure your actual production store doesn't have a check in 'this
database can be overwritten by a restore' under | Properties | Database, and
you're all set!

 Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)

There should be a way to restore the address book in outlook
The help file shows how to backup the address book to a .pst file but is nothing about RESTORE in the help fiile. Maybe it's called something else??? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid...

How to save a group contact??
I have 2 e-mail groups my regular CONTACTS and an other group I created called VOLUNTEER I receive a new e-mail from a volunteer and wish to add the e-mail address to VOLUNTEER group. I have tried numerous different ways and still can't find the right way. I am sure it is something simple I am just missing can you help please? Happy Holidays Microsoft Office 2003 Version Students and Teachers Edition Windows Vista Home Premium Thank-you Carl R Outlook does not use the term "group" so you'll need to explain what you mean by it. Try using the same t...

Group emails #3
Is it possible in Outlook 2000 to send an email to a group of recipients but when each recipient receives the email only their address shows in the "To:" window? Cheers William William M <witmedia@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible in Outlook 2000 to send an email to a group > of recipients but when each recipient receives the email > only their address shows in the "To:" window? Word Mail Merge -- Brian Tillman ...

System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point
My system is windows XP had a new hard drive installed 2008 with more space on it. Don't know what happened to the recovery CD for it, don't have it now, I think that's probably what I would need to repair it, any other way to fix it. Need help any one thank you. System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point, the (next) button does not function, because of a restoration to ''Software Distribution Service 3.0'' restore point was incomplete due to an improper shutdown. A system restore was necessary, I thought because I coul...

Need a seperate discussion group for Visio 2010 Beta
I am struggling to find any on-line support for Visio - It's not even listed under any of the major categories. -- Neville ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7338203e-5b61-...

Sending mails using contact groups

Exchange 2K restore from backup
Hi there We have a server running sbs2K. A couple of days ago a public folder was deleted from outlook. No one noticed for until today. We run complete backups of exchange using ntbackup. So I completed a current full backup. When I tried a restore from a 2 day old backup for the public information store the restored database failed to mount. It stated that the log files were inconsistant I then tried a full restore of both the public store and the mailbox store with the log files as well. This also failed in the same way. I have ended up restoring the current database which ran fine Being ...

Restoring a Database
I created a back-up of my RMS database using Store Operations manager. When I go to restore the databse on a different computer (at a different location), I get an "Unable to Restore Error 5- Access is Denied." I have the sa password the same on both machines. Any suggestins? ...

System Restore unable to restore
My Win XP system is working fine, however whenever I try to do a System Restore it fails and I don't know why. In the distant past I have successfully run System Restore and returned the machine to an earlier time, so I am reasonably confident with its operation. When System Restore is opened the calender box shows each possible restore point date in bold. Selecting one of these, the dialogue box reports a valid system check point for that day. Proceeding with a selected date the system shuts down, restarts, fully loads then announces the system cannot be restored to the s...

Public Folders Restore
Hi everyone We had a Public folder database crash and we need to restore it from the backup. We have 5 Exchange servers accross different sites, now, if we restore the public folder database does that mean that all old itens will come up and replicated to all other exchange with replicas of these public folders? Is there a way that we restore and select only certain itens to restoed after a given date or something like that? Thanks "GIG" <gig@gig.com> wrote: >We had a Public folder database crash and we need to restore it from the >backup. >We have 5 Exchang...

Back up and restore of Out look express.
Hi all, I backed up my "document and settings" and would like to get my address book restored in Outlook Express. Do you know what extension the Address book is? Can I import it? Thanks Brent Hauver www.sagehealthstore.com Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Po...

Calculated by Group
I have a Main report Grouped by Month Then Grouped by Department... I have a Subreport in the Department group header of my Main report. The Subreport is grouped by Job and all the Expenses for the job are in the details. I have a Total in the report footer of my sub report. My question: How do I get the Total from my Subreport to my Main report, calculating all the Expenses by Department? Any and all help much appreciated. See: Bring the total from a subreport onto a main report at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-18.html If you also need a grand total in the Report Footer of your m...

Storage Limit Warnings are not being received by Outlook 98 clients in offline m
Exchange 2000 Server, Windows 98, 2000 and XP users. Office 97 with Outlook 98 Upgrade. I have users in remote offices using "offline mode" to connect to mail server over a vpn. The storage limit warnings are not being received by these users. As a result, they often exceed their limits, effectively cutting off their ability to send and receive email. Help is appreciated in advance. Rick ...

Out of Office reply when forwarded to a distribution group
I don't know if this is a limitation on Exchange, or if I just don't have the correct setting. The problem: Emails forwarded to a mail- enabled group of three individuals, within Exchange, do not generate the Out of Office assistant reply (from the original recipient). The Out of Office reply works when forwarding to one individual. I have checked the box that says "deliver mail to both recipient and forward, etc". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. What version of Exchange? Did you restart the OOF? It only sends once per address until its restarted. -- ...

