Replication problem in exchnage 5.5 server.

We are using exchnage 5.5 server for messaging.we have around 40
loactions and all are connected by wan link to the mainserver.In one of
my location they deleted one e-mail id and replicated with other
server.But in one of my other location still showing the deleted e-mail
id in GAL.what could be wrong?

Is it only one site or server that still shows the original ID or other sites
and servers as well still see this?  If it is just one I would make sure
directory replication is working correctly.  Try forcing a manual replication
and also doing a knowledge consistency check.  Once I also had an issue where
the DIR.EDB got messed up on one server in a site and had an orphaned object
in it which cuased replication not to occur.  That required a chkdir utility
to be run to remove the orphaned object but messing around with the DIR
should be your last resort.  Again, to start just force a directory
replication and also make sure to set the logging up to maximum so you can
see if any errors are being reported in the event log.  If so put those out
here so we can check those out.  Good luck!

"Ganapathi" wrote:

> We are using exchnage 5.5 server for messaging.we have around 40
> loactions and all are connected by wan link to the mainserver.In one of
> my location they deleted one e-mail id and replicated with other
> server.But in one of my other location still showing the deleted e-mail
> id in GAL.what could be wrong?

0
Transam388 (53)

Replication
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3B410.C2879E10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I was told that Exchange 2003 has store replication a feature "out = of the box" that I would like to confirm. The company I work for is looking for a DR / BC plan. We are = evaluating software that will allow us to REAL TIME replicate the data = on one exchange server, to a standby server so that in the event of a = disaster, all we have to do is activate the standby server and we wil...

varchar(255) Problem!urgent!
I want to export data from excel sheet to sql server.There're some cells that have more than 255 chars,with the extra-255 chars being truncated during the export to sql server.how to resolve this problem?thanks a lot! I was able to try this and used the SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager to setup a Data Transformation Services process. Using the DTS (or DTS Import Data) wizard, it automatically created a "ntext" data type for the column that had more than 255 characters in it. Hope that helps. John -------------------- | Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message | Fro...

SHARING PROBLEMS
how do I fix shared accounts that I don't want shared. I have an account shared with my passport that I can't get rid of. When i sign into the owner account and go to sharing the sharing screen shows the current login as owner, and then another line that says "Member must sign-in to show name" then is beside it says member. Neither line has anything in the action column. So I type in my passport id and click share, thinking it will log me in an allow me to stop sharing. it comes back and says this account is already being shared with another file, if you continue you ...

Changing server name after activation
Hi, I'm using Windows server 2008 R2 Standard. Whether changing the Server name after product activation will cause problem? How does microsoft identifies my WS is genuine? By the server name or ...? Daniel Petri has a good article: http://www.petri.co.il/rename-windows-server-2008-domain-controllers.htm And I think no. Adding ram, changing cpu or mobo may require reactivation. "Vijay chandar" <vijaychandar1989@gmail.com>, iletide sunu yazdi news:FA3327C4-8709-4F2D-99D3-7842CF86B082@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I'm using Windows server 2008 R2 St...

Email Template problem with Workflow
I had a big problem with my Workflow I set up. I set up an Email Notification for a Won Opportunity using the Won Opportunity (Internal) template. When an opprotunity was closed, it sent the email to the CLIENT. It won't let me change who the TO is. Why is an INTERNAL template sending anything to a client and why can't I change that? Please help ASAP. Thanks. -- Client Solutions Manager Micro Strategies Hi Kyle, when a template is selected, the e-mail from workflow is directly sent to the 'customer' by default. Unfortunately this is not modifiable. The only option...

Recovering Messages removed from server using POP3
I had a user set up a POP3 account on Outlook connecting to our Exchange 2000 server. When they connected, Outlook removed all the messages from the server. How do we synchronize the emails that were removed with the server? On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:41:09 -0800, Bill R <Bill R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I had a user set up a POP3 account on Outlook connecting to our Exchange 2000 >server. When they connected, Outlook removed all the messages from the >server. How do we synchronize the emails that were removed with the server? They were probably hard-deleted and are...

