Replicating E2K3 Servers over WAN

I have an office in state A connected via WAN to my state B office.
They are currently running in a different AD forest but have built a
new W2K3 domain controller to take them. I would also like E2K3 running

in the state A office so the users would not be coming over the WAN
link to send and receive mail. Would this be possible if I install E2K3

on the new domain controller and called it a second Exchange server in
the first domain? By doing this will all mailboxes and public folders
automatically replicate or can I designate what mailboxes and public
folders I want replicated?

If your installing a new E2k3 server in the existing Forest (Site A) but
located
at site B, nothing other than system folders would be replicated by default.
Any
public folders that you want replicated between the new sites would require
adding
them as a replica.  Mailboxes are never replicated in Exchange.  Depending
on
your available WAN bandwith, you may want to setup a local GC so those
requests do not go over the WAN.  You would also benefit from having a local
RUS in that location.

Hope that helps.

Todd

<greggsoden@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have an office in state A connected via WAN to my state B office.
> They are currently running in a different AD forest but have built a
> new W2K3 domain controller to take them. I would also like E2K3 running
>
> in the state A office so the users would not be coming over the WAN
> link to send and receive mail. Would this be possible if I install E2K3
>
> on the new domain controller and called it a second Exchange server in
> the first domain? By doing this will all mailboxes and public folders
> automatically replicate or can I designate what mailboxes and public
> folders I want replicated?

0
tbooher (148)

Forwarding email to a fax server
I have an NT 4.0 server with exchange 5.5. I have GFI faxmaker on a seperate win2k server. When i try to send a fax from outlook, it is supposed to be forewarded to the faxmaker box. The message never makes it out of the exchange box and sits in the queue as a "host unreachable". I setup the exchange box exactly as GFI suggests but nothing seems to be working. Should i be looking somewhere else other than exchange (ie. DNS, WINS)?? are you forwarding the emails for the fax server to the IP address of the fax server? how do you address your faxes? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] &qu...

cannot find server 01-28-10
I just added a new user. When thet sign-on and try to access internet explorer the get the error "cannot find server" "this page cannot be displayed." Does anyone have any idea why this is happening only to the new user? "ex_usmc_doc" <ex_usmc_doc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1182F7A6-60F2-4318-8B99-C9FE0F37F567@microsoft.com... >I just added a new user. When thet sign-on and try to access internet > explorer the get the error "cannot find server" "this page cannot be > displayed." Does anyone h...

Replication
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3B410.C2879E10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I was told that Exchange 2003 has store replication a feature "out = of the box" that I would like to confirm. The company I work for is looking for a DR / BC plan. We are = evaluating software that will allow us to REAL TIME replicate the data = on one exchange server, to a standby server so that in the event of a = disaster, all we have to do is activate the standby server and we wil...

EventID 9027, new behaviour with E2K3 SP2 (?)
Previously... It was possible to create an SMTP message independent from Exchange using, as a 'from' address, an address of an Exchange distribution list. When people replied, the reply went back to the list; when there was an NDR (because you sent to a non-existant address), that NDR was sent back to the list. Now... The NDR is lost. If you do a message tracking, you see it arrive and get passed to the categorizer and that's the last you see of it. If you turn up the diagnstic logging for the categorizer you get EventID: 9027 Mail could not be delivered to 'smtp:Tes...

Server Crash MDBDATA Folder saved
hi my dc/exchange server crashed, but i've saved the mdbdata folder... i've set up a new dc with a fresh domain and new exchange 2003 sp1 as before, but how can i migrate the mailboxes out of the old mdbdata folder into the new db? any help greatly appreciated thx andi You need the recovery storage group. But why SP1? SP2 has been out 6 months and is a killer upgrade. "andi" <andi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98AACEE4-3951-42D7-A76C-94F822D34054@microsoft.com... > hi > > my dc/exchange server crashed, but i've saved the mdbdata ...

POP and IMAP not starting after restoring saved Virtual Server
I have Exchange running as a test on a virtual server. Virtual Server R2 standard, Windows 2003 server and exchange 2003 server, both at current service pack levels and current hotfixes. I stop the virtual server services on the host machine nightly to do a backup to see how it will all function, and i have no problems with anything at all except that when the file copy for the backup is done, and the virtual server service restores the exchange machine to a running state, IMAP and POP, though showing running in the services applet, show as stopped in ESM. If I right click either in ESM and s...

