Replicating exchange server

I already have Windows2003 SP1 with exchange server 2003 on an HP Server . I
am planning to create another machine with the same exact configuration that
would be a replicate incase original system has problem. Any idea what I
should be aware of.

this will not work...only way to accomplish this is to use some flavor of
clustering, or some third party solution...Marathon Technologies',
NeverFail; there are a few out there...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"esfandiarfard" <esfandiarfard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I already have Windows2003 SP1 with exchange server 2003 on an HP Server .
> am planning to create another machine with the same exact configuration
that
> would be a replicate incase original system has problem. Any idea what I
> should be aware of.

0
sconkey (3059)
3/9/2006 9:45:39 PM
Or use a SAN and a boot-from-SAN configuration.  Then you can just swap the
entire chassis, program the fiber cards and you're going again.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> this will not work...only way to accomplish this is to use some flavor of
> clustering, or some third party solution...Marathon Technologies',
> NeverFail; there are a few out there...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "esfandiarfard" <esfandiarfard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I already have Windows2003 SP1 with exchange server 2003 on an HP Server
>> .
>> am planning to create another machine with the same exact configuration
> that
>> would be a replicate incase original system has problem. Any idea what I
>> should be aware of.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
3/9/2006 10:15:05 PM
Thank You. I was not very clear. My second exchange server will not have same
exact hardware configuration. So basically I am looking to replicate
folders/mailboxes from one server to next and neither of them are domain
controllers. I think I might be able to do it without thirdparty but I still
need advice. Thanks

"Susan" wrote:

> this will not work...only way to accomplish this is to use some flavor of
> clustering, or some third party solution...Marathon Technologies',
> NeverFail; there are a few out there...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "esfandiarfard" <esfandiarfard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I already have Windows2003 SP1 with exchange server 2003 on an HP Server .
> > am planning to create another machine with the same exact configuration
> that
> > would be a replicate incase original system has problem. Any idea what I
> > should be aware of.

Try this article

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3DataRepl/bedf62a9-dff7-49a8-bd27-b2f1c46d5651.mspx

> Thank You. I was not very clear. My second exchange server will not have
> same
> exact hardware configuration. So basically I am looking to replicate
> folders/mailboxes from one server to next and neither of them are domain
> controllers. I think I might be able to do it without thirdparty but I
> still
> need advice. Thanks
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
>> this will not work...only way to accomplish this is to use some flavor of
>> clustering, or some third party solution...Marathon Technologies',
>> NeverFail; there are a few out there...
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "esfandiarfard" <esfandiarfard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > I already have Windows2003 SP1 with exchange server 2003 on an HP
>> > Server .
>> > am planning to create another machine with the same exact configuration
>> that
>> > would be a replicate incase original system has problem. Any idea what
>> > should be aware of.

0
exchange.mvp (559)
3/10/2006 12:28:42 PM
Thank You very much. Will study the article.

"Andrew Sword [MVP]" wrote:

> Try this article
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3DataRepl/bedf62a9-dff7-49a8-bd27-b2f1c46d5651.mspx
>

> "esfandiarfard" <esfandiarfard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank You. I was not very clear. My second exchange server will not have
> > same
> > exact hardware configuration. So basically I am looking to replicate
> > folders/mailboxes from one server to next and neither of them are domain
> > controllers. I think I might be able to do it without thirdparty but I
> > still
> > need advice. Thanks
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> >> this will not work...only way to accomplish this is to use some flavor of
> >> clustering, or some third party solution...Marathon Technologies',
> >> NeverFail; there are a few out there...
> >>
> >> --
> >> Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >>

> >> "esfandiarfard" <esfandiarfard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message
> >> that

LifeKeeper for SteelEye Technology is another option...

http://www.steeleye.com/solutions/exchange.html

Exchange account related
How can I have one Exchange Mailbox in my exchange organization send email to only another Exchange Mailbox and no one else? I have an Exchange inbox where end users can login and send email as that email (Comments@myDomain.Com) to one and only one recipient and not be able to CC, BCC, or send to anyone else. Thank you, Juan ...

