Repair a corrupted mailbox/calender entries?

Is there any way to repair a corrupted mailbox? I have a user who has
hundreds of appointments scheduled. One of his appointments is causing
Outlook to crash. When the user logs on to any workstation and runs his
calander, Outlook crashes about 1 minute later. Because of the number of
appointments the user has scheduled, it is not possible to simply
delete/recreate the appointments one at a time to see which one is causing
the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
0
jay222222 (4)

You could try exporting his mailbox to a PST file using exmerge.  This will
drop any corrupted items.

Teo

"Jayson" wrote:

> Is there any way to repair a corrupted mailbox? I have a user who has
> hundreds of appointments scheduled. One of his appointments is causing
> Outlook to crash. When the user logs on to any workstation and runs his
> calander, Outlook crashes about 1 minute later. Because of the number of
> appointments the user has scheduled, it is not possible to simply
> delete/recreate the appointments one at a time to see which one is causing
> the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
try running Outlook with the /cleanfreebusy switch, and maybe the
/cleanreminders switch as well...sometimes this can correct a problem like
this...
"Jayson" <jay222222@REMOVE_CAPS_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to repair a corrupted mailbox? I have a user who has
> hundreds of appointments scheduled. One of his appointments is causing
> Outlook to crash. When the user logs on to any workstation and runs his
> calander, Outlook crashes about 1 minute later. Because of the number of
> appointments the user has scheduled, it is not possible to simply
> delete/recreate the appointments one at a time to see which one is causing
> the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

0
susan7353 (1225)
1/19/2005 9:11:27 PM
I would delete his mailbox, recreate it (remember to initialize it), and then
exmerge the pst back into his mailbox.

Teo

"Jayson" wrote:

> After I export the mailbox using exmerge, can I just merge the pst back into
> his mailbox (ie -  will the pst overwrite everything in the existing
> mailbox)? or do I need to delete all the items in his mailbox and then import
> the pst back in?
>
> Thanks
>
> "Teo Gomez" wrote:
>
> > You could try exporting his mailbox to a PST file using exmerge.  This will
> > drop any corrupted items.
> >
> > Teo
> >
> > "Jayson" wrote:
> >
> > > Is there any way to repair a corrupted mailbox? I have a user who has
> > > hundreds of appointments scheduled. One of his appointments is causing
> > > Outlook to crash. When the user logs on to any workstation and runs his
> > > calander, Outlook crashes about 1 minute later. Because of the number of
> > > appointments the user has scheduled, it is not possible to simply
> > > delete/recreate the appointments one at a time to see which one is causing
> > > the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks
Thanks for the heads up. Is there a document somewhere that lists all of the
possible switches?

"Susan" wrote:

> try running Outlook with the /cleanfreebusy switch, and maybe the
> /cleanreminders switch as well...sometimes this can correct a problem like
> this...
> "Jayson" <jay222222@REMOVE_CAPS_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Is there any way to repair a corrupted mailbox? I have a user who has
> > hundreds of appointments scheduled. One of his appointments is causing
> > Outlook to crash. When the user logs on to any workstation and runs his
> > calander, Outlook crashes about 1 minute later. Because of the number of
> > appointments the user has scheduled, it is not possible to simply
> > delete/recreate the appointments one at a time to see which one is causing
> > the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks

0
jay222222 (4)
1/19/2005 10:15:04 PM
If I delete his mailbox and recreate it, will people who used to have
permissions to his calender and mailbox before have access again (ie - Will
the permissions be saved and restored with exmerge)?