How to change DC for Exchange server
I have 2 domain controllers in my environment. How can I change the domain controller in the Exchange 2000 System Manger settings? Any recommended readings? Best to let Exchange pick this by itself - it does a fairly good job of doing this. What is your reason for wanting to change the DC that Exchange uses? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Kim_Chi" <Kim_Chi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90CEC031-B2B1-4C1F-9237-68DE77AE5615@microsoft.com... >I have 2 domain controllers in my environment. How can I change the domain > controller in the Exchange 2...

Replication
We started replication on the hq database and are getting errors when we run the 401's on the customer and shipto tables. It seems to be picking up the replication column. Invalid column name 'msrepl_trn_version' anyone been succesfull with replication. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks hi Markd, Don't mind but if you have done this in live enviornment then it is worng, first of all no where it is written that it support the replication technology, I know i have put the replication script on the newsgroup for the store operation only becuase I have been us...

Recovering Messages removed from server using POP3
I had a user set up a POP3 account on Outlook connecting to our Exchange 2000 server. When they connected, Outlook removed all the messages from the server. How do we synchronize the emails that were removed with the server? On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:41:09 -0800, Bill R <Bill R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I had a user set up a POP3 account on Outlook connecting to our Exchange 2000 >server. When they connected, Outlook removed all the messages from the >server. How do we synchronize the emails that were removed with the server? They were probably hard-deleted and are...

email servers failed test
I submitted my domain to a popular test site and got the below failures. I googled and tried setting up Open DNS servers, but no joy. How do I go about resolving the below issues? thanks FAILED: TCP allowed Checks that all nameservers respond to queries over TCP. No nameservers respond to queries via TCP. If no nameservers respond to TCP connections, this means that standard zone transfers (usually for slave DNS server replication) and most DNSSEC functions will not work. This can cause difficult to diagnose issues with those protocols. The nameservers that failed TCP querie...

Domain -> DYNDns -> E2K3
Hi, I am testing to host my own mail server using Exchange server 2003, I have: * Registered a domain name (e.g. abc.net) which allow to perform mail forwarding. * Register DDNS service (e.g. abc.homeip.net) with DynDns.org * Connect to the Internet through ADSL with dynamic IP address. I am planning to configure all email send to user.a@abc.net or whatever user at abc.net to dummy.user@abc.homeip.net. And obviously, abc.homeip.net will point to my updated IP address. Do you think this will work? If it will work, can I know when email reach my E2K3 box, will the E2K3 know which mailbox...

Public Folder Replication error #4
We have windows 2000 domain, exchange 20003 running on windows 2003 member server, we have to windows 2000 sites, all AD replication is OK, but only public folder replication did not happen, between two servers, I am getting following NT event application event error EVENT ID 3093 Error -1603 reading property 0x36010003 on object type tbtFolder from database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store Also I have following event 3085 Error 0x8004010f occurred while generating an outgoing replication message. Type: 0x4 Folder: (7-3ABC) Database "First Storage Group\Pub...

Help please
After a failed update to SQL 2008 SP1 + CU8, I restored master, and then tried to do a repair on the install to make sure I was back to SP1 only. I now get the following error: SQL Server 2008 - Developer Edition x64 Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 There was an error executing the Replication upgrade scripts TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Setup ------------------------------ The following error has occurred: There was an error executing the Replication upgrade scripts. See the SQL Server error log for details. For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=204...

Front End server in DMZ
Hi We are considering putting up a Front End server in DMZ. A few quick questions.... 1) Can we use Exchange 2003 standard on the FE? (We have E2003 Enterpise on BE) 2) Should the FE be installed as a member server in our domain? 3) Can outlook 2003 clients connect to the FE or just they who use OWA? 4) if yes on question 3, then which ports should be open besides port 80? 5) Which ports should be opened from the FE to the inside BE? Thanks for your time Tomppa On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:12:53 +0300, "Tommy Forsman" <tofors99@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi > >We are con...

SMTP Server Blocked, Incoming External Email Not Arriving
Hello Newsgroup, We've had this problem happen twice in two weeks: No incoming external email is being delivered. Senders do not receive NDRs. In Current Sessions of our Default SMTP Virtual Server, there are 500 items (which happens to be the default limit). The sessions all go to the same domain name, which I'll call "domain", and I'll call their IP "xx.xx.xx.xx" They are listed as such: User From Connected Time mail1014.mail.domain.com xx.xx.xx.14 267281 seconds ...

My Exchange server was being used as a relay!
Hello, Several weeks ago I posted to the group that Comcast was blocking our domain. I would fill out their form and an hour later they would unblock us but only to block us again in about a week or two. Their automated reply indicates that mail from our domain "has the pattern of spam." Well, I decided to do some checking. I went into my SMTP Virtural Server and found out that relaying was on! How could this happen? Was I hacked? There was actually an IP address of a workstation that was granted access to relay (192.168.1.90) Also, the option "Allow all com...

