replicas of the Offline address book

Hello,

I Run the Exchange Best Practicies Analyzer and one of the recommendations
is to create replicas of the Offline address book in my organization
Exchange2003. What is your opinion on this subject ?

Regards,
Fatias

0
Fatias

Why wouldn't you?
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Fatias" <fatias@fatias.org> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I Run the Exchange Best Practicies Analyzer and one of the recommendations
> is to create replicas of the Offline address book in my organization
> Exchange2003. What is your opinion on this subject ?
>
> Regards,
> Fatias

0
Ed
11/14/2009 7:07:45 AM
On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 12:57:45 -0000, "Fatias" <fatias@fatias.org>
wrote:

>I Run the Exchange Best Practicies Analyzer and one of the recommendations
>is to create replicas of the Offline address book in my organization
>Exchange2003. What is your opinion on this subject ?

Do you have more than one PF store? If so, why not introduce some
redundancy -- if you have a sustantial number of users the OAB
downloads will divided among the PF stores and that's not a bad thing.
If those servers are on a WAN and the users are "close to" the PF
server then the downloads will probably happen over their LAN, too.

So, the question really is why wouldn't you replicate the OAB?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich

sync my audio book with the title
My audio book does not match up with the chapter I am playing. I want the title to read chapter 7 when I am reading chapter 7, not chapter 26. On Sat, 22 May 2010 06:15:01 -0700, pteescott <pteescott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My audio book does not match up with the chapter I am playing. >I want the title to read chapter 7 when I am reading chapter 7, not chapter >26. There's unfortunately not enough to go on unless we were able to see the actual tracks on screen. How do you mean it plays chapter 26 not chapter 7 ? How are the original files named a...

2003 org connected to 2003 org....but with same email addresses
Hi I am starting a domain migration, but ideally we want to setup users from scratch. Currently we have an exchange 2003 organisation, with front and backend servers, and we want to leave the mail flowing into that org during the staged migration.....we then want to create a new exchange environment on the new domain. The users will have the same email addresses. Will the ADC cope with this? so in essense mail will flow to to the old exchange server, but then if it doesn't find a account with the email address as I would have either deleted it or removed the SMTP address, I then need i...

I can't send to hotmail address from exchange server 2003
Hi guys...i have setup MS Exchange server 2003 with ISA firewall 2004 standard edition. Mails are going out and mails are coming in...only one problem. Mail sent to @hotmail or @msn is not going thru. Very rarely it goes thru. I sent a test mail to my msn account and it returned with the following error: There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <srv-ftz-mail.hotecc.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Unable to relay for abdussalamk@msn.com> Can you guys please help to overcome this problem. Thanks. ...

Address book from Groupwise 6.0 for Outlook 2k3?
Hi, all! Trying to build a connection to our Groupwise 6.x address book for use in Outlook 2k3, but I keep getting a "Confidentiality required" error message (Microsoft LDAP). Anyone done this before? Just doing an import/export isn't really the target here; I need access to our dynamic address book. Any ideas? Thanks! Jack ...

check book register built in to the product (like mine)
my bosses alway wants a check book registar that looks just like his own personal check book. something simple and plain. for his eyes not for internal purposes he just wants to see all at once with disciptions cash inflows and outflows. It would be used at the end of the week what checks went out and what deposts came in and how are we sitting for the week cash positive or negitive? he wants employee names vendor, and what department it came from. He really would like to see a check book for each department. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft respo...

Exch2k Replica Free/Busy to Retire Exch2k
Hello I am in the process of retiring my Exchange2000 server and migrating to Exchange 2003. Everything is pretty smooth so far (except for problem below I have followed the steps in this article (thanks to Rich Matheisen!) http://support.microsoft.com/?id=30791 Everything in the article seemed to go smoothly, except #3 Rehome the Schedule+ Free Busy folder I have completed the steps described, and on the Status Tab, I can see both the old and new servers listed as replicas, but on the 'Replication' Tab it never Shows either server nor the 'In Sync' value as all the other fo...

