Repairing .NET Framework and Exchange

I use a 3rd party application to archive emails. This application has
recently broke. The support team for the application have suggested repairing
the .NET Framework. What implications does this have on Exchange? We are not
using OMA or OWA. Is there anything I should be cautious about before or
during this procedure. Here is a link to the KB article.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830646#6

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
0
bxr222 (4)

Shared exchange
If I want a shared exchange, what kind of �tools� has Microsoft (or others) made for the purpose? Do Microsoft have scrips, wizards or� Regards Could you be a little more specific about what you're trying to do? What does a "shared exchange" mean to you? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "COZ" &...

Exchange 5.5 Daylight savings time
According to Microsoft website: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx near the bottom of the article details about a Daylight Savings Time Patch that is available for companies with Customer Support Agreements (CSA) for Exchange 5.5. Well, we have Exchange 5.5, but it is our understanding that Exchange 5.5 uses the local server time to DST settings (which we can edit). So the big question is, what exactly does this Exchange 5.5 D.S.T. patch do???? Microsoft will not tell me any details unless I purchase a Premier contract at 10's of thousands of dollars. We will ...

moving exchange #3
Hi all I currently have exchange 5.5 on an nt4 box. I need to put it on another machine which is running 2000 server sp4. The server is using a different name and I was wondering if there is anyway of moving over the users and their mailboxes without having to back them up in to pst files for each user Many thanks Glenn This may or may not help. You can use EXMerge to move the mailboxes. However, I do not know if EXMerge works on 5.5, so if you find out it does, just set up exchange on the W2k box and EXMerge the boxes over. You could also try it another way, set up exchange on the...

Unknown repair
I have recently moved from Excel 2002 to 2007 and when saving a large file with several macros and reopening it keeps saying that there is unreadable content and that a repair had to be made. I don't know how to get rid of this problem and I can see no external links to '.xml' files. Any help gratefully received. Repaired Records: External formula reference from /xl/externalLinks/externalLink8.xml part (Cached values from external formula reference) Repair log: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> - ...

How to migrate Exchange from parent to child domain?
Scenario: W2003 Forest consisting of 2 child domains. Single Exchange 2003 server in root domain, containing mailboxes for accounts in all three domain. We want to add a second Exchange server in one of the child domains for the mailboxes for this child domain only. What's the best way to approach this? TIA. You'll be joining the same Exchange org and probably Admin group so the only question is will you need a different routing group? This will depend on whether or not the child and parent domains are at separate sites. Regardless of the routing group you should just be ab...

ASP.NET Dynamic Table
Hi All, Am using VS2010 with Framework 4.0 in VB.NET I have a table which I wish to create on page load which isn't database driven I can create the table single column using new LinkLabel controls but I wish to have the links in 3 or 4 columns, not just one. Example At the moment: LinkLabel1 LinkLabel2 LinkLabel3 LinkLabel4 LinkLabel4 LinkLabel6 .... Would like them: LinkLabel1 LinkLabel2 LinkLabel3 LinkLabel4 LinkLabel5 LinkLabel6 .... This is the code I have so far, taken from an example &a...

Exchange System Manager, Error ID: c0072afc
I have just installed Windows 2003 SBS with Exchange. I've made some settings for the domain controller and active directory. Now I'm a bit stuck because of the following problem: Every time when I open the Exchange System Manager, expand Folder and click Publick Folders. I get a critical error with following information: ---- The requested name is valid, bu data of the requested type was found. Facility: Win32 ID no: c0072afc Exchange System Manager ---- (end of the error message) I get the same error message when I try to check properties of the same folder (Public Folder). T...