Replication
We started replication on the hq database and are getting errors when we run the 401's on the customer and shipto tables. It seems to be picking up the replication column. Invalid column name 'msrepl_trn_version' anyone been succesfull with replication. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks hi Markd, Don't mind but if you have done this in live enviornment then it is worng, first of all no where it is written that it support the replication technology, I know i have put the replication script on the newsgroup for the store operation only becuase I have been us...

mouse problems
When I select a cell on any worksheet, the cell is highlighted but I can't do anything else. When I move the mouse all those cell (between the first selected cell and wherever the pointer is) also become highlighted.Ican move my mouse frely but all that happens is I'm highlighting cells. I can close the program by going to the task bar and right clicking and it responds immediately so it's not frozen. I've tried restarting the computer, tried in existing files but it's all the same!!! Can you tell me why and how can I stop it?????????????? Regards Terrie Terrie, pr...

mhtml problems
I have outlook express 5 when I open my email everything comes as an attachment.Can any help? ...

Need more columns #5
I deleted the extra columns to the right of my worksheet and now I need to add about 10 more columns to the worksheet. The online help does not address this, only "Insert columns." I want to "Add Columns." TIA, Tom Every spreadsheet automatically has 256 columns, no more, no less. You can add to get more than this, but you can insert in front of a column, but these means that the equivalent number drop off the end. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Tom Brown" <Burner2NOSPAM@NOSPAMatt.net> wrote in message new...

sign-in Problems with Money Plus 2007
I changed my MS Passport Password and now can't log in to online Money. I have to use my old passport password to log in to Money but neither works to go to online services. How do I resynchronize the passwords? -- Manticorr In microsoft.public.money, Manticorr wrote: >I changed my MS Passport Password and now can't log in to online Money. I >have to use my old passport password to log in to Money but neither works to >go to online services. How do I resynchronize the passwords? Hold on to you backup files. You may want to increase the number of backup files f...

Gartner response Cards envelope template 5 1/2 width 81/2 high
trying to find an envelope template for Gartner response Cards It is going to take 2 pieces of stock to make one envelope unless you are using tabloid paper. Gartner Cards are nice items, are you sure you want to cut and glue? http://acmoore.com/projects/weddingproducts.asp?ID=19 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB278FDA-E4FD-456E-BF81-7C34BB734A01@microsoft.com... > trying to find an envelope template for Gartner response Cards ...

email servers failed test
I submitted my domain to a popular test site and got the below failures. I googled and tried setting up Open DNS servers, but no joy. How do I go about resolving the below issues? thanks FAILED: TCP allowed Checks that all nameservers respond to queries over TCP. No nameservers respond to queries via TCP. If no nameservers respond to TCP connections, this means that standard zone transfers (usually for slave DNS server replication) and most DNSSEC functions will not work. This can cause difficult to diagnose issues with those protocols. The nameservers that failed TCP querie...

importing accounts to exchange 5.5
Hi, please can anyone help. I am trying to create new mailboxes in exchange 5.5 which i can do but the mail boxes already exsited on a another server which went down we have recovered the data of the HD and what i am trying to do is add the user profiles from the other server to ours. Can any help with what files need to be copied and where to put them? I can't import cause all I have is the data and not a working HD to boot from I have all the right dirs. just don't no where to put it and what to do? Any help would be great thanks If I understand you correctly, it sounds like...

Public Folder Replication error #4
We have windows 2000 domain, exchange 20003 running on windows 2003 member server, we have to windows 2000 sites, all AD replication is OK, but only public folder replication did not happen, between two servers, I am getting following NT event application event error EVENT ID 3093 Error -1603 reading property 0x36010003 on object type tbtFolder from database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store Also I have following event 3085 Error 0x8004010f occurred while generating an outgoing replication message. Type: 0x4 Folder: (7-3ABC) Database "First Storage Group\Pub...

database problem
i created a database in MS ACESS and i tried to acess it using VC front end.I am getting an error message stating "unrecoganised database format".Can you offer any suggestions.Thanks in advance Jeevan "Jeevan" <fenn_j@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:<u9KetewaEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>... > i created a database in MS ACESS and i tried to acess it using VC front > end.I am getting an error message stating "unrecoganised database > format".Can you offer any suggestions.Thanks in advance > What versions are your running (Access/...