Exchange CALs less that Server 2003 licenses
I had a prospective customer with Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition with licensing for 25 users. He wants me to install Exchange Server 2003 Standard, but he only wants 15 CALs. He does not think he needs more than 15 mailboxes. Will there be any negative consequences with this combination? Can Exchange CALs be added as required? TIA Yes, this shouldn't be a problem, though I fail to understand the reasoning if the user/customer has already purchased 25 CALs. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------------...

IMAP replication
Hi all, First post to this newsgroup. I am wondering if it is possible to have Exchange sync itself with an IMAP server. We have an in house Exchange server that is used to manage Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks, however mail is handled by an external IMAP server. The ideal solution would be to have the two kept in sync, so any changes made on the Exchange server would reflect on the IMAP server and vice versa for each user. Is this just a pipe dream? Thanks, Hamlesh Motah. : We have an in house Exchange server that is used to manage : Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks, however mai...

public folder replication!!!!!!!!!!!
Is there a while paper out there on the proper way to setup replication of public folders between 2 window2003 exchange servers. Thanks "jon" <jgreen@alro.com> wrote: >Is there a while paper out there on the proper way to >setup replication of public folders between 2 window2003 >exchange servers. "proper" depends on what you want to do. Are you wanting to have a replica of every folder on both servers? If so, use the pfmigrate.wsf program on the E2K3 CD. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_f...

Replicate Phone Message Form from Lotus Notes
Can you give me any suggestions for creating a phone message template. I have created forms in Word where you use a table and can type in information or use check boxes and can tab to the various fields. In this message form I would like to have multiple check boxes with different words after it like Telephoned, Please Call, Etc. and also a space for the Contact Name, and Phone Number. Lotus Notes has a form exactly like this. Any ideas on how to create this in Outlook. I tried copying it from Word but couldn't get it to work. Thanks. ...

CRM 3.0 and SharePoint on the same server ?
Is it possible to install Dynamics CRM 3.0 and SharePoint Portal Server 2003 on the same server (a Windows Server 2003 one, not SBS)? I read that both need to access the default web site through http://<servername>, so I suspect a conflict. There are other posts with the same question, but they concern CRM 1.2, not CRM 3.0. Thanks. Guillaume TAMISIER Yes, it can be done. Setup the Microsoft CRM 3.0 server to run on a different port i.e. 5555 There is an option during the install and you can select to create a new website for the Microsoft CRM 3.0 server. Frank Lee Workopia...

Incoming/Outgoing server names?
I have just brought a new PC and am trying to set up Outlook Express. I have an ISP provider and an email address, but do not want to use their homepage to access my email. I appears I need an Incoming server name (POP3) and Outgoing server name (SMTP)?? I have no idea what these should be and can't find any reference to them in the manual that came with the PC. Has anyone else come across this before and knows of a solution? Thanks! And your ISP is? you really need to check the website, do a search for POP3 and SMTP details. For example Bellsouth.net is: (POP) mail.bellsouth...

Replicating Mailboxes
How do I replicate specific mailboxes between two Exchange servers in the same AD Tree. The servers are in two different Physical locations linked by VPN (2MB) I have Exchange 2000 Enterprise on Bothe servers. Nash On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 04:41:02 -0700, El Tel <ElTel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I replicate specific mailboxes between two Exchange servers in the >same AD Tree. The servers are in two different Physical locations linked by >VPN (2MB) > >I have Exchange 2000 Enterprise on Bothe servers. > >Nash You cannot replicate mailboxes. You can r...

Jet4 and Merge Replication on 2005
I have experienced problems when using Jet4 linked tables and Merge Replication on SQL Server 2005. I have not been able to find a resolution to this except to use SQL Server 2000, and this was two years ago. The basic problem is when I insert a new record into an MS-ACCESS table, all the fields (which should be blank on a new record) appear to contain data from a previous record in that table. Refreshing the dataset 'fixes' this so that you see the blank record you added. The more subscriptions I have, the more salient the problem (occurs more often). Microsoft Support conc...

Coniguring an additional domain on exchange server
I want to configure a second domain to my existing exchange server so that people can send and recieve e-mail from both the domains. Note: I have already pointed the mx record to the second Domains Ip address Version of Exchange? Fabio Barriga wrote: > I want to configure a second domain to my existing > exchange server so that people can send and recieve e-mail > from both the domains. > > Note: I have already pointed the mx record to the second > Domains Ip address What version of exchange? >-----Original Message----- >What version of exchange? >. &g...