Renew SSL

Hi,

Exchange 2007 on Win2003.

The SSL cert is due to expire soon. Is there a recommended renewal
procedure, or is it simply creating and installing a new SSL cert before it
expires?

Any assistance is appreciated.
ED.

0
ED

That is pretty much it, you can renew your current certificate with your SSL
provider and you should get the new certificate back within 30 min.  If you
plan on using another CA provider, then it might take a bit longer to
authenticate your domain and company.

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"ED" <nospam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Exchange 2007 on Win2003.
>
> The SSL cert is due to expire soon. Is there a recommended renewal
> procedure, or is it simply creating and installing a new SSL cert before
> it
> expires?
>
> Any assistance is appreciated.
> ED.

0
John
5/25/2010 3:58:10 PM
Thanks John. I have one more question.

The current SSL cert is issued against company.com which works with OWA.
However it doesn't resolve exchangesvr.company.com which gives cert
complaints via some email clients. Does this mean exchange really needs 2
SSL certs?

Thanks,
ED.

"John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" <jcoliverjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
That is pretty much it, you can renew your current certificate with your SSL
provider and you should get the new certificate back within 30 min.  If you
plan on using another CA provider, then it might take a bit longer to
authenticate your domain and company.

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA
Exchange MVP 2010
Microsoft Certified Partner

"ED" <nospam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Exchange 2007 on Win2003.
>
> The SSL cert is due to expire soon. Is there a recommended renewal
> procedure, or is it simply creating and installing a new SSL cert before
> it
> expires?
>
> Any assistance is appreciated.
> ED.

0
ED
5/26/2010 4:52:12 AM
Then I would recommend a UC Certificate from Go Daddy for multi domain cert.
It's the least expensive out there today and it works Ex2007 and Ex2010.

--

> Thanks John. I have one more question.
>
> The current SSL cert is issued against company.com which works with OWA.
> However it doesn't resolve exchangesvr.company.com which gives cert
> complaints via some email clients. Does this mean exchange really needs 2
> SSL certs?
>
> Thanks,
> ED.
>

> "John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" <jcoliverjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> That is pretty much it, you can renew your current certificate with your
> SSL
> provider and you should get the new certificate back within 30 min.  If
> you
> plan on using another CA provider, then it might take a bit longer to
> authenticate your domain and company.
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> Exchange MVP 2010
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>

> "ED" <nospam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Exchange 2007 on Win2003.
>>
>> The SSL cert is due to expire soon. Is there a recommended renewal
>> procedure, or is it simply creating and installing a new SSL cert before
>> it
>> expires?
>>
>> Any assistance is appreciated.
>> ED.

0
John

Renewed faith in MS Money
I'm not a MS stockholder but wanted to convey a renewed faith in the MS Money application. I was using 2002 on a Pentium 2 with about 28MB of data back to the early 90's. For a while, I was one of those that was complaining on and off this list, seriously reviewing the alternatives like Moneydance, and seriously considering the jump, etc. I got distraught at the number of comments against 2005. My biggest complaint was the bulkiness of just opening and closing the file. I was concernced that one little hiccup would forever corrupt my file. Well, I bought a new Dell that came wit...

passport renew?
How to renew my passport? That is certainly off-topic for this newsgroup, which deals with Microsoft Word. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "lore" <lore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CBE33A8-D47E-4210-938A-E8AAD8C7769A@microsoft.com... > How to renew my passport? Hooplehead alert. Move to the head of the line. "lore" <lore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CBE33A8-D47E-4210-938A-E8AAD8C7769A@microsoft.com... : How to renew my passport? On Tue, 18 May 2010 04:40:01 -0700, lore <lore...

Exchange 2003 server POP3 SSL
I have an Exchange 2003 server. I have configured a Default POP3 virtual server. I am able to connect successfully over the Internet on port 995 SSL POP3 and receive email, access my mailbox, etc. but I cannot send email from my secure connection. I get a message as such: The specified server was found, but there was no response from the server. Please verify that the port and SSL info is correct. Has anyone done this or have any input or can lead me in the right direction? Thanks! My guess would be that you also have to have an SSL certificate set up on the Virtual SMTP server, and ea...

Renew Time
Hello. We have a board with an iMX31 CPU and an SMSC Ethernet controller running on WinCE5.0. Is it possible to change the time to detect the insertion of the ethernet cable. In the actual configuration it takes about 10 sec. to detect the cable. When I press RENEW it takes less than 1 sec. Is there a registry key for the scanning period or is it a driver problem. Best regards J�rgen ...

Using a non-default port for HTTPD (SSL)
Hello all. Using WinCE 5.0 here. I'm setting up the HTTPD component included in Platbuilder, and i've got it running fine with SSL and all is well. However, we got a request to run the server on a nonstandard port, instead of 443, we now want to run it on 8443. Fine, i thought, because according to the docs i could just change the "Port" DWORD under HKLM\Comms\HTTPD\SSL to '8443'. Unfortunately, it seems not to be working after i do this. Also, I'm getting weird responses when connecting on 443 after i change this port setting. I cannot co...

