Restore Exchange...help!!!!

My 'broken' Exchange2003\win2003 server (not DC) had it's partitions
labelled...'system' for C:\, 'Exchange' for D: and 'logs' for E:. How
important is it I label the new Exchange server drives the same before the
restore (I am not sure of the EXACT names!!!)

Also my log files were all on drive D:\ (the only things on that drive) do I
need to restore them too...they may not be exactly in sync with the other
data being restored?

Finally, what part of my 'Exchsvr' folder do I need to restore from backup?
I think that may be a few days older than the information store and logs
backup!!

Am I doomed to fail? Please advise!!!!!!! I have tried to make sense of MS
article on Exchange recovery but very confusing (newbie)!
0
Fabrussio (17)

the labels don't matter.

if you don't have a proper online backup of Exchange, you could be in for a
long slog.

Spend the money and place a call to Microsoft Product Support Services and
get them to help you with the recovery.

Andy

"Fabrussio" <Fabrussio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My 'broken' Exchange2003\win2003 server (not DC) had it's partitions
> labelled...'system' for C:\, 'Exchange' for D: and 'logs' for E:. How
> important is it I label the new Exchange server drives the same before the
> restore (I am not sure of the EXACT names!!!)
>
> Also my log files were all on drive D:\ (the only things on that drive) do
> need to restore them too...they may not be exactly in sync with the other
> data being restored?
>
> Finally, what part of my 'Exchsvr' folder do I need to restore from
> backup?
> I think that may be a few days older than the information store and logs
> backup!!
>
> Am I doomed to fail? Please advise!!!!!!! I have tried to make sense of MS
> article on Exchange recovery but very confusing (newbie)!

0
awebb7472 (650)

need to solve 4th grade equation
i need to solve a fourth grade equation like A+Bx+Cx^2+Dx^3+Ex^4=0 using excel, where A,B,C,D,E are known and stored in excel cells (both real and imaginary solutions, preferrable!) how could i do? thanks! ******************** Visita il mio sito www.alchemystudio.it ************ not an aswer to your question, but here is another option if you've M XP: 'the Power Calculator (http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/PowerCalcPowertoySetup.exe . it's nice, and you can set up algebraic -fx-'s w/ it. -zac -- Message posted from http://www.Excel...

Restore mailbox from the 5.5 server
I wanted to know if the stand alone exchange server that I build has to be the exact same layout as the actual exchange server. Currently, my exchange server is running on NT sp6a server. I wanted to build this stand alone server on a windows 2000 if I can. I'm only trying to recover like two mailboxes only. Thanks in advance you need to have the same OS and SP level that existed on the server where the backup was taken... "jiggyp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:c9f001c48a31$7aa5bfd0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I wanted to know if the ...

Exchange Mailbox
Hi all When I setup a new user account on a wndows server 2003 running Exchange 2003, It is not setting up the e-mail items for the new user. Even though i have ticked the box when prompted, to setup the exchange features. The default recipient policy looks ok and has worked fine until a couple of days ago. When I look at the properties of the user account the e-mail address fields are empty, no local domain address, x.400 or external. any help is greatly appreciated Check the Recipient Update Service. Verify the Exchange server and domain controller listed are existing servers. Veri...

Spam/Virus Filtering for Exchange 2003 -- Recommendations please?
I just upgraded from Exchange 5.5 site to an Exchange 2003 site. However, I still have my 5.5 server acting as the SMTP Gateway, as that still has Norton AV on it. We called about the 2003 Norton AV, and it was prohibitavily expensive, and we already have the 5.5 edition paid for with the service updates (I guess that don't give discounts if you already paid for 5.5 version). So, an recommendations for an Anti-Virus and Spam server that I can use on Exchange 2003 that works well? Thanks! Blake Orange County Library System Orlando, FL "Blake" <anonymous@discussions....

Exchange 2003: Free/busy problem
Hi, All of a sudden as of a couple of days ago, when anyone in my exchange org tries to invite people to a meeting, a message displays when they try to check the other person's availability that says "No free/busy information could be retrieved" What I noticed that may have changed is that the public folder that apparently used to house this information is gone. So I followed instructions on microsoft's website to reset the system folders. Once that was done, I restarted the info store on all the servers in the admin group... but I still get the "no free/busy&...

HELP files not showing

Exchange 2003 and 5.5 Similarities
Does anyone know of good documentation on the similarities beween Exchange Server 2003 and Exchange Server 5.5? An example would be: Exchange 5.5 uses one Information Store that is a single .edb file; Exchange 2003 uses multiple storage groups home to multiple databases - each is one .edb file and one ..stm file. ...

