Replication of address book takes ages

Hello, I've noticed that when I create new distribution
lists, create new users or make a change to someone email
addresses it seems to take days for that to replicate out
to the users address book. Even when I select to download
the address book within outlook 2003!

Is there any reason for this?

Thanks in advance

Mike D
0
anonymous (74722)

"Mike D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello, I've noticed that when I create new distribution
>lists, create new users or make a change to someone email
>addresses it seems to take days for that to replicate out
>to the users address book. Even when I select to download
>the address book within outlook 2003!
>
>Is there any reason for this?

We've taken to calling them "SLOW-main" controllers! :)

If the information in each of the DC's is up to date, but the Offline
Address Book is not updated, then what's the schedule you've assigned
to the OAB generation? And how many replicas of the OAB do you have?
And are all the OAB folders replicated to the same set of PF stores?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Second SMTP Address Space
Hi All, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a situation which I have at present. We have recently been bought out and have been tasked to, initially, make it appear as though both companies have a common email address structure. Although I know how to make email be forwarded to the old email addresses I'm struggling getting the sender address changed. Existing SMTP domain which we need to recieve and send from has set up contacts which forward to our old SMTP domain. This works. I've tried adding a recipient policy which creates another email address on the old SMTP domain ...

Address Card View
Does anyone know how to make selected contacts stand out or highlighted in the address card view for Outlook Thanks for any suggestions ...

Replication
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3B410.C2879E10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I was told that Exchange 2003 has store replication a feature "out = of the box" that I would like to confirm. The company I work for is looking for a DR / BC plan. We are = evaluating software that will allow us to REAL TIME replicate the data = on one exchange server, to a standby server so that in the event of a = disaster, all we have to do is activate the standby server and we wil...

ldap query for address list
my organization is now migrating from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. after migration, i just couldn't find a way to get that sorting of address book view like in exchange 5.5 that sort the gal by grouping (e.g, sort by company then department). will it is possible that the custom ldap query will do sorting like sql statement (group by) or (order by)? ...

Replication
We started replication on the hq database and are getting errors when we run the 401's on the customer and shipto tables. It seems to be picking up the replication column. Invalid column name 'msrepl_trn_version' anyone been succesfull with replication. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks hi Markd, Don't mind but if you have done this in live enviornment then it is worng, first of all no where it is written that it support the replication technology, I know i have put the replication script on the newsgroup for the store operation only becuase I have been us...

Multiple accounts reply address
Hi, I use Outlook 2000. I operate 4 different email accounts. I have a problem with one of the accounts. Whenever I reply to messages in that particular account (lets call it account A) it is sent via one of my other accounts (account B) meaning that the reply to address changes and is then shown as account B. All the other accounts function properly in that if I reply to a message received through either account B, C or D then the message is sent via the appropriate account, therefore shows the correct reply to address. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks Haresh Check your account...

Modifying Address Book Templates
I'm following direction from the Administrators Pocket Consultant for Exchange Server 2003. I want to create a template that people will see when opening the details of someone in the GAL. I'm trying to modify the "Internet Address" template in ESM on Exchange Server 2003/Win2k3. I have full control of this box, information stores as well as the AD Schema but I can't seem to access the add or modify buttons in this template. I've never done this before so please point me in the right direction if I'm in the wrong place. Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - T...

Function address from VB?
Great day. I have a question. I'm trying to find out in VB from which cell my formula was called. For example I have a user defined formula public function MyFormula() MyFormula = 10 end function if somebody calls this function from sheet1 cell A1 (b "=MyFunction()"). Is there a way for me to find out that in VB? Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Application.Caller.Address will give you the address that called th function. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com kkknie, Thank you!!!! This works great!! -- Message posted from h...

Address lookup for Quote, Order, Invoice #2
I have an issue with the parent account, account addresses when createing quote,order and invoices. Below the exact issue described by 'Michael' posted on microsoft.public.crm on Jul 14 2004, 5:12 am >Hi, > >When I try to lookup an address when creating an >Quote >(Order, Invoice) for which the Potential Customer >(Customer) is a Contact, the address lookup screen is >;imited to addresses entered into the Contact's details >(on the Information tab and the More Addresses tab). >It does not include addresses from the Contact's Parent >Account (or...

SMTP Address Question
How can I check to see if I have a duplicate SMTP address? My company has decided to go with one global e-mail domain name and I'm concerned that someone else may be using the address. Therefore, people will either not get mail or someone else my get thier mail! Example jsimth@abc.com Toronto User jsmith@abc.com Paris User At this time I'm in the process of adding a second SMTP address of the new domain name while keeping the exsisting address. But I'm concnered the address already exsists somewhere within the orgianization, how can i be sure it does not? Any help would be...

How do i import addresses from web-mail to outlook
Please can someone help me by giving me advice about how i can import my address book from a web based email to Outlooks?? ...

Hide GAL from the Address list in OL2K3
Hi all, I have ex2k3 and ol2k3.i want to hide the GAL list from all the users and want them to use a comman address list from a shared folder.the 2nd part is done and is working,the problem how to hide the GAL for all the users. appriciate all the comments. Thushya. ...