UGHHH another url problem, attachment security problem
I sent a web page to myself and tried to open it on a win2Kcomputer. I get a message Attachmetn Security Warning this file may contain a virus that can be harm... save to disk, cancel ------ however when I try to save it- I get another message "Outlook cannot sar the URL rto afile, can't find this file . Make sure the path and file name are correct HOW do I fix this, I have looked and can't find the answer You may want to look into Microsoft KB article 829982. It will allow you to set .url's to be allowed by Outlook, and you may not have this problem anymore. http:/...

Excel problem that could be solved with VBA
Can anyone please help. I am working with a software that outputs zip code and street information. The output information is excel based. The problem that i have is that in the same column (for ex. column A) both the zip and street information is listed. The pattern of the output file consists of a zip code followed by multiple streets that belong to that zip code. This pattern repeats numerous times. So, for instance: 94015 Amhurst Ct Arcadia Dr Arley Ct Avalon Dr Bacon Ct .. .. .. 94015 Gateway Dr Gellert Blvd Glencourt Way Grandview Ave Hampshire Ave Hampshire Ct .. .. .. The file has...

OWA Access Problems
Hello all, I have recently install Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition with Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition as well. For the new Exchange installation, everything went well. The Active Directory mode for my new 2003 domain is native mode, Exchange is running in mixed mode. I have the users from my current Windows 2000 Active Directory domain in place in the new 2003 A.D. domain. Here is my issue: in testing OWA (which is running on the Exchange server itself now, with plans to move OWA to different web servers in the near future) no matter what I do, I cannot access my mailbox via a web page...

User's problem with sending BIG email messages
I have a user who needs to email the monthly financial statements to the company's accountant. She keeps getting an error message that the message she's sending is too big. I've increased her emailbox limits to the maximum and I've increased the message limits in the Exchange Management Console to the maximum. On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:33:03 -0700, "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a user who needs to email the monthly financial statements to the >company's accountant. She keeps getting an error message that the message ...

Front End server in DMZ
Hi We are considering putting up a Front End server in DMZ. A few quick questions.... 1) Can we use Exchange 2003 standard on the FE? (We have E2003 Enterpise on BE) 2) Should the FE be installed as a member server in our domain? 3) Can outlook 2003 clients connect to the FE or just they who use OWA? 4) if yes on question 3, then which ports should be open besides port 80? 5) Which ports should be opened from the FE to the inside BE? Thanks for your time Tomppa On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:12:53 +0300, "Tommy Forsman" <tofors99@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi > >We are con...

IE 8 Internet Problem
Win XP Pro Machine - Installed IE 8 and now can't access web pages. I can ping web sites (yahoo.com) and receive email but can't open web pages. I've run TCP IP fix program and ran O/S repair but neither helped. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I posted this an hour or so ago and it hasn't showed up yet so am posting again. KenP "KenP" <KenP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB1E0479-55F8-40FE-8A31-53D93292D2DE@microsoft.com... > Win XP Pro Machine - Installed IE 8 and now can't access web pages. I can >...

Help please
After a failed update to SQL 2008 SP1 + CU8, I restored master, and then tried to do a repair on the install to make sure I was back to SP1 only. I now get the following error: SQL Server 2008 - Developer Edition x64 Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 There was an error executing the Replication upgrade scripts TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Setup ------------------------------ The following error has occurred: There was an error executing the Replication upgrade scripts. See the SQL Server error log for details. For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=204...

IMAP replication
Hi all, First post to this newsgroup. I am wondering if it is possible to have Exchange sync itself with an IMAP server. We have an in house Exchange server that is used to manage Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks, however mail is handled by an external IMAP server. The ideal solution would be to have the two kept in sync, so any changes made on the Exchange server would reflect on the IMAP server and vice versa for each user. Is this just a pipe dream? Thanks, Hamlesh Motah. : We have an in house Exchange server that is used to manage : Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks, however mai...

Problem with Pivot Table
Hiyee all~~ I'm a newbie of Excel with VBA. I got a question that need help fro you all. When I create the pivot table, I record the macro. After complet building the pivot table, I stop my macro. Hence, the next time I wan to built my pivot table, I will just click on macro. When I recorded it with macro, I can built it with the same amount o data. The problem here is, when I expanded my data, I cant get th correct pivot table. For example, my data initially from R1C1:R10C4 and I modify it to R1C1:R20C4, I cant get the correct pivot table buil from the macro. What can I do to it? Anyone...