Replicate mail boxes?

is it possable to replicate mail boxes?  I would like to do this while we
migrate fully over to our new server?

0
jsawyer (28)

What are you trying to accomplish?

replicate Stores? At byte and block levels using 3rd party products like
NSI, or from storage vendors like NetApp (SnapMirror) and EMC. Exchange 12
is reported to have log shipping.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> is it possable to replicate mail boxes?  I would like to do this while we
> migrate fully over to our new server?

0
bharatsuneja1 (3145)
11/17/2005 7:22:44 PM
You cannot replicate mailboxes but you can give Full Access to addtional
mailboxes for a user.

--
John Oliver, Jr.
MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP

"Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> is it possable to replicate mail boxes?  I would like to do this while we
> migrate fully over to our new server?

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
11/17/2005 7:25:22 PM
here is the situation:
 just installed a new exchange server on my network and it seems to work
great for reciving and sending external mail but the users on the old server
can not send mail to users on the new server. They are both in the same
domain. I have check the relay restrinctions and nothing pops out at me.
users get an error that says:

Relaying denied. Proper authentication required
From another post susan told me to check the routing groups but I can not
find them in ESM.

TIA

"John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" <jcoliverjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> You cannot replicate mailboxes but you can give Full Access to addtional
> mailboxes for a user.
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr.
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>
> "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> is it possable to replicate mail boxes?  I would like to do this while we
>> migrate fully over to our new server?

0
jsawyer (28)

Replication
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3B410.C2879E10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I was told that Exchange 2003 has store replication a feature "out = of the box" that I would like to confirm. The company I work for is looking for a DR / BC plan. We are = evaluating software that will allow us to REAL TIME replicate the data = on one exchange server, to a standby server so that in the event of a = disaster, all we have to do is activate the standby server and we wil...

Mail Setting
Is there a (reg) setting to prevent delivery receipts in exc 5.5 ty Mike Mike, Start exchange admin ---> connections --> internet mail service --->internet mail -->advanced options.. here you should be able to disable auto replies to the internet (ie delivery receipts) Ali "Mike" <spam_x@yanonymous.com> wrote in message news:#cV49PNQEHA.3348@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is there a (reg) setting to prevent delivery receipts in exc 5.5 > > ty > > Mike > > ...

Transferring mail #2
Just got Outlook 2007...have been using Windows Live Mail. Is there a (relatively) easy way to transfer my files from Live Mail to Outlook? Tracy H. wrote: > Just got Outlook 2007...have been using Windows Live Mail. Is there a > (relatively) easy way to transfer my files from Live Mail to Outlook? Outlook can import from Outlook Express (the same as Live mail) -- Dean Earley (dean.earley@icode.co.uk) i-Catcher Development Team iCode Systems "Dean Earley" <dean.earley@icode.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23uPgqsaPIHA.484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Tracy H. wrote...

Replication
We started replication on the hq database and are getting errors when we run the 401's on the customer and shipto tables. It seems to be picking up the replication column. Invalid column name 'msrepl_trn_version' anyone been succesfull with replication. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks hi Markd, Don't mind but if you have done this in live enviornment then it is worng, first of all no where it is written that it support the replication technology, I know i have put the replication script on the newsgroup for the store operation only becuase I have been us...

Public Folder Replication error #4
We have windows 2000 domain, exchange 20003 running on windows 2003 member server, we have to windows 2000 sites, all AD replication is OK, but only public folder replication did not happen, between two servers, I am getting following NT event application event error EVENT ID 3093 Error -1603 reading property 0x36010003 on object type tbtFolder from database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store Also I have following event 3085 Error 0x8004010f occurred while generating an outgoing replication message. Type: 0x4 Folder: (7-3ABC) Database "First Storage Group\Pub...

How to create an email in a client's default mail client
Hi I need to create and send an email using MAPI that works when the client is using outlook express, or a variety of versions of outlook. I think this code will work with a variety of outlook versions, but it doesn't work with outlook express What do I need to do differently to work with Outlook Express and Outlook? -------------- Code Snippet Set oApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set oOutbox = oApp.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(4) '4 = olFolderOutbox enum value Set oEmail = oApp.CreateItem(0) '0 - olMailItem enum va...

