Rename Exchange MBX Folders

Hi.

How do you rename folders in the M: drive?

Ex. Inbox to Bandeja de entrada.

Ive tried using the Exmerge.exe program, however it
doesnt work.

Thanks

The M: drive is a virtual drive.  Pretend that it doesn't exist.  Do not
interfere with it.  People have corrupted their information stores when
playing with the M: drive.

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchange.co.uk

"alonso" <alonso.alamo@cajacirculo.es> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> How do you rename folders in the M: drive?
>
> Ex. Inbox to Bandeja de entrada.
>
> Ive tried using the Exmerge.exe program, however it
> doesnt work.
>
> Thanks

0
neil.hobson (1158)
1/9/2004 8:50:38 AM
Sorry, forgot to answer your real question.

I believe the language of the first Outlook client to log into the mailbox
sets the folder names.  Therefore, I think you should get the correct
language Outlook client and then run outlook.exe with the /resetfoldernames
switch.

See http://support.microsoft.com/?id=296192

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchange.co.uk

"alonso" <alonso.alamo@cajacirculo.es> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> How do you rename folders in the M: drive?
>
> Ex. Inbox to Bandeja de entrada.
>
> Ive tried using the Exmerge.exe program, however it
> doesnt work.
>
> Thanks

0
neil.hobson (1158)

Rename Server
I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have an effect on exchange wayne The Exchange services won't start after a server rename. Build a new server with the new name and move the mailboxes to it. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "WB" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote in message news:u5TGyDCpGHA.2360@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which >Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have ...

Sent Messages not being saved in sent folder
Hi. When I send a message, Outlook is no longer saving it in the sent folder. It was doing this until about a month ago. It does not matter if this is a new message or a reply to an old message. Anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this? Thanks Mike ...

HELP Exchange / Outlook
User Reports that email from external sources arrives in his mailbox, remains for ~2-3 seconds, and then vanishes. I checked his rules and he has none. I used mdbvu32 to look for any stale rules and there are none. Can someone help me please. User is using Outlook 2003 is this just for email received from the Internet, or all email? check the "View" filters, and check the "delivery point" for all email... "Juan" <Juan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4A6E27E-D063-4170-9A07-023DB3ECEFE6@microsoft.com... > User Reports that emai...

Completing Exchange server migration
I am in the final stages of migration form one Exchange 2003 server to another Exchange 2003 server. All mailboxes have been moved and RUS and offline address book is pointing to the correct (new) server. The only issue i have remaining is the system folders. i.e. schedule+ free busy, these are not present on the new server. When i try and view the system folders, that is i right click on the public folders and select 'View system folders', i get the error 'Could not locate the root folder etc' Id No. C103b405 I have googled this error and tried installed url...

Merge two global lists in exchange #3
Hi! I have one (first domain) domain with exchange 2000 and windows 2000. And another (second domain) domain with exchange 2000 and windows 2000 in another forest. I want that users in first domain can see the users from second domain in the outlook list and the other way around. How can i do that? Thanks ...

Unable to display the folder
Hi, Problem descriptions: 1.) SFO tool bars missing on Outlook client 2.) CRM folders exists on Outlokk client, however, when user clicks on any of the folders, the following message displayed: "Unable to display the Folder". Corrective actions applied so far: 1.) Removed and added "crmaddin.dll" from Outlook 2.) rebooted Windows Results: 1.) SFO tool bar still missing on Outlook client! 2.) The same "Unable to display the folder" message still appeared! Help required: Anyone out there can assist and resolve the above problems is greatly appreciated. As...

Exchange 2003 Front-end with Exchange 2000 Back-end
I currently have a setup with multiple Exchange 2000 servers. I do not have any front-end servers. Can I install a new Exchange 2003 front-end server and get all Exchange 2003 mobile features? Or do I have to upgrade the back-end servers also? Any help is appreciated. You need to upgrade the back-end as well. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "rakishp" <rakishp@xsmail.com> wrote in message news:4b880277.0407012352.79d66c45@posting.google.com... > I currently have a setup with multiple Exchange 2000 server...