Help with generics
Someone please help me. I am trying to create a generic validation method that simply checks to ensure the type has a value. Here is the method that calls the validation method: public void CheckParameterTest(string someString, List<SqlParameter> sqlParams, List<Customers> customers) { ValidateParams(sqlParams); } Here is the generic validation method. I just want to check that the List<whatever>.Count property is not zero. I can't seem to get the count of the list. Please help private void ValidateParams<T>(T param) { Type typ...

Form help
I am creating a database to track invoices recieved and apply them to specific assets. My question is on my invoice input page I have a check box to split the invoice between two or more assests. How can I bring up a pop up window asking which assests to apply the split invoice to ? Also create the according records for each assest that the invoice was split for. Could someone give me some idea as how to do this? My Access skills are a little rusty. Thank you, Mark ...

Problem with "Search box" in Help window
We are using Excel 2003 on XP. This problem is occuring for all users. When you click Help-Microsoft Excel Help, and try to type in the Search for: box under Assistance, the text is inserted into the spreadsheet instead. The only way you can manage to enter any text into this box is to copy it, then right-click paste it into that box (Edit-Paste and Ctrl+V do not work) I can't find anything in the kbase (except for the tip about pasting). What is up with this? ...

Exchange Global Address List
I have a user whos information i entered. after everything was said and done, he wanted his full name along with initials to appear in the GAL. i changed the display name in AD and took those steps, but when I pull his name up in outlook 2003, its still just his name that i entered before. Is there a way to force this update? you're certain you modified the display name? are you running in cached mode? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Jerry" <jay_pee_36@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1170778214.249747.96530@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... >I have a user whos infor...

STMP ERROR HELP
Hi, I set up a bt wireless network, I use BT as my email provider but my partner uses dircon. I am trying to get the dircon email to go through outlook xp on our notebook. I had this set up a couple of years ago but recently formatted and reinstalled the software on the notebook but can't remember how I did it. It's receiving email but will not send. I've tried setting up the STMP address as BT's and Dircon's but neither work. Any suggestions? Cheers, Alex are you authenticating with the outgoing mail server? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yo...

Help needed arranging data for a pivot table
I have a very large table in excel that I need to create a pivot tabl for, but can't seem to arrange the data correctly. Here's what th table looks like: There are about 20 "type" columns across the top and down the side are dates. For each day each of the columns ha about 20 prices. So a big block of mostly price data is added eac day. Do I have to have all of the prices in one column if I want t view different "types" side by side in a pivot table? If so, I woul have many many times the 65,000 rows that excel allows. This als seems ridiculously redundant. ...

exchange columns and rows
How do you exchange all the columns and rows in an Excel spreadsheet? The column labels are across the top of the spreadsheet, with the data (vertically) below. We want to change it so the column labels on the left, with the data horizontally to the right. (I know prior planning helps in these matters but we're not that good at prior planning (acronym PPPPPP)). Jim Hi Jim this can be done, but remember you can't exceed 256 columns :) select the range to transpose choose copy click on a blank cell underneath your current data and choose edit / paste special - transpose - OK no...

Need Help with a Sum of a Product of a Currency and Product
Does anyone have a way to simplify this formula and make it so it automatically includes newly added rows or cells? =SUM((SUM($K$9:L9)*$H$9),(SUM($K$11:L11)*$H$11),(SUM($K$13:L13)*$H$13), (SUM($K$15:L15)*$H$15),(SUM($K$17:L17)*$H$17),(SUM($K$19:L19)*$H$19), (SUM($K$21:L21)*$H$21),(SUM($K$23:L23)*$H$23),(SUM($K$25:L25)*$H$25), (SUM($K$27:L27)*$H$27),(SUM($K$29:L29)*$H$29),(SUM($K$31:L31)*$H$31), (SUM($K$33:L33)*$H$33),(SUM($K$35:L35)*$H$35),(SUM($K$37:L37)*$H$37), (SUM($K$39:L39)*$H$39),(SUM($K$41:L41)*$H$41),(SUM($K$43:L43)*$H$43), (SUM($K$45:L45)*$H$45),(SUM($K$47:L47)*$H$47),(SUM($K$49:L49)...

The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your help ad
I'm trying to open email that contains forwarded email's. I'm using Outlook 2002 w/SP-2 and XP Pro on clean installs. I can save the attachments but would like to just display them if possible. ...