I can't set "Show in Microsoft CRM client for OutLook when offline" in custom entities
Hi, when I set the option "Show in Microsoft CRM client for OutLook when offline" in custom entities I get a generic error "An error has occurred. For further information, please contact system administrator". Could someone please help me to solve this problem? Thanks. Giacomo ...

Show this address list first?
Ho can we set all Outlook users to show a certain address list first? We don't want the first to show first. On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 14:58:26 -0000, "Gonzo" <no@no.com> wrote: >Ho can we set all Outlook users to show a certain address list first? We >don't want the first to show first. > Not sure if this can be done with a GPO, but in Outlook, open the GAL and under Tools/Options, select the list under the "Show this adddress list first" dialog box. ...

FRx Book Code/Attribute Category
In the Column Headings should be able to use a code that picks up the Book Code so one knows what Budget ID the column refers to. This is because it is hardcoded into the report and someone may have changed in Designer and another user may be unaware that the Budget info displayed relates to a prior year etc. Or another alternative would be to specify the Budget ID at run time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If ...

SMTP Address Not Being Created
Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 A user was created and a mailbox created as well. The SMTP address is not showing up in the users account even after a wait of several hours. When clicking on Exchange Tasks, deleting the mailbox, then recreating it succesffuly, the SMTP address still does not appear. If I create the SMTP address manually, I get the following error in the Event Viewer: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9562 Date: 7/12/2005 Time: 7:30:17 AM User: N/A Computer: MXCA2 Description: Failed to read attribute msExchUserAccountContr...

Upgraded to Outlook 2003 and no longer have offline access to mail
Hi, Hope someone can help me. I've upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003 and have the following problem: Formerly, under Outlook XP, when I shut down, Outlook would synchronize my Exchange Mailbox with a local copy at shutdown so that I could access existing mail, calendars and notes while offline. After the upgrade that no longer happens. I have verified the following: 1. No other changes have been made to my mail account. 2. My Outlook configuration is set up to support synchronization (verified by our local IS support team as well). I have the following additional ...

Settings to stop double booking
Is there a way to adjust the properties in Microsoft Outlook 2000 that will not allow conference rooms to be double booked? Currently, we have several conference rooms that are listed on Outlook. When we want to reserve one, we go to the room and add to it's calendar; however, many times other people do so as well and we spend time trying to accommodate two groups. Is there a way to block the second reservation so that only ONE meeting can be set? IF not, how can you tell who set the meeting first? ...

One addresses shared to many people
I need to setup a single email address like "marketing@abc.com" to be sent to many different people. I have originally setup a public folder and had the emails go into this which they could goto and view. THis was not what they wanted. They want the email to appear in their window. Meaning they did not want to brows to a different location. They wanted the window to pop up when new mailed arrived. If there a way I can route this "marketing@abc.com" account to multiple peoples inboxes or at least have multiple inboxes opened? Is there a better way to set thi...

OE address book to Outlook 7
need help transferring OE address book from desktop to Outlook 7 on laptop. Addresses are in WAP format in folder in Office 7 but can't get into address book. Same applies with Favourites from IE8 on desktop to laptop Office 7. -- cazruss WAP format? You must migrate your data to OE first. Then you can import from OE into Outlook using Outlook's Import Wizard: File > Import and Export> Internet Mail and Addresses. -- Russ Valentine "cazruss" <islestyle@westnet.com.au> wrote in message news:0984E105-EC2A-44D8-BECC-AC13AD1F38DC@microsoft.com... ...

Importing Address Book from OE6 to Outlook 2002
I use OE6 but because I am doing a course which uses Outlook I have just installed Outlook 2002 from Office XP Professional and then downloaded and installed all updates that were found. I wanted to import my Address Book from OE6 I have used the following instructions in Outlook File - Import Export - Import Internet Mail and Address Books - unchecked Mail and then proceeded to import Addresses. When choosing what to import from it only listed OE4 or OE5 no OE6 (I presume this is because OE6 wasn't around when Outlook 2002 was produced) so I chose the only option available to me....