Replication
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3B410.C2879E10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I was told that Exchange 2003 has store replication a feature "out = of the box" that I would like to confirm. The company I work for is looking for a DR / BC plan. We are = evaluating software that will allow us to REAL TIME replicate the data = on one exchange server, to a standby server so that in the event of a = disaster, all we have to do is activate the standby server and we wil...

Recovering Messages removed from server using POP3
I had a user set up a POP3 account on Outlook connecting to our Exchange 2000 server. When they connected, Outlook removed all the messages from the server. How do we synchronize the emails that were removed with the server? On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:41:09 -0800, Bill R <Bill R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I had a user set up a POP3 account on Outlook connecting to our Exchange 2000 >server. When they connected, Outlook removed all the messages from the >server. How do we synchronize the emails that were removed with the server? They were probably hard-deleted and are...

Replication
We started replication on the hq database and are getting errors when we run the 401's on the customer and shipto tables. It seems to be picking up the replication column. Invalid column name 'msrepl_trn_version' anyone been succesfull with replication. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks hi Markd, Don't mind but if you have done this in live enviornment then it is worng, first of all no where it is written that it support the replication technology, I know i have put the replication script on the newsgroup for the store operation only becuase I have been us...

Outlook 2003 BCM and Exchange 5.5
Is Outlook 2003 BCM compatible with Exchange 5.5..? I installed it as an add on...and it doens't work. Any ideas/advice would be helpful. Thanx in advance. No, BCM doesn't work with Exchange. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Jim C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ab0701c3b85a$d85fcbb0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is Outlook 2003 BCM compatible with Exch...

Snapshot agent uses all available memory on server
I have a SQL server. SQL 2005, Service Pack 3, Cummulative update 5. Version 9.00.4230. Default server settings for memory. Server has about 3.5 gigs of memory. I have set up transactional replication to be it's own distributor on this sql server, it is set for a push subscription. I have placed the repldata folder and distribution database on the proper spindles. I'll start a perfmon counter and monitor available MB's. Then start the snapshot agent. Right away I see memory going down and down and down until it reaches zero. It will remain at zero until the entire se...

Revisited
Previously I was seeking a way to hook up Treo 6000 and Exchange 2003, but I have found so far the only way for messages to arrive from Exchange to Treo was to have PC Monitor along with Active Sync (Verizon / Palm software) on the desktop - it monitors the person's mail from Outlook/Exchange and relays it to the TREO. Basically, like Blackberry, it requires an intermediate software or middleware for the relay to work. Does anyone of a better solution andbriefly explain it? Better means not requiring middleware. VV wrote: > Previously I was seeking a way to hook up Treo 600...

Exchange 2003 #24
Did any one knows how to automate the process of reserving meeting rooms through Exchange 2003 Good starting point here http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/skedresource.htm "Alaa Shaheen" <ashaheen@aedegypt.org> wrote in message news:412d01c4730e$56d20f80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Did any one knows how to automate the process of > reserving meeting rooms through Exchange 2003 | Did any one knows how to automate the process of | reserving meeting rooms through Exchange 2003 | If your are looking for a method to enable users to book resource (or meeting) rooms, then you ...

email servers failed test
I submitted my domain to a popular test site and got the below failures. I googled and tried setting up Open DNS servers, but no joy. How do I go about resolving the below issues? thanks FAILED: TCP allowed Checks that all nameservers respond to queries over TCP. No nameservers respond to queries via TCP. If no nameservers respond to TCP connections, this means that standard zone transfers (usually for slave DNS server replication) and most DNSSEC functions will not work. This can cause difficult to diagnose issues with those protocols. The nameservers that failed TCP querie...

importing accounts to exchange 5.5
Hi, please can anyone help. I am trying to create new mailboxes in exchange 5.5 which i can do but the mail boxes already exsited on a another server which went down we have recovered the data of the HD and what i am trying to do is add the user profiles from the other server to ours. Can any help with what files need to be copied and where to put them? I can't import cause all I have is the data and not a working HD to boot from I have all the right dirs. just don't no where to put it and what to do? Any help would be great thanks If I understand you correctly, it sounds like...