Can I use C#.Net to customize the old RMS version.
I have a RMS version which supports VB 6 and to use .Net it says I have to use Wrapper. Can I use C# to customize this RMS version ? Please help.. Thanks in advance Vicky... :-) Yes. Rob "Vicky" <Vicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8995A2C9-53B0-432B-B92A-C4469EE507EA@microsoft.com... >I have a RMS version which supports VB 6 and to use .Net it says I have to > use Wrapper. > Can I use C# to customize this RMS version ? > > Please help.. > Thanks in advance > > Vicky... :-) ...

disconnecting from exchange 2000
Hi, I administer sbs2000 and have a problem. I dont have enough licences to connect in one time all the employes, so when one want to use outlook, another person must free licence by exiting outlook ... . My question is: is there a possibility to remotly from server disconnect someon from exchange to connect someone else? I exists such possibility how to do it? THX Marcin Short of the obvious answer of buying a few more licences, if you run the licencing utility from within Admin Tools (not control panel) you can revoke the users in violation. It'll be a constant job and you'll ...

compact and repair through a VB code
Hi, I have a probem that my database canot be compacted and repaired while it's being used by users,so i'm trying to write the below code on the on time event to do compact and repair at 2:30 am when all users had already closed the application,but i get a message that says that i cannot compact and repair my database through a VB code or through a macro,instead i should go to toos>dtabase utilities...ecc. do suggest something? If Time() > "2:30:00 AM" And Time() < "2:30:06 AM" Then DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdCompactDatabase End If U�ytkownik "...

exchange Backup #16
dear All, first, is this a news group for Technet subscriber or not ? or its the Public ? because i am subscribe to the TECHNET Newsgroup. second , please see this ..... My Company here consist of 2 locations. the first location is in Egypt , & the Second Location located in USA office. My MX record is pointed on MY ISP SIDE , which is located in UK. The users who is located in USA, are about 10 users, and they Donot have at all any Exchange server in the office. they Have INTERNET Connection, and all the 10 users are configured to Use POP3 Account to connect to the Mail server ...

Exchange only sends messages after the server is rebooted
I have an Exchange 2003 server(running Windows 2003, but I just upgraded from Windows 2000) and it seems to queue messages to be sent externally and then only send them after I reboot the server. I have ran eseutil.exe /d on both the priv1.edb and the pub1.edb databases in safemode. I am running Symantec Mail Security 4.5 which I have recently disabled the main service from starting up, but the server is still doing the same thing. What should I try next? Do you have file level antivirus running that might be messing with the queue directories? I recall in the exch 2000 days that jus...

.NET Passport
My money is asking me to type the password for the .NET Passport and when I do, It tells me that the passport is not associated with the money file I ma trying to open. What can I do to avoif loosing all the data? Is there any way around it? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, M Matos wrote: >My money is asking me to type the password for the .NET >Passport and when I do, It tells me that the passport is >not associated with the money file I ma trying to open. >What can I do to avoif loosing all the data? Is there >any way around it? See http://groups.google.com...

Invoicing at net
Hi All We currently have RMS printing A4 invoices for us on receipt printer 2. To make this work we set up a customer and give them a credit limit and then compete the transaction with an "On Account" tender type. For the actual invoice we amended the normal receipt template for use on A4. Now the problem is all the items are printed gross (with the VAT already added). I would like to have an invoice which prints the net value and then has a box at the bottom with the sub total, VAT and total. Does anyone have a template for this please or can point me in the right direction. Man...

How to stop active net connection for a while
Hi, it is a different query ?. I want to disable the active internet connection for a while and want to resume later !. Any idea will be appreciated ! ...

Modify list of blocked extensions in Exchange 2003?
Hello! How can I modify the list of extensions that are blocked by Exchange 2003 (not Outlook 2003, but the server itself)? On my SBS 2003 server, I can run the Internet Connection Wizard to configure the list Exchange will block, but how would I do it on a non-SBS Exchange server? Thank you for the help! Gregg Hill Non SBS versions of Exchange do not have the ability to block extensions, this would be taken care of via your Anti-Virus and/or Anti-Spam software. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowher...

Exchange 2007 DST rebasing tool
Hello all I am running Exchange 2007, on Windows 2003 sp1 64 bit. I see that a patch is not needed for Exchange 2007 from looking at http://support.microsoft.com/gp/dst_prodlist But do i still have to run the rebassing tool to update the users calendars? All clients are running Outlook 2003 sp2? Thanks very much Yes, you will still need to rebase appointments created using old DST (2006) rules. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=930879 -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "ski...

