replicas of the Offline address book

Hello,

I Run the Exchange Best Practicies Analyzer and one of the recommendations
is to create replicas of the Offline address book in my organization
Exchange2003. What is your opinion on this subject ?

Regards,
Fatias

0
Fatias

Why wouldn't you?
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Fatias" <fatias@fatias.org> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I Run the Exchange Best Practicies Analyzer and one of the recommendations
> is to create replicas of the Offline address book in my organization
> Exchange2003. What is your opinion on this subject ?
>
> Regards,
> Fatias

0
Ed
11/14/2009 7:07:45 AM
On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 12:57:45 -0000, "Fatias" <fatias@fatias.org>
wrote:

>I Run the Exchange Best Practicies Analyzer and one of the recommendations
>is to create replicas of the Offline address book in my organization
>Exchange2003. What is your opinion on this subject ?

Do you have more than one PF store? If so, why not introduce some
redundancy -- if you have a sustantial number of users the OAB
downloads will divided among the PF stores and that's not a bad thing.
If those servers are on a WAN and the users are "close to" the PF
server then the downloads will probably happen over their LAN, too.

So, the question really is why wouldn't you replicate the OAB?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich

mailto address does not appear on "TO" line in outlook
when a client clicks on a mailto link on a web page, three dots (...) appear in the TO line of the outlook e-mail message instead of the address from the link. are there any suggestion on settings I should check? ...

Problem moving Replicas from FE to BE server in Exchange 2003
Hi Yesterday we tried to move the public folders from our FE to our BE server. The reason for this is a problem we currently have...and MS told us to remove the public folders from our FE server...alltough they were never used / accessed (Size is 0). We I tried to delete the public folders System Manager tells me that I first have to move the replicas as they are still active. So I tried to move the replicas to our BE server by selecting "Move All Replicas" from the public folders context menu. After tha I received a message that the following action might take several mins/hours a...

Error Sending from Public Folder to Email Address
We have two internal mail servers: Exchange 2003 and IPSwitch IMAIL. We have a rule associated with an Exchange 2003 public folder that automatically forwards certain public folder emails to an email account on the IPSwitch IMAIL server. Every time this rule fires, it generates an error, which I will include below. NOTE: There are no other problems with sending mail between Exchange 2003 and the IPSwitch IMAIL server. Users routinely send thousands of emails a day between these two servers. The only time we get an error is when the public folder sends the message to an account ...

global address missing when sending word document as email attachment
Hi All, Im having trouble with my email, Im just wondering if you guys could help me... I use Outlook 2000 as my email browser. It started recently when you create a ms word document and go to: File - send to mail receipient or mail receipient as an attachement outlook does open ok except when I select the TO button I do not get my global address book (company address book), I get nothing. Any help I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance... .. What do you show when you press the TO: button? Does the GAL appear in the dropdown list at all? What does show there? --� Milly ...

multiple email addresses #5
Is there away of only logging on to outlook to check just one of my email accounts for mail and have my accounts seperate, in outlook express you can log on to a different account but not sure how to do it in outlook, i am using outlook xp Howard <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there away of only logging on to outlook to check just one of my > email accounts for mail and have my accounts seperate, in outlook > express you can log on to a different account but not sure how to do > it in outlook, i am using outlook xp Two ways I can think of. The easiest, ...

How many hours per resource booked per week
Dear Excel-lent users, I want to know how many hours a resource is booked per week, knowing they have multiple tasks per week. I have two sheets in which I want to process the hours per task per week per resource (Sheet 1) and in Sheet 2 I want to know what the total hours per week are one resource has been booked for. For Sheet 1: -I have the names of the resources in column H (names can occur multiple times). -in Q3:AR323 I have the hours the are working on per task per week. For Sheet 2: In Row 2 (B2:AC2) I have the numbers of the week starting from 1 till 28 In Colum...