Address book import incomplete
When I imported Outlook Express address book, only the main group was imported. How can I get the rest? You can't. Only the default folder can be imported. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Don" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13ae101c4443c$8d29cd30$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I imported Outlook Express address book, only the > main group was imported. How can I get the rest? ...

ldap show all mail address
is it possible to show all the mail address and name of the person in a new mail windows , is there an option to activate i know that if you douoble click on the name you can have the details...... thanks ...

address
How can I input an entire address on a form or report , this list is currently in excel? I want it to enter like the example below when chosen from a drop down list. AB fabricators 124 Main Anywhere, Texas 43434 POC John Doe Fax 999-999-9999 Phone 888-888-888 On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 19:07:00 -0800, He cries for help <Hecriesforhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I input an entire address on a form or report , this list is >currently in excel? >I want it to enter like the example below when chosen from a drop down list. > >AB fabricators >124 Main >Anywh...

Copying email addresses to create a distribution list
I have tried selecting and copying the names/email addresses in the To field of an email and pasting them in the members field of a new distribution list, but only the names appear, not the email addresses. Can someone help me figure out how to paste the actual email addresses? I am using Outlook 2007 Thanks, -- Leslee You need to copy the addresses from the header. See http://www.slipstick.com/tutorials/create/dl.asp for a tutorial FWIW - if the people are in your contacts list, the names will resolve. If they are not in contacts, use the method in the tutorial. -- ...

Stock Taking (SO) Parent --> Child --> Child ..etc.
In the Stock Control of RMS there is currently no way for the system to recognize if an item is associated to a parent or longer chain of the same relationship (EG Parent has a child that has a child) When items are broken down to be sold as childs the stock variances in a physical inventory count time can be massive and extremely time consuming. RMS should have more internal knowledge of the parent child relationship. There should also be better reports to show this information than the current single tier custom report. -- Regards, Ivan Brebner Premium Retail Solutions --------...

Mailboxes SMTP addresses and Domains
I have two domains A.int and B.A.int (child domain). 1 Exhcange (2003) server in domain A. A small set of users have accounts in both A and now B. Many with the same username. Accounts in both domains have mailboxes on the same exchange server. I can see all mailboxes in ESM. .. I added a recipient update service policy for B with the intention that users would get the SMTP domain from the exchange server (A.com). I saw briefly that usernames in B had the SMTP address user@b.a.com is this expected behavior? Our recipient policy defines A.com for SMTP. Also since SMTP address user@A.com is...

global address list #15
hi guys, I have a small issue here. I migrated to new exchange 2003 from 2000 last month, the new exchange 2003 is a new domain altogether which we buit from scrach. We migrated using exmerge and every thing worked fine. But when users are trying to send email using global addresss list the email is bouncing back with 450 error recepient not found error. When they are typing in the email address manually, the mail is going through. I think its an issue with the x.400 as global address list uses x.400 for delivery. Can any one help me out on this. Regards Jim Taylor just encountered ...

Public Folder Replication error #4
We have windows 2000 domain, exchange 20003 running on windows 2003 member server, we have to windows 2000 sites, all AD replication is OK, but only public folder replication did not happen, between two servers, I am getting following NT event application event error EVENT ID 3093 Error -1603 reading property 0x36010003 on object type tbtFolder from database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store Also I have following event 3085 Error 0x8004010f occurred while generating an outgoing replication message. Type: 0x4 Folder: (7-3ABC) Database "First Storage Group\Pub...

Importing Netscape 7.1 mail and addresses into Office Outlook 2007
How do I import mail folders and addresses from Netscape 7.1 into Office Outlook 2007? The latter does not seem to inherently recognize the former. I'm new to this forum; sorry if I'm asking something that's been covered a thousand times.....just steer to me to the closest link. Thanks. does netscape support exporting addresses to csv format? http://www.slipstick.com/config/convaddr.htm - address magic plus will do both the addresses and the messages. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www....

Personal Address Book #6
I lost my personal address book. How do I get it back? >-----Original Message----- >I lost my personal address book. How do I get it back? >. > you can do a search on *.pab files. then try to recreate it. this should help What version of Outlook? The Personal Address Book hasn't really been used by most Outlook users for several Outlook versions now. What are you trying to do that isn't working (exact steps please)? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the me...

Code for the topic :E_ACCESSDENIED error when logging into a CDO session to access Global Address Book{Global Address List}

Resolving Addresses
How do you control the drop down list of addresses when you type in the "TO" field. I have tried using the "Display As" and the "Nickname" field but I still have valid address that are not displayed in the drop down list when I start typing a name. What version of Outlook are you using? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Larry Sherrod" <lsherrod@nascentsystems> wrote in message news:08c001c34f99$6...

Help please
After a failed update to SQL 2008 SP1 + CU8, I restored master, and then tried to do a repair on the install to make sure I was back to SP1 only. I now get the following error: SQL Server 2008 - Developer Edition x64 Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 There was an error executing the Replication upgrade scripts TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Setup ------------------------------ The following error has occurred: There was an error executing the Replication upgrade scripts. See the SQL Server error log for details. For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=204...