Public Folder Replication error #4
We have windows 2000 domain, exchange 20003 running on windows 2003 member server, we have to windows 2000 sites, all AD replication is OK, but only public folder replication did not happen, between two servers, I am getting following NT event application event error EVENT ID 3093 Error -1603 reading property 0x36010003 on object type tbtFolder from database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store Also I have following event 3085 Error 0x8004010f occurred while generating an outgoing replication message. Type: 0x4 Folder: (7-3ABC) Database "First Storage Group\Pub...

Exchange in recovery mode
When my users long in through outlook to Exchange 2k3 we all get a box telling us Exchange is in recovery mode. I can click the connect button and everything works fine but how do i make this go away? Can anyone help? Thanks <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:92cc01c4789c$2d924b10 $a601280a@phx.gbl: > When my users long in through outlook to Exchange 2k3 we > all get a box telling us Exchange is in recovery mode. I > can click the connect button and everything works fine but > how do i make this go away? Can anyone help? > > Thanks The me...

Help please
After a failed update to SQL 2008 SP1 + CU8, I restored master, and then tried to do a repair on the install to make sure I was back to SP1 only. I now get the following error: SQL Server 2008 - Developer Edition x64 Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 There was an error executing the Replication upgrade scripts TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Setup ------------------------------ The following error has occurred: There was an error executing the Replication upgrade scripts. See the SQL Server error log for details. For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=204...

SMTP Server Blocked, Incoming External Email Not Arriving
Hello Newsgroup, We've had this problem happen twice in two weeks: No incoming external email is being delivered. Senders do not receive NDRs. In Current Sessions of our Default SMTP Virtual Server, there are 500 items (which happens to be the default limit). The sessions all go to the same domain name, which I'll call "domain", and I'll call their IP "xx.xx.xx.xx" They are listed as such: User From Connected Time mail1014.mail.domain.com xx.xx.xx.14 267281 seconds ...

Exchange CALs less that Server 2003 licenses
I had a prospective customer with Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition with licensing for 25 users. He wants me to install Exchange Server 2003 Standard, but he only wants 15 CALs. He does not think he needs more than 15 mailboxes. Will there be any negative consequences with this combination? Can Exchange CALs be added as required? TIA Yes, this shouldn't be a problem, though I fail to understand the reasoning if the user/customer has already purchased 25 CALs. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------------...

exchange calender sync to .pst file
I'm trying to sync my work calendar, which is on an exchange server, so my home outlook, which is in a .pst file. I tried to "export" the calendar into a pst file, which works, except I use the option "replace any duplicate events" and when I open up the calendar, it leaves duplicates. Is there a way to sync the calendars w/o getting duplicates? I really just need to download the work calendar and place it in my home calendar, not the other way. Suggestions? Thanks! Matt wrote: > I'm trying to sync my work calendar, which is on an exchange server, ...

My Exchange server was being used as a relay!
Hello, Several weeks ago I posted to the group that Comcast was blocking our domain. I would fill out their form and an hour later they would unblock us but only to block us again in about a week or two. Their automated reply indicates that mail from our domain "has the pattern of spam." Well, I decided to do some checking. I went into my SMTP Virtural Server and found out that relaying was on! How could this happen? Was I hacked? There was actually an IP address of a workstation that was granted access to relay (192.168.1.90) Also, the option "Allow all com...