Can I send Direct Mail with an Attachment?
We have CRM 1.2 Customer Service Professonal We want to send out monthly reports attached to emails. We were told that this was possible in MS CRM but Direct Mail doesn't give you an option to attach a document. I created a list of customers who are to recieve the report but when I use the list to display the 900+ recipients and create an activity I can only select the 50 I see on the screen and not the full 900. Even changing the number of items listed only gives me 100. Has anyone solved this problem? We replaced an aging ACT installation but now my users are screaming for me to give i...

exporting mail accounts
Hi, is there anyway to export MS Outlook email accounts!! i have plenty of mail accounts and everytime i should reinstall my windows it is really painful for me to setup these accounts again. regards, eqbal "eqbal" <eqbal.vakilzadeh@kavoshkimia.com> wrote in message news:OElDHsjpFHA.1148@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > is there anyway to export MS Outlook email accounts!! > > i have plenty of mail accounts and everytime i should reinstall my windows > it is really painful for me to setup these accounts again. > > regards, > eqbal > Pe...

Live Mail won't start after system crash
Windows 7 - I was in the middle of removing messages in the Deleted Folder when I experienced a system crash. I have not been able to start Live Mail since. I have done everything in the following list but no change. -Rebooted -Uninstall/Repair option for Live Mail -Uninstalled all elements of Live Essentials -Installed Live Essentials Live Mail will still not start. The program title bar appears with a partial window and the working circle runs until the system reports that there is a problem to submit for a solution. No solution is provided, no error message number is avai...

No archived mail after autoarchiving
I checked all the settings on the folders and in the tools- option-other-autoarchiving section. It creates an archive tab and tehn has the folder. however each folder is blank. i know I should have mail that meets the criteria of my settings. Is there something else I should be doing? Thanks Keep in mind that AutoArchive works off the modified date of the message, not the sent/received date. If you've moved the messages to/from other folders, for example, the modified date is likely to be much more recent than the received date. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP ht...

Unread Mail folder showing up in Contacts and Calendar
My Unread Mail search folder is showing up in my Calendar and Contacts folder (but not Notes or Tasks). If I right click on it, it shows "Add to Favorites Folder" but I do not have "Remove from My Calendars" or "Remove from My Contacts". I tried changing the folder's properties, but no luck. This only recently started showing up in these folders. Any ideas either why it is there or how to get rid of it from there (while leaving it in the Mail folder)? Thanks Mike ...

Help please
After a failed update to SQL 2008 SP1 + CU8, I restored master, and then tried to do a repair on the install to make sure I was back to SP1 only. I now get the following error: SQL Server 2008 - Developer Edition x64 Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 There was an error executing the Replication upgrade scripts TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Setup ------------------------------ The following error has occurred: There was an error executing the Replication upgrade scripts. See the SQL Server error log for details. For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=204...

Auto Population Of Names When Composing E-Mail
All - I have a wierd question...I have a user that is using Outlook 2003 and she sends a fair amount of email. I know that once you send a message to someone, Outlook "remembers" it so that if you send another message to them, all you have to do is start typing their name in the To box and it will show the name and email address. Her problem is that about once a month, she loses all of the names Outlook has "remembered". Anyone know why this would be happening and how to keep it from losing the remembered addresses? Thanks. Jeff If you head on over to the Sl...

mailing labels to access table
I've been given a word document with about 400 names and addresses. These are in a avery mailing label format. Can anyone suggest a good method for importing them into an Access table. I realize there will be some percentage of error, because some have two addr lines, apt #, ..., but i'm sure there has to be a good way to at least get started. thanks -- thanks (as always) some day i''m gona pay this forum back for all the help i''m getting kes If you "regularize" your data in Word, your import into Access will go much more smoothly. So if you add in...

IMAP replication
Hi all, First post to this newsgroup. I am wondering if it is possible to have Exchange sync itself with an IMAP server. We have an in house Exchange server that is used to manage Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks, however mail is handled by an external IMAP server. The ideal solution would be to have the two kept in sync, so any changes made on the Exchange server would reflect on the IMAP server and vice versa for each user. Is this just a pipe dream? Thanks, Hamlesh Motah. : We have an in house Exchange server that is used to manage : Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks, however mai...