Thanks

"Teo Gomez" wrote:

> I would delete his mailbox, recreate it (remember to initialize it), and then
> exmerge the pst back into his mailbox.
>
> Teo
>
> "Jayson" wrote:
>
> > After I export the mailbox using exmerge, can I just merge the pst back into
> > his mailbox (ie -  will the pst overwrite everything in the existing
> > mailbox)? or do I need to delete all the items in his mailbox and then import
> > the pst back in?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Teo Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > You could try exporting his mailbox to a PST file using exmerge.  This will
> > > drop any corrupted items.
> > >
> > > Teo

0
jay222222 (4)
1/19/2005 10:17:04 PM
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;197180

> Thanks for the heads up. Is there a document somewhere that lists all of
the
> possible switches?
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > try running Outlook with the /cleanfreebusy switch, and maybe the
> > /cleanreminders switch as well...sometimes this can correct a problem
like
> > this...
> > "Jayson" <jay222222@REMOVE_CAPS_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Is there any way to repair a corrupted mailbox? I have a user who has
> > > hundreds of appointments scheduled. One of his appointments is causing
> > > Outlook to crash. When the user logs on to any workstation and runs
his
> > > calander, Outlook crashes about 1 minute later. Because of the number
of
> > > appointments the user has scheduled, it is not possible to simply
> > > delete/recreate the appointments one at a time to see which one is
causing
> > > the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks

0
susan7353 (1225)

Help
I have been working on this Access DB since early this morning and now somehow the file has become corrupted. I cannot run a compact and repair. I ran Jetcomp and it created a new file but the corruption is still there. I cannot export or import the modules to a new database. I have a backup but it ran several hours ago and I've made lots of changes since then. It will take me hours to recreate the changes. I've mainly been changing a form and a report. I can see both in design view but cannot get to the code which is what I need to do a cut and paste. Is there any way to displa...

Unknown repair
I have recently moved from Excel 2002 to 2007 and when saving a large file with several macros and reopening it keeps saying that there is unreadable content and that a repair had to be made. I don't know how to get rid of this problem and I can see no external links to '.xml' files. Any help gratefully received. Repaired Records: External formula reference from /xl/externalLinks/externalLink8.xml part (Cached values from external formula reference) Repair log: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> - ...

Corrupted message

Rename user and mailbox
2003 Server, Exchange 2003 We have a user Mindy Jones - Married. I went into the Manage Users and renamed the account to Mindy Lowel Went through all of the tabs in the User Properties and made the same changes. Now, in Exchange/Mailboxes the mailbox is still listed as Mindy Jones. There does not appear to be any way to rename the mailbox to Mindy Lowel. How does one accomplish a rename of the mailbox to match the new user properties? -- Reply to group. Thanks! Have you waited long enough for the change to take effect? If you have and it has not changed try moving the user's mailbo...

Inbox Repair Tool (Almost) ALWAYS Finds Errors #2
This message was originally posted on 1/26/04, but received no response. I'm running Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) under WinXP SP1. My Outlook.pst file is a local "Personal Folders File (97-2002)," 127 MB after a compress. The Office 2003 installation was an upgrade from Office 2000. Shortly after installation, I ran the Inbox Repair Tool, more or less out of curiosity. It found and repaired errors. I ran it again a few days later, and again it found errors. In fact, almost every time I run it, it finds errors. Is this normal behavior? For the record, I do NOT abruptly power...

Outlook repair
I have Office 2000 on my computer and the Outlook application ahs been damaged when a virus invaded my machine. As a result, I am not able to use the email portion of Office which would be very helpful to me. As an alternate, I have been using Netscape. The Office SW was loaded on my computer by my previous employer. When I left that company, I requested that I be given my computer and the related SW. I have a signed note from the CEO transferring all the hardware and SW to me. However, I do not have the CD to reload the Office SW to repair the damage portions. Is there a way t...

Outlook 2003 corrupted pst file
Running Outlook 2003 plus SP1 on XP 2003 w/SP2 My pst file is 233,536 Kb in size. I have run Inbox Repair Tool repeatedly. It indicates that I have no errors. I have two indications that there are problems. 1) There is a message stuck in my Unread Mail box. I can not delete it. It says that it may already have been deleted or moved. 2) I can no longer add, modify, or delete any contact information. Clicking on any contact crashes Outlook. I can create an email and add an address from Word but that is it. I really feel that if I could just export all my folders to a new pst file ...

