Resource mailboxes - Conference rooms - auditing

Hi,

Is there a way to audit resource mailboxes?

We have shared conference rooms account where some admins do delete meetings
sometimes - intentionally or not.

Is there a way to keep an eye on those changes, and who does what?

Thanks,
Sorin
0
SorinD (12)

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:59:02 -0700, SorinD
<SorinD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there a way to audit resource mailboxes?
>
>We have shared conference rooms account where some admins do delete meetings
>sometimes - intentionally or not.
>
>Is there a way to keep an eye on those changes, and who does what?
>
>Thanks,
>Sorin
Not specifically for Calendar items but they are just mail items at
the end of the day and the total traffic on a target mailbox will be
cal items only anyway.
http://www.msexchange.org/software/Log-Monitoring/ has a list of 3rd
party solutions for logging and monitoring. I haven't seen anything
that does a decent job of monitoring the insides of mailboxes since
the general access to a mailbox is a higher level security matter that
most people tend to be fine with.
0
mark7219 (5666)

resource usage 01-13-10
Hi there, Is it possible to display remaining work in the right hand Pane? I can display it in the left hand pane (the table section) but can't seem to find in the right hand pane (the timephased area). eg. I want total remaining work for each resources for each month Many thanks. -- lk50 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lk50's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/87282.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1292777.htm http://forums.techarena.in Nope. Remaining work is not a time...

Export-Mailbox to a pst
How does one dump a 2007 mailbox to a pst file? On my exchange 2007 server I run: Export-Mailbox -Identity abc123 -pstfolderpat c:\pstfiles\1029500.pst and get: You are running on a 64-bit computer. To export to or import from a .pst file, you must be running a 32-bit computer that has Outlook 2003 SP2 or later installed. On my 2003 machine I run: Export-Mailbox -Identity abc123 -pstfolderpat c:\pstfiles\1029500.pst and get: Export-Mailbox : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'pstfolderpath'. On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:08:58 -...

about resources and the using
Hi! GC removes objects when the GC decides so because C# is managed. At the bottom I have a code snipped. The book I read say Always call Dispose() on Pen objects or use the using feature on the Pen object. I mean C# is managed so I can't understand why I should dispose the Pen object. GC should take care of this. The reason is probably that I mixup memory and resources. GC take care of free memory but not resources. I have some problem to understand why I must dispose the Pen object here because I see the Pen object as any object such as a Person or Car. So my first qu...

Cannot Change Mailbox Size
I'm working on a Small Business 2003 server and have run into a problem. One user is above their mailbox size limit and I'd like to change the limit. I have changed the individual user's limit by taking the unchecking the limit in the user properties. I have also done the same thing in Exchange Server Management When I look at the Storage Limits in ESM it says "No Checking" but the user still cannot send/receive email. Can anyone help? Thanks Todd On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 06:10:02 -0700, Todd J <Todd J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm working o...

MCSD Resource
I have found a resource providing answers for examination questions being helpful in certifying for MCSD.... http://technical-talk.com/mc/mcsd/mcsd.asp ...

Replicate Mailbox Information Store
Hi, Does anybody know of a way through Exchange 2003 to replicate/mirror a Mailbox Store between two Exchange Servers in the same Organisation/Domain without running a Cluster w/common Information Store? If it can be done through E2K, even better..... Brad It cannot be done with Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "BradB" <anon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ukn%23oJY2DHA.3468@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Does anybody know of a way through Exchange 2003 to repl...

Recover Outlook mailbox
I had to install a new version of Windows 2000 after Roxio hammered my registry during an uninstall. I saved my MS Office 2000 folder to another hard drive partition, and installed Office 2000 into a new MS Office directory. All Office apps worked fine. I then configured Outlook and receive e-mail OK. However, I'm unable to locate my previous Outlook mailbox... I backed it up last year as a .pst file, but not recently. Anyone know how to hack into the old Outlook installation, and recover my e-mails from that previous installation? Thanks Ted. The Outlook .pst file does not res...

Resource file (rc) units
Hello, I am currently trying to port a MFC app to the wxWindows API. My problem is I would like to convert a rc file to the wxwindows resource format but I don't understant units used in MS file. Ex : IDD_LECTEUR_DIALOG DIALOGEX 0, 0, 679, 471 STYLE DS_ABSALIGN | DS_SETFONT | DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_VISIBLE EXSTYLE WS_EX_APPWINDOW FONT 8, "MS Sans Serif", 0, 0, 0x1 BEGIN CONTROL "",IDC_PANEL_CENTRAL,"Static",SS_LEFTNOWORDWRAP | WS_GROUP,5,117,667,236 LTEXT "",IDC_STATIC_PANEL,36,138,593,195,0,WS_EX_...

