Rename Server

I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which
Exchange 2000 has been install onto,  would this have an effect on exchange

wayne

0
wmb2003 (15)

The Exchange services won't start after a server rename.  Build a new server
with the new name and move the mailboxes to it.

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

"WB" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote in message
>I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which
>Exchange 2000 has been install onto,  would this have an effect on exchange
>
> wayne

0
neil.hobson (1158)
7/10/2006 1:28:33 PM
Try this link

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q155269

"WB" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote in message
>I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which
>Exchange 2000 has been install onto,  would this have an effect on exchange
>
> wayne

0
exchange.mvp (559)

Event sink registration for SMTP virtual server failed. (80070005 (Access is denied.) )
My setup: Windows 2003 AD (2 domain controllers) Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server (I'll call it main-server.domain.com) Exchange 5.5 on a Windows 2000 server (used to have all the mailboxes, but they have been moved to main-server.domain.com) Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2000 server (call it front-end.domain.com) The front end server is getting the error messages in the event log every 3 minutes: "Event sink registration for SMTP virtual server /LM/SMTPSVC/1 failed. Error code is 80070005 (Access is denied.). " I am using a firewall, and the front end server is in a DMZ, op...

Rename Server
I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have an effect on exchange wayne The Exchange services won't start after a server rename. Build a new server with the new name and move the mailboxes to it. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "WB" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote in message news:u5TGyDCpGHA.2360@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which >Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have ...

How to re-install version 7.0 on server after a server crash?
Our main server crashed and there was no backup. We had to send the drives away and recover the data. I now have clients which were setup and I have to get Great Plains version 7.0 working on the server again. We are running Pervasive SQL 2000i. I have re-installed the Pervasive on the server and copied the Dynamics folder back to it's origional location on the server but when I try to launch it from the client I get the error "Dexterity error "Unkown dictionary error" and then the program exits. Do I need to do an installation on the server again? Hi This error mea...

CRM 3.0 SDK Web Services
Hi I am writing a small data migration tool to migrate account and contact data. I have approximate 1500 accounts and 6000 contacts to import to CRM 3.0. I finished the application and ran the data migration, I will able to migrate all of the account records without any problem at all. when I run the contact migration, it can migrate 2800 contact records when it get over 2800, my application throw me the following error message: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. I am running CRM 3.0, SQL server and my data migration on the same server. I am wonder w...

how do i rename a sheet if the rename tab is inactive?
I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option is inactive when i right-clicked on the sheet. How do i make it active ? Hi, This would happen if the 'workbook' was protected. Tools|Protection|Unprotect workbook -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Nelson" wrote: > I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option > is inactive when i right-clicked on the ...

Exchange Server #9
I recently installed the trial version of Outlook 2007. I am having trouble connecting. I think I have determined that the server name is incorrect and causing the problem, but have no idea where to find what the true server name is... thanks! If you are not connected to a corporate network, I tend to doubt that = Exchange is the mail server you are actually using. Contact your ISP for the correct mail settings for your POP3 or IMAP = account. They usually have a FAQ section on their main page that = includes setting up mail services for various mail programs. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP ...

how to rename a file #2
What MFC class/function would I use to rename a file. Assume the file is not being accessed by any application. I have typically used the C run time library function 'rename' but his there a comparable MFC or SDK function? Thanks Ian Hi, You could use CFile::Rename. Regards Andy Mortimer [MS] Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of included script samples a...

Why am I getting a server busy dialog box? #2
I'm having a problem - i'm getting a "server busy" dialog box (the one with the "switch to" and "retry" buttons) and have no idea why. I have tested my software on some machines and it works fine, however on others it causes this problem. I've written a component that is called as a microsoft dynamics rms v2 hook. The component is written for the .net 2.0 framework and is also registered as com callable. It exposes a very simple interface: one method which blocks until it completes its work, and then returns a boolean to indicate success or fa...

integrate Activex control(OCX) object into ATL COM Server DLL project
I need to integrate Activex control(OCX) object into ATL COM Server DLL project. I created a dialog in my the project and added activex control. After adding the ActiveX control my other parts of the program are not working properly. The COM DLL calls CoCreateInstance() to connect to another component. At this point it hangs. If I remove the ActiveX object from the project everything works fine. Do you guys have any idea? ...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 and Global catalog server/DC
Hello, I recently installed Exchange 2003 on a new server in our domain. This is not the first Exchange 2003 server installed here. When i tried to migrate a user i got the following error message: The information store could not be opened. The logon to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer failed. MAPI 1.0 ID no: 80040111-0286-00000000 When i searched for a solution I believe I found one. They suggested that the problem is being caused by the fact that the Exchange 5.5 server is also a DC that holds the global catalog. My question is that if I uncheck the GC option is ADSS what will...

Renaming your password
I wanted to ask if someone could tell me if it is possible to rename your password? I would like to keep my existing e-mail accounts, and all of my folders and saved information. However, I was told that if someone knows my password and e-mail address, they can access my account from any other computer, anywhere. So, is there some way to handle this without losing the small group of links and e-mail boxes, etc. without bailing out? To change your email account password, contact the account provider, or check their website for assistance. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) ...

Adding a 2nd exchange server to an existing site.
We are looking to add a 2nd Exchange 2003 server to our org. We would like to have this server offsite in case of natural disater, power outage etc. Is there any way that both servers can have an up to date mailbox store for the users without 3rd party tools to synchronize this? Also- if not, why is this the case? Also would we need to adhere again to Microsoft licensing for this server or would our current cals and license still be legit? Thanks for your help. -- Mr.Max You are talking about a DR or GeoClustering solution and there is no way to do this natively in Exchange. You will...