Controlling A Window 7 Box From XP
Hi, Is it possible to control a Windows 7 box (a media server) from an XP box? The XP laptop acts as the keyboard and monitor for the Windows 7 box over a wireless LAN. It would be helpful if the Windows 7 box boots in the needed state. Thanks, Gary If no answer here try the Win7 forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro "Abby Brown" <abbybrown@charter.net> wrote in message news:eCZWYmqTLHA.784@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is it possible to control a Windows 7 box (a media server) from an XP box? >...

Newbie with combo box
Hello, I am trying to use a combo box for the first time this is what I am trying to do. I have 3 column.... Business, telephone number, and state. Now I have assign the cell name of the group as data_type. now on another part of the sheet I have selected a cell call data_report. Now the business name will populate in the combo box field however when I select the name only a number appear in the data_report cell how do I get it to show the business name, telephone number, state in the three cell as oppose to a number? Thank You JuniorFlip ...

How do I open the Junk Mail folder in Outlook 2000?
Hi! I can't find a Junk Mail folder to open? All info talks about setting up filters. I am missing messages and would like to see if they have landed in Junk(SPAM) Mail. Please advise and thanks! Dianne C. Dianne C. wrote: > I can't find a Junk Mail folder to open? All info talks about setting up > filters. I am missing messages and would like to see if they have > landed in Junk(SPAM) Mail. There is no Junk folder created by Outlook 2000. That version has no inbuilt spam filter. You'll have to create one if you want to use it, and then spec...

Text box question
Hi I am copying data from a textbox to a spreadsheet how do I convert all characters in the textbox to CAPS please. Thanks in advance Greg I forgot to add the code I am using so far R = 17 'or whatever desired row variable Sheets(2).Cells(R, 6).Value = TextBox1.Text seasonname4.Hide Thanks in advance Greg Sheets(2).Cells(R, 6).Value = UCase(TextBox1.Text) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Greg B..." <gregslaptop@ihug.com.au> wrote in message news:cvsls5$bi3$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > I forgot to add the code I am using...

Mail window size
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CA9830.DC60BD20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How can I make windows live mail open in a window instead of maximized = which fills my whole screen? Thanks in advanced... Jonathon ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CA9830.DC60BD20 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <ME...

Issue: I cannot import mail folders from Thunderbird?
What am I doing wrong? I have read all through the help files, but it's a bit vague or I am simply missing it. "Hallofwebs" <Hallofwebs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C3203B9-085C-4774-8483-320D4B7C2531@microsoft.com... > What am I doing wrong? I have read all through the help files, but it's a > bit > vague or I am simply missing it. You can, but it's not a straight-forward process. have a look here: Transferring Email from Netscape 7.1 to Outlook/Outlook Express http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/ns7mailtoOEorO.html Although it sa...

Today's date in e-mail template
Is it possible to have a filed which returns today's date in an e-mail template? ...

Mails sent to External domains do not show new email address
Hello guys, please I need help desperately. I upgraded a Windows 2000 domain running Exchange 2000 to Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. Everything went well (some problems were encountered which we solved) but after the upgrade we created new email addresses for all staff using a recipient policy in Exchange 2003, but when staff send mails to the internet we noticed the From:email addresses remain unchanged and the old email address is displayed. Also I will like to say that a domain suffix was created also for all users in AD so that they can logon to all machines using user@new suffix.c...

E-mail #34
Hello everybody, Is there any way I can have Office Outlook notify me when I get an E-Mail much like the way Hotmail Messeanger does? I don't like leaving it open and I hate having to launch it everytime I check my E-Mail. Thanks. "AAdam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2338101c45e71$3ed68ca0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello everybody, > > Is there any way I can have Office Outlook notify me when > I get an E-Mail much like the way Hotmail Messeanger > does? I don't like leaving it open and I hate having to > launch it every...

public folder replication!!!!!!!!!!!
Is there a while paper out there on the proper way to setup replication of public folders between 2 window2003 exchange servers. Thanks "jon" <jgreen@alro.com> wrote: >Is there a while paper out there on the proper way to >setup replication of public folders between 2 window2003 >exchange servers. "proper" depends on what you want to do. Are you wanting to have a replica of every folder on both servers? If so, use the pfmigrate.wsf program on the E2K3 CD. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_f...