Resource booking with non-Outlook clients

Our resource booking is done using Exchange.  This is fine for our
Windows users, however our Linux users cannot book events.  I have
figured out how to use OWA to let them view the calendars on the web,
however how can they book an event without Outlook?  Is there a
specially formatted message they can send to the resource account
setup to auto accept?

Thanks.

Matt
0
mjnews (1)

resource usage 01-13-10
Hi there, Is it possible to display remaining work in the right hand Pane? I can display it in the left hand pane (the table section) but can't seem to find in the right hand pane (the timephased area). eg. I want total remaining work for each resources for each month Many thanks. -- lk50 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lk50's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/87282.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1292777.htm http://forums.techarena.in Nope. Remaining work is not a time...

outlook express #127
I CAN NOT GET ANY E-MAIL OR ATTACHMENTS TO GO I KEEP GETTING A CODE ABOUT SMT AND POP3 SEVER NOT BEING THERE. YOU CAN SEE I'M NEW AT THIS MAYBE I AM JUST DOING SOMETHING WRONG thanks, beverlay wilkins ...

about resources and the using
Hi! GC removes objects when the GC decides so because C# is managed. At the bottom I have a code snipped. The book I read say Always call Dispose() on Pen objects or use the using feature on the Pen object. I mean C# is managed so I can't understand why I should dispose the Pen object. GC should take care of this. The reason is probably that I mixup memory and resources. GC take care of free memory but not resources. I have some problem to understand why I must dispose the Pen object here because I see the Pen object as any object such as a Person or Car. So my first qu...

Send button in Outlook 07 dissappeared.
Send button cannot be found anywhere. It was there earlier on today. Without it there doesn't seem to be any way to send a message Have you created an email acct? Does Alt+S and F9 work to send messages and send/receive? -- "firstpress" <firstpress@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C70A1CD1-A48F-4E0E-9299-1337ADF2A187@microsoft.com... > Send button cannot be found anywhere. It was there earlier on today. > Without > it there doesn't seem to be any way to send a message ...

CRM 3.0

Any tips. leads for learning book cover design?
I was just writing with someone who has a book publishing company, (publishing on demand once it's set up by the writer) who mentioned sub contracting out the cover designs. If the person submitted their own book cover, they took off $175. I asked her about this, did they take submissions, buy from freelancers, etc? She said they don't need anyone right now, but I'm welcome to send my resume and sample book covers I've designed (LOL) Well, I do a lot in PhotoShop (and digital photography) and have designed and printed notecards, business cards and some booklets (for ...

Missing emails in outlook 2007
In the past 1 1/2 month, my Outlook acting strange. Like last night, when I turned on my notebook and I noticed I got total 47 e-mail. Since, I need to rush out to have dinner with someone, so I let the computer keep on running and do the download mail automatically. But, when I came back. I noticed lot of mails are not in my Outlook's Inbox. So, I went on to Gmail and found about 15 mails not shown on "inbox" but at all mails. This means the mail box considered that these 15 mails already download. This problem is not always happen, I have noticed, as long as I keep using ...

project notes not syncing in outlook 2003
project notes not syncing in outlook hi I am using project 2007 and putting lots of notes for employees to read on the task,,, when they sync the tasks in outlook tasks the notes doent show up there that i put... the tasks syncs fine notes dont.. and when employee type something in notes body and update the task i see them in project professional.. and i am able to see both notes in PWA but i wants to make sure both my notes and employee notes are visible in MS outlook task or calendar synching how can i do that. i have project server 2007 sp2 and ms project professional 20...

BACKUP OUTLOOK
Does anyone know where the backup files are kept? I don't want to run a "backup" program.....would just like to copy the backup files so if I crash I can move them back into the program. C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook If your using XP or 2000 or server2003 "SR" <susanrachel@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:kQm2d.3732$mb6.2856@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net... > Does anyone know where the backup files are kept? I don't want to run a > "backup" program.....would just like to co...

MCSD Resource
I have found a resource providing answers for examination questions being helpful in certifying for MCSD.... http://technical-talk.com/mc/mcsd/mcsd.asp ...

Finding Contacts in Outlook 2003
I have a client whom I recently switched from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. In Outlook Express he was able to create a new e-mail message and search the address book for recipients based on e-mail addresses or portions thereof instead of by name. In Outlook 2003 he cannot duplicate this type of search. I have tested this behavior in Outlook 2002 and I, too, cannot find and add contacts to an e-mail message by anything other than name. Is it possible to duplicate the find behavior of Outlook Express in Outlook 2003 or is there a work-around that will do so? Bob N. it works for me an...

Outlook 98 shutdown hanging
Outlook 98 shutdown hanging just recently. "Please wait while Outlook Exits" is the message that stays stuck. ...

Outlook won't run, inbox repair won't run
I've had prior questions and suggestions but no solutions so will try and recap everything here. Outlook won't open saying there are problems with the pst file and suggests I run scanpst.exe. I try and run that, and it won't, saying the pst file is in use. Outlook is closed; task manager shows no tasks, no processes, nothing that can be identified as having anything to do with outlook; nothing. There is nothing running that syncs to outlook - no mobile, no fax, not even a printer. Rebooting did nothing; last good configuration did nothing. Found the pst file, copi...