Crystal Reports Server XI: Logon to CMS
Hi group, Not sure if this should be posted here but anyway here we go: I just installed the trial of Crystal Reports Server XI, but now after the installation I had to register and after that it ask me to logon to the CMS. I need to fill in username + password and Authentication (WindowsNT, LDAP, Enterprise). I'm not sure what to do here, I tried this with my administrator account local, Domain account, I remember I had to fill in an username and pwd at the start of the installation, tried that one aswell. I can't logon to the CMS. Anyone can help me in the right Direction? Th...

How would I know if someone is sending spam from our server?
I'm new the MS Exchange and being an admin, but here I am. We have SBS 2003 with Exchange and I've been seeing some strange email activity as of late. Is there a way to tell if someone is using our server to send spam? Can anyone suggest a few basic measures besides limiting the size of a users mailbox or number of recipients for protecting against something like this? We have Trend Micro's Office Scan for Exchange for virus protection and some spam filtering. If you've left the Exchange SMTP server settings at their default, it will only relay for the domain(s) you ...

Spam Server before Exchange (Brightmail)
I Currently have McAfee SpamKiller for Exchange installed on a Exchange 2003 Server. It catches a lot of spam (moves it to the Junk E-Mail folder) but not all of it. I'm thinking of adding an additional server as a front end to scan for spam before it gets to the exchange server. I was thinking of installing Symantec Brightmail for exchange on the first machine then forwarding the email to the exchange server. Does anyone have any experience with this? Ed Brightmail is one of the good products that are out there. There are currently quite a few good anti-spam products on the mark...

news server
not msnews, alt id --=20 G ...

CRM SBE with SQL Server 2005 on different machine
Hi, Is it possible to install CRM SBE and SQL Server 2005 on separate machine ? When access ASP, i get "Authentication Error". When i try to run Workflow Manager, error message " The specified MS CRM server is not responding" results. Should I allow "anonymous access" or "integrated windows authentication" in IIS ? Besdies, an error message "Login failed for user '' " results in Event Viewer of my DB Server Hi Catherine do you have any resolutions to this I think I have the same problem "Catherine" wrote: > Hi, ...

How to configure Ex2K3 to use internal SMTP server?
With our old 5.5 server there seemed to be a simple setting that redirected all outbound mail to our internal SMTP server via IP address. Things seem to be a bit more complicated in 2k3 so if somebody could tell me how to properly set up such a relay while also considering that our domain is company.local and all our emails should read company.com I'd really appreciate it. Our SMTP server is the "official" MX mail server as far as the outside world is concerned if it helps. It will soon be configured to forward all incoming mail to our new Exchange box once we make the Dom...

Money 2002
Greetings, My bank often sends me transactions in the download that have the payee's address, not their name. Is there a way to have it automatically rename say "123 E. Main St" to "AM/PM GAS STATION", instead of me doing it each and everytime I download transactions? In microsoft.public.money, <kharless@qwest.net> wrote: >Greetings, > >My bank often sends me transactions in the download that >have the payee's address, not their name. Is there a way >to have it automatically rename say "123 E. Main St" >to "AM/PM GA...

Server-side rule for auto reply
Hello All, We just modified our mail system in which all mail for a terminated employee will be delivered to another employee via SMTP. The terminated employee's AD account will be disabled as well. That question I have is this - How do we setup a rule to send an auto reply to the external sender that the user is no longer employed and to contact the new recipient? This message will be in our own words, nothing that Microsoft has scripted. Our old way of doing it was through UNIX which gave you the option of adding a bounce (auto reply) and allowed you to forward to the new recipie...

Print server.
Need help please, I have recently bought a HP COMPAQ laptop, a HP computer downstairs, and a cannon 4 in 1 printer downstairs. Would it be cheeper to buy a wifi enabled printer or but a print server for both computers ? Thanks. ...

Outlook '02 not leaving messages on server when told to
Outlook will not save the settings that tell it to leave the messages on the server. When I choose this option it works until I close outlook. When I have reopened outlook and go to the settings location to leave messages on server, it is not chosen. I have chosen this setting before and it was working. I have had problems with this on one of my computers for quite some time, but only noticed it on this one since SP2 was installed. I have applied the setting and said OK to each possible menu when exiting from this option menu. I have tried exiting outlook from the file menu, rather tha...

Renaming Reporting Services
Hello, I changed the name of server and I can't visualizer reports, because the Reporting Services found only the old server name. Anybody can help me to resolve this problem? Thanks a Lot! Breno Amorim you changed the name of the crm web server? ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx "Breno Amorim" <BrenoAmorim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C698B9F7-FF7B-43BC-8368-59C31A5FB994@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I changed the name ...

2nd Exchange server online
Hi all, I know this topic has been discussed many times. I'm running Exchange 2003 and I want to be able to setup another exchange 2003 online which is almost in sync with the production exchange server. This way if disaster strikes (eg: hardware, db corruption, os corruption), I have another server ready to be connected to network without restoring and minimal downtime as well. To do this, clustering will be the only choice. However, I was thinking of another method. What if I setup another identical network beside my production network on a different subnet which it does not interfer ...

when I rename outcmd.dat to .old, do I type outcmd.old or just rename to .old
I was given these directions and I am just clarifying: Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how the toolbars display. When it becomes corrupted, it will cause Outlook to hang because it cannot create the toolbars that you expect. bob <bob@donotspam> wrote: > I was given these directions and I am just clarifying: >...