Outlook 2007 Changes the Recipient's e-mail Address After Pressing Send
This is most bizarre. I send e-mail via a stand-alone Outlook app on my computer to a person who has two e-mail addresses. By an agreement that I have with this recipient, one of thsoe addresses is intended to be read by her using a stand-alone (not server) Outlook application on her computer, and the other e-mail address is intended to be read by her using a different (non-Outlook) stand-alone e-mail application on her computer. (Don't ask why we do that, it doesn't matter for this discussion.) If I address an e-mail to this person and allow Outlook to autocomplete t...

Problem with Go Offline 11-11-04
I do not seem to be able to go offline. After I hit the button, the dialog box comes up and I just click OK. Then the Downloading status dialog box comes up with Initializing.... and then eventually (about 10-20 seconds) goes to SQL Server does not exist or access denied. I have no problems with CRM SFO 1.2 online. Any Ideas? I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times (Including cleaning the registry). Client: WinXP pro SP2, Outlook 2003 SP1, CRM 1.2 (all patches installed) Server: Win2k03, SQL Server 2000 SP3a, CRM 1.2 (all patches installed) Try this from a command p...

Move all replicas..urgent please help
Hi, When I click Move All Replicas, the replication is still not happening. I have kept it for 24 hours and am unable to delete the public folder. Any workaround to this? Your expertise needed please. pls guide. thanks in advance, Hi, See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;842273 Leif "Jack Dorson" <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4E9EED1-6A0D-417D-B70F-38D7E477071A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > When I click Move All Replicas, the replication is still not happening. I > have kept it for 24 ho...

custom address list / owa 2003
Hi, I have an exchange 2003 public folder with contacts. Is it possible that these contacts show up in an address list in OWA 2003 ? How could I do this? Thanks, Dani ...

Alternative From: addresses....
I really want to use Outlook....really! I have Outlook 2003 and a Dell Axim handheld and am able to work well with syncronised tasks and calendars but email is giving me a nightmare. For security and ease of filtering, etc, I have my own domain and register with forums and internet sites with seperate @bryans-place.com addresses (ie, amazon@, tesco@ etc). I currently use The Bat! for email and when I send an email I can simply place my cursor in the the From: field and overtype the From: address. I can't do this with Outlook it seems, unless I create a new account for each alias I use.....

Users log on to root public folder and not to local replica :
I have exchange organization in domain A there is exchange server 2000 in First administrative group. In domain B, I have exchange server in its own administrative group. There is common public folder that is replicated in both. If I look at the replicate state of the folder, usually is in sync, or bout modified. Problem is the following : User that is in domain B, part of domain B .His home folder is in exchange server in B domain, we can say that it has nothing to do with domain A. But when i look at security log of domain A, I can see user logging on to server in that domain well ...

outlook 2003 address book
I want to transfer the address book from Outlook 2002 (computer A) to Outlook 2003 (computer B). Any suggestions? Thanks. Copy the .pst file from computer A to B and use the File->Open in Outlook to access your data. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Ed <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I want to transfer the address book from Outlook 2002 | (computer A) to Outlook 2...

Ex2003 Offline Defrags
Simple question: can you defrag multiple stores simultaneously using mutiple instances of ESEUTIL on the same server? Will it hurt anything? Thanks. On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:03:04 -0700, "Adam Fazio" <AdamFazio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Simple question: can you defrag multiple stores simultaneously using mutiple >instances of ESEUTIL on the same server? Will it hurt anything? > >Thanks. You're best not to since attempting to do two stores at the same time would increase the overall time. Do one at a time. The last thing you need are two stores going...

Account name not synchronising offline in SFO
I wonder if anyone can help. We have installed MS CRM 1.2 and Sales for Outlook. The offline synchonisation seems to work correctly except that the account name is not mapping to the company name in the outlook contacts when going offline. This field is left blank. It does seem to create a new "user-defined field" in the Outlook contact called Parent Account. Is there any way to automatically synchonise this with the normal company field? Thanks David Try synchronize data from all business units under Offline Configuration. Also, ensure that the user's security role has a...