Test on Type in Resource Center
Hi, In Project Server 2007 SP2 In the Resource Center of PWA, I'm trying to filter on the resource's Type : Work, Material, Cost But the system reject any test on these words. It seems it's waiting for numeric values. Have you any idea to test on this Type field? Thanks Robert -- Even though the Type field displays text data, the underlying data is actually numeric. So, you have to test for the following numbers in your Filter: Work resource = 0 Material resource = 1 Cost resource =2 Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howar...

avoiding full mailboxes
Using exchange 2003 and limited mailbox capability of 50 MB we still have problems with oversized mailbox. Does anyone knows how to forward to personal folder automaticly incase of full mailbox? There is no way for this to occur automatically. Users need to manage their mailboxes or else you need to use Mailbox Management to start removing stuff from their mailboxes - cleaning the Deleted Items folder of anything over a few days old is a good first step. The following article just shows Exchange 2000 on it, but it also applies to 2003: 319188 HOW TO: Use Recipient Policies to Control...

Converting resources in Exchange 5.5 to be compatable with Outlook 2003!
Hi all, We running a NT4 Enviroment with Exchange 5.5 and and clients such as Outlook 2000 and 2002 originally this was Inbox but over the years we have uppgraded. OS's are 2K and XP. All working fine untill we starting installing Office 2003 with Outlook 2003 and now we canot use resources like calendar in Exchange 5.5 we can happy create new ones. Does anyone have best way of upgrading resources to be compatable with Office 2003. In a about 4 mounths we going to Exchange 2003 but untill then I need a quick fix :-) Thank you very much, Laz. Laz: Are you referring to automatic bo...

Resource Capacity Planning
I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability by week over time (3-6 months) Try: http://archive.baarns.com/software/ Click Software > On-Line Catalog > Excel Software > Management Software Scroll down and look for "Scheduler" (free excel file) "Paul Hipgrave" <phipgrave@rogers.com> wrote in message news:LHsmb.50236$h61.14914@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability > by week over time (3-6 months) > > ...

How do Resource Groups relate to Resources
I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID that connects Resource Groups to Resources/Users. Does anyone know what table in CRM connects these two? There isn't one. The group membership is defined in an XML document that is stored in the Constraints field of the ConstraintBasedGroupBase table (which is linked to ResourceGroup by them both having the same primary key value) -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "BCote" wrote: > I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID tha...

move mailboxes question
Hi This weekend I'm setting up a new Exchange 2003 server. My current one is Exchange 2000 on W2K server box. I want to be able to move my mailboxes to the new server. During the installation of Exchange 2003 on the new server, there are two deployment options. Which one should I choose? The one that says Install the first Exchange 2003 server? Thanks jeff You will be deploying your first Exchange Server 2003 and joining an existing organization. Nue "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D2FD2ED-AA68-4950-AD3E-B34D3F90E2E9@microsoft.com...

One Outlook Mailbox, two Machines...
Is there any way to access one PST file from two machines? My wife wants a computer, but we share email addresses... Is IMAP the only way to do this? Derek On 29 Apr 2004 15:17, "DS" <JohnDoe@Microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there any way to access one PST file from two machines? > >My wife wants a computer, but we share email addresses... > >Is IMAP the only way to do this? > >Derek You can just put the .PST on a network drive that is shared, but only one of you will be able to access it at once. I'm afraid there really isn't any good way around t...

Unable to connect/see mail in mailboxes after database restore
Hi We ran a db restore where we reinstalled Exchange 2003 server and are now unable to reconnect some mailboxes and others show no data. The Exchange Server indicates that the data is there. Any ideas? Thanks Have you checked your event logs "RP" wrote: > Hi > We ran a db restore where we reinstalled Exchange 2003 server and are now > unable to reconnect some mailboxes and others show no data. The Exchange > Server indicates that the data is there. > > Any ideas? > > Thanks We checked the os event viewer and didn't see anything. Thanks &quo...