Exchange Connectivity #4
A new Exchange 2003 single site, has suddenly dropped access to all of the MS Outlook clients. Baseline security shows all is ok, pings fine, re-started all services and stores. Any ideas please?? what do you mean, exactly? what are the symptoms? any thing in the application log? can your users logon to the network? Global Catalog server OK? "Don Bews" <dbews@northlanarkchc.on.ca> wrote in message news:oX9Ce.15751$qg1.1377535@news20.bellglobal.com... > A new Exchange 2003 single site, has suddenly dropped access to all of the > MS Outlook clients. Baseline secu...

Exchange Server #9
I recently installed the trial version of Outlook 2007. I am having trouble connecting. I think I have determined that the server name is incorrect and causing the problem, but have no idea where to find what the true server name is... thanks! If you are not connected to a corporate network, I tend to doubt that = Exchange is the mail server you are actually using. Contact your ISP for the correct mail settings for your POP3 or IMAP = account. They usually have a FAQ section on their main page that = includes setting up mail services for various mail programs. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP ...

Restoring a folder in an inbox from Exchange 2003
Hi Folks, I have a user who deleted a folder from within there inbox. Could somebody please advise as to the best way of restoring. Any ideas would be great. The Server is exchange 2003 Rgds Stephen http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;228934 Stephen Rooney wrote: > Hi Folks, > I have a user who deleted a folder from within there inbox. Could somebody please advise as to the best way of restoring. Any ideas would be great. > The Server is exchange 2003 > > Rgds > Stephen ...

Can't open private folder from Outlook 2002
My PC was upgraded and the .pst file was copied to the new machine. When I tried to open the folder (File, Open, Outlook Data file, and click the .pst file) , I get a pop-up window with the message 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again'. But this is a new machine with much faster speed and memory. When I tried to define the folder (Tools, Options, Mail set up, Data files , open Files.., and click the .pst file) a window pop-up prompting me to open it from a list of programs. If I select Outlook then another pop-up window appeared w...

how do i rename a sheet if the rename tab is inactive?
I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option is inactive when i right-clicked on the sheet. How do i make it active ? Hi, This would happen if the 'workbook' was protected. Tools|Protection|Unprotect workbook -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Nelson" wrote: > I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option > is inactive when i right-clicked on the ...

Exchange virutal directories
Hello all, I am running Exchange 2003 with OWA. My question is that there are a couple of virutal directories within IIS for Exchange and was wondering if someone could tell me what functions they perform. Here is what they are Exadmin ExchWeb Exchange OMA Any help would be great Thanks! http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821898 -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31820E37-A239-44B7-A6AF-AF74635E5DB6@m...

Public folder calendar item automatically copied to private calendar ?
Hello; Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003 Recently, one of my users complained that everytime he opens a calendar item in a public folder, that item is copied to his private calendar. As i cannot reproduce this behaviour, anyone knows what kind of configuration/anomaly produces this result ? Thanks in advance Manuel Pereira BPN Uhh.. if you find out let us know please. That's what I am trying to accomplish, unfortunately it's not possible in Outlook. Unless she has some VBA macro installed. Manuelp wrote: > Hello; > > Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003 > > Recently, one of my u...

Exchange 2003 SP2 white paper?
I am in need of a white paper for SP2 for Exchange. I have found a couple good webcasts and a really good "article" on everything that is fixed or modified in SP2 but the management wants a white paper. Anyone able to find this? Thanks in advance. On 24 Feb 2006 10:00:30 -0800, "Phil" <ssgbones@gmail.com> wrote: >I am in need of a white paper for SP2 for Exchange. I have found a >couple good webcasts and a really good "article" on everything that is >fixed or modified in SP2 but the management wants a white paper. Anyone >able to find this? &g...

Outlook 2003 Net Folders...
Way back when, There was an option to syncronize contacts between computers via the "Net folders" option. Is there anything available today that allows for syncornization of contacts or other Outlook folders via the internet? Thanks! DS Not natively. The paid version of Hotmail allows you to store the messages/contacts/calendar on the Hotmail server and access these in Outlook by using the MSN Outlook Connector. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service ...