Contract Renewals
Hi, We are having a simple problem that I hope someone has come across. We are listing all the contracts by end date, We are using the contract renew process once a contract is up and we are to re-invoice the client. However once we have renewed an expired contract I would like the option for it not to display anymore, but I still want to see the expired contract that has not been renewed. Does anyone have any ideas? -- Eonic.co.uk Web Content Management Solutions One more thing. When a contract has expired I've tried using a workflow rule to change the status of the contract t...

if possible to have two certificates for OWA SSL on the backend server?
Hi...I have enable the SSL in the Exchange server (Backend) for OWA with a netbios name certificate. Since we are opening to the outiside world, we need to have another SSL certificate for OWA as the format of owa.ourdomain.com. I am wondering if I could enable to two certificates together for SSL on the Exchange server so that I could avoid the service interruption. Any recommendation? Thanks, Fshguo. On 12 Dec 2005 10:23:21 -0800, "fshguo" <fshguo@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi...I have enable the SSL in the Exchange server (Backend) for OWA >with a netbios name certific...

Internal & External server names with SSL
We would like to know if there is a workaround to manage public folders with a SSL certificate installed with a server that is known by two different names: known by one name on the inside network and by another on the outside world. We are running Exchange 2003 - from the 'Outside World' our server is called mail.domain.com. We installed a SSL certificate specifically made to match that FQDN name for Outlook Web access clients coming from the outside world. However, on our inside network, the FQDN of our server is known internally as 'exchange.domain.com'. Needless...

Exchange FE SSL Certs
We are implementing a second Exchange FE server. Can we use a SSL Cert from an internal CA or should we purchase one from an outside provider? Same question for OMA and EAS Certs. the first server has a purchased Cert. You can use an internal one as long as you have a method of configuring your users' IE (or other) clients to accept your CA as a trusted authority. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "WhiteRabbit" <wildgen@jocogov.org> wrote in message news:1159306604.062624.16120@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... ...

Renewing a Gift Card
Is it possible to add funds to a gift card/voucher once it has been used up? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0222_01C6D72E.E42168A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Cathy, If you are using the built-in RMS gift card/voucher system; http://tinyurl.com/ffypf Must have access to CustomerSource. --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader = to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, = fol...

SSL protection won't work with other than port 25
Hi, We have problems with secured smtp connections. ISPs in Finland block port 25 to outside smtp server, so we are using port 7725 as secondary port to smtp. I made proper configurations to smtp virtual server so that it listens also 7725. This configuration works when I dont' user secured connections, but when I enable ssl protection in outlook it doesn't work, port 25 works same time as it should. I tried to test smtp with telnet to port 7725 and it responded fine if ssl wasn't required (and I could sent mails), and if I put ssl required mode on, it asked starttls as it...

Update Outlook 2k for SSL?
W2k sp4 on a little desktop system, DSL (1.2 mbps download) I got Email from ISP ATT stating that Email must be SSL for continued service. Per Outlook "help", I am running: Outlook 2k 9.0.0.2711 Corporate or workgrp 40 bit (Export version) I followed numerous MS links. Appears I need to apply O2k SR1/1a, then extensions to encryption, then ??? to get SSL support. I even tried to download SR1 from: http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2000/appndx/toolbox.htm#o2sr1au and got the infamous "The page cannot be found". Maybe a good thing: I don't really know what ...

Contract Renewal?
We are currently running 8.0 and it has been 1 year since we started the Contract module. We now have contracts that need to be renewed. How do we renew the active contracts? Can we do them all at once? Also, does the contract number change or does it stay the same? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! ...

OWA 2003 SSL Redirect #2 (HELP)
I posted this on the dev newsgroup yesterday, but still haven't gotten this working so maybe one of you can help me out. I've enabled SSL on my 2003 OWA Server (IIS6) and have forced Secure connections, however I want to redirect anyone coming in on port 80 to my HTTPS Logon Page. I've tried this but couldn't get it to work: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;279681 I've also tried a a similar method where I change the 403.4 custom error on the Exchange VS to my own redirect.htm file, listed below, but instead of doing the redirect to my URL...

CD renewals
Hi, Is there a special way that Money handles CD renewals? I have a 1 yr CD. After the 1 yr, when the CD is renewed, how do I reflect the new interest rate? Thanks, Gary Do a Renew CD transaction (similar to Reinvest Interest)--it will setup a new investment that can have new data like interest rate. "Gary44" <gary.rose8@verizon.net> wrote in message news:ameAd.12585$fe5.4974@trndny06... > Is there a special way that Money handles CD renewals? > > I have a 1 yr CD. After the 1 yr, when the CD is renewed, how do I > reflect > the new interest rate? ...