Outlook Rules & Baffling Spam
Using OL 2003 with Spam Filter set to "high,' but I doubt that's related... I use a "premium" (that's a joke) Yahoo! POP account w/OL. They actually have a pretty decent spam filter of their own. Between that, and OL's built-in spam filter, I rarely, if ever, end-up with one in my inbox out of about 200 received and identified each day. The bummer is that Yahoo! forces me to download them all, but they include a tag, X-YahooFilteredBulk: (ip address) in the header. So, I simply set-up a rule in OL to check messages when they arrive, looking for X-YahooFi...

Resource file (rc) units
Hello, I am currently trying to port a MFC app to the wxWindows API. My problem is I would like to convert a rc file to the wxwindows resource format but I don't understant units used in MS file. Ex : IDD_LECTEUR_DIALOG DIALOGEX 0, 0, 679, 471 STYLE DS_ABSALIGN | DS_SETFONT | DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_VISIBLE EXSTYLE WS_EX_APPWINDOW FONT 8, "MS Sans Serif", 0, 0, 0x1 BEGIN CONTROL "",IDC_PANEL_CENTRAL,"Static",SS_LEFTNOWORDWRAP | WS_GROUP,5,117,667,236 LTEXT "",IDC_STATIC_PANEL,36,138,593,195,0,WS_EX_...

outlook 2000 error
Yesterday I used my my outlook Today, everytime I try to open it, it gives me an error message and says it has to close. I have rebooted, turned off and on, several times...tried to access outlook through "search and explore" ... same message when I look into the error details it tells me that I need to upgrade Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Outlook. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e...

disable Outlook Web App Light
When I log in Outlook Web I get the web version but when another user log in on the same computer she get the web light version! Why and how I can disable the web light version for her? thanks laszlo Not sure what "Web Light" version is exactly, but you'd need to ask this in the Exchange.clients newsgroup. Outlook Web Access isn't really Outlook; despite the confusingly similar name. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outl...

Outlook errors #2
When I start Outlook it immediately comes up with an error: msouplug.dll Does anyone have any advice on how to repair this fault or is there a way to get access to the contacts within Outlook if I cannot get it to open? Thank you Do you have any Symantec programs installed for Outlook? I believe that's where this file comes from. If you start Outlook in safe mode, you should be able to get in and remove that add-in. Close Outlook Select Start | Run Enter Outlook.exe /Safe Select OK Select Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options | Add-In Manager Uncheck any Symantec add-in...

Can't delete email in Outlook 2003
I am working on a computer running outlook 2003. The user had it setup so her email went into a personal folder rather than the main mail box. I closed the personal folders and then setup the mail to go into the main mailbox. Now the user can't delete email. The delete button is greyed out and the user must drag the email to the deleted items folder. Any suggestions? ...

Beginers book on Computing
Can anyone recommend a beginners book on computing? My wife has at long last decided she wants to learn and she doesn't want me to teach her! As an example she says that she does not even know what all the keys mean on a keyboard so a guide for this would be a helpful start! Blair This is a newsgroup for Internet Explorer. But, you could certainly go to www.google.com or www.amazon.com and find something. "bm" <Darroch@aol.com> wrote in message news:eMt$xOuZKHA.5852@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... : Can anyone recommend a beginners book on computing? : My wif...

Address Book or Contacts Outlook 2000
Hello, I am trying to set up my contacts in Outlook 2000. I imported them fine but would like to put them in folders. In Outlook Express I could create a new folder and then copy addresses in them. And then just open that folder to send emails to the individuals in that folder. How do I do that in Outlook 2000? Bec Sorry not too clear am I? Don't use folders - use categories. When you want to send a message to a category of, say friends, display your contacts by category, then click actions->new message to contact. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to th...

How to know the dimension of non-standard Icons
Hi, I am loading the Icon through LoadImage() while drawing Icon I have to draw it in center portion of control. I can't assume the min, max sizes of Icon. I have to show given Image at the center of control. I am using DrawIconEx( hDC, X,Y, 0,0, NULL, hbrush, DI_NORMAL) for drawing Icon. waiting for reply. Raman. Raman, www.wotsit.org has info on all conceivable formats, including the ico-one. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwui/html/msdn_icons.asp is an article you might want to read. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Venkata Raman...

Viewing window in outlook 2003
In office 2001 the set up for outlook was with the mail/folder column on the left and to the right of it the inbox or subject at the top and the messages below. Now in outlook 2003 I have 3 columns, mail on the left, inbox in the centre and message content on the right. Is it possible to re-arrange these to the layout I had in 2001? Thank you. look under the View menu. the right pane is the Reading Pane. The left is the Navigation Pane. "Stewart" <twoduncans@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:db34gd$74k$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk... > In office 2001 the set up for outlook...

"Can't open this item" in Outlook outbox for Internet addresses
I've got an Exchange 5.5 server SP4 on NT4 running normally for years. Recently when users send email to Internet addresses the email gets "stuck" in the Outlook outbox. When one tries to delete the message there is no response from Outlook. When one tries to open the message the message "Can't open this item" is displayed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Internet Mail Service on the server with no result. But, when I stop and restart all of the Exchange services something happens: the message still cannot be sent but I can open it and delete it. Hel...

How do Resource Groups relate to Resources
I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID that connects Resource Groups to Resources/Users. Does anyone know what table in CRM connects these two? There isn't one. The group membership is defined in an XML document that is stored in the Constraints field of the ConstraintBasedGroupBase table (which is linked to ResourceGroup by them both having the same primary key value) -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "BCote" wrote: > I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID tha...