Exch2003 Delted Item Recovery
If I open additional mailboxes inside of outlook 2003, is there a way to get deleted item recovery to work on the other accounts? The only way I am able to choose deleted item recovery is if I'm logged in as that user that owns the mailbox - so in my scenario I can get to deleted item recovery for my account, but not any of the other ones I have opened. I have full mailbox access to those other mailboxes. Any ideas how to get this to work if it's even possible? Tom Mucha tom@ctcomp.com I don't believe it is possible...you need to be logged onto that specific mailbox... "...

How do I restore a file?
I accidentally saved a new file with the same name as an existing one, and clicked 'override', forgetting they were in the same location. How do I restore the original file that I accidentally overrode? In another post someone mentioned that I have to us my backup software...how do I do that? The file in question is not saved on my computer, it is saved on my Western Digital external hard drive. Thank you! The original is gone. If you don't have a backup of the original then it is gone permanently. Only you would know what backup procedures you keep to maintain ...

Restore Exchange 2000 default permissions
is it possible to restore default permissions for the organisation in exchange 2000. At present anyone can open anyone else's mailbox!! Which i can't believe is the default. If there is no way to reset them can someone tell me what the permissions need to be so only the user and the administrators can access the mailboxes. My CEO is less than impressed that anyone can read his mail!! Cheers Minimum Permissions Required for Mailbox Stores and Public Folder Stores http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/StrPermwE2k3/2934133f-e3af-46a5-9369-1ece5843ff58.mspx?mfr...

OST file recovery
How can I recover email from the OST file. ...

[Group]
I have several charts that say [Group] after the file name. I can't copy anything from one of these charts to a new chart or an existing chart that doesn't say [Group]. How can I say my chart as an .xls worksheet without the word [Group] at the end. I am using Excel 97 SR-2. Thank you. ...

Restoring a value
In the code below, I've attempted to check a value entered by the user and restore the original value if what was entered exceeds the maximum for the current application. So far, I've been unsuccessful in restoring what was saved at open time. Saving of the restored value (Me.ImageRatio = Ratio) using Me.Requery after the assignment statement gives a runtime error related to macro or function validation rule for the field. I have not set a validation rule in the property sheet for the control. What am I missing here? Bill ======(Application)==================== Option Compare Datab...

Restore problem
I needed to recover C and D drives from two week old Drive Image files from the secondary HD ... had back ups to many programs on drives E&F ... operating system on C, program files on D: e.g. D:\Program Files\Microsoft Money. Everyone recovered and updated fine except MS Money 2003. Win2000 Pro system. After restoring the file from E:\backup\Money .. the files and program looks great ... but will no longer allow me to enter a transaction.... comes back, "This transaction can not be entered." Tried to create a new file (new name) and restore to it ...now system says it can not...

Group
I have a sheet that has rows and columns that are grouped. I need to protect rollup portion of the grouped rows. However, when I do that and protect the sheet, I can no longer group and ungroup. How can I allow the user to group and ungroup rows and columns but protect the grouped row? Example: row 4 is a rollup of MY DATA with the next 10 rows as supporting/detailed data. I have created a group so that I can contract 9 of the rows and show only the rollup MY DATA or expand it and show all the subordinate data. The formulas in the columns MY DATA are protected while the cells in the supporti...

Passing info from unbound option group to table fields
Hello, I have an option group with two options. For one option (called signin), I have the option value set at 1, and for the other (called visit), the value is -1. I want to pass the value of the signin option (1) to a numeric field called "numSignIns" if that option is selected, and the value of the visit option (-1) to a yes/no field called "visit" if it is selected. Whatever option is NOT selected I'm assuming will not have any value passed, which is fine. I have the following SQL set up to add a record at the press of a button, and for the other fiel...

dsquery failed:The logon attempt failed
Hello, I'm running Windows 2008 Server domain functional level 2008. When I run the dsquery command "dsquery user -u example@domain.com" I get the error message "dsquery failed:The logon attempt failed". Other dsquery commands work fine including "dsquery user -name Example*" and "dsquery user ou=example,dc=domain,dc=com". Any ideas on why I would get the 'dsquery failed:The logon attempt failed' message and how I can fix it? Thank you. -- David dach3 wrote: > Hello, I'm running Windows 2008 Server domain functional ...

Exchange Admin from AD Users and Group
Hello, I have a really odd issue, I am running Windows 2k3 and exchange 2k3. for some reason on all my AD's and my admin console on my machine when I create a new user, and give it an emial add the address doesnt take, but when I do it on the exchange server it works fine. I am logged into exchange server with same credentials as my local machine. Kind Regards, Ankit On 4 Apr 2007 07:45:44 -0700, "APARIKH" <ankit.parikh@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, >I have a really odd issue, I am running Windows 2k3 and exchange 2k3. >for some reason on all my AD's and my admi...