Exchange 2003 #13
The domain is still in mixed-mode, does this present an issue? Thanks again. Adam If you don't have 5.5 anymore delete the CA from the ADC Snap-In. Do the same for other CAs except for the Configuration. Also delete the SRS in Exchange System Manager under Tools -> SRS (This removes the Configuration CA) Uninstall ADC or disable the service. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are su...

exchange email scanning service
I have been getting the following attachments on some users systems: REMOVED_BY_THE_EXCHANGE_EMAIL_SCANNING_SERVICE_5CAE6CF4_4D03_48A0.txt I know this is a built in exchange virus protection feature, however I would like to tweak it or at least look at the settings. How do I go about doing this? It is an Exchange 2003 server. On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:15:29 -0700, Jason Gallas <nospam@usenetserver.com> wrote: >I have been getting the following attachments on some users systems: >REMOVED_BY_THE_EXCHANGE_EMAIL_SCANNING_SERVICE_5CAE6CF4_4D03_48A0.txt > >I know this is a built...

Vlookup help needed
I'm need help developing an order form. We offer multiple styles of shirts and each style comes in different colors. Right now I have a drop down box in which the customer can select the model of shirt they want. On the from form below I need the drop down box to list only the colors available for the model they selected. I have a hidden "data" worksheet which has the available colors listed for each style. If I know what style of shirt the customer wants, I've been manually enter the data validation to pull colors for the shirt in the order form below....

I nead some help
I have a fried who make fine backgrounds but they are in Frontpage and shall will help me with some new to my webpage. But so come my problem. I only use Publisher 2007. Can I use them in open them in publisher? And if I can not that what shall I do? Are Publisher compadible with Frontpage? Hope to got some help from anyone. What format are the backgrounds? Are they pictures? If they are pictures you can insert them into Publisher. Format, background, picture tab. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bali" &l...

Wildcard with two or more criteria: pls help
_*Number*_ _*Status*_ _*Date*_ N01-02 Draft 04-May-05 N01-02 Draft 04-May-05 N01-92 In Process 15-Oct-05 N01-88 Draft 15-May-05 N01-29 In Process 09-Jul-05 N01-32 In Process 09-Jul-05 N02-22 Draft 24-Aug-05 N02-27 Draft 24-Aug-05 N20-12 Assigned 03-Dec-05 N24-19 Draft 24-Aug-05 N33-13 Doc Written 04-May-07 N44-04 Cancelled 15-Oct-05 My header are Number, Status, and Date (columns A,B and C). The dcuments represent my rows (A2-A13). In my real file, I have over 300 documents. The docum...

I could really need your help on importing contacts into Outlook (Please?)
Hi all, I need to import literally 3000 contacts into Outlook. Unfortunately, the list (in plain text) looks like the list on the bottom of my message (small example). I'm faced So, clearly, the data is not in a databaserecordformat (with fields from the left to the right). Thus, I can not assign headers to it (in Outlook), and thus I can not map the fields during the import into Outlook. I know I can use "transpose" in Excel to change rows into columns, but this still requires a lot of manual work: I have to select each block, Edit/Copy, Edit/Paste Special/Transpose. With 3000 ...

Help finding employment
Hi, I used to be part of this newsgroup years ago. My work using MFC was of pure interest to me. I had money from my previous employer and pretty much did a few things on my own for a couple of years. I participated in the Questions/Answers in this newsgroup and really did enjoy programming using MFC. I got really good at implementing MFC and made a few programs. I never sold anything. It was just a hobby. I seem to be more into the OpenSource way of doing things, but I have no idea of how they make money from open source. I never made any money on the newsgroup. I was happy learning a...

contacts synchronizing, HELP!!!
Hello! We had a system set up in the office so that everytime a new contact was added to the "main" pc, it would generate email messages for everyone in the office to synchronize their contacts, that is add the new contacts. I got a new pc and the system is no longer working in this new computer, I receive the updating email messages from the "main" computer but my outlook doen't process them automatically as it did before. Can somebody tell me what feature is that and where do I have to set it up? Thanks in advance!!! Hi - if you were using NetFolders, and y...

Help with organizing data
I was given data in the following format: 00 10 20 30 40 50 0 25 30 41 43 36 38 1 40 56 52 38 35 20 2 25 19 38 44 46 50 3 52 58 48 56 50 48 Is there an easy way to convert it to the following format: 0:00 25 0:10 30 0:20 41 0:30 43 0:40 36 0:50 38 1:00 40 1:10 56, etc. Any suggestions would be apprecated. Assume data is in G1 to M25 go to an open area C1? insert "0" and copy down to C6 in C7 enter =C1+1 copy down til you hav...