Inbox Repair Tool (Almost) ALWAYS Finds Errors #2
This message was originally posted on 1/26/04, but received no response. I'm running Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) under WinXP SP1. My Outlook.pst file is a local "Personal Folders File (97-2002)," 127 MB after a compress. The Office 2003 installation was an upgrade from Office 2000. Shortly after installation, I ran the Inbox Repair Tool, more or less out of curiosity. It found and repaired errors. I ran it again a few days later, and again it found errors. In fact, almost every time I run it, it finds errors. Is this normal behavior? For the record, I do NOT abruptly power...

VB.NET: Get the Attribute and Text out from Xml string
Besides using For Each /Next loop to find every individual nodes, which loop should be use and how to apply if i want only one set of tag...(in blue) Example: <Book> <Title ID ="1"> <Author>Hello</Author> <Reference web = "www.reference.com" topic = "In thing"> </Title> <Title ID = "2"> <Author>Thanks</Author> <Reference web = "www.titlebook.com" topic = "Out thing"> </Title> </Book> I just want a draft idea of how it should be like... Thanks -- toytoy - for...

Windows Update Incorrectly Offering Security Update to .net framew
My system: Win 7 x64 bit, fully patched through last month's updates. When I ran windows update yesterday, among the expected patches, was the security update for .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB 979916). As I do not have ANY .net framework on my system, I was a little surprised. Can anyone tell me *why* Windows update feels I need to install this patch when the system does not have either .net framework 3.5 or sp1?? illumination greatly appreciated, TIA, sincerely On 6/10/2010 11:59 AM, shnew wrote: > My system: Win 7 x64 bit, fully patched through last month's update...

outlook signatures: how to keep it resident in Exchange?
Our users use Outlook to connect to the Exchange 2002 server across a LAN. Is there a way to keep a user's Outlook signature resident in Exchange so that I won't have to set up their signature when I setup their Outlook profile on their machine for the first time. ...

Outlook repair
I have Office 2000 on my computer and the Outlook application ahs been damaged when a virus invaded my machine. As a result, I am not able to use the email portion of Office which would be very helpful to me. As an alternate, I have been using Netscape. The Office SW was loaded on my computer by my previous employer. When I left that company, I requested that I be given my computer and the related SW. I have a signed note from the CEO transferring all the hardware and SW to me. However, I do not have the CD to reload the Office SW to repair the damage portions. Is there a way t...

Requesting data from microsoft exchange server
Hi. We have a small accounting practice with 4 users. Until recently we had an exchange server with two users connecting and using a shared calendar. Recently we changed this to make all four have email and access the shared calendar. For two users, not the original two, it works fine. But for one user it takes a long time to open Outlook, and the first error is the exchange server is unavailable, if retry is clicked it finally connects, after it connects things run smoothly. For the other, it takes a long time to connect and send and receive messages too, with the Requesting data fro...

Exchanger Server Installation
Hi Experts, I need some advice: - Exchange on W2k Server with AD on DC - CRM Server on stand-alone server I want to CRM to use Exchange to send and receive email. Should I use the current Exchange server or install a new instance on the CRM server. I've already tried intalling the CRM Exchange Router but failed; the setup stopped responfing and froze. I'm afraid it will somehow damage my current exchange server. Any advice is appreciated. RF Please provide more info:- What version of Exchange? What version of CRM? Is CRM working OK at present? What OS is CRM on? What's t...

Can't get Outlook 2000 to recognize the Exchange Server on a Win X
I have a Laptop which is running XP Home. I want it to access the local network which has Exchange server 2000 I believe. However when I run Outlook from the laptop it doesn't recognize the Exchange server. I can access the internet and I can access the server itself. I've had no problems with Windows 2000 but I can't figure out XP home. There are several other computers which have XP home that can use the Exchange Server for Outlook. One factor is that they have a Japanese OS where as the Laptop I'm having trouble with is a English OS. If you can help with thi...