Calendaring / Resources in 2K7?
Hey guys, Is there anything for resources built into E2K7? Are we still to use some sort of auto accept? Thanks, D On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:19:02 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hey guys, > Is there anything for resources built into E2K7? Are we still to use some >sort of auto accept? >Thanks, >D Much of that will be built-in: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/features.mspx Yep - works well, too. I blogged about the Calendar Concierge capability a while back. http://winzenz.blogspot.com/2006/06/exchange-2007-calendar-concierge.ht...

How to release resources hold by Creating Rescue Recovery process
In Windows XP SPK3, on IBM Laptop T60. I followed the instructions to create the rescue/recovery CDs. At one point, there was a window screen telling me to wait while it was extracting needed files. So, I waited. After more than 10 minutes (I thought), the window screen went away, then NOTHING was shown to tell me what to do (I supposed to get the window screen to tell me using the CD drive and insert blank CD, ..., etc.). I waited another 20 minutes and still nothing was shown. So I REBOOTED the system and retried the procedure. This time, after I clicked "creating...

How to get the resource from Resource Only Dll
hmod=LoadLibrary("testdll.dll"); hr=FindResource(hmod,MAKEINTRESOURCE(504),"GIF"); if(hr == NULL) MessageBox("This is not working"); else MessageBox("This is working"); here, i am try to get the image(gif) resource,which is stored in the dll(for example testdll.dll). Where as image resource type is "GIF" And resource ID is 504. But i am unable to find the resource. But when i try this FindResource(hmod,MAKEINTRESOURCE(501),RT_BITMAP); Where i have also stored an BITMAP file, and tried find the resource . i have succeded in th...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox Management
Does anyone know whether or not Exchange 2003 allows you to setup individual mailboxes to auto delete messages? I know you can you can setup policies to delete messages in all the mailboxes in a mailbox store, but is there a way to set up something similar on individual mailboxes themselves? Thanks in advance! you can use mailbox management policies to set this up on whatever mailboxes you wish... "AVAMAN" <AVAMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08CFE6AD-1C6E-4D78-92D2-B634AB37974F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know whether or not Exchange 2003 allows...

Moving User Mailboxes to a Different Server
How do I move a user mailbox to a different server. Our organization is currently have space issues on 1 of our 3 exchange server and I would like to move a few users around to even out the space. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Analyzer/1709e5fe-a070-4985-a4b9-8fe67c46b055.mspx?mfr=true David A. Bermingham, MCSE, MCSA:Messaging Senior Systems Engineer www.steeleye.com Dan wrote: > How do I move a user mailbox to a different server. Our organization is > currently have space issues on 1 of our 3 exchange server and I would like to > move a few users around...

Deny Access to Mailbox
Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific users? Essentially my problem is that I want to prevent dom admin A from being able to read dom admin B email from either Outlook or directly from the server. Thanks. neither domain admin should be able to access the other's mailbox...what version of Exchange? do they have SA explicitly or via a group? "Tyler" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:008b01c3b8f4$20379370$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific > users? > > Essentially my ...

Mail delivery to a user with full mailbox..few attempts..
Hi, It seems that whenever you try to send an email to a user that their mailbox size is already full, Exchange will send you with another email saying that the user mailbox is full for the first attempt. Can Exchange send this email a few times or a few attempts before it immediately send the notification email ? Thank you. Rgrds, Zul No. If you have configured mailbox limits (specifically if you have configured the limits to stop accepting mail if over the limit), then Exchange will reject the message and issue an NDR. Once that has been done, the message will not be re-sent....

Using XSD stored in assembly resource with includes
I am trying to validate an XML file against an XSD that is stored in the assembly as an embedded resource. I can get it to work as long as the XSD does not include other XSDs. After a fair amount of searching, I have found 3 possible solutions but none have worked for me. They are: 1. Use the Includes property of XmlSchema to add included XSDs, then call Compile XmlSchema mainSchema = XmlSchema.Read( stream1, null ); XmlSchema includeSchema1 = XmlSchema.Read( stream2, null ); XmlSchema includeSchema2 = XmlSchema.Read( stream3, null ); mainSchema.Includes.Add( includeSchema1 ...

"Resource" has declined
One of my conference rooms returns this error for a few users but not all users. When scheduling a meeting according to the proper procedure, the resource is rejecting the meeting with the following error: "Resource" has declined your meeting because it is recurring. You must book each meeting separately with this resource. Note that: --The meeting is NOT recurring. --Other conference rooms do not exhibit this behaviour --No changes (that I am aware of) have been made to the exchange server or the resource account. ...