2 companies 1 exchange
Hi Is it possible to host 2 companies mail (different AD) in 1 Exchange 2003 server? The companies is connected with an 10Mbit line. And if it is possible, how will users at the site without the exchange be authenticated? Tomppa Hi, This should help: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=278888 Leif "Tomppa" <tofors99@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Od7F%23foBHHA.4256@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > Is it possible to host 2 companies mail (different AD) in 1 Exchange 2003 > server? The companies is connected with an 10Mbit line. And if it is > possible, ho...

how to rename a file #2
What MFC class/function would I use to rename a file. Assume the file is not being accessed by any application. I have typically used the C run time library function 'rename' but his there a comparable MFC or SDK function? Thanks Ian Hi, You could use CFile::Rename. Regards Andy Mortimer [MS] Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of included script samples a...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 and Global catalog server/DC
Hello, I recently installed Exchange 2003 on a new server in our domain. This is not the first Exchange 2003 server installed here. When i tried to migrate a user i got the following error message: The information store could not be opened. The logon to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer failed. MAPI 1.0 ID no: 80040111-0286-00000000 When i searched for a solution I believe I found one. They suggested that the problem is being caused by the fact that the Exchange 5.5 server is also a DC that holds the global catalog. My question is that if I uncheck the GC option is ADSS what will...

Renaming your password
I wanted to ask if someone could tell me if it is possible to rename your password? I would like to keep my existing e-mail accounts, and all of my folders and saved information. However, I was told that if someone knows my password and e-mail address, they can access my account from any other computer, anywhere. So, is there some way to handle this without losing the small group of links and e-mail boxes, etc. without bailing out? To change your email account password, contact the account provider, or check their website for assistance. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) ...

Adding a 2nd exchange server to an existing site.
We are looking to add a 2nd Exchange 2003 server to our org. We would like to have this server offsite in case of natural disater, power outage etc. Is there any way that both servers can have an up to date mailbox store for the users without 3rd party tools to synchronize this? Also- if not, why is this the case? Also would we need to adhere again to Microsoft licensing for this server or would our current cals and license still be legit? Thanks for your help. -- Mr.Max You are talking about a DR or GeoClustering solution and there is no way to do this natively in Exchange. You will...

Saving and opening a named folder using VB
Hi, In creating a workbook, I seem to have struck a dificulty in that if the workbook is transferred to another computer I need to change some of the code each time (as the other computers run different versions of windows, so the path to a specific folder is different.) The code that's affected relates to saving the file and opening the file using VB code within that file. Is there some way that excel can create a new named folder and place it in the My Documents folder so that the procedure would work in allcircumstances? AND also look for that folder (wherever it may be found) to open ...

Money 2002
Greetings, My bank often sends me transactions in the download that have the payee's address, not their name. Is there a way to have it automatically rename say "123 E. Main St" to "AM/PM GAS STATION", instead of me doing it each and everytime I download transactions? In microsoft.public.money, <kharless@qwest.net> wrote: >Greetings, > >My bank often sends me transactions in the download that >have the payee's address, not their name. Is there a way >to have it automatically rename say "123 E. Main St" >to "AM/PM GA...

Exchange 2007
Hallo. we have enabled recipient filtering for our organization as we are requested to reject with a SMTP connection error messages addressed to non existent recipients as follows: EMC - Organization Configuration - Hub Transport - Anti-spam - Recipient Filtering enabled Block messages sent to recipients not listed in the GAL Still, if I telnet on port 25 I get a 250 2.1.5 Recipient OK message to a RCPT TO:non_existent_user@mydomain.com We have 2 Exchange 2007 SP1 servers: both are HubTransport+ClientAccess+Mailbox+UnifiedMessaging Exch1 is Windows Server 2003 Ent R2 SP2 ...

Exchange 2000 Question
Hi Can anyone please tell me how to export Distribution List membership out of Active Directory. Tks Quickest way would be to use the LDIFDE utility. It is NOT simple to use, but you can export almost ANYTHING out of AD to a text file. If you type LDIFDE -r (objectClass=group) -l member -f output.ldf This will export only the groups out of Active Directory and it will export only the member attribute. You can tune the command line even more if you want to further refine your query. HTH, - Jim McBee http://www.somorita.com/webcasts "Oskido" <lusizo@chemin.co.za> wr...