IMAP replication
Hi all, First post to this newsgroup. I am wondering if it is possible to have Exchange sync itself with an IMAP server. We have an in house Exchange server that is used to manage Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks, however mail is handled by an external IMAP server. The ideal solution would be to have the two kept in sync, so any changes made on the Exchange server would reflect on the IMAP server and vice versa for each user. Is this just a pipe dream? Thanks, Hamlesh Motah. : We have an in house Exchange server that is used to manage : Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks, however mai...

Exchange issue on MS Cluster
Hi, Sorry for the long post, trying to make sure I have everything Background: Windows 2003 Cluster Exchange 2003 Cluster, singlee virtual server in Active/Passive config (3 node cluster) Additional SRS server Exchange 5.5 server Single site, single Org When the Exchange cluster was installed (new resource created), the Data path was configured as M:\Exchsrvr (located on shared SAN as physical disk) The server is currently not live (only has test users, public folder replicas, not primary RUS) It has been decided that they wish to remove Exchange from the M: drive and change the dri...

Replicate Phone Message Form from Lotus Notes
Can you give me any suggestions for creating a phone message template. I have created forms in Word where you use a table and can type in information or use check boxes and can tab to the various fields. In this message form I would like to have multiple check boxes with different words after it like Telephoned, Please Call, Etc. and also a space for the Contact Name, and Phone Number. Lotus Notes has a form exactly like this. Any ideas on how to create this in Outlook. I tried copying it from Word but couldn't get it to work. Thanks. ...

public folder replication!!!!!!!!!!!
Is there a while paper out there on the proper way to setup replication of public folders between 2 window2003 exchange servers. Thanks "jon" <jgreen@alro.com> wrote: >Is there a while paper out there on the proper way to >setup replication of public folders between 2 window2003 >exchange servers. "proper" depends on what you want to do. Are you wanting to have a replica of every folder on both servers? If so, use the pfmigrate.wsf program on the E2K3 CD. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_f...

Outlook/Exchange 2003 attachment problem
We have a client who forwarded a PDF attachment from Novell Netware to us. When we get it the file is a ..MSG attachment. Clicking on it brings up a new message window with nothing in it. Saving the attachment to the desktop and opening it does the same thing.Forwarding this message results in the attachment disappearing. I can't figure what/why this is happening. This message is sent to other people outside of our organization and apparently they aren't having any problems. Any ideas? TIA In news:Xns984B975E2D40Fbobarcabca@207.46.248.16, Fuzzy Logic <bob@arc.ab.caREMOVETHIS>...

Incoming/Outgoing server names?
I have just brought a new PC and am trying to set up Outlook Express. I have an ISP provider and an email address, but do not want to use their homepage to access my email. I appears I need an Incoming server name (POP3) and Outgoing server name (SMTP)?? I have no idea what these should be and can't find any reference to them in the manual that came with the PC. Has anyone else come across this before and knows of a solution? Thanks! And your ISP is? you really need to check the website, do a search for POP3 and SMTP details. For example Bellsouth.net is: (POP) mail.bellsouth...

Replicating Mailboxes
How do I replicate specific mailboxes between two Exchange servers in the same AD Tree. The servers are in two different Physical locations linked by VPN (2MB) I have Exchange 2000 Enterprise on Bothe servers. Nash On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 04:41:02 -0700, El Tel <ElTel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I replicate specific mailboxes between two Exchange servers in the >same AD Tree. The servers are in two different Physical locations linked by >VPN (2MB) > >I have Exchange 2000 Enterprise on Bothe servers. > >Nash You cannot replicate mailboxes. You can r...

Project Server Spooler error 0x80004005 when publishing project
A few times a week, the project manager has error 0x80004005 in his Project Server Spooler when publishing the project. When he retries some minutes later, there is no problem. On the server, I see the IIS Worker Process encountered a problem. I can send the error report to Microsoft. The error signature says: "Reporting queued error: faulting application w3wp.exe, version 6.0.3790.3959, faulting module PJMSGHLR.DLL, version 11.0.2003.828, fault address 0x00003512." The documentation on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328249 tells that there are insufficient rights,...