Different return addresses for different mailboxes?
I'm using Outlook to access mail from MS Exchange Server on my network. I have two different mailboxes -- one for personal stuff, and one for business (two different email addresses). The problem is that right now, although mail comes IN to the correct mailboxes, when I reply, the mail always goes out with the same (default, I guess) return address. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks. Joe Well, Microsoft newsgroups -- helpful as usual. Found the answer myself: EUDORA "Exotic-Scales.com" <jb@NOSPAM.exotic-scales.com> wrote in message news:113is3gabg0b5...

People sending me mail get mailbox full message
I know my mailbox is not full, it's a brand new computer and i maybe have 10 messages. People sending me email get the message yet I don't get any such message on my end. Where can I go to see if I'm actually out of space and/or increase the space? Help anyone. On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 07:31:06 -0800, "Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know my mailbox is not full, it's a brand new computer and i maybe >have 10 messages. People sending me email get the message yet I >don't get any such message on my end. Where can I go to see if...

Fill cells automaticaly from other entry
I created a drop down list (data, validation) of employee names. I would like the other cells to be filled out automaticaly for their adress, city, phone when I select one of the name from the list. Hi have a look at the VLOOKUP function for this. <See: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "wooptidooo" <wooptidooo@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1F2C34A8-6EF5-41F7-A849-0A3ECED7BC07@microsoft.com... > I created a drop down list (data, validation) of employee names. > I would like the other cel...

backup files corrupt
Hello everyone, I have 2 backup files done in Money2002 it holds information since 1998. I recently had to restore my computer, so i had to reinstall money2002 when i tried to restore the backup file it says it is corrupt or not a money back up file...is there anyway to fix this. Thanx In microsoft.public.money, raul wrote: >Hello everyone, I have 2 backup files done in Money2002 it >holds information since 1998. I recently had to restore my >computer, so i had to reinstall money2002 when i tried to >restore the backup file it says it is corrupt or not a >money back u...

Admin Mailbox Access #2
Hello, In earlier versions of SBS 2003 you could give administrators full access to users mailboxes. Lately (within the past year) that seems to have changed, you can give ordinary users full access to other users mailboxes and they can see their mailbox and the other user mailbox in their Outlook profile, but if you try to give an admin access to a user mailbox it doesn't work. You get "unable to expand folder". Does anyone know if there is some way to do this now? This is a new server with all the latest available patches, updates and service packs. Thanks, Tony Tuccillo...

compact and repair through a VB code
Hi, I have a probem that my database canot be compacted and repaired while it's being used by users,so i'm trying to write the below code on the on time event to do compact and repair at 2:30 am when all users had already closed the application,but i get a message that says that i cannot compact and repair my database through a VB code or through a macro,instead i should go to toos>dtabase utilities...ecc. do suggest something? If Time() > "2:30:00 AM" And Time() < "2:30:06 AM" Then DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdCompactDatabase End If U´┐Żytkownik "...

Mailbox limits #8
In my firm, we have local tech support helping everyone keep their mailboxes clean and light. As such, the local tech people would like to receive the system-generated notifications that users receive when their mailboxes reach limits. Any way to implement this? -Chris don't know of anyway to do that... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Chris.Sanchez" <ChrisSanchez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4294E1B5-957E-4812-A34D-967969C7DC58@microsoft.com... > In my firm, we have local tech support helping everyone keep their mailboxes > clean and light. As s...

Mailbox closed, now unavailable even though it's under the limit
Last night I was raising a user's mailbox quota in Exchange 2003 Admin. I accidentally lowerd the quota instead (they shouldn't put 8 and 7 next to each other on the keyboard) to below their current size. They received a message in their inbox "Your mailbox is closed" stating that they'd gone over their limit, and instructing how to lower it.. They have cleaned up their mailbox, and I set the limit much higher than the current size, but they're still getting the message that they're over the limit. I have rebooted their machine a number of times. I removed ...

Repair Install..
When I built my current computer, the one I'm using to post this message, I bought duplicate parts and built a second computer. For ease of discussion, the original computer is #1 and the second computer is #2. I have cloned the two hard drives from #1 and put them into #2. It works but there are some hardware differences between #1 and #2 so #2 wants to be authenticated, etc but I don't want to do that. I want to be able to use both computers. If I buy Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP3 OEM can I use that disk to basically install that version onto hard drive #2 w...

Shared calenders disappear
Hi everybody, We use office 2007 and many times when i startup Outlook the shared calenders of my colleques have disappeared. Does anyone knows this problem and how i can fix this? thanks very much. Greetz Ernst ...

corrupted formula in protected worksheet
Is there any way (in Excel 2003) in which a formula in a locked cell of a password protected worksheet can end up corrupted, without the sheet having first been unprotected? I recently created a workbook with password protected worksheets, which accepts data entry in some unlocked cells and carries out data analysis by formulas in locked cells. There are no macros in the workbook. I was asked to investigate when the analysis stopped functioning correctly, and I found some of the formulas in the locked cells had become corrupted, but I have no idea how this could have happened...

Incorrect mailbox full NDR
Runnig EX2003SP1 on a Win2k3 server. One of my exchange users got a mailbox full NDR box when he sent an email to a group of people (some exchange, some not). The NDR was for another local exchange user (mailbox full). However that mailbox is 1/10th the allowed limit and the mail store database is only a couple of gigs (out of the 16). Doe, John on 10/29/2004 7:36 PM The message could not be delivered because the recipient's mailbox is full. <ex1.???.???com #5.2.2> I looked in the Message Tracking Center and the previous email in this thread was deliver to Mr. Doe, but...

Order Entry and Leadtimes
We are having a lot of problems lately with our Customer Service Department entering orders at the appropriate lead-time. We have a lot of products with various lead times so the problem is understandable to a certain extent, but as you can imagine, this problem puts a strain on our procurement group and frustrates customers when we fail to meet commitments. Can something be done in Dynamics to prevent people from entering sales orders in the system inside the lead-time that is set-up for that item? What about a broader lead-time restriction? -- Eric Powers I think the only way to ...

corrupt dll?
Hello all, I am making an MFC dll in VC++.Net 2003, It compiles fine and OK. But when I link this dll to an applicaton from where I want to call this from, during implicit linking when I come the application, I get the error: "Invalid or corrupt file" for the dll which I am trying to link in. I am definitely linking the Release build of dll to the Release build of the application. Anybody knows what could be going wrong? I have done exactly the same procedure in VC++6.0 Thanks Srishti use the depends.exe and see if that's what you are expecting. are the names exposed as you ...

cannot edit entry
I have downloaded statements from my bank for over a year now and never had any problems. Now I am getting entries that download and then cannot be edited. I cannot remove them, nothing. It does not happen all the time. Any ideas? Would this be relevant? http://www.umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=89 or http://www.umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=44 -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/su...

Cannot see all folders of shared Mailbox
Outlook 2003 Microsoft Exchange Server I have permission to view another user's mailbox. When I add it, I can see the Inbox and a small selection of the subfolders of that Inbox. However, I know that there are many more folders than I can see. Unlike an IMAP account, I can't seem to find anything telling me how to select the folders to view. The folders I am looking for are all subfolders of the Inbox and not personal folders on the other user's pc. I have no idea how it made its random selection of folders to view, (though I guess it probably isn't really random). How d...

Corrupt Access File
Is there a way to tell if an Access mdb file is corrupted before you save it as a backup? Thanks DS Hi. > Is there a way to tell if an Access mdb file is corrupted before you save > it as a backup? Other than checking the file size and finding that it's not a multiple of 4,096 bytes, or the database is not already acting bizarre, or the database is not giving "Access has encountered a problem and must close" error messages repeately, no. HTH. Gunny See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips ...

Compare fields and highlight the entries with Format Cells.
Seems like an easy task but don't know how. Can somebody help? I have to compare the entries of column A,B,C against that of column E,F,G. I did the EXACT function as follows: =EXACT(A1,E1) and so on. and filtered for FALSE. But I also want to automatically Fill Color for the cells where the entries don't match?? Is there ONE formula to do so? Thanx, Madan Select A1:C9999 (with A1 your activecell) Format|conditional formatting =exact(a1,e1)=false or =not(exact(a1,e1)) then do the same thing with E1:G9999 Mohan wrote: > > Seems like an easy task but don't know ...