Warning window when accessing private server with SSL
When accessing my private email server using SSL I always receive a window with a warning message: The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. A certificate chain processed correctly, but terminated in a route certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider. Do you want to continue using this server ? Is it possible to permanently get rid of it ? Regards Lutz ...

SSL Certificates
Need some help. Does anyone know how to verify the expiration date of multiple SSL Certificates(30 or more)? I have a list of URLs that I can place in a text file, or I have all the cer files in a directory; this would be like a monitoring script. I know there is a linux version, but I don't know any linux. I was wondering if this can be done with powershell. Thanks for the help. If the certificates are in the local store you can just browse them like this: ls cert:\LocalMachine\My | Format-Table NotAfter, Subject If you have a directory here's a script to load the...

OWA SSL on FE & BE
Hi...We might go for only one BE server for Exchange 2003 with SSL enable OWA at the beginning, depends on the performance, it might come to a request to setup a FE in addition. I read MS KB file, it mentions about don't apply SSL on BE server's exchange folder...etc. if you want FE SSL as well. Just wondering, will that be a problem to setup FE with SSL OWA while the BE is also SSL OWA? Thanks, fshguo. Hi, Exchange FE will only communicate to the BE server using port 80 for HTTP, port 143 for IMAP4, and port 110 for POP3. SSL encryption is never used between FE and BE serve...

SMTP with SSL or not ?
Hello, I just would like to have your opinion about creating a smtp virtual server with SSL protocol for our user to send mail. Is there a big security trouble with using a simple smtp connection like POP3 ..?? Thanks for your answer. Bye ! Obviously, if you set up SMTP and POP3 and require that the clients connect via SSL to each one, it will be more secure than not. Given that the majority of ISP's in the world do NOT require SSL, though, whether it is a security risk or not is really up to you. The main difference is that with an ISP, user accounts likely only have permiss...

Problem renewing
I'm using Money Essentials and I tried to extend my services with the new download of the program. I download and install the program and it goes ok but I keep getting the same message that I need to extend services. I uninstalled the old version and did a fresh install of the program with the same result. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Rodney wrote: >I'm using Money Essentials and I tried to extend my services with the new >download of the program. I download and install the program and it goes ok >but I keep getting the same message that I need to extend ser...

RPC/HTTP and SSL VPN
Hi, Imagine I am deploying a SSL VPN solution. Basically I need to have RPC/HTTP enabled on Exchange 2003 servers so that SSL VPN users can access e-mail from there when connection to 'inside network' is established. Therefore I do not even need to mess if RPC/HTTP to the outside world. I just want to make RPC/HTTP to work to my 'inside users'. Can you please point me to document showing how I should configure Exchange 2003 to run RPC/HTTP in this scenario. It seems that the RPC/HTTP settings should be enabled on the mailbox store servers, right? Not on OWA itself. Y...

ActiveSync with SSL
If this is the wrong group, could you please tell me where i should post this? We have Exchange 2003, with OWA. I have a Pocket PC (Windows Mobile 5.0) and would like to use the ActiveSync to sync with Exchange. When I try to sync, i receive an error "The Security Certificate on the server is invalid. Contact your Exchange SErver Administrator or ISP to install a valid certificate on the server" I believe this is because I use Forms Based Authentication, Require SSL and Issued my own Certificate (using the CertSrv). I copied the certificate (DER Format) to the Windows Mobil...

RMS Renewal
Could someone please try to convince me to renew my five RMS licenses? We generally use only 3 of them, 2 are only used twice a year. We have been renewing all of them the last couple years in anticipation of a major update to the software. That's just not happening. Even the simplest improvement to the software - like being able to customize which windows open each time you launch Manager have not been done. I'd like to add up all the time my staff and I have spent over the last five years opening RMS, clicking the task window closed, opening the Items window, resizing, ...

Support plan renewal
I just logged on to customer source and noticed that my support plan had expired a few weeks ago (DEC). I would have thought that I would have received a notification that it was about to expire, along with info on how to renew it. Is Microsoft offering a grace period to renew without penalty, I know they've done it in the past. How do I renew it, through my partner or microsoft direct? Thanks Bill Hobby Central Usually if you pay within 30 days your are ok. check now and get it take care of before late fees are applied. You VAR should be able to take care of this. -- Crysta...

SSL
Why can't I send using SSL? I can receive messages but can't send. I've asked everyone I know for help, but everyone has a different idea. I've tried everything I can think of. Is there an Outlook glitch I don't know about? Are you trying to use SSL on a non-standard SMTP port? (e.g. Non-standard SMTP port means that the account is configured to try and send e-mail on a port that does not equal 25 or 465.) "Garth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02af01c4f236$60d95c70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Why can't I send usin...