Address book lost after upgrade from 2000 to 2003 ...
Hi, A friend using Office 2000 Pro upgraded to Office 2003 Pro. He just inserted the CD and followed the instructions. Now he cannot find his address book he used in Outlook Express. In outlook Express [New mail] causes error 126. Message: Addressbook support is not correctly installed. Windows Help fails: 'Help and Support' service is not running. Service was set to start automatically but it does not. Manual start failed as well, msg: "Could not be started" After uninstalling Office 2003 pro these problem persist. How can he get his very important Adressbook back ??? H...

Replica
I am new to Access. I have a database from last school year of students. I want to start out this year with a 'new' blank database for this year's students. How do I do it? I want the same functionality in the 'new' blank database as the 'old' one. Thanks.... On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 11:46:06 -0700, SaintPat12 <SaintPat12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am new to Access. I have a database from last school year of students. I >want to start out this year with a 'new' blank database for this year's >students. How do I do it? I want the...

Backing up email addresses
I've searched all day for a way to backup my email addresses. I've found thousands of ways to back my email but not one for the addresses. My Dell computer has had a few problems so Dell is completely replacing the computer and upgrading me to a new one (I've had this one for 2 years) at no charge. I have over 20 email addresses and it would take far too long to enter them one by one considering most use different SMTP, POP3 and security settings. Isn't there a way to back them all up and restore them all at once to my new computer?? If it matters, I'm using Ou...

About Rolex Watches and Replica Rolex Watches
About Rolex Watches and Replica Rolex Watches From Replica Watches Website: http://www.precisionreplicas.com You will be dazzled by our extensive Rolex replica watch collection. Our entire catalogue of Rolex replicas is available online and ready to ship at the touch of a button. You will find rich, detailed photos with full feature details for each and every one of the watches we have in this collection. No matter what Rolex style you like, a Yachtmaster, Submariener, Daytona, GMT Master, Explorer, Oyster, President, DateJust, or DayDate, we have your replica Rolex watch right here....

outlook address book to outlook web address book
So far I have not discovered a way to import my address book in Outlook mail to Outlook Web Mail address book. If there is a way to do this could someone tell me what the magic spell is? Thanks. Randy I believe in OWA it only shows the addresses for the Global Address List off of the Exchange Server For your personal addresses. A solution - would to be import your personal address book to your Contacts in Outlook. You will then be able tos see your address in OWA under contacts If you need to know how to import your personal address book into contact. Email me directly and I will p...

Duplicate emails and addresses
Hello! Using OE 6.0 I get duplicate and sometimes triplicate emails. How can I change that? And how can I prevent my address book from adding addresses to every email I do reply to? Thank you! -- Sheila Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to...

Offline sync.
I just installed the update for RMS, as per directed I installed on my Back Office as well as at 2 Registers. During the install once installed I opened Administrator and did the Database Upgrade. This was done on all 3 machines. Now after a "Z" out I get a message something like "Must upgrade database to syncro..." , when I do the upgrade database it tells me the Database is already updated. I now have the problem that my offline databases will not sync with my online database. What do I do? You have to upgrade your backup databases, probably one for each register...

Contacts when working offline
I use the latest version of WLM on Windows 7. I am finding the following behaviour: If I have WLM set to "sign in" my contacts are always available. If I set WLM to "stop signing in" my contacts don't show. However if I set WLM to "sign in" and then cancel out at the password prompt, my contacts are again available even though I haven't actually signed in. I quite often compose emails when I don't have any internet access. Therefore, it is useful to have my contacts available offline. It just seems messy to sign-in but cancel at the p...

Send Incoming Mail to another email address
I need to know how I can have all my incoming mail automatically be sent to another email account address also. I have office 2000 You can create a Wizard Rule for this; Tools-> Wizard Rules -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "hitchcow" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:369d01c49d34$30d4a900$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I need to know how I can have all my incoming mail > automatically be sent to another em...

Where is Address Contact?
On the "information" tab in an account, there is an address at the bottom of that window. Where is the "address contact" for that address? In the "More Addresses" screen, there is an address contact field, but I don't see that field on the "information tab" address. That doesn't make a lot of sense (especially since this field integrates to GP). Is there a way to add this field to that address section? Brandon Guess you're referring to the address1_primarycontactname field. It is not included by default, but you can add it from the ...