Change IP Address of passive node in CCR
We have a CCR cluster on Windows Server 2008. The cluster is formed over a stretched subnet. Setup is as follows: Node01 - 10.0.31.50 and 10.0.32.50 Node02 - 10.29.1.50 and 10.29.2.50 We need to move Node02 to a new building which involves changing the IP addresses. Anyone got some help or assistance on doing this? Any gotchas to look out for? Appreciate your advice. ...

Global Address List #7
I recently upgraded from exchange 5.5 to 2003 Everything seems to be ok except for when I want to decommission my exchange 5.5 server. I have stopped the exchange services on the 5.5 server to see what would happen. When I do this, a few outlook clients cannot see the Global address list I think that they were looking at the GAL on the old Ex55 server because they could not see some of the new users who were added in AD since the migration. Now when I shut Ex 55 down they do not get any address list. They can send & recieve email and view public folders though Any thoughts and thank...

Program (Virus?) Trying To Access Address Book
I'm suddenly getting this warning I've never seen before: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I'm not too sure what could be causing this. The only programs I've recently installed which I can relate to Outlook at all are Hotmail Popper, YahooPOPs, and MrPostman. I've scanned my system for viruses, but AVG turns up nothing. Can anybody please provide any information? Thanks in advance. OvErboRed <overboredNO@SPAMoverbored.net> wrote in news:Xns93C84CD10D36Eyangstaoverbored@207.46.248....

Importing Addresses into a fresh address list
So far I've created a new Address list under All Address Lists, but now I can't figure out how to populate it. Maybe I'm going about it all wrong though. I need to create a new address list for our new parent company so that we have a directory of email addresses. You want a custom address list that they can see and pull down from an Outlook client, right? Except for 5a and 5b you can get an idea how it works from this. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321723 "CB" <chadb@dentistryonline.com> wrote in message news:uZZ5RaxWEHA.2576@TK2MSF...

Multiple Addresses
If an account has two addresses, one at the main level and one under "More Addresses," how can I add a contact in so that the mapped address is the one under "More Addresses?" Thanks ...

Last name first in address book
Hello I'm using Outlook 2002, in my normal contacts list I have my contacts showing in alphabetical order by their last name first such as: Billy Adams Neil Birch Fred Cook etc. But when I sent an email and click on the address book they are in first name first such as: Billy Adams Fred Cook Neil Birch etc. Is there a way that I can view these in address book the same as in contacts? Thanks. Ash Choose Tools | Email Accounts > View or change existing directories or address books. Select Outlook Address Book, then click Change. You'll see choices for using First Last or the...

Edit offline public folder
Hi, is it possible to edit a public folder with contacts when it is offline? When it's possible how will I get this? Mike If they are added to your favorites in Outlook they should be accessible. On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 06:13:02 -0800, "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >is it possible to edit a public folder with contacts when it is offline? >When it's possible how will I get this? > >Mike ...

Where can I find a VAT book keeping template?
Help! I want to do my VAT for the year in excel but I cant be bothered to make a template. Any Ideas where I can get one, checked templates online but couldnt see any suitable! ...

Limit users to internal addresses only
How do you prevent a user from sending / receiving mail to / from external (internet) addresses? Many thanks in advance. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF025.html -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Mary M" <none@no_email.com> wrote in message news:eYQiqkP2GHA.3564@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > How do you prevent a user from sending / receiving mail to / from external > (internet) addresses? > > Many thanks in advance. > > > ...

Outlook 2003 & working offline
I am currently using Outlook 2003 with an Exchange server. Everything allows me to work offline properly and I can read my e-mails why working offline. What I cannot do however is write a new e-mail while working offline. When I do, it sits within my outbox. When I connect to the server, I expect that it will then synchronize and send that e-mail as it did in Outlook XP. Now, the e-mail just disappears as if it was never there. Does the same thing with notes and calendar appointements. Makes working offline kind of useless... What setting is not